Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sao Paulo, Brazil Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 21, 2015 21:57

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2016 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

São Paulo info by StonesPlanetBrazil

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 22:32 by bv.

Re: Sao Paulo, Brazil Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: January 8, 2016 15:20

I'll be staying at the Slaverio Executive Jardins, Alameda Campinas.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: January 8, 2016 15:28

A friend and I will be staying at the Radisson

Date: February 21, 2016 17:30

Guys, the weather looks pretty terrible for Sao Paulo next week - we sure these shows are happening?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 17:35

nankerzrk
Guys, the weather looks pretty terrible for Sao Paulo next week - we sure these shows are happening?

You can always count with Keith's rain stick!

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: February 21, 2016 22:42

Just 3 days to see the stones....
I live In Bahia. State of Brazil
I travelled 1933 kilometers to get in sao paulo last saturday.
I'm dreaming with the stones every @#$%& night!!!! It's gonna be the best day of my life

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 22:44

Have a great show paulorrenato!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 21, 2016 22:55

I'm flying tomorrow from Amsterdam to São Paulo for 2 shows smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2016 23:50

Flying from London for 2 shows on Tuesday!! Just really hope the weather won't be an issue

Date: February 22, 2016 04:34

It's raining here in sao paulo.
The good news is that it rains only at the day. But during the night the rain ends.
Sorry for my poor english! Haha

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 22, 2016 05:52

So this may have been covered in another thread - since there's no metro stop at the stadium, is taxi/Uber the best way to get the stadium? And how hard is it to find taxis at the stadium after the show? We are staying in Jardins, so figure we can taxi from there? Thank you in advance.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 22, 2016 17:53

hooked
is taxi/Uber the best way to get the stadium?

the only way, really. My Uber experience thus far has mainly been either cars not available or surge pricing. But I rode in a taxi this morning for 45 minutes for about 10 USD (equivalent), so you are unlikely to be bankrupted. Just settle in for a long, slow ride. Post-show, you gotta be nimble. I found a taxi easy after Rio.

Date: February 22, 2016 19:37

Thanks Dean, much appreciated. And thanks for the Uber info. Will leave plenty of time to get to the show.

Date: February 22, 2016 19:47

Where is the song vote folks?

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 22, 2016 20:48

nankerzrk
Where is the song vote folks?

It will be available tomorrow

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2016 00:39

Date: February 23, 2016 01:24

The Stones at Rio airport this evening. They're already in São Paulo.

[www.ofuxico.com.br]

Date: February 23, 2016 01:46

Friday night, from 10 pm, it's Stones night at Alberta #3, a downtown bar/nightclub named after a Dylan song no one has heard of. I've been a few times, a lot of cool Stones pictures on display, Stones songs on the PA, fanatical Stones co-owner. Ave São Luis, 272.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 23, 2016 02:37

Got to São Paulo this afternoon and it seems so,so cool compared to Rio.

Been a bit of rain since I got here but nothing like Rio on quite a few nights.

First impressions of SP are good as I am not in a posh hotel but a terrific place right near Luz metro/rail station.

Wouldn't stay out too late at night,but quite entertaining and the local cop shop about 50 metres away.
Great Internet access here as well,so may start posting again as Rio net was crap .thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2016 04:38

First impression of Sao Paulo yeesterday:

I was almost run over by a car, bitten by a dog and shortly after locked up between two doors in the emergency stairs of my hotel. No worries, the dogs don't bite that hard, I am now more aware of the cars (they will actually run you down), and even if 3 of 4 elevators in the hotel does not work, I will never use the stairs here.

In general, Sao Paulo is a big city. Don't expect it to come easy to you. It is the largest city in South America they say with 11 million people here and 20 million in the urban area.

Theres enough for a couple of blog pages, that is tomorrow. By the way no fish served until FRIDAY for me, that is what the menu says on my socalled favorite restaurant. The menu is sectioned by SEGUNDA, TERCA, QUARTA, QUINTA, SEXTA ... So Google translate says Monday, Tuesday, FOURTH, FIFTH, SIXTH but my waiter say SEXTA is Friday. I think they are playing games with me...

And why was everything here closed on Sunday? It felt so quiet. I am in the Brooklin area, seems like everything a lot close when people leave work around 5pm, but still...

Anyway, Sao Paulo isn't Rio, no need for sunscreen, and by the end of the week I will be an expert on Sao Paulo street walking I am sure.

Bjornulf

Date: February 23, 2016 11:50

Take care everyone in Sao Paulo. It is one of the less favoured stops for the Formula 1 travelling circus as it is a huge and chaotic city....but there is no doubting the passion of the Paulistas so I am sure there will be great audiences at the upcoming gigs.

Date: February 23, 2016 12:08

It certainly is a huge place. So many high rise buildings you can see when you fly in. Covers such a huge area.
A pleasant cool morning with a little rain earlier.
Gonna have a walk around central area with a few tips of where to go from Diego and Maria who run the place where I am staying. thumbs up

Date: February 23, 2016 12:27

Have fun, Tony! thumbs up

Date: February 23, 2016 13:29

I thought some Paulistanos might have offered advice by now, so I will chip n with some shallow gringo tips.

São Paulo has "selective appeal" but Chrissie Hynde and Cat Stevens both lived here at one time (separately), so you should be able to survive a couple of days.

The main street is Ave. Paulista, with a million banks and pharmacies and one great bookstore Cultura Livraria. Streets running off Paulista include Augusta, with cheap clothing boutiques and eateries (eastern end). Oscar Freire, a downhill walk from Paulista is the high-end shopping street. The flagship Havaiana store is there. I believe you can design your own flip-flops.

Vila Madalena is a hipster area, Liberdade is the Japanese area (more Japanese here than anywhere except Japan, I believe). Downtown has some appeal, including the architecturally famous Edificio Copan, where Chrissie Hynde lived, and the Stones-themed Alberta #3 bar. The Stones are in a horrible part of town.

Sights include MASP, the big red elevated art museum on Paulista; a killer crime museum (http://publicus.culture.hu-berlin.de/collections/detail.php?dsn=971); the skybar at the Hotel Unique; the observation terrace and bar at the Edificio Italia (the Queen was there!); football museum at Pacaembu stadium (mostly in Portuguese as of a couple of years ago).

Food is not a problem. Recent preferences include upscale Almanara and the Habib fast-food chain for middle eastern, Galeto for chicken, Yoi! for Temaki. There are bars on seemingly every corner. One cannot forget pão de queijo - the cheese bread, washed down with mate in various formats, e.g. mate con leite. Also açai, served like ice cream. Brazilian candies are my specialty, especially the peanutty "Paçoquita" range  - look for a Doces (sweets) store and try everything. The coffee? No comment.

Finally for Americans and others, a lot of prescription pharmaceuticals, like statins, are over-the-counter and generic here, so a lot of savings.

Date: February 23, 2016 14:11

Thanks for the tips Dean
I'm gonna take a walk to Ave. Paulista and the side streets off it later. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-23 14:12 by crawdaddy.

Date: February 23, 2016 14:47

Sunday 5 pm, Palmeiras - one of the local football teams - is playing at Allianz Parque. This Scottish expat can organize everything for you: [ilikefootballme.wordpress.com]

Date: February 23, 2016 17:09

DeanGoodman
Sunday 5 pm, Palmeiras - one of the local football teams - is playing at Allianz Parque. This Scottish expat can organize everything for you: [ilikefootballme.wordpress.com]

Great tips, thanks Dean. And thanks for posting about Alberta #3. We also had the Palmeiras game on our list and are planning to go.

Date: February 23, 2016 17:58

Dean - do you know the expat who does the football tour? Looks good from the description.

Date: February 23, 2016 21:54

Currently,the best club of sao paulo is corinthians. They defeated Chelsea in 2012. Unfortunalety they won't be playing on sunday. It would be a good tourist attraction for who likes football.

Date: February 23, 2016 22:39

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home