Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 22, 2016 21:12

Mr.D
1. Meet Me In The City
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Sherry Darling
4. Jackson Cage
5. Two Hearts
6. Independence Day
7. Hungry Heart
8. Out In The Street
9. Crush On You
10.You Can Look....
11.I Wanna Marry You (Here She Comes intro)
12.The River
13.Point Blank
14.Cadillac Ranch
15.I'm A Rocker
16.Fade Away
17.Stolen Car
18.Ramrod
19.The Price You Pay
20.Drive All Night
21.Wreck On The Highway
22.Badlands
23.Wrecking Ball
24.Backstreets
25.Because The Night
26.Brilliant Disguise
27.The Rising
28.Thunder Road

encores
29.Rebel Rebel (Tribute To Bowie)
30.Bobby Jean
31.Dancing In The Dark
32.Born To Run
33.Rosalita
34.Shout

3hrs 24 min.

[we.tl]

Shout wouldn't fit on the WT file so I have it on Dropbox, email me and I will send it to you.

Bruce is up there with the Stones in the soundtrack of my life.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 22, 2016 23:40

Unfortunaly the article is in Spanish but it´s says that Bruce will play at Rock in Lisbon.

[blitz.sapo.pt]

And there´s also a rumour he will play May 26th in Manchester.

So hopefully Europe will also gets a The River tour!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 23, 2016 12:34

I may be wrong, but to me it sounds as if Steve is more upfront with his guitar than he was lately.
I like it this way!
When I first heard the second solo on "Cadillac Ranch" for a moment it sounded like Keith in his prime!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 23, 2016 18:09

Listened to a few soundbits of the Pittsburgh show. Sounds like Bruce is singing - pardon, screaming - behind the drum kit or under the stage. A deaf man must have done the mixing.

Does Springsteen honestly expect fans to pay for low lo-fi? Remove the towel from Springsteen´s microphone before starting recording the next show!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 23, 2016 18:57

I really like the stripped down band he is using on this tour, no horns except Jake, no backup singers, introducing the band only takes a couple of minutes, not ten like on his last few tours!smiling smiley A friend sent this to me, they are going to remaster opening night and spend more time on the others:
[live.brucespringsteen.net]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 23, 2016 20:49

Mr.D
I really like the stripped down band he is using on this tour, no horns except Jake, no backup singers, introducing the band only takes a couple of minutes, not ten like on his last few tours!

thumbs up

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 24, 2016 16:31

No tickets yet - He and E Street band are due in town Feb 16. I guess money will have to be forked out-

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 24, 2016 16:57

No tickets yet. i live in castricum,near amsterdam. Hoping for an european tour.
Jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 25, 2016 16:08

UPDATE (1/24/16): Starting at 8PM tonight the live recording of The River tour from the Jan. 19 Chicago show will be available as a free MP3 for the next two days.
MP3s and CDs and higher fidelity formats will go on sale Wednesday.

Date: January 25, 2016 16:13

Thanks! First show for free. Lovely thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 25, 2016 16:20

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up Cristiano.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 25, 2016 16:23

DandelionPowderman
The first show was Pittsburgh on the 16th, I put a WT link above, they are remastering that recording because it is not a great mix. Listening to the Chicago mp3's now, MUCH better mix!

Date: January 25, 2016 16:25

Mr.D
DandelionPowderman
The first show was Pittsburgh on the 16th, I put a WT link above, they are remastering that recording because it is not a great mix. Listening to the Chicago mp3's now, MUCH better mix!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm listening myself. Sounds great. Nice with the Jimmy Reed intro-music as well smiling smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 25, 2016 20:15

Apparently Bruce is heading to Europe. Please see link from the Italian newspaper La Republica stating that The Boss will be playing at Circo Massimo in Rome on 14th of May. A charity sporting event has been rescheduled in order to accommodate the gig.

Sorry in Italian I have given a brief summary above.

Bruce in Rome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 13:02 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 09:52

desertblues68
Apparently Bruce is heading to Europe. Please see link from the Italian newspaper La Republica stating that The Boss will be playing at Circo Massimo in Rome on 14th of May. A sporting event has been rescheduled in order to accommodate the gig.

Sorry in Italian I have given a brief summary above.

Bruce in Rome

Great news of course, but it pretty much means another stadium tour in Europe. How come the US (almost) always gets arena shows and Europe stadium shows? I would love to see him in a relaxed arena environment for a change :-) Anyway, most important is that he is most likely comming to Europe and that is exciting.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 26, 2016 12:08

Thanks for the nes DesertBlues. Hope to see him in Holland.
jeroen

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: January 26, 2016 13:40

Mr.D
I really like the stripped down band he is using on this tour, no horns except Jake, no backup singers, introducing the band only takes a couple of minutes, not ten like on his last few tours!smiling smiley A friend sent this to me, they are going to remaster opening night and spend more time on the others:

No back up singers? Stripped down? There're still two women singing backing vocals en playing guitar. His band has still three more players than in 1980, all guitar players. That's too many. In my opinion he could do without the women. Stevie's fine.

Date: January 26, 2016 13:45

Some of the backing vocals (Stevie?) from the Chicago show make Keith sound like a choir boy with perfect pitch grinning smiley

Lovely just the same. Great show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 13:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 26, 2016 13:56

RnT
Mr.D

No back up singers? Stripped down? There're still two women singing backing vocals en playing guitar. His band has still three more players than in 1980, all guitar players. That's too many. In my opinion he could do without the women. Stevie's fine.
I saw E-Street in 2014...there were like 20 people onstage. This IS stripped down.

And Bruce isn't going to kick his own @#$%& wife out of the band, even though I'm sure some of his other bandmates wouldn't mind if he did.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: January 26, 2016 14:34

keefriff99
RnT
Mr.D

I saw E-Street in 2014...there were like 20 people onstage. This IS stripped down.

And Bruce isn't going to kick his own @#$%& wife out of the band, even though I'm sure some of his other bandmates wouldn't mind if he did.

smileys with beer Ok the glass is half full then....

Date: January 26, 2016 15:19

RnT
keefriff99
RnT
Mr.D

smileys with beer Ok the glass is half full then....
I very much enjoyed the expanded version of the band in 2014, but it will be a pleasant change to see the band basically shrunk back down to the core members.

Patti Scialfa is Bruce's wife and has been a backup singer/acoustic guitarist going back to the '80s, and Soozie Tyrell has been playing strings since 2002, so neither are exactly extras at this point.

Bruce (original)
Little Steven on guitar
Nils on guitar
Roy on keys
Garry on bass
Max on drums
Jake Clemons on sax
Charles Giordano on organ
Patti on backing vox and acoustic
Soozie on backing vox and strings

I like that.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:22

So that's ten musicians on stage. This year, the Stones will likely have M,K,C,R, Darryl, Chuck, Bernard, Tim Ries, Matt Clifford, Karl Denson and Sasha Allen. That's eleven people on stage. One MORE than the E-Street Orchestra.

BTW, I have a ticket to the Springsteen show next week in Boston, and I am totally and utterly psyched. I expect it will be fantastic, and I will report back here to confirm that after the show.

Date: January 26, 2016 19:51

Tate
So that's ten musicians on stage. This year, the Stones will likely have M,K,C,R, Darryl, Chuck, Bernard, Tim Ries, Matt Clifford, Karl Denson and Sasha Allen. That's eleven people on stage. One MORE than the E-Street Orchestra.

BTW, I have a ticket to the Springsteen show next week in Boston, and I am totally and utterly psyched. I expect it will be fantastic, and I will report back here to confirm that after the show.
I'm going to Hartford on Feb. 10, and I will do the same.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 20:42

keefriff99
Tate

I'm going to Hartford on Feb. 10, and I will do the same.

Have a great time. I am so jealous! As I am jealous of everyone heading to South America for the Stonesgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 23:56 by desertblues68.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 26, 2016 23:43

keefriff99
RnT
Mr.D

OK, new survey....who's a worse singer, Patty or Linda (McCartney)?

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: January 27, 2016 00:36

BluzDude
keefriff99
RnT
Mr.D

Linda McCartney actually had her moments of being somewhat decent. Patti is terrible though. I'm still looking forward to seeing Bruce on Sunday in Newark!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 27, 2016 00:38

amazing set list night after night with surprises.

worth every penny. Jagger should take notes.

Date: January 27, 2016 03:34

Bobbyb98
BluzDude
keefriff99
RnT
Mr.D

Linda McCartney actually had her moments of being somewhat decent. Patti is terrible though. I'm still looking forward to seeing Bruce on Sunday in Newark!
I don't remember her ever being BAD.

However, that yodeling she did after being introduced by Bruce on the Live in NYC DVD was EXTREMELY odd. She can sing, but it was a horrible, Yoko Ono-style misfire.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2016 17:32

There are some pretty nasty voice isolation tracks that I've heard of Linda. As for Patty, her "moment" in the live 10th Ave. Freeze Out is pretty irritating IMHO.

Date: January 27, 2016 18:26

BluzDude
There are some pretty nasty voice isolation tracks that I've heard of Linda. As for Patty, her "moment" in the live 10th Ave. Freeze Out is pretty irritating IMHO.
That's exactly what I'm talking about...that weird warbling was awful. That entire extended 15-minute version of 10th Ave is awe-inspiring except for that.

I especially love the buildup to introducing Clarence. Absolutely epic.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home