Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT Bernard Fowler David Bowie Alumni Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 31, 2019 03:10

SonicDreamer
crholmstrom
i notice no gail anne dorsey on the list. that's a pretty large missing piece.

Yes, but she's in Lenny Kravitz's current touring band which I will be much more lucrative given that he is playing Arenas rather than the Bowie alumni band's theatre shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

good for gail. i've been a fan of hers for a very long time. predating her joining bowie's band. extremely talented lady! the combination of her & catherine russell in the last bowie live band was excellent. catherine is another very talented lady.

Re: Bernard Fowler / Earl Slick gigs
Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 7, 2019 03:37

Poster for upcoming gig in Portland:

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: February 12, 2019 00:08

I saw the show for the second time last night, in Modesto CA.
Much better than the earlier show I saw in Reno, Charlie Sexton and Cory Glover now in the band, Sting's son is not.
This show is great, Cory does a great job with Ashes to Ashes, Charlie sang Let's dance and Ziggy, so much better than I would have thought. Cory and Bernard do Under pressure as well.
Talked to Earl Slick and Charlie after the show, while they stood out a back door smoking cigs. Calm, nice guys. Also discussed Charlies recent playing of some girls in Spain. I asked what prompted those shows, he said he loves the effin album, then he looked over to Earl and said, "the album has 2 chords, and a third but it's wrong".

Nice moment for a fan.
I also got their autographs, couple of pictures, and Bernard's autograph, I told him I will see him in May at Levi Stadium...he appreciated that.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:59

Was very impressed with the show last night in Vancouver BC. Bernard did a great job on all his tunes, as did Cory, Gaby, and Charlie. Bowie's not easy to pull off vocally, but all 4 of them killed it. Band sounded tight and Earl was animated and energetic. Nice selection of tunes, including 'Moonage Daydream', 'All the Young Dudes', 'Aladdin Sane' and 'Sweet Thing'; songs are apparently on a rotating basis, so they're not locked in to a particular set list every night. Show was in a club/ballroom so the crowd was standing and appreciative, and sang along at opportune moments. Would definitely catch this again.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 20, 2019 15:26

These are from Revolution Hall Portland, Oregon on Sunday night 2/17/19.
The show was fun and engaging and Mr. Fowler certainly can sing...

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home