Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 14, 2023 21:30

Verified Fan is also a way to limit traffic on the website vs. a free-for-all.

Date: February 14, 2023 21:33

BTW, guarantee you nobody actually paid 5 grand for Springsteen either. Of course it makes for a good headline.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 14, 2023 22:12

Topi
BTW, guarantee you nobody actually paid 5 grand for Springsteen either. Of course it makes for a good headline.

I once accidentally listed a Foreigner ticket for 5 grand. It didn't make the news that I am aware of. Nobody bought it at that price either.

Date: February 14, 2023 22:14

Hearing stadium GA pit is gonna be 285 + fees

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: February 14, 2023 22:55

Dan
Topi

I once accidentally listed a Foreigner ticket for 5 grand. It didn't make the news that I am aware of. Nobody bought it at that price either.

lol

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 14, 2023 23:02

bye bye johnny
DGA35
Perhaps a dumb question, but what is Ticketmaster verified fan onsale mean? Looking at getting Vancouver tickets.

[www.ticketmaster.ca]
I've used Verified Fan several times & it has worked out well. I don't go for the Gucci tickets though & sadly need to buy ADA seats. For Bruce it worked real well. I'm sitting behind the stage 4 rows up for $100 which was what I could afford (barely). Show is less than 2 weeks away.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 15, 2023 02:20

So far I’ve got tickets for Seattle and Paris. With Vancouver added in November, I’m cautiously tempted to add another show to make it 15 in total. Maybe they’ll revisit the pricing system now in response to the criticism? That might make a difference in my decision, but I just don’t feel the same enthusiasm as I use to.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 15, 2023 03:08

Angus MacBagpipe
…but I just don’t feel the same enthusiasm as I use to.

Same for me.

I generally go along “separate the art from the artist”…sometimes feel it easer said than done, though. Clapton, Arcade Fire etc, all these artists I love and admire their works…

As for me, I can’t think Bruce the people’s rock ‘n’ roller anymore.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: February 15, 2023 03:45

Topi, my coworker bought 2 tickets at lunch time today for the Houston concert tonight, one was $6 and the other $9. She didnt care where the seats were, just wanted to be in the building and hear the concert. Crazy prices.

Karen & Bill

Date: February 15, 2023 05:34

Basically free!

Looks like the show was on too, haha!

If I Was The Priest...first performance since circa 1972, can you believe that?

Date: February 15, 2023 05:53

By the way, bad news for fans outside North America:

It seems you can only register for Verified Fan with an US/Canada phone number. Other countries' numbers do not work.

Date: February 15, 2023 05:57

Facebook video of Priest:
[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 15, 2023 10:38

Looks like Nils was absent last night but Stevie was back.

Date: February 15, 2023 11:02

Start: 19:46

1. NIGHT
2. No Surrender
3. Ghosts
4. Prove It All Night
5. Letter To You
6. The Promised Land
7. Out In The Street
8. Candy’s Room
9. Kitty’s Back
10. IF I WAS A PRIEST
11. Nightshift
12. Don’t Play That Song
13. The E Street Shuffle
14. Johnny 99
15. Last Man Standing
16. Backstreets
17. Because The Night
18. She’s The One
19. Wrecking Ball
20. The Rising
21. Badlands

22. Thunder Road
23: Born To Run
24. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
25. Glory Days
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
28: I’ll See You In My Dreams

End: 22:40

Nils and Patti absent.

Date: February 15, 2023 12:13

Prices will be a bit lower for the fall leg. Toronto GA pit face value price is 399 CAD.

$69.50-$399.50 CAD (before fees), and obviously not taking dynamic pricing in consideration, but fans should know better to stay the hell away from Platinum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 12:15 by Topi.

Date: February 15, 2023 13:56

Rumors:

Australian Tour February 2024

(Source: BTX)

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:13

Amazing. He does not only remeber all the words - he put emotions in to it. Mr Springsteen knows how to deliver - even a seldom played gem. [www.youtube.com]

Date: February 15, 2023 14:17

Lotta lyrics on that one.

Date: February 15, 2023 14:26

Sure is, Topi. smiling smiley

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: February 15, 2023 15:01

Bjorn
Amazing. He does not only remeber all the words - he put emotions in to it. Mr Springsteen knows how to deliver - even a seldom played gem. [www.youtube.com]

He, like the Stones and many other bands do, have video screens discretely placed in front of them which have the words, arrangements and sometimes the chords.

Can clearly see three screens sunken into the stage in this video and one between the two monitors at the front of the stage.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 15:09 by GuessWho.

Date: February 15, 2023 15:10

Yes, Bruce has used teleprompters for a long time now, like Mick.

Still, mistakes are gonna happen at live shows.

Date: February 15, 2023 15:20

Eh? I wrote that it was amazing, because he has his eyes closed during the verses. He´s really feeling it. You didn´t notice that little detail? Or am I all wrong?

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 17:00

Had to sell my ticket for Houston last minute yesterday due to illness in family.. person getting better but missed the concert. No real regrets because I could not have been in right mind to focus on it do you folks on this thread know if there is an iorr equivalent for fan discussion for Bruce or by each concert? haven't bumped into it yet.

Donna - in Houston.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 15, 2023 17:40

I love Bruce. Over the years, his shows have been SO fan oriented, and tickets reasonably priced, that I was pretty shocked to see how expensive tickets were when I got them for the upcoming Boston show. The verified fan thing got me in, but then left me with only expensive options, and when I bought my two lower level tickets, I noticed the upper level tickets were rapidly increasing in price by the minute. Upper level tix went from $85 to $300+ while I was processing my lower level tickets. That's a deceptive, unfriendly algorithm right there.

After I bought these tickets, I had the opportunity to purchase tickets to see Wilco in Iceland, somewhere I've never been and always wanted to visit. So I will be selling my Bruce tickets next week. I'm not sure what I'll get for them, but I hope whoever buys them really enjoys the show! I don't think I'll be going to any more big stadium or arena shows anymore, sadly (although possibly one more Stones show??). I hate TicketMaster with a seething passion.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 15, 2023 17:42

dnewton99
Had to sell my ticket for Houston last minute yesterday due to illness in family.. person getting better but missed the concert. No real regrets because I could not have been in right mind to focus on it do you folks on this thread know if there is an iorr equivalent for fan discussion for Bruce or by each concert? haven't bumped into it yet.

Donna - in Houston.

You can join Greasy Lake. A great Springsteen forum
[the-circuit.greasylake.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2023 19:52

Unfortunate that Nils wasn't at the show last night due to Covid, but according to his wife he is doing "great".

From APP.com: Nils Lofgren misses Springsteen show in Houston due to COVID

> “This one goes out to Nils Lofgren who’s at home with COVID!” said Springsteen

Hope he keeps getting better and continues to recover! thumbs up

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: February 16, 2023 01:35

I attended the Houston show last might. No Nils as mentioned, but Bruce and Steve adequately covered the guitar parts. First surprise was opening with 'Night', moving 'No Surrender' to 2nd song. The other surprise was 'If I was a Priest', which was magical. Great guitar solo by Steve at the end, but I would have loved to hear the harmonica from the studio version. You could tell who the die hard fans were because they all said 'Oh my god' as the song began. His tribute to his old bandmate before 'Last Man Standing' was quite touching and you could have heard a pin drop in the arena.

I'm not sure why, but the two soul covers just don't work for me. He's trying hard, with all the horn players and backup singers at the front of the stage like a revival. During those songs I started thinking about the Stones Licks tour, especially the club shows where they played 3-4 soul/dance songs. They switch between genres so effortlessly and they make it look so damn easy you take for granted how truly great they are.

Regardless, I would gladly see Bruce in concert again tomorrow. Those same horn players and backup singers make songs like 'Johnny 99'blow the top off the arena. His shows are one of a kind.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 16, 2023 02:58

Bruce always pretends to close his eyes, while looking down at the teleprompters. He’s had that perfected for a long time.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 16, 2023 03:17

bam
Bruce always pretends to close his eyes, while looking down at the teleprompters. He’s had that perfected for a long time.

totally understandable given the amount of words in his stuff, especially the older records. at least he's not using tapes. i just listened to the hollywood, fl show & it sounded fantastic.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 16, 2023 05:48

I’ve sat behind the stage and watched the teleprompters. He has the words and chords on the screens in front of him.

From behind the stage, you can also see the next song before it starts - and tell when there’s an audible. On his tours where he took requests from audience signs, he’d hold up the sign and spin around with it. His computer guy would quickly pull up the song and put it on the teleprompter. The band could see the words and the chords, yet pretend to the audience that they were all doing it from memory.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home