Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bianca vs Anita
Posted by: Randomgirl91 ()
Date: December 12, 2015 01:07

I know this is random but i was reading ain't it time we said goodbye and it seems to me that anita was the problem and not bianca so why does bianca get the bad reputation and not anita.?

Re: Bianca vs Anita
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 12, 2015 01:52

Randomgirl91
I know this is random but i was reading ain't it time we said goodbye and it seems to me that anita was the problem and not bianca so why does bianca get the bad reputation and not anita.?

I'm not sure where you get your sense of reputation from. Bianca is thought of as a strong independent woman who dedicated a good part of her public life to charity. Anita is a long time drug addict who made what many have said are very questionable moral decisions in the 70s. I would not judge either one, but as far as "reputation" goes I'd say Bianca has more respect.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 12, 2015 02:21

Not sure what problem you are referring to Randomgirl91? Pretty sure neither woman got directly in the way of Stones business. It's pretty well known that they couldn't stand each other so once might imply that they didn't particularly contribute much towards Keith and Mick staying tight.

One could speculate that without them both we would still be getting records of the quality of Sticky Fingers and Let It Bleed. winking smiley But as I've said before who are we to judge matters of the heart.

Date: December 12, 2015 02:40

I should have explained myself more like i meant to some stones fans bianca is the bad one and anita isn't and thats is just not the case to me imho.

Date: December 12, 2015 02:49

Randomgirl91
I should have explained myself more like i meant to some stones fans bianca is the bad one and anita isn't and thats is just not the case to me imho.

But bad girls are good! winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 12, 2015 02:59

Randomgirl91

i think that has more to do with the mick vs. keith thing, than either lady.

Date: December 12, 2015 03:08

treaclefingers
Randomgirl91

I thought this was more like a or Ginger or Mary Ann question.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 12, 2015 06:52

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Randomgirl91

I thought this was more like a or Ginger or Mary Ann question.

Lovey was the hot one.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 12, 2015 07:36

Randomgirl91

I know where you're coming from Randomgirl91,
I was always partial to Bianca because when I became a Stones fan in 1979, Bianca was seen as the stuckup b*** But I always thought there was more to her than what most Stones literature dictated in those days and I like underdogs.
Anita drove much of that mythology: Anita was the cool rock chick, while Bianca, who was not part of the music scene, was seen as a snob. Bianca could come across as aloof, and she stayed away from that world. But as time has passed, we've gotten to see who she is. Like Turner68 said, I think Bianca is more respected today. Even Keith's attitude toward Bianca changed. I think it's a matter of just prejudging someone from public perception. She has admitted that in those days, she was intimidated by that world and felt she didn't fit in. Anita didn't help that either. She was also private, and so all people had to go on was perception. She's a classy lady. The only Jagger woman who has never written a memoir.
I happen think Anita and Bianca are a great part of the Stones legend. Two strong women who clashed in personality, but were fascinating and iconic in thier own way. The Stones women are one of the things that set the Stones apart from other bands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-12 07:38 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 12, 2015 11:01

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 12, 2015 15:09

Randomgirl91

I enjoyed this book and I understand where you are coming from.

I kind of see it as Anita was "one of the guys" and was around for a while by the time Bianca showed up.

Bianca, whether the reason or not, seems to mark the change in Mick. Distracting him away from the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-12 16:38 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 12, 2015 15:51

....I pick Anita by a knock-out in the 2nd round...

Date: December 12, 2015 17:08

thanks for all of the responses and thank you stupiguy2 for responding i like all of your posts.smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 12, 2015 18:10

stupidguy2
Randomgirl91

I know where you're coming from Randomgirl91,
I was always partial to Bianca because when I became a Stones fan in 1979, Bianca was seen as the stuckup b*** But I always thought there was more to her than what most Stones literature dictated in those days and I like underdogs.
Anita drove much of that mythology: Anita was the cool rock chick, while Bianca, who was not part of the music scene, was seen as a snob. Bianca could come across as aloof, and she stayed away from that world. But as time has passed, we've gotten to see who she is. Like Turner68 said, I think Bianca is more respected today. Even Keith's attitude toward Bianca changed. I think it's a matter of just prejudging someone from public perception. She has admitted that in those days, she was intimidated by that world and felt she didn't fit in. Anita didn't help that either. She was also private, and so all people had to go on was perception. She's a classy lady. The only Jagger woman who has never written a memoir.
I happen think Anita and Bianca are a great part of the Stones legend. Two strong women who clashed in personality, but were fascinating and iconic in thier own way. The Stones women are one of the things that set the Stones apart from other bands.

I only can recall two other women who had "some" influence ......Yoko Ono and Courtney Love

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 12, 2015 18:35

Actually Chrissie Shrimpton hasn't sold her story as far as I am aware.
Nor has Jerry...her books haven't been kiss and tells at all.

Keith's first serious girl friend, Linda Keith has also kept her own counsel.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 12, 2015 22:26

treaclefingers
Randomgirl91

Credit people with an open mind, i prefer Keith but think Jerry is fantastic.
I'm going with Bianca on this one, as a person in her own right outside of the Stones, she is a classy lady who has done an awful lot of good for her home Country.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home