Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2023 02:19

Detroit Medley = great

I'm sure someone will disagree as this has became a most disagreeable place.

Maybe 'Spare Parts" or some other boring song would have been better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 02:20 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 26, 2023 09:42

The whole Amsterdam setlist. Trapped played as well!

The first three-hour show on this tour.

19:41

01. No Surrender
02. Ghosts
03. Prove It All Night
04. Letter To You
05. The Promised Land
06. Out In The Street
07. Kitty's Back
08. Nightshift
09. Mary's Place
10. Trapped
11. The E Street Shuffle
12. Johnny 99
13. Last Man Standing
14. Backstreets
15. Because The Night
16. She's The One
17. Wrecking Ball
18. The Rising
19. Badlands
20. Thunder Road

Encore

21. Born In The U.S.A.
22. Born To Run
23. Bobby Jean
24. Glory Days
25. Dancing In The Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27. Detroit Medley
28. I’ll See You In Me Dreams
22:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 09:42 by Topi.

Date: May 26, 2023 09:53

Oh yeah, apparently Detroit Medley and Trapped were both audibles, not setlisted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 11:09 by Topi.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 27, 2023 09:24

Topi
Oh yeah, apparently Detroit Medley and Trapped were both audibles, not setlisted.
That’s correct! I was in the Arena and for a second after Mary’s place you saw on the teleprompter that E street shuffle was next and then he started Trapped. And after 10th avenue Bruce didn’t let the band go and started himself the medley.

Date: May 27, 2023 09:30

RnT
We got Detroit Medley tonight in Amsterdam. Great setlist, bad sound. No surprise for the Johan Cruijff Arena, though I thought the Stones sounded a little better there last year).
Agree last year the sound was better in the pit the only instrument what was way to loud was the bass. It really was annoying it even ruined some songs especially bij Born in the USA it was like hell. Some people which were by concerts in Dublin they also were complaining about the bass was way too loud

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 27, 2023 17:47

I have been debating posting this for awhile now because I truly love Bruce. I have been to approximately 20-30 shows and always in the pit. Every show I have left I felt like I had been to a rock concert bordering on a religious experience. I couldn't wait until the next show. On this tour, while I loved the few shows I went to, that religious type experience was missing for me. The show was too orchestrated/synchronized for my liking. Every "dance" step was the same as the prior show, every word spoken, every little look by Bruce, every come on down Jake, join me Steven--they were all identical. Literally zero spontaneity. Having said that, the music was great and I really did enjoy it. It just lacked that "magic" for me that I used to feel at a Bruce show. And finally, the 3 stooges bit during Rosalita is so cringe worthy and exactly the same every show as well. Anyway, would I see him again, yes, but to me it's now much more like seeing a broadway show than a rock concert. But hey, that's just me.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 27, 2023 19:39

keefmick
I have been debating posting this for awhile now because I truly love Bruce. I have been to approximately 20-30 shows and always in the pit. Every show I have left I felt like I had been to a rock concert bordering on a religious experience. I couldn't wait until the next show. On this tour, while I loved the few shows I went to, that religious type experience was missing for me. The show was too orchestrated/synchronized for my liking. Every "dance" step was the same as the prior show, every word spoken, every little look by Bruce, every come on down Jake, join me Steven--they were all identical. Literally zero spontaneity. Having said that, the music was great and I really did enjoy it. It just lacked that "magic" for me that I used to feel at a Bruce show. And finally, the 3 stooges bit during Rosalita is so cringe worthy and exactly the same every show as well. Anyway, would I see him again, yes, but to me it's now much more like seeing a broadway show than a rock concert. But hey, that's just me.

Agreed to a certain extent. It used to be rock & roll church especially pre Born in the USA. After that, he's been hit or miss for me. I got lucky & saw an amazing show in 2016. This time I know what you mean. It was too mega with all the horns & singers. I prefer the more stripped down E Street & even that is a huge band in itself. I don't know if I'd cough up the big bucks to see him again. That being said, I did enjoy the show in February.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: May 28, 2023 03:11

crholmstrom
keefmick

Agreed to a certain extent. It used to be rock & roll church especially pre Born in the USA. After that, he's been hit or miss for me. I got lucky & saw an amazing show in 2016. This time I know what you mean. It was too mega with all the horns & singers. I prefer the more stripped down E Street & even that is a huge band in itself. I don't know if I'd cough up the big bucks to see him again. That being said, I did enjoy the show in February.

The show I saw on the Born in the USA tour in ‘84 is still the greatest concert I’ve seen to date by anyone. And I thought all the shows I saw on the 2016 tour were all fantastic! And this tour reminds me of the US leg of the Tunnel tour, very few changes in set the set list but still great shows! Glad you enjoyed the show in February..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2023 03:29

keefmick
...the 3 stooges bit during Rosalita is so cringe worthy and exactly the same every show as well.

Too bad as it's one of his better tunes. Very cringeworthy.
Imagine the Stones doing something phony and rehearsed like this at every show. Keith, Mick, and Ronnie as the Three Stooges...God forbid.....

Date: May 28, 2023 10:30

Amsterdam #2 looking very much like Dublin #2/Paris #2.

Ramrod was an audible.

Start time - 7:29pm End time - 10:23

Setlist -

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
2. Death To My Hometown
3. No Surrender
4. Ghosts
5. Prove It All Night
6. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
7. Letter To You
8. The Promised Land
9. Out In The Street
10. Kitty's Back
11. Nightshift
12. Mary's Place
13. E Street Shuffle
14. Last Man Standing
15. Backstreets
16. Because The Night
17. She's The One
18. Wrecking Ball
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Thunder Road
22. Born In The USA
23. Born To Run
24. Bobby Jean
25. Glory Days
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. 10th Avenue Freeze Out
28. Ramrod
29. I'll See You In My Dreams

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2023 11:11

Hope he is ok:

[twitter.com]

Date: May 28, 2023 11:51

Cringeworthy.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 28, 2023 12:04

Ouch! He shouldn't be performing at 73. Go play with your grandkids or something.

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-28 12:11 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 28, 2023 12:50

NilsHolgersson
Ouch! He shouldn't be performing at 73. Go play with your grandkids or something.

[twitter.com]

Why are you even here?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 28, 2023 14:49

Bruce doing a Keith impersonating

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2023 21:34

NilsHolgersson

[twitter.com]

Maybe this is also a phony rehearsed part of his act and meant to be funny?

Date: May 28, 2023 21:40

Yes. He does that every show.

It's called hitting the fall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-28 21:41 by Topi.

Date: May 28, 2023 21:52

About 80 people in line for the Edinburgh show as of this afternoon.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: May 30, 2023 12:02

Beautiful day here in Scotland.
Looking forward to seeing The Boss at Murrayfield tonight.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 30, 2023 12:53

Christiaan
Bruce doing a Keith impersonating
There's something about the telecaster... Glad he's fine!

Date: May 31, 2023 07:26

Three hours in Edinburgh

Start time ~ 6:57pm End time ~ 9:57pm

Setlist -

1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove It All Night
4. Death To My Hometown
5. Letter To You
6. The Promised Land
7. Out In The Street
8. Candy's Room
9. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
10. Kitty's back
11. Nightshift
12. Mary's Place
13. E Street Shuffle
14. Johnny 99
15. Last Man Standing
16. Backstreets
17. Because The Night
18. She's The One
19. Wrecking Ball
20. The Rising
21. Badlands
22. Thunder Road
23. Born In The USA
24. Born To Run
25. Bobby Jean
26. Glory Days
27. Dancing In The Dark
28. 10th Avenue Freeze Out
29. I'll See You In My Dreams

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 31, 2023 10:33

Saw Bruce’s Edinburgh show yesterday. This is my sixth Bruce show since 1985, of which five are post-2012.

Was it good? Yes.
Did I enjoy it throughly without reservation from the bottom of my heart like I used to do at his previous concerts I attended? No, unfortunately.

That BS bs surrounding the ticket sale fiasco/dynamic pricing controversy was tagging along behind my mind, disrupting the enjoyment from time to time while the show was going on.

I’m not so naive as to turn away from and not to acknowledge the fact that Bruce is, after all, a rich and famous rock star, in that he is no different than any other rock aristocrats like Mick, Macca et al.

But the tickets of his concert were reasonably priced, at least, up to the previous large scale tour, the 2016 River revisited tour, and that served as the last credibility of Bruce’s ‘people’s rocker’ tag for me, as it were.

Now, that credential is smeared on me. Whenever I think of Bruce, that somewhat old fashioned, hippie-type remark, “phony”, creeps into my mind, something I didn’t want to throw at him, as I liked him and his music even if I wasn’t a dedicated fan.

I have a ticket of his forthcoming Birmingham show, a similar bottom of the price category, nosebleed seat as the Edinburgh one, that I snatched up on the first day of the release before the dynamic pricing kicked in and raised its ugly head. With my Edinburgh experience being as such, however, I’m not so sure if I can enjoy it.

Date: May 31, 2023 10:46

Interesting that on the European leg of the tour it was only these two shows: Edinburgh and Birmingham, where the dynamic/platinum pricing was at its highest.

Platinum tickets were sold for a few other shows as well (such as Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Hamburg, Munich), but I don't think they were quite as expensive as the Edinburgh and Birmingham ones. And there was less fluctuation.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-31 11:25 by Topi.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: May 31, 2023 15:43

Bruce was fantastic in Edinburgh last night. Great set list in my opinion - 29 songs and The Boss was onstage for every minute of a 3 hour show.
Not holding back when it came to the vocals either. Quite emotional during spoken intro to Last Man Standing. Excellent sound at Murrayfield stadium. And finally - fantastic earrings on Steve Van Zandt!

Sun was shining and my section of the crowd - on pitch GA - was great. Enthusiastic, without being too drunken or rowdy which can sometimes be a problem at Scottish gigs! Heard lots of northern English accents so I guess they preferred a trip to Edinburgh rather than Birmingham or London (or maybe as well as)...)

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: May 31, 2023 16:42

Just got tickets for Dusseldorf!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 31, 2023 17:24

keefmick

Well, him falling down in Amsterdam was not orchestrated I suppose. Took two men to get him back on his feet.

- Doxa

Date: May 31, 2023 18:12

I bet his bodyguard Tony could have picked Bruce up just by himself.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 10, 2023 08:02

Today Springsteen's DC Nationals Park Monday Aug. 28 show got postponed a month, to Friday September 29. No word on why.

Unless there are more changes this will make DC the last show of the Eastern half of the U.S. stadium leg. Then there's a break until Nov 3, when Canada gets 8 concerts in enclosed stadiums or arenas. Followed by 5 shows on the U.S west coast and west, which will finish off the long year of touring.

When the tickets for the DC stadium concert went on sale for the originally scheduled date I didn't get a Verified Fan invite, and settled for a field seat, no standard price pit ("general admission") tix being left.

I just now bought Sep. 29 concert pit for the standard price: $370 including fees. I'll get a refund on my field seat, which had also been $370. This will be my 7th Springsteen concert, going back to 1978, and will be my first time in the pit for one.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: June 12, 2023 09:57

Very ordinary setlist last night in Landgraaf.

Start Time 7:30 pm local

01. No Surrender
02. Ghosts
03. Prove It All Night
04. Letter To You
05. The Promised Land
06. Out In The Street
07. Candy's Room
08. Kitty's Back
09. Nightshift
10. Mary's Place
11. E Street Shuffle
12. Johnny 99
13. Last Man Standing
14. Backstreets
15. Because The Night
16. She's The One
17. Wrecking Ball
18. The Rising
19. Badlands
20. Thunder Road

Encore:
21. Born In The U.S.A.
22. Born To Run
23. Bobby Jean
24. Glory Days
25. Dancing In The Dark
27. I’ll See You In My Dreams

End Time 10:25 pm local

Did anybody go? How was it?

Date: June 12, 2023 17:46

Topi
Very ordinary setlist last night in Landgraaf.

Start Time 7:30 pm local

01. No Surrender
02. Ghosts
03. Prove It All Night
04. Letter To You
05. The Promised Land
06. Out In The Street
07. Candy's Room
08. Kitty's Back
09. Nightshift
10. Mary's Place
11. E Street Shuffle
12. Johnny 99
13. Last Man Standing
14. Backstreets
15. Because The Night
16. She's The One
17. Wrecking Ball
18. The Rising
19. Badlands
20. Thunder Road

Encore:
21. Born In The U.S.A.
22. Born To Run
23. Bobby Jean
24. Glory Days
25. Dancing In The Dark
27. I’ll See You In My Dreams

End Time 10:25 pm local

Did anybody go? How was it?

A least one Dutch tour premiere “Candy’s Room” which wasn’t played in Amsterdam

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home