Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: The Marquee Club – Live In 1971
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2016 08:33

Way cool Dead Flowers Marquee show ... ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:51

Mick Jagger´s outfit is like - absolutely fabulous, so far out that it was just outta sight!

When compared to the excellent night in Leeds they must have been either stoned, pissed off, hung over, anything - but it´s great to have this piece of history available for us old enough to remember watching this on b/w tv and for the rest of you as something of curiosity value?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 14, 2017 16:05

Mathijs
Probably one of the worst gigs the Stones have done. Unfortunately.

Mathijs

Club show, like most of it except satisfaction

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 14, 2017 16:30

Well, i really like it esp the alt.takes.
But i also like the gig. There have been better ones, but i am glad we gt this one.
Hoping for more from that year.

Jeroen

Date: November 14, 2017 16:34

black n blue
Mathijs
Probably one of the worst gigs the Stones have done. Unfortunately.

Mathijs

Club show, like most of it except satisfaction

Not a real show.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: November 15, 2017 11:20

It is not an outstanding performance. More an average one. But it is nice to have an intimate club gig from 1971 in that outstanding technical quality.Especially compared to the average technical qualitiy of "Ladies and Gentleman...."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2017 11:26

This is a treasure to own!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: November 15, 2017 14:50

If only Keith didn't nod off before Wild Horses sad smiley

Date: November 15, 2017 14:57

RockingLonestar
It is not an outstanding performance. More an average one. But it is nice to have an intimate club gig from 1971 in that outstanding technical quality.Especially compared to the average technical qualitiy of "Ladies and Gentleman...."

From what I've heard from this tour, I'd say that Roundhouse was excellent, Leeds was decent and the Marquee was poor.

I Got The Blues is a treasure, though.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 15, 2017 18:23

is this the same concert as one i have seen on youtube a lot recently, it does good versions of brown sugar, midnight rambler and bitch.

also is ladies and gentleman, a dvd i have, different from live at the marquee.

i sometimes get confused with all these live releases.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 15, 2017 18:44

Sounds like the Marquee but it's not the same as Ladies and Gentlemen which is from the tour of America in 1972.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 15, 2017 20:07

DandelionPowderman
RockingLonestar

From what I've heard from this tour, I'd say that Roundhouse was excellent, Leeds was decent and the Marquee was poor.

I Got The Blues is a treasure? On the main track, and even the alternates, Mick can't get it right, blowing out his vocal chords every time. It took until the Fonda Show to have an acceptable performance.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 15, 2017 22:39

I thought it was a lethargic gig. I prefer the other 2CD set on the Japanese import I have, i.e Brussels Affair. It goes to show that, even at their perceived prime, the Stones could be hit or miss.

Date: November 15, 2017 23:14

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
RockingLonestar

I Got The Blues is a treasure? On the main track, and even the alternates, Mick can't get it right, blowing out his vocal chords every time. It took until the Fonda Show to have an acceptable performance.

It's great, even though Mick has a bad cold. Bobby's solo is pure heart, and the vibe is beautiful. Two lovely versions.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 16, 2017 08:16

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
RockingLonestar

It's great, even though Mick has a bad cold. Bobby's solo is pure heart, and the vibe is beautiful. Two lovely versions.

Agree!
Probably the only song I listen to from this show.
Taylor adds some spice also!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 17, 2017 17:48

Always hated I Got the Blues, be it on Sticky or this LP and the 4 years of boots which preceded it.

I agree with many that this performance was not up to speed (and WHAT A SPEED!) of the Roundhouse and Leeds.

One problem is that when Sticky Sooper-Dooper Deluxe was released, we finally got to hear, smell, and taste the power and majesty of the Roundhouse tracks and the Leeds' show. Next to those, the Marquee sounds a whole lot like exactly what one commentator wrote - too much cocaine......

The whole concept of the Marquee Club show and TV Special was such a great idea, but, Bolivian Marching Powder aside, the show and performance always seemed so ...... contrived.Several tracks are passable, but with the brilliance of Roundhouse & Leeds, Marquee is relegated to the shelf.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 17, 2017 20:08

The speed (and probably the drugs, too) is the same as Leeds and the Roundhouse.

It's the lack of energy and the sloppiness in both playing and sound settings that make Marquee inferior, imo.

What do you mean by "and the 4 years of boots which preceded it"?

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: August 23, 2020 14:53

I am really enjoying this.... it says an awful lot if this was a comparative off night. Just a thought... are the guitars out of tune at the beginning of live with me. By the way .... great sound quality on the CD of the vault release of this!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home