Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 21, 2015 21:54

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2016 in La Plata (near Buenos Aires), Argentina.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 22:23 by bv.

Re: La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 22, 2015 00:42

A friend and I plan to share a taxi from the city center of BA to La Plata, is someone interested to share it with us? I think that the price was 70 dollars one way (so 140 with the return).

Benjamin.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 22, 2015 04:04

benstones
A friend and I plan to share a taxi from the city center of BA to La Plata, is someone interested to share it with us? I think that the price was 70 dollars one way (so 140 with the return).

Benstones - will the Taxi wait for you during the show, or will you have to find a new one to get back to BA?
I'm concerned about the return logistics from La Plata to BA. Getting there should be easy, but leaving with 50,00 others wont be. Hiring a van and a local driver would be the ideal scenario IMHO.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 22, 2015 04:16

A taxi for the return is a nightmare, there's only a way to get out of the stadium to the city of buenos aires, about 60 km, I went to variuos concerts there and 2 to 3 hours is the minimum time to return to the city.
A bus or a van is the only option, I went with my car a couple of times but not anymore after the U2's shows on 2011, I spent THREE hours at the La Plata/BS AS highway.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 22, 2015 07:14

Let's start putting together a list of names who would be willing to charter a bus.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 22, 2015 07:36

rcfoxy
benstones

Benstones - will the Taxi wait for you during the show, or will you have to find a new one to get back to BA?
I'm concerned about the return logistics from La Plata to BA. Getting there should be easy, but leaving with 50,00 others wont be. Hiring a van and a local driver would be the ideal scenario IMHO.

I have actually no idea... Going to the stadium will be easy, but coming back it's gonna be hell...

Benjamin.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 22, 2015 21:05

I'm all keen for a Bus! Put me down for 8 seats please!! We will generally find our own way there, as some of us will want to queue all day, but certainly a bus to get back to Recoleta area would be great!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: December 22, 2015 21:17

A bus is a great idea! Ben and I would be up for that.

Richard, I'm also staying in the Recoleta area - would we be able to join you guys on the way there? We have VIP tickets and would want to be there early as well.

Posted by: dandelion12 ()
Date: December 22, 2015 21:28

We have booked a hotelroom for the 13th in La Plata, called Unico Eco Hostel Boutique. It's near Plaza Italia.
Walking distance is about 5 km. We are hoping it'll be safe walking back by night.
Anyone else staying in La Plata?
Anyone living in La Plata who can tell us if it's safe walking?

Posted by: rsvp2000 ()
Date: December 23, 2015 02:26

A friend of mine went in a Shuttle (bus or van) for the Pearl Jam concert a few month ago. An cost him about $ 300 pesos are about U$s 22- (go & back) He take the bus in Colon Theatre in Buenos Aire's Downtown. And took about 3 hours back to BA 'cause the highway traffic. I think is the best option, even for the local people like me.

Date: December 23, 2015 02:35

dandelion12
We have booked a hotelroom for the 13th in La Plata, called Unico Eco Hostel Boutique. It's near Plaza Italia.
Walking distance is about 5 km. We are hoping it'll be safe walking back by night.
Anyone else staying in La Plata?
Anyone living in La Plata who can tell us if it's safe walking?

A lot of fans will be in the streets, plus police. So I don't think that you'll have problems. I don't know the city, but I have plans to go before to see how is.

Google is you friend, take a look in street-view to have an idea.

[www.google.com.ar]Único+Ciudad+de+La+Plata,+Avenida+25,+La+Plata,+Buenos+Aires/@-34.9146908,-57.9892663,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x95a2e648fe3809cf:0x8cbe346a28c878b1!2m2!1d-57.9530356!2d-34.9073015!1m5!1m1!1s0x95a2e796c35ba77f:0xfa546c6ec8fdfd96!2m2!1d-57.9891083!2d-34.9137939!3e2

Cheers,

Roy

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 23, 2015 04:18

dandelion12
Anyone else staying in La Plata

I am. I don't want the best experience of the tour to be marred by severe travel hassles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-23 04:20 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: marianofernandez ()
Date: December 24, 2015 07:13

Hey, my name is Mariano, i'm from Argentina. I have tickets to sell ! I know La Plata because I live near there. If you want I can help you !!

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: December 24, 2015 10:36

Hey mariana, I'm going on the 13th and need a ticket with access to the campo.

i'm arriving on the 10th in BA

Christmasgreetings to you

Paul

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: December 25, 2015 02:54

Hey Mariano, I will be in Buenos Aries on 12th February and I am chasing 2 tix for the 13th.

Merry Christmas.

Cliff

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 25, 2015 04:57

Well I am going to all 3 shows, and my concern also is getting back rather than to the shows. I know exactly where Rcfoxy and at least 4 other people on this board are staying in Recoleta. I don't think any of us would mind throwing in for a bus or van or whatever, its just the logistics, If you are GA, I am sure you want to get there very early, where as seated people don't need to get there before late afternoon. The retrun home is the big concern. Still, I have seen the people at Shidoobee organize things like this, so I think we all should be able.

Posted by: marianofernandez ()
Date: December 26, 2015 02:27

Hey, write me : rollersoeste1@hotmail.com to more information !

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 26, 2015 18:51

kahoosier
Well I am going to all 3 shows, and my concern also is getting back rather than to the shows. I know exactly where Rcfoxy and at least 4 other people on this board are staying in Recoleta. I don't think any of us would mind throwing in for a bus or van or whatever, its just the logistics, If you are GA, I am sure you want to get there very early, where as seated people don't need to get there before late afternoon. The retrun home is the big concern. Still, I have seen the people at Shidoobee organize things like this, so I think we all should be able.

I have 3 people who are interested in joining a group bus travel for return or round-trip for all 3 shows.
Please keep me in the mix.
THX

Posted by: intinublado ()
Date: December 26, 2015 19:10

Hi Mariano, I live in Colombia and I'll be in Bs As for the 3 shows, but I have no tickets.... Please contact me as I'm interested in buying 1 for each night....

intinublado@hotmail.fr

Muchas gracias !

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: December 26, 2015 19:15

Oh, a bus sounds like a wonderful idea.smiling smiley

Date: December 28, 2015 03:02

Some bus service are available in MercadoLibre (aka Argentinean eBay) to do the travel to La Plata:

[servicio.mercadolibre.com.ar]

[servicio.mercadolibre.com.ar]

They wait for you to return you to BA. They charge you $ 280- about U$S 20- You can sign-up to the site and pay through Mercado Pago (aka paypal)

Cheer

Roy

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 29, 2015 00:25

Hey RSVP 2000, do those pages come in English? winking smiley Still treasure the CDS you have sentwinking smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 20:08

Anyone have any luck in booking tickets for this bus??

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 20:36

Anybody have any luck booking Seacat ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia???
Sorry for being so dumbsad smiley(

Date: December 30, 2015 01:33

kahoosier
Hey RSVP 2000, do those pages come in English? winking smiley Still treasure the CDS you have sentwinking smiley

No English version, just try with a web translator. Good to know that you still enjoy them!

Cheers,

Roy

Posted by: haukri ()
Date: January 5, 2016 15:00

Hey, I am Kristin from Germany. I got an offer from a taxi company in Buenos Aires for a shuttle by car from the Recoleta Area, where we stay, to the concert and back from La Plata to the Recoleta area (Intersur Recoleta). It is 160 USD for this two way shuttle because the drivers have to wait there. I am waiting for some other offers for Minibus. I saw some of you are also in the Recoleta area so maybe we can share a Minibus or car.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:29

Stonesfan62

Hi Stonesfan62, try with this link:

[www.buquebus.com]

Cheers
Alejandro

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:02

aralla
Stonesfan62

Hi Stonesfan62, try with this link:

[www.buquebus.com]

Cheers
Alejandro

I've been trying, but I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:31

Where did you stank? What phase of the process?

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 5, 2016 21:32

aralla
Where did you stank? What phase of the process?

I have logged in and filled out the info for me and my friend, but then it just stops there. There is nothing says I can buy them or that I have reserved them.

I logged back in and my info was still there.

I called but they transferred me to an English-speaking extension (before I could even try my horrible Spanish) but no one answered so I hung up.

I'm going to try to call again tonight using my girlfriend (who speaks Spanish) as a translator.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home