Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 26, 2023 19:34

Thanks for the YouTube link. It’s a great view, showing (in addition to the music and audience) the mechanics of how the show is put together onstage.

We can see the placement of the teleprompters in the front, on the floor, and for the keyboards, and what appears to be the screens with the music charts for the horns.

I can’t tell if the teleprompters have the chords and the stage directions, but they reportedly have the not-quite-impromptu talks that Bruce gives during the show.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 27, 2023 01:57

I just paid $50 for parking tomorrow night. It's a block from the arena. It's been snowing here & I wasn't up for a long hike. I'll be tired after a Bruce show. Parking is insane clsoe to the arena. I probably could've paid more easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-27 01:58 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 27, 2023 20:02

MizzAmandaJonez
[youtu.be]

Here’s the encore, minus the final song. I’ll add a few more to my YouTube channel later today.

CHELSKEITH

What great perspective, I love seeing the backstage view, look how happy those concert goers are!
Thanks for sharing

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2023 09:54

"Trapped" played in Seattle.

1 No Surrender
2 Ghosts
3 Prove It All Night
4 Letter To You
5 The Promised Land
6 Out In The Street
7 Candy's Room
8 Kitty's Back
9 TRAPPED
10 Burnin' Train
11 Johnny 99
12 The E Street Shuffle
13 Last Man Standing
14 Backstreets
15 Because The Night
16 She's The One
17 Wrecking Ball
18 The Rising
19 Badlands
20 LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

21 Thunder Road
22 Born To Run
23 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
24 Glory Days
25 Dancing In The Dark
26 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27 I'll See You In My Dreams

End 10:32 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-28 09:56 by Topi.

Date: February 28, 2023 10:08

Topi
"Trapped" played in Seattle.

1 No Surrender
2 Ghosts
3 Prove It All Night
4 Letter To You
5 The Promised Land
6 Out In The Street
7 Candy's Room
8 Kitty's Back
9 TRAPPED
10 Burnin' Train
11 Johnny 99
12 The E Street Shuffle
13 Last Man Standing
14 Backstreets
15 Because The Night
16 She's The One
17 Wrecking Ball
18 The Rising
19 Badlands
20 LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

21 Thunder Road
22 Born To Run
23 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
24 Glory Days
25 Dancing In The Dark
26 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27 I'll See You In My Dreams

End 10:32 pm

Just got home driving through snow storm. Trapped was worth the price of admission. Land of Hope & Dreams was nice, too. I managed to get upgraded seating for free. I bought ADA tickets & when I got there they weren't ADA. So I found some help & they found me some seats where I wouldn't have to stand. I started out behind the stage & ended up on the side toward the back. They were much better seats. I'll write more later. I need to calm down & get some sleep. When he started playing Trapped I said "holy sh*t!" >grinning smiley< PS: show was 2 hours 45 minutes on the button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-28 10:19 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 28, 2023 15:56

I didn’t sign up as wasn’t sure if I was going. Then I forgot about the time it went by so fast. Guess I will have to check the arenas box office maybe on day of show tickets might be released. I don’t want to pay a lot for scalpers . Last time I saw Bruce was 2012 here. Even if I go I’m not forking out $60 for a shirt.

Date: February 28, 2023 18:00

babyblue
I didn’t sign up as wasn’t sure if I was going. Then I forgot about the time it went by so fast. Guess I will have to check the arenas box office maybe on day of show tickets might be released. I don’t want to pay a lot for scalpers . Last time I saw Bruce was 2012 here. Even if I go I’m not forking out $60 for a shirt.

Hard pass on the $50 shirts. The only time I spent that for a shirt was the Stones/Seahawks shirt. That one was special.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 28, 2023 18:05

crholmstrom
babyblue

Hard pass on the $50 shirts. The only time I spent that for a shirt was the Stones/Seahawks shirt. That one was special.

Yeah. I love my Stones/Titans shirt.

Date: February 28, 2023 18:07

babyblue

As I have said before on this thread, keep checking back for ticket drops on TM/whoever is the official vendor. Almost every show so far has seen face value tickets drop. Often long before show day.

Good luck!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-28 18:15 by Topi.

Date: February 28, 2023 20:56

Topi
babyblue

As I have said before on this thread, keep checking back for ticket drops on TM/whoever is the official vendor. Almost every show so far has seen face value tickets drop. Often long before show day.

Good luck!

Thanks Topi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 28, 2023 21:27

babyblue
Topi
babyblue

Good luck!

Thanks Topi

I've been checking Ticketmaster every day for the Vancouver show, pretty much all resales. As far as Tshirt prices, The Killers had shirts for $50 and it was only their logo on the front, like a generic rock t shirt you see at Walmart.

Date: February 28, 2023 22:16

Vancouver is still a long ways to go. What, 8 months? Drops will happen later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-28 22:17 by Topi.

Date: February 28, 2023 23:59

DGA35
babyblue
Topi
babyblue

Good luck!

Thanks Topi

I've been checking Ticketmaster every day for the Vancouver show, pretty much all resales. As far as Tshirt prices, The Killers had shirts for $50 and it was only their logo on the front, like a generic rock t shirt you see at Walmart.

When I was in Denver 2019 got nice boot shirt, it’s still in great condition and was 1/2 price as official ones.

Date: March 4, 2023 01:55

I just listened to the tape of the Seattle show & it's phenomenal. I think that show was about as good you're going to get these days. If that's my last Bruce show (probably is) I'm good with it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 4, 2023 07:46

I just sold my Boston tickets via the Ticketmaster site. I love Bruce, have seen his excellent arena show before, but felt the need to sell my tickets for a couple reasons, but mostly buyer's remorse. Here's my brief story about the evils of TM.

So I was able to score my Loge level very good seats to the Boston show through the verified fan lottery. A good friend and bandmate of mine also bought his tickets that day, but was further back "in line" as tickets were selling during the verified fan presale. Now recall that Bruce tix historically are not overpriced, so neither of us was expecting the high prices, but as my tickets came up, I went for them anyway. More $$ than any Stones tickets I've ever bought, or any tickets to any show by anyone, for that matter. $325ea. You may know that at the Garden, "Loge" is great--- but still not floor. So $325 per ticket was shocking for me. But I bought them anyway. The upper 300 level tickets, when I bought my Loge seats, were going for $85. However, by the time my friend got in to purchase his tickets, TM's algorithm had placed those same upper 300 level tickets at over $300ea also. How evil is that?

But that's not where it ends. I sold my Loge tickets last week. Ticketmaster was suggesting I sell them for a MINIMUM of $825 EACH, as they claimed that was the "value" of those tickets. If I chose the "sell now" option, that was the price they would go for, and I would receive significantly less than my $650 + fees I paid for my 2 tickets. So I checked out the options for listing them at my own price. For the heck of it, I tried listing them at $325ea., what I paid. That would yield me less than half of what I paid. So I kept upping the price until the payback came within $5 of my total cost with fees. I ended up listing the tickets at $765ea., which yielded me almost exactly what I spent, including fees, on the original tickets. An hour later, TM emailed me and told me my tickets sold, and they would be depositing my $$ within a few days, which they did.

So see what TM is doing? They actively encourage you to sell your ticket, so they can then sell it for more than twice its original value, pay you half that, and rake in double the profits, or more, if you set your price higher. So some poor soul (not likely poor, actually) bought my $325 tickets for $765, through Ticketmaster!! Ticketmaster scalped their own tickets.

The clips of the shows I've seen on YouTube look amazing. I'm sad I'm not going, but the show is on a Monday night, Boston is three hours away and I'm a teacher, and I ended up spending money to see Wilco in Iceland in April instead, so selling the Bruce tix had to happen. Mind you, I will be seeing Wilco THREE TIMES for less than the price of one Bruce Springsteen ticket (not including airfare and hotel, of course, but my wife and I are calling this our 20th anniversary trip, so it's also a vacation for us).

Please enjoy the Bruce shows for me, those of you who are going, and I hope you did not get screwed too badly by TM. Maybe it will be worth it-- Maybe you live closer to the venue and don't have to teach the next day! But... I may be done for good with the big arena shows. I'm 50, have been to my fair share of big, loud concerts, and hate Ticketmaster with a seething passion. Maybe I can justify one more Stones show? ;^) We will see.

Date: March 4, 2023 08:19

Yes, scalping their own tickets - that's exactly what they are doing. Both with the Platinum pricing and the "Verified Resale".

Date: March 4, 2023 13:37

Topi
Yes, scalping their own tickets - that's exactly what they are doing. Both with the Platinum pricing and the "Verified Resale".

Here's hoping Congress is useful in this instance. The whole thing has a really bad smell. I knew when they started scalping their own product it wasn't going to be good for the consumer. LiveNation controls the whole chain & their main concern is the stock price. Unlike most people I ended up doing ok with my tickets. I paid $250 for a pair of ADA tickets behind the stage. When I got there the seats were not ADA compliant. I complained to the venue & they reseated me in seats that were probably $600 for the pair at no charge. I was able to sit & enjoy the show which I wouldn't have been able to do in the original seats. I would've had to stand for the show which I physically can't do now. Mostly I avoid (there are exceptions) the arena & stadium shows. Theater & club shows are more my speed these days.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 4, 2023 13:58

Topi

well, nowadays capitalism is less about selling stuff nor about having a monopoly but about owning markets. I the cases like amazon, ebay and TM we see what this means

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: March 4, 2023 23:59

Tate
I just sold my Boston tickets via the Ticketmaster site. I love Bruce, have seen his excellent arena show before, but felt the need to sell my tickets for a couple reasons, but mostly buyer's remorse. Here's my brief story about the evils of TM.

So I was able to score my Loge level very good seats to the Boston show through the verified fan lottery. A good friend and bandmate of mine also bought his tickets that day, but was further back "in line" as tickets were selling during the verified fan presale. Now recall that Bruce tix historically are not overpriced, so neither of us was expecting the high prices, but as my tickets came up, I went for them anyway. More $$ than any Stones tickets I've ever bought, or any tickets to any show by anyone, for that matter. $325ea. You may know that at the Garden, "Loge" is great--- but still not floor. So $325 per ticket was shocking for me. But I bought them anyway. The upper 300 level tickets, when I bought my Loge seats, were going for $85. However, by the time my friend got in to purchase his tickets, TM's algorithm had placed those same upper 300 level tickets at over $300ea also. How evil is that?

But that's not where it ends. I sold my Loge tickets last week. Ticketmaster was suggesting I sell them for a MINIMUM of $825 EACH, as they claimed that was the "value" of those tickets. If I chose the "sell now" option, that was the price they would go for, and I would receive significantly less than my $650 + fees I paid for my 2 tickets. So I checked out the options for listing them at my own price. For the heck of it, I tried listing them at $325ea., what I paid. That would yield me less than half of what I paid. So I kept upping the price until the payback came within $5 of my total cost with fees. I ended up listing the tickets at $765ea., which yielded me almost exactly what I spent, including fees, on the original tickets. An hour later, TM emailed me and told me my tickets sold, and they would be depositing my $$ within a few days, which they did.

So see what TM is doing? They actively encourage you to sell your ticket, so they can then sell it for more than twice its original value, pay you half that, and rake in double the profits, or more, if you set your price higher. So some poor soul (not likely poor, actually) bought my $325 tickets for $765, through Ticketmaster!! Ticketmaster scalped their own tickets.

The clips of the shows I've seen on YouTube look amazing. I'm sad I'm not going, but the show is on a Monday night, Boston is three hours away and I'm a teacher, and I ended up spending money to see Wilco in Iceland in April instead, so selling the Bruce tix had to happen. Mind you, I will be seeing Wilco THREE TIMES for less than the price of one Bruce Springsteen ticket (not including airfare and hotel, of course, but my wife and I are calling this our 20th anniversary trip, so it's also a vacation for us).

Please enjoy the Bruce shows for me, those of you who are going, and I hope you did not get screwed too badly by TM. Maybe it will be worth it-- Maybe you live closer to the venue and don't have to teach the next day! But... I may be done for good with the big arena shows. I'm 50, have been to my fair share of big, loud concerts, and hate Ticketmaster with a seething passion. Maybe I can justify one more Stones show? ;^) We will see.

I'm now going to both Springsteen concerts in DC. I've been a fan since age 20, 1975; but also never been a hardcore concert goer... until I retired in 2018, anyway. I've seen Springsteen only 5 times, unlike the vast majority of fans on the BTX forum.

I was indeed pissed, like many others, in the July On-sale for this month's DC arena show. First, I got to Checkout 3 times with a Pit tic in my cart, was checking out FAST, but all 3 times got mugged before TM would complete the sale. Then I was unhappy that the a Floor Sec. 1 last row seat I did make it though Checkout with was $524 ($400 + $124 fees). But I'm still going March 27th. Again, I haven't been to 20, 40, 60 of his shows like the longterm hardcore folks have.

For the DC stadium sale four days ago I wasn't chosen as a Verified Fan so of course all the std price Pit tix were gone. I picked up a Field Sec. 2 tic Row 26 of 32, for standard price, $370 ($300 + $70 fees). It was the last standard price seat still showing in Section 2, in fact.

If I found a pair of good lower stand seats for a good price, after buying my Field seat I was considering selling that and buying a pair to take along someone else. But that searching proved pretty fruitless; the better priced pairs of std price seats were already too far up in the stands.

Since I'd been toying with Verified Reselling my Field seat on TM, though, I was wondering what sized chunk of the price TM would have taken for itself. So the above was interesting.

Do you mind translating your various prices/costs stated above into prices including fees?

IMO on forums everyone should always give total prices including fees... their real costs. But of course that will never happen.

I will add that Springsteen 2023 DC stadium standard price Pit tix still were "only" $300 before fees, probably like my Field seat about $370 total. Which is much less than Stones 2019 DC stadium standard price Pit tix of $499 or $500(?) before fees, $623 total, or 2021 Nashville standard price Pit tix of $496 before fees, $550 total.

The problem being, of course, whether either Springsteen or the Stones, getting those stadium Pits at standard price to begin with. That said, four days ago while shopping even a still-available Platinum Springsteen Pit tic in DC was $591 total... which was still less than my 2019 $623 standard price Stones DC Pit tic had been.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 6, 2023 01:51

I strongly encourage you NOT to order from Nugs.net.

Delays, NO customer service, etc.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: March 7, 2023 00:39

Elmo Lewis
I strongly encourage you NOT to order from Nugs.net.

Delays, NO customer service, etc.

Bought 1978 Berkeley, 1978 Atlanta, a 1984 E. Rutherford, 1992 E. Rutherford, and 2008 Nashville concerts as cd sets a couple of months ago and had no problems. It wasn't especially speedy but I wasn't in a hurry.

And am still enjoying the almost 4 hour 2016 Virginia Beach concert I saw and bought afterwards back then.

I can understand if they're in a crunch right now putting the brand new arena shows out fast enough to keep up with the orders.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: March 8, 2023 12:03

Milwaukee setlist:

1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove It
4. Letter To You
5. Promised Land
6. Candy's Room
7. Kitty's Back
8. Nightshift
9. PAY ME My MONEY DOWN
10. Burning Train
11. DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN
12. E Street Shuffle
13. Last Man Standing
14. Backstreets
15. Because the Night
16. She's the One
17. Wrecking Ball
18. The Rising
19. Badlands

20. Land of Hope and Dreams
21. Thunder Road
22. Born to Run
23. Rosalita
24. Glory Days
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. 10th Avenue
27. I'll See You In My Dreams

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: March 8, 2023 15:48

Interesting that the price of tickets keep coming down on StubHub: $220 to $130 in about three weeks (upper deck, Wrigley Field).

Date: March 8, 2023 16:00

What was the face value for upper deck at Wrigley Field? Less than a hundred?

Date: March 8, 2023 17:01

I hear the internet police are out on the soundboard recordings for the tour.

Date: March 8, 2023 18:52

Topi
What was the face value for upper deck at Wrigley Field? Less than a hundred?

I was going through the Wrigley Field page, and they were all high, $300+.

Date: March 8, 2023 19:09

That's gotta be dynamic pricing talking. No way uppers for a stadium show are north of 300 face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-08 19:09 by Topi.

Date: March 8, 2023 19:16

Wrigley Field pricing as per a couple of quotes on BTX:

"I just tried to get tickets for Wrigley in a presale for neighbors only. No GAs were offered, so no idea on the price. Seats on field were $249-$319 before fees. Tickets in lower stands were $169. Cheapest tix were $49.50, but when I went back and looked, they were up to $69.50."

"For those still wondering, non-platinum tickets range from $49-$320. PIT is $299. Platinum tickets range from like $625-$1600. All of this is before fees."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-08 19:19 by Topi.

Date: March 8, 2023 21:09

Topi
That's gotta be dynamic pricing talking. No way uppers for a stadium show are north of 300 face.

Yes, that's what I thought. I held off and checked StubHub, and I'm glad I did.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 9, 2023 00:43

I watched the tickets closely for 10 days before Portland and there were a lot of tickets and the prices didn’t come down until the day of the show, and then the pit went from several thousand to 450 bucks, and Ticketmaster dropped some seats that were nice at face value behind stage, but with a great view, as you can see from this video link below, and I can’t believe it has gotten almost 90,000 hits since I posted it a week ago.

I then watched the tickets in Seattle and there weren’t many for sale and the price never dropped, I think the key is when there are a lot of tickets available in the resell market then there’s a good chance you can get good prices a couple hours to right up to showtime. Kind of a hassle because you don’t know if you’re gonna get in, unless you’re willing to pay a higher price, but it worked for us, and I’ve done it many times for many different events like this.

Ironically, the best site to watch tickets on, turned out to be Ticketmaster, the new scalper in town.

[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home