Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Sorta not O/T: Earl Slick & Bernard Fowler play 'Station To Station' at The Academy, Liverpool. Thursday 28th April, 2016.
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 30, 2016 01:06

Thanks for the review and terrific pix, Simon. Tonight's gig in London was an absolute stunner. And yes, Earl Slick's playing was just fabulous. An amazing gig.

Re: Sorta not O/T: Earl Slick & Bernard Fowler play 'Station To Station' at The Academy, Liverpool. Thursday 28th April, 2016.
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 01:43

I was going to say Simon you lucky barstard so and so, but fair play to you always finger on the pulse.

Hope you keeping all right.

Keep right on.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 30, 2016 13:04

Yes amazing gig in London last night. Good luck to these guys on the tour

Date: April 30, 2016 18:04

We bought tickets for last night's show at the Academy Islington way back last year when this was announced and had been looking forward to it ever since. Great to hear the Station To Station album in its entirety with a blistering rendition of the title track. A very funky Golden Years and a wonderfully extended TVC15 were a delight to hear. A daughter of a Spider in the form of Lisa Ronson added another connection to this great era of Bowie music.
Bernard was outstanding on vocals and Earl 'boy can he play guitar' Slick was on top form as he let rip. Golden years indeed, wah, wah, wah!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 1, 2016 02:56

Great write-up Simon. Some Bowie fans friends of mine in the UK have been raving about these shows. Earl is awesome. Hope they add some US shows!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 02:21

I do hope for US shows as well. Looks fantastic!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 2, 2016 05:15

Very cool! Wonderful photos and report. Thanks Simon!

Earl Slick was seated a few tables away from us at Ronnie's and Mick Taylor's incredible gig at The Cutting Room in NYC a few years back.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: May 2, 2016 11:42

Caught them on Saturday evening in Colchester, great gig with an amazing version of Stay the highlight. BF a natural front man, obviously he's learnt a lot from the master. Was hoping to have a chat with him beforehand re the new stones album but no luck.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 4, 2016 18:10

Hello,

I'm just glad that a few other IORRians 'saw what I saw'...here's to these guys playing some more shows together. I'll be there if they do!

A couple of more shoddily-shot vids: two from 'TVC15', this time...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

A big hello to Sara, Mike, Chris and Simon C. too!

Cheers,

Simon.

Earl Slick & Bernard Fowler - Perform Bowie's STATION to STATION
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 4, 2017 17:43

Earl Slick & Bernard Fowler - Perform Bowie's STATION to STATION on tour now in USA. Tickets available for some venues

[www.google.com]

Re: Earl Slick & Bernard Fowler - Perform Bowie's STATION to STATION
Date: August 4, 2017 17:45

Now touring USA.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 4, 2017 18:05

A nice pair

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: August 5, 2017 01:51

Cool! I saw a couple of East Coast dates posted. I hope they expand the tour.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2017 01:53

Do not miss this if you get the chance. The London show far exceeded my expectations - it was truly fanTAStic!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2017 02:58

exilestones
Now touring USA.

Bit of a red herring there. Dates announced are in January 2018.

[concerts1.livenation.com]

[www.havananewhope.com]

[www.ticketfly.com]

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 5, 2017 03:04

I'm sure it's great but it would make me too sad and make me cry for a week. Still not over David's passing. I wish he were still here making horrible and wonderful music.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 5, 2017 04:00

Bernard was the vocal highlight of the Mike Garson-led tribute show at the Wiltern in January. A late addition to the roster, he did the relatively obscure "Win," and left every ounce of emotion in him on the floor. I think he was crying at the end. So I'm definitely on for S2S and recommend it to anyone regardless of lingering feelings for DB: He's not coming back.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 5, 2017 04:03

DeanGoodman
So I'm definitely on for S2S and recommend it to anyone regardless of lingering feelings for DB: He's not coming back.

Are you sure?

Re: Bernard Fowler / Earl Slick gigs
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 6, 2017 08:01

I know that Earl did not play guitar on Heroes, but Bernard almost always does Heroes when he plays with Waddy, and he sounds great doing it too.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-06 08:06 by BluzDude.

Re: OT: Bernard Fowler / Earl Slick gigs
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 6, 2017 10:03

Rocky Dijon
Mick brought Earl in to play guitar on "Dancing in the Street" around the same time that Earl was teamed with The Stray Cats rhythm section as Phantom, Rocker, and Slick. Keith played on their single, "My Mistake." All of this in the middle of the DIRTY WORK sessions.

Yes, Phantom Rocker & Slick got together again a few years ago when their 1st album was reissued on CD. Here's still hoping that their 2nd one, "Cover Girl" also gets the same stunning reissue treatment rather sooner than later.

Date: August 7, 2017 05:42

Earl Slick mentioned:
[iorr.org]

Date: August 7, 2017 05:59

In 2015, Earl Slick and Bernard Fowler decided to celebrate the upcoming 40th Anniversary of David Bowie’s celebrated Station to Station album with a tour in the United Kingdom. Sadly David Bowie passed away and the tour, which kicked off in March of 2016, became a celebration of his life, featuring songs from Station to Station, and other Bowie, Rolling Stones, and Bernard Fowler tunes. The tour was an enormous success, and received praise in press and social media. On the heels of that incredible journey, Slick and Bernard are bringing a similar set to the United States.

Minors may be admitted when accompanied by parent or legal guardian, up to 2 minors per adult

The Rockwell
255 Elm St
Somerville, MA, 02144

[www.ticketfly.com]

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 16:31

Didn't Keith Play on a track from Phantom Rocker and Slick's first record?

I could be wrong but seems like it.

Undercover1

Date: August 7, 2017 18:31

Undercover1
Didn't Keith Play on a track from Phantom Rocker and Slick's first record?

I could be wrong but seems like it.

Undercover1

He played on, "The single "My Mistake" also appeared on the Top Rock Tracks chart, peaking at 33,[8] and featured Keith Richards."

[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.keithrichards.com]

[keefguitar.tumblr.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 8, 2017 16:18

billwebster
Rocky Dijon
Mick brought Earl in to play guitar on "Dancing in the Street" around the same time that Earl was teamed with The Stray Cats rhythm section as Phantom, Rocker, and Slick. Keith played on their single, "My Mistake." All of this in the middle of the DIRTY WORK sessions.

Yes, Phantom Rocker & Slick got together again a few years ago when their 1st album was reissued on CD. Here's still hoping that their 2nd one, "Cover Girl" also gets the same stunning reissue treatment rather sooner than later.

Here with Keef guesting on guitar(audio not video)
[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 8, 2017 23:41

Earl had played on "State of Shock" replacing Randy Hansen on guitar. However, I had that wrong previously. Bowie was working with Earl Slick when "Dancing in the Street" was cut. Mick brought in G. E. Smith to overdub guitar later.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 19, 2017 15:18

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 19, 2017 23:40

rollmops
billwebster
Rocky Dijon

Here with Keef guesting on guitar(audio not video)
[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Noticed for the first time: isn't that Keith in the video at 3:04 ?? You can clearly see him for just half a second!

Tom

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 21, 2017 00:12

The live version of "Stay" with Bowie is an EPIC demonstration of
superb guitar skills. A masterpiece.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 21, 2017 12:10

Anything in the pan for Europe, as far as we know?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home