Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:51

bam
I’ve sat behind the stage and watched the teleprompters. He has the words and chords on the screens in front of him.

From behind the stage, you can also see the next song before it starts - and tell when there’s an audible. On his tours where he took requests from audience signs, he’d hold up the sign and spin around with it. His computer guy would quickly pull up the song and put it on the teleprompter. The band could see the words and the chords, yet pretend to the audience that they were all doing it from memory.

That's showbiz!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 16, 2023 16:08

crholmstrom
bam
I’ve sat behind the stage and watched the teleprompters. He has the words and chords on the screens in front of him.

From behind the stage, you can also see the next song before it starts - and tell when there’s an audible. On his tours where he took requests from audience signs, he’d hold up the sign and spin around with it. His computer guy would quickly pull up the song and put it on the teleprompter. The band could see the words and the chords, yet pretend to the audience that they were all doing it from memory.

That's showbiz!

Not different with the Stones. Though I'm not sure they also have the chords on there

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 17:02

Mabru
dnewton99
Had to sell my ticket for Houston last minute yesterday due to illness in family.. person getting better but missed the concert. No real regrets because I could not have been in right mind to focus on it do you folks on this thread know if there is an iorr equivalent for fan discussion for Bruce or by each concert? haven't bumped into it yet.

Donna - in Houston.

You can join Greasy Lake. A great Springsteen forum
[the-circuit.greasylake.org]

Thanks so much!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2023 17:23

StonedRambler
crholmstrom
bam

That's showbiz!

Not different with the Stones. Though I'm not sure they also have the chords on there

except that they don't take requests from the audience…

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 16, 2023 19:25

Crackinup
I attended the Houston show last might. No Nils as mentioned, but Bruce and Steve adequately covered the guitar parts. First surprise was opening with 'Night', moving 'No Surrender' to 2nd song. The other surprise was 'If I was a Priest', which was magical. Great guitar solo by Steve at the end, but I would have loved to hear the harmonica from the studio version. You could tell who the die hard fans were because they all said 'Oh my god' as the song began. His tribute to his old bandmate before 'Last Man Standing' was quite touching and you could have heard a pin drop in the arena.

I'm not sure why, but the two soul covers just don't work for me. He's trying hard, with all the horn players and backup singers at the front of the stage like a revival. During those songs I started thinking about the Stones Licks tour, especially the club shows where they played 3-4 soul/dance songs. They switch between genres so effortlessly and they make it look so damn easy you take for granted how truly great they are.

Regardless, I would gladly see Bruce in concert again tomorrow. Those same horn players and backup singers make songs like 'Johnny 99'blow the top off the arena. His shows are one of a kind.

I attended the Houston show as well. Good summary.

I was happy to travel from LA to get a Bruce/E Street fix after almost 11 years (I missed the 2016 tour). Bruce and his band look like they are starting to work the kinks out and get some momentum. Looking forward to seeing some more shows in summer/fall.

Found this link to the Houston Chronicle review on the BTX board…good piece:

[preview.houstonchronicle.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2023 05:41

No Jake in Austin (covid)

Nils is back.

Show just ended. 27 songs tonight for 2 hrs 45 minutes.

Setlist:

1 No Surrender
2 Ghosts
3 Prove It All Night
4 Letter To You
5 The Promised Land
6 Out In The Street
7 Candy's Room
8 Kitty's Back
9 Nightshift
10 If I Was The Priest
11 The E Street Shuffle
12 Johnny 99
13 Last Man Standing
14 Backstreets
15 Because The Night
16 She's The One
17 Wrecking Ball
18 The Rising
19 Badlands
20 Thunder Road

21 CADILLAC RANCH
22 Born To Run
23 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
24 Glory Days
25 Dancing In The Dark
26 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27 I'll See You In My Dreams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 20:11 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 17:47

^ I'm just curious if there were only 20 songs played last night, since 7 of them are repeated above???

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 17, 2023 17:51

Topi
No Jake in Austin (covid)

Nils is back.

Covid seems to go round in the band. I wonder how long it'll take until Springsteen gets it

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: February 17, 2023 17:51

@ VoodooLounge13

27 songs last night

[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 17:52 by superglen.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 17, 2023 18:11

Pro-shot Austin clip from KVUE, including George Strait's introduction:

Date: February 17, 2023 19:52

VoodooLounge13
^ I'm just curious if there were only 20 songs played last night, since 7 of them are repeated above???

27 songs, 20 in basic set, 7 song encore.

(Assume Topi was cutting and pasting and added some duplicates…)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 17, 2023 19:58

jmd
VoodooLounge13

2 hours 45 minutes with 27-28 songs seems to be the norm so far this tour.

Date: February 17, 2023 20:10

Yeah, sorry, my bad on the setlist.

Corrected now.

Date: February 18, 2023 12:11

Tulsa tickets as low as 3 bucks!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 18, 2023 14:48

Topi
Tulsa tickets as low as 3 bucks!

Is it sold out? Pearl Jam sold out in Nashville almost immediately but Tulsa had plenty of face value tickets up until the day of the show. Can’t imagine that bands will keep playing there due to the poor sales. Wish I still lived in Oklahoma in instances like these.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: February 18, 2023 15:01

Tulsa show is far from a sell out.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Tanking Tulsa Date Shows Springsteen Using Floor Pricing on Tour

by Dave Clark
February 16, 2023

[www.ticketnews.com]

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: February 18, 2023 18:48

crholmstrom
jmd
VoodooLounge13

2 hours 45 minutes with 27-28 songs seems to be the norm so far this tour.

the current second to last show had 28 songs and ran 2 hours, 55 minutes

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2023 20:10

bye bye johnny

[www.ticketmaster.com]

by Dave Clark
February 16, 2023

[www.ticketnews.com]

"That Springsteen’s tour dates have now been caught inflating prices at both moments of high demand
(the previously mentioned surge pricing during the initial onsale period) and low demand (here in Tulsa)
is obviously another potential major black eye for The Boss, whose own fans have shown furious anger
over feelings that they are being treated like cash registers by the band".

Wonder how the Boss and/or his spokesperson will address this latest fiasco. Will they try to defend the scam..."everyone does it".
Or act naive and ignorant..."everyone does it".Or say it's out of their hands..."blame ticketmaster". I guess all those answers could be right, but it's not a good look

Date: February 18, 2023 20:44

Why should Bruce Inc. say anything? They already got paid. The resale market is none of their business.

Ticketmaster alone pockets the fees for Ticketmaster resales, AFAIK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 20:48 by Topi.

Date: February 18, 2023 20:47

As the article says "another potential major black eye for The Boss"...
Maybe they'll issue a statement distancing themselves from the controversy to avoid another major black eye.

Date: February 18, 2023 20:51

They're not gonna say anything. The promoter assumes the risk if a show is a bad seller, like Tulsa obviously is.

Individual resellers/brokers take the loss if they cannot sell their tickets. So TM sets a floor price? You can still use another secondary site to try and sell your ticket and at least get something for it.

Either way, Bruce is on a guarantee, he's fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 20:57 by Topi.

Date: February 18, 2023 20:59

Sure the Boss might be fine, but some of his fans who aren't fully aware of the ins and outs of the ticket selling machinery might feel differently about it all - like they're being scammed again.
As article states: "another potential major black eye for The Boss, whose own fans have shown furious anger over feelings that they are being treated like cash registers by the band"

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 18, 2023 21:03

bye bye johnny

[www.ticketmaster.com]

by Dave Clark
February 16, 2023

[www.ticketnews.com]

These are unsold resale tickets. They were already purchased once at full retail price.

There were 2 slow selling shows that I am aware of, Tulsa and Houston.

It seems to me a lot of amateurs drank the $5000 tickets Kool Aid and went looking for leftovers and all they could get was Houston and Tulsa. $6 tickets are not all that uncommon in the resale market. I regularly go looking for them locally in case I want something to do. I will go to any concert for $6. It's also why I have always been in favor of unrestricted resale. If someone pays $1000 for a sold out show? Not my problem.

From what I know about the BOK Center in Tulsa, unless it's a top tier COUNTRY act you do not want to buy tickets for resale. It's a massive venue in a B market. Previous arena held 8,000 and also often didn't sell out.

Same thing happened at U2 in 2018. Not sure if it bottomed out but most likely in the $20-30 range.

Would also go far enough to say the promoter isn't losing money on Tulsa either. If they weren't expecting a 100% full house the guarantee could be structured for like x amount for 15,000 tickets and bonuses over that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 21:12 by Dan.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 18, 2023 21:18

Bruce has always had trouble selling many markets. He’s strong along the east coast and the northern Midwest. He’s not as strong in the west.

He routinely sells out stadiums in Europe. He can only do that in the US in some eastern and midwestern cities.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 21:42

bam
Bruce has always had trouble selling many markets. He’s strong along the east coast and the northern Midwest. He’s not as strong in the west.

He routinely sells out stadiums in Europe. He can only do that in the US in some eastern and midwestern cities.

One small caveat there.

California is outstanding for Bruce.

He does extremely well in greater LA and SF.

Outside of California, I’d agree with you.

Northeast (NY, NJ, Boston, CT, DC, Philly), Up State New York, California, St Paul, Chicago, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Detroit are all great markets for him.

Also typically does well in Atlanta, Florida, and North Carolina.

Basically the East Coast, California, and the Rust Belt (along with St Paul).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 21:44 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: February 18, 2023 21:42

Dan
bye bye johnny

[www.ticketmaster.com]

by Dave Clark
February 16, 2023

[www.ticketnews.com]

These are unsold resale tickets. They were already purchased once at full retail price.

Not true. There are many as-yet-unsold "Standard Admission" tickets along with "Verified Resale" tickets. Most of the unsold tickets are behind/side stage.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 18, 2023 21:53

Bruce has only booked arenas in California this tour.

Date: February 18, 2023 21:54

Hairball
Sure the Boss might be fine, but some of his fans who aren't fully aware of the ins and outs of the ticket selling machinery might feel differently about it all - like they're being scammed again.

If some fans can't tell a resale ticket from a box office face value ticket, let alone a dynamically priced "Platinum" ticket, it's on them. It's not that hard.

(I really don't see how resales would be a "scam". Doesn't take much Googling to see you can get in the door in Tulsa for basically free. And again, if you're the one holding tickets for resale, you are free to take your business anywhere else, you don't have to do it thru TM.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 22:17 by Topi.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: February 18, 2023 22:12

bam
Bruce has only booked arenas in California this tour.

I’m pretty sure that’s nothing new there. I believe the last time they played outdoors in Ca. was The Rising tour in ‘03 with two shows. They usually do arenas.

Date: February 18, 2023 22:46

bye bye johnny
Dan
bye bye johnny

[www.ticketmaster.com]

by Dave Clark
February 16, 2023

[www.ticketnews.com]

Not true. There are many as-yet-unsold "Standard Admission" tickets along with "Verified Resale" tickets. Most of the unsold tickets are behind/side stage.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

I counted 50-75 “blue dots” on floors and lower level, which I assume are Bruce Inc./promoter holds that were dropped, and a couple dozen lower level sides. Didn’t count the rear stage ”blue dots” but looked like maybe 200-300 or so. (Obviously, you don’t know whether promoter has released entire inventory of unsold seats on TM.) Is that “many”? Beats me…

Moral of the story may be that selling tickets for a show on a Tuesday night in Tulsa may be a slog…And probably not a good idea for the amateur ticket scalpers to dive in with rear stage seats and buck that trend. But, sure, it’s all Springsteen’s fault.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home