Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Montevideo, Uruguay Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: January 4, 2016 09:47

Hi varilla, would you please contact me in email? We've got some transportation issue from Montevideo to Rio, and maybe you can help us. Thank you in advance and our votes go to the both night party too!

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: January 4, 2016 15:03

Domonkos
Hi varilla, would you please contact me in email? We've got some transportation issue from Montevideo to Rio, and maybe you can help us. Thank you in advance and our votes go to the both night party too!

Sure

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 4, 2016 16:06

varilla
Mr Jimmy
varilla
Grat! Just let me know what is better: the day before the Stones show or the day after

Hi Varilla!

I would say the day before the show. I guess that some people, like myself, will be travelling the next day, either home, or on to Rio!

Cheers,

Mr. J

Yes, i think it will be easier for everyone the day before the show, monday 15.
I´m planning to get a pub for us, take my band there and have some drinks, chat and jam for a while. Everyone of IORR who plays something is welcome to play. What do tou think? Good program?

Sounds perfect! Looking forward to it!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: January 4, 2016 21:33

Hola Varilla como andás, bueno, sin dudas que arreglamos. Ya veo que la idea es un día previo y luego del show. Voy a responder alguna cosa por acá. La seguimos... abrazo.
Alejandro

Date: January 4, 2016 22:28

varilla
Stonesfan62
aralla
Hello there, I'm from Montevideo too and of course I'm in.
Whatever you need to know about the city and country just ask!

Happy New Year!
Cheers smileys with beer
Alejandro

Where are the best places to stay Alejandro?

I would´nt reccommend downtown. Pocitos or Punta Carretas area is my reccommendation. Full of hotels, restaurants, bars, near the Centenario. By the beach. Stay there.

Hi Stonesfan62, well Varilla is right. Pocitos and Punta Carretas, Puerto del Buceo are the best quarters to stay because the situation. Of cource, always depends of your budget.

La Rambla de Montevideo, river boardwalk is really beautiful in summer.

But you have to visit the old town by day (Ciudad Vieja) and the Centre Quarter.
It's very nice and you have lot of points of interest: Puerto de Montevideo, Mercado del Puerto, Teatro Solís, Plaza Independencia, Palacio Legislativo, Mercado Agrícola etc.

Bus is the main and unique public transport in Montevideo or you can take a taxi.
Bus price in cash $26 = less than 1 dollar. US$1 = $30 rounded.

Surely a taxi will not be expensive for you. Two rates: for days of week 6am-10pm and 10pm-6am (plus 25%). Saturdays until 3pm same as dow. Weekends or holidays same as night. At destination, make sure to see the number marked in the taximeter and the price's table.

You can exchange money all over the city without any problems in Casas de Cambio.(euros, dollars, pounds, pesos argentinos, reales brazil). If you want to exchange a good amount then ask for better rates of courtesy (sometimes it works).

Uruguaian people usually don't speak English very well. Easier with young people but is not a rule so with patience you can get you need. We're nice and helpfull cool smiley

Prices always includes taxes (IVA). No need to give tip (propina) to the taxi driver, just round the amount. For example: $108 give $120, $137 give $150.

Restaurants or bars: bad service nothing or round, good or average service %5 is ok, very good or excellent service %10

Currency

Coins -> $1, $2, $5, $10, $50 (very rare)
Paper -> $20, $50, $100, $500, $1000, $2000

Just to make an idea, to have good dinner you need nearly $500 (main course and drinks). But of course, it depends where and what you eat.

Another important info: there are no signs in english, just spanish.
Menues in spanish unless you go to a restaurant in a touristic zone (we mentioned here). But don't worry! Any doubt just ask to people.

We expect to join with you and all iorr friends the night before the show and before the show.

Cheers
Alejandro

Date: January 4, 2016 22:58

Great Aralla, Cristal clear!
Do not change money in the airport, bus terminal or harbour. The rates there are VERY low. You´ll be able to exchang much better in Exchange houses (there are lots of them around the city or any Shopping Center) or even in restaurants, bars, hotels.

What else to say? Aralla has said it all!!! Bring swim suits since we are in mid summer: 25/30º

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: January 5, 2016 05:13

any tickets left? Ha

Date: January 5, 2016 06:00

Hi Librarian. Yes!
There are tickets for:
- VIP PREMIUM A & B
- TRIBUNA OLIMPICA (best ANILLO 1)

Let me know if you need help.
Regards
Alejandro

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 6, 2016 14:15

Estimados varilla y aralla, he tenido contacto esporádico con ustedes a lo largo de los años y me alegro que por fin se encontraran los otros uruguayos de IORR! Yo soy el 3ro pero vivo en BA. Me encantaría conocerlos pronto. Abrazo celeste!

Date: January 6, 2016 14:23

Venis a los Stones en Mvd Quique?

Date: January 6, 2016 15:59

How can i publish some photos i have in my desk in the computrer? I never published a photo in Iorr. I have some incredible photos i want to share with you

URUGUAY
Date: January 7, 2016 01:35

We are really very happy that the Stones are coming down here for once in a lifetime.
I think we are 3 or 4 Uruguayans in IORR. I was wondering if people in general know something about us, or even that we existed.

We have a population of 3.300.000 people. Very small. The longest distance from Montevideo is 600 kms. We have a very strong democracy, much stronger and traditional than most of Latin America.
Gentle place with gentle people. Our main resources come from cattle and agricultuire. Tourism is growing every day. We have these great beaches with super top Punta del Este as the big destiny. A very, very nice place, 1 hour from Montevideo.

Our national passion is football, really big. Its a miracle that such a small county is 2 times world champion and the top winner of America Cup (15 times). Our 2 main teams, Peñarol and Nacional were 8 times champions of the Southamerican touranament (the biggest and most prestigious of the continent) and 6 times World Champions. Practically everbody in Uruguay likes football and a derby in Centenario is a sight to be seen , unbelievable.

We come mainly from italian/spanish immigration although we have people from everywhere.

Its from Uruguay that came those guys who crashed in a plane in the Andes mountains and miraculously survived in the worst and most unhuman conditions after 72 days in the mountain. Considered dead, they had to get out by their own means in what is considered one of the most epic stories in manhood. There is a film done by Hollywood about this: ALIVE

I hope this is not to boring for everyone but inevitably i wanted to knoe if you know us!!

Re: URUGUAY
Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: January 7, 2016 01:54

I have a friend from uruguay. It would be nice to visit your country someday... But yes I do know some things.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:02

The company I work for is also located in Uruguay Montevideo so yes I know you and also what apparatus grinning smiley you have installed in your country

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 7, 2016 04:22

Beautiful country, nice and gentle people. I can totally relate to your feelings about the Stones playing in Uruguay, varilla. Porto Alegre is much closer (in spirit) to Montevideo than to Rio or São Paulo.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 7, 2016 15:35

I saw a documentary about the president from Uruguay who lives on a small farm and doesn't care about formalities. What a guy!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2016 15:54

Thanks to varilla and aralla for the information. The Stones are giving some of us a great opportunity to visit your country and we are really looking forward to it!

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: January 7, 2016 15:56

Hi !
Varilla, your idea of meeting is excellent. See you in February!
Aralla, I´m from Uruguay. Now the forum have a three Uruguayans. Four with Quique, who is a brother more winking smiley

Cheers

www.fabiosilvera.blogspot.com

Date: January 7, 2016 16:48

Yeah Rocandosis carajo!!! My great friend Fabio. I want you with us playing and singing in our jam.!!
Giant artist, giant person.!!!

Fuerte abrazo Fabio querido!!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 7, 2016 21:02

4 cool Uruguayians IORR members isn't bad, he?!
We are like our loved country, small, humble, gentle and nice.

Como me iba a perder ver a Los Stones en el Centenario!!!!
Organicen algo que ahí estaremos!
smileys with beer

Date: January 8, 2016 01:26

[mail.google.com]

Me in the field of Centenario with my back to the place where the stage will be

Date: January 8, 2016 19:43

Well, Varilla, Fabio, Quique, Cristiano (venís?) and friends all over the world, great party await for us! Stay in touch!

Date: January 8, 2016 19:49

aralla
Well, Varilla, Fabio, Quique, Cristiano (venís?) and friends all over the world, great party await for us! Stay in touch!

Count me in! smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 8, 2016 19:52

Rockandosis
Hi !

Hey, what happened to your painting thread?

Date: January 8, 2016 19:57

Cristiano Radtke
aralla

Count me in! smileys with beer

Excellent Cristiano! cool smiley

Rockandosis, saw your paintings in your blog. Beautiful! Congrats!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 10, 2016 10:37

Hi Varilla,are there any major football matches taking place in the city that week?Cheers!

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: January 11, 2016 01:41

Does anyone know what CUIT/CUIL means on the buquebus website?

Date: January 11, 2016 01:48

6s7s9s

If I'm not wrong, that's a kind of Argentinian ID. If you're a foreigner I think you can leave that space blank or fill it with zeros.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: January 11, 2016 02:36

Cristiano Radtke
6s7s9s

If I'm not wrong, that's a kind of Argentinian ID. If you're a foreigner I think you can leave that space blank or fill it with zeros.

Yes, there was a box that had me listed as Argentine...when I put USA in there, the CUIT/CUIL box disappeared.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: January 11, 2016 02:40

Can one of our fine members from Uruguay speak about a trip from Montevideo to San Paulo, please?

For example, flying? driving? Time? Expense? Hosing in San Paulo?

Sincere good Stones' karma to anyone who might help!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home