Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Santiago de Chile, Chile Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 15:11

Me too sad smiley It sure beats being in front of a Computer Screen in Swindon...

I've done 3 "1st night of the Tour" gigs in my life. It's always great to see the band but for me there's a special extra excitement about the opening show. It's probably the build up in the days leading up.

I did the 1st night of Licks 2002/3 in Boston, Show 1 of 50 and Counting and Show 1 of 14 on Fire Europe in Oslo.

I also did the 1st UK gig of both Voodoo Lounge and BtB (Sheffield and Edinburgh).

For everyone there, have a great time!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-02 15:15 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 2, 2016 15:11

everwest1
DandelionPowderman
Wish I were there...
both you and I DPM...
Facts be known I don't even know why I am so excited about all of this when I am not there, and wont be there, unless hope hope hope some good folks scope the shows for us. I guess that is it, I have Faith and Hope telling me that we will get some live Stones broadcast soon. It has been too long.

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:10

"Pressure Drop" for Keith would be awsome. Go Keith go!

Keith did "Can't Be Seen" and "You Got The Silver". "Can't Be Seen" was my true favorite. It sounded great. Lots of guitar playing, great stuff.

"Pressure Drop" was the first one they did during the stadium rehearsals, after a long jam a la blues and Chuck Berry inspired riffs sort of warmup, so I guess it will be early in the set like number 4 or 5. I am sure the crowd will love it, sort of can't keep your feet on the ground when they play it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:11

mitch
Great to see them back on the road in such good shape...

]

Are you @#$%& kidding me?!
These four guys are the coolest men on the planet!
cool smileycool smileysmiling smileycool smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:18

bv

Keith did "Can't Be Seen" and "You Got The Silver". "Can't Be Seen" was my true favorite. It sounded great. Lots of guitar playing, great stuff.

"Pressure Drop" was the first one they did during the stadium rehearsals, after a long jam a la blues and Chuck Berry inspired riffs sort of warmup, so I guess it will be early in the set like number 4 or 5. I am sure the crowd will love it, sort of can't keep your feet on the ground when they play it!

Great, looks like some big changes to the setlist. But I hope they keep all the favorites, they did sound so great last year. Could you tell the full rehearsal list, bv? South America will get a great tour of the Stones, and with them at age 73 appearing in front of fans and reporters and creating huge partys [at that age!], we can really be proud to be fans of such a band!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:18

bv

Amen.
What other song were rehearsed? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:24

So "Pressure Drop" with Mick singing? Fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-02 16:27 by 1962.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:29

bv

Amen.
What other song were rehearsed? Thanks in advance.

Me too!! I'm dying to know what they'll play, but also don't wanna know, just to be surprised on the shows...
I think that current "Song vote" is a clue. At least in Argentina, "stone" music was based on Tattoo you/Undercover, so that's why they chose She's so cold: is some kinda anthem to us. But they know we love also the sixties, so they add She's a rainbow.
Great times are waiting for us!!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 16:57

bv

Oh wow! "Pressure Drop" would sound amazing! If they play it at the show, hopefully the Stones YouTube channel will upload a good version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-02 16:58 by stones2000.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2016 17:03

DandelionPowderman
I was listening to LYL yesterday, and for some reason I've never catched the Toots & The Maytals-referance during Tumbling Dice before..

Mick sings «sweet and dandy» lots of times rather jamaican-ish toward the end. Both Mick and Keith (and probably Ronnie) are big Toots-fans thumbs up

And Toots opened for the Stones in Copenhagen during ABB!

Date: February 2, 2016 17:04

Beast
DandelionPowderman
I was listening to LYL yesterday, and for some reason I've never catched the Toots & The Maytals-referance during Tumbling Dice before..

Mick sings «sweet and dandy» lots of times rather jamaican-ish toward the end. Both Mick and Keith (and probably Ronnie) are big Toots-fans thumbs up

Sure did. I should have been there!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 2, 2016 17:24

Has there been any discussion as to why the seating layout on the first page shows a ramp out into the audience yet the photos of the stage in the stadium show there is no ramp?

Praying for periscope tomorrow! What time are the Stones on stage in various time zones?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 17:25

mr_dja
Has there been any discussion as to why the seating layout on the first page shows a ramp out into the audience yet the photos of the stage in the stadium show there is no ramp?

Praying for periscope tomorrow! What time are the Stones on stage in various time zones?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Look carefully, there is a ramp smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 2, 2016 17:34

Stonesfan2146
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes, there is.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2016 17:56

DandelionPowderman
Beast
DandelionPowderman

Sure did. I should have been there!

Toots and the Maytals also opened at all three Rotterdam Licks shows in '03 and San Diego ABB in '05.
I should have been there...wait a minute...I was!

Great tune for the Stones to cover - it's been covered by The Clash and a latter version of The Specials.
Looking forward to hearing it, and hope they keep it in setlist if and when the return to the US.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 2, 2016 18:05

mitch

LOL >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 2, 2016 18:05

I think I'm right in saying if the gig starts about 9 p.m. it will be 2 a.m. in western Europe and 1 a.m. in U.K.

I will probably get up about 7 a.m. Thursday morning here in Spain, and start from page 1 and slowly make my way through the reviews and pics etc.

I envy all of you there , but I will be over in Rio from Feb 11th and looking forward to my 4 gigs in Brasil. See some of you there. smileys with beer

Date: February 2, 2016 18:23

crawdaddy
I think I'm right in saying if the gig starts about 9 p.m. it will be 2 a.m. in western Europe and 1 a.m. in U.K.

I will probably get up about 7 a.m. Thursday morning here in Spain, and start from page 1 and slowly make my way through the reviews and pics etc.

I envy all of you there , but I will be over in Rio from Feb 11th and looking forward to my 4 gigs in Brasil. See some of you there. smileys with beer

So 1am here in the UK then ? I'll certainly be following all the build up on here and will most likely be unable to resist following the show itself live up until the "warhorses home straight" winking smiley

Date: February 2, 2016 18:37

crawdaddy

Santiago is only 3 hours behind London......so midnight kick off here.

Date: February 2, 2016 18:40

Cristiano Radtke
Stonesfan2146
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes, there is.

Doh!

It's all about perspective, isn't it? When I first looked at the picture, I couldn't figure out why the "barrier" seemed to make a right turn at a spot so far from center stage. Even now, the perspective of the photo is still playing tricks on my eyes. I don't think that photographer could have positioned themselves any better in an attempt to "hide" the ramp while it's in full view. Not that that was their intention. Just the result for my eyes!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2016 18:45

crawdaddy

If the gig starts 9 pm in Santiago de Chile - then it's Midnight in UK and 1 am in Central Europe:

The World Clock – Time Zone Converter

Date: February 2, 2016 18:46

Manofwealthandtaste
crawdaddy

Santiago is only 3 hours behind London......so midnight kick off here.

Two hours AHEAD of Eastern time in the US means I'm going to have to figure out how to use periscope on my phone and I'll be in rehearsal for most of the show. Curses... Foiled again!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 2, 2016 18:56

Irix
crawdaddy

If the gig starts 9 pm in Santiago de Chile - then it's Midnight in UK and 1 am in Central Europe:

The World Clock – Time Zone Converter

Thanks IRIX & Crawdaddy - you bet I'll be there and also praying for periscope!
... 1am is ok, much better than those US dates, starting at 2am or 3am hehehe ...

Rock'n'Roll! Can't wait! Really getting exited here ... smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 2, 2016 18:59

How I mis-calculated that I don't know.

Well if it's a roughly 1 a.m. start for it here in Spain , I might just watch the reviews coming in at show time for the first few songs.

An added bonus will be if periscope is up and working by some fans.

Gotta remember how to do it and think it was on the twitter site if I remember.

Will do a trial run on it tonight and then I will be fine.

Bring on The Stones at Santiago. Yippee!!!!! >grinning smiley<

Date: February 2, 2016 19:08

The opening act (Los Tres) will be on stage at 7.30pm and their concert will last about 45 minutes. The Stones concert is scheduled to start at 9pm, although it's not confirmed yet. [www.t13.cl]

Date: February 2, 2016 19:12

Here's some pics from last night, after meeting the fans in the stadium and rehearsing there: [www.latercera.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 2, 2016 19:45

Sweet - thanks Cristiano! Does the text explain what Keith is distressed about in that one shot?

Date: February 2, 2016 19:48

crawdaddy
How I mis-calculated that I don't know.

Well if it's a roughly 1 a.m. start for it here in Spain , I might just watch the reviews coming in at show time for the first few songs.

An added bonus will be if periscope is up and working by some fans.

Gotta remember how to do it and think it was on the twitter site if I remember.

Will do a trial run on it tonight and then I will be fine.

Bring on The Stones at Santiago. Yippee!!!!! >grinning smiley<

So Only midnight here in Old Blighty. Damn! I'll definitely be following all now...grinning smiley

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: February 2, 2016 20:28

So a Gunners jersey is the key to Mick's heart?

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 21:03

with sssoul
Sweet - thanks Cristiano! Does the text explain what Keith is distressed about in that one shot?

Un ensayo que fue a banda completa y donde desplegaron gemas como She’s a rainbow, Paint it black, Gimme Shelter, Anybody seen my baby?,Wild horses, Midnight Rambler y Like a rolling stone, de Bob Dylan. Todo terminó con You got the silver, tema de 1969 que recién empezaron a tocar en vivo tres décadas después. Ahí, nuevamente el vocalista adoptó roles protagónicos, calibrando sonido y hablando con su equipo técnico. Cerca de las 19.30 horas, culminaron la prueba y se retiraron a camarines.

A full-band rehearsal when they played She’s a rainbow, Paint it black, Gimme Shelter, Anybody seen my baby?, Wild horses, Midnight Rambler and Like a rolling stone.

SO WE WILL GET A NICE KIND OF A SHOW!!

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home