Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT Bernard Fowler David Bowie Alumni Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 31, 2019 03:10

SonicDreamer
crholmstrom
i notice no gail anne dorsey on the list. that's a pretty large missing piece.

Yes, but she's in Lenny Kravitz's current touring band which I will be much more lucrative given that he is playing Arenas rather than the Bowie alumni band's theatre shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

good for gail. i've been a fan of hers for a very long time. predating her joining bowie's band. extremely talented lady! the combination of her & catherine russell in the last bowie live band was excellent. catherine is another very talented lady.

Re: Bernard Fowler / Earl Slick gigs
Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 7, 2019 03:37

Poster for upcoming gig in Portland:

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: February 12, 2019 00:08

I saw the show for the second time last night, in Modesto CA.
Much better than the earlier show I saw in Reno, Charlie Sexton and Cory Glover now in the band, Sting's son is not.
This show is great, Cory does a great job with Ashes to Ashes, Charlie sang Let's dance and Ziggy, so much better than I would have thought. Cory and Bernard do Under pressure as well.
Talked to Earl Slick and Charlie after the show, while they stood out a back door smoking cigs. Calm, nice guys. Also discussed Charlies recent playing of some girls in Spain. I asked what prompted those shows, he said he loves the effin album, then he looked over to Earl and said, "the album has 2 chords, and a third but it's wrong".

Nice moment for a fan.
I also got their autographs, couple of pictures, and Bernard's autograph, I told him I will see him in May at Levi Stadium...he appreciated that.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:59

Was very impressed with the show last night in Vancouver BC. Bernard did a great job on all his tunes, as did Cory, Gaby, and Charlie. Bowie's not easy to pull off vocally, but all 4 of them killed it. Band sounded tight and Earl was animated and energetic. Nice selection of tunes, including 'Moonage Daydream', 'All the Young Dudes', 'Aladdin Sane' and 'Sweet Thing'; songs are apparently on a rotating basis, so they're not locked in to a particular set list every night. Show was in a club/ballroom so the crowd was standing and appreciative, and sang along at opportune moments. Would definitely catch this again.

Date: February 20, 2019 15:26

These are from Revolution Hall Portland, Oregon on Sunday night 2/17/19.
The show was fun and engaging and Mr. Fowler certainly can sing...

A Bowie Celebration tonight in Detroit
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 23, 2019 20:04

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but has anyone seen the show?

Re: A Bowie Celebration tonight in Detroit
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 23, 2019 20:21

Date: February 24, 2019 20:27

Sockers56
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but has anyone seen the show?

Me...twice

Date: February 24, 2019 21:51

Saw the show last night in Detroit. After the show I got a nice handshake from Bernard Fowler & not just a hand slap. I told him I would be seeing him in Chicago this summer. He smiled. BTW, excellent show.

OT: Got to shake Bernard Fowler's hand in Detroit
Date: February 26, 2019 13:11

Saw a Bowie Celebration in Detroit Sat night. We had 3rd row. Bernard nailed the vocals. We made our way to the front & after the encore, Bernard came over & shook my hand, not a hand slap, but a nice genuine handshake. I said to him, "see you at Soldier's Field.

Re: OT: Got to shake Bernard Fowler's hand in Detroit
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 26, 2019 15:24

Does anybody here have information on the concert in Dresden, Tante Ju, I think that was in 2007, with Bernard and Doug Wimbish?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-26 16:30 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Re: OT: Got to shake Bernard Fowler's hand in Detroit
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 26, 2019 15:50

In 2002 my wife and I were having drinks at Stones Place in Toronto. Bernard swept in straight to a VIP spot in back but later came out to sing with the band. Very cool.

The night before the 2015 Pittsburgh show my sons and I ran into Bernard having a light dinner at an outdoor bistro in the tourist section. We made quick small talk but he seemed grumpy and distracted.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 6, 2019 17:46

Lisa joined the band last night

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: March 22, 2019 14:29

My wife and I went to the show in Austin last night. It was fantastic. We hoped it would be good, but it was much better than expected. 2 1/2 hours.

The venue was an old but renovated small theater. Acoustics were great. The band and crowd had such a great time.Charlie Sexton's son joined late in the show. Like his dad, he can play that guitar. He looks a lot like Charlie did in the 80's.

Bernard certainly enjoys being a front man, and it is nice to hear his voice. We liked the different singers as it matched the different phases of Bowie songs.

If you liked Bowie music and want to see a great show and have fun, go.

Date: March 29, 2019 01:23

Electric Ballroom,3-31-19,
Sunday 8:00 PM Eastern,Co-Host Bernard Fowler(Rolling Stones) Will Be Discussing His New Record (Inside Out),Release Date 4-19, a Brilliant re-interpretation of Songs by the Rolling Stones,30 Years being with the Band,
The Upcoming No Filter Tour,The Bowie Celebration Tour and More!!!
Will be Spinning tracks from (Inside Out),Suzi Quatro, Keith Richards,Ramones, Nik Turner,Motorhead,Ronnie Wood,David Bowie,The Clash,Generation X,Sex Pistols,
Public Image Limited,The Stooges,NY Dolls,Lou Reed,Acid,T-Rex,The Damned, Dandy Warhols,Ardent Sons and More!
NJ/NY WRAT 95.9 FM,www.iheart.com/live/959-the-rat-5292/ click on listen live!
Stream On The Alexa App.

Date: March 29, 2019 02:07

curt
Electric Ballroom,3-31-19,
Sunday 8:00 PM Eastern,Co-Host Bernard Fowler(Rolling Stones) Will Be Discussing His New Record (Inside Out),Release Date 4-19, a Brilliant re-interpretation of Songs by the Rolling Stones,30 Years being with the Band,
The Upcoming No Filter Tour,The Bowie Celebration Tour and More!!!
Will be Spinning tracks from (Inside Out),Suzi Quatro, Keith Richards,Ramones, Nik Turner,Motorhead,Ronnie Wood,David Bowie,The Clash,Generation X,Sex Pistols,
Public Image Limited,The Stooges,NY Dolls,Lou Reed,Acid,T-Rex,The Damned, Dandy Warhols,Ardent Sons and More!
NJ/NY WRAT 95.9 FM,www.iheart.com/live/959-the-rat-5292/ click on listen live!
Stream On The Alexa App.

This sounds great, I hopefully will be able to tune it.
once done, anyway to listen to it afterwards?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 30, 2019 00:38

Download "Stay" David Bowie live. Earl Slick's guitar work is phenomenal.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 4, 2019 23:37

.We’re excited to announce that the great Bernard Fowler will be joining us on our dates next month in New Zealand and Australia! Tickets are available at [www.abowiecelebration.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 23:44 by Lien.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: April 5, 2019 00:14

Lien
.We’re excited to announce that the great Bernard Fowler will be joining us on our dates next month in New Zealand and Australia! Tickets are available at [www.abowiecelebration.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Woohoo!! Kahoosier and I bought tickets a while ago for Auckland, so extra pleased that Bernard is back in the band!!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home