Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: February 6, 2023 08:36

crholmstrom
Topi
It's gotta be my favorite out of Letter To You, which is a solid album by the way.

thumbs up

Agreed on both counts. Letter To You is a good album, and Burnin' Train is a strong rocker, what he should want to be playing this tour.

Ghosts being the other most lively keeper from LTY for live shows. No Surrender followed by Ghosts is a good way to open these concerts in 2023

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2023 08:44

Oh, noticed that "A Land Of A Thousand Guitars" was omitted in Orlando.

A 27-song set for 2 h 40 approximately.

Date: February 6, 2023 08:44

No Surrender looks to be an apparent shout out to Ukraine, with Stevie's yellow and blue guitar and everything.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 6, 2023 15:09

Topi
Oh, noticed that "A Land Of A Thousand Guitars" was omitted in Orlando.

A 27-song set for 2 h 40 approximately.

I like that one. I wonder if Bruce is reacting to all the news surrounding "Backstreets" closing shop. Bad press. He's not used to that.

Date: February 6, 2023 15:15

I know she's done it in the past but kind of weird how Mrs Springsteen pops in & out.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: February 6, 2023 15:18

crholmstrom
I know she's done it in the past but kind of weird how Mrs Springsteen pops in & out.

it's that way since 2007

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:42

I'd love to see Bruce live but am worried about one thing. Does he spend the entire show singing like he's taking the world's longest, hardest shit or does he take it down a notch for a few songs?

Date: February 6, 2023 16:46

LOL, he does bring it down if the song warrants it. Take the soul songs and ballads for example.

You can probably check out those live Facebook links I posted for reference, chances are the streamers saved the videos. Or check out YouTube for latest clips.

Date: February 6, 2023 18:10

Father Ted
I'd love to see Bruce live but am worried about one thing. Does he spend the entire show singing like he's taking the world's longest, hardest shit or does he take it down a notch for a few songs?

Funny, Howard Stern asked him if he's got into Metamucil yet. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 6, 2023 20:57

LMAO I think his version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town live sums up the bowel situation perfectly!

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-ta Claus is coming to town

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-ta Claus

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 6, 2023 22:11

seems like those days are gone when Springsteen changed his setlists and was taking requests from the audience

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-06 22:11 by slewan.

Date: February 6, 2023 22:31

slewan
seems like those days are gone when Springsteen changed his setlists and was taking requests from the audience

It's still way early in the tour. I'll bet things change as the tour goes along.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 6, 2023 22:38

crholmstrom
slewan

It's still way early in the tour. I'll bet things change as the tour goes along.

Dylan stopped varying his sets in the last few years, so it happens. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 6, 2023 22:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-07 00:06 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 6, 2023 23:11

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
slewan

Dylan stopped varying his sets in the last few years, so it happens. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

whatever Springsteen does – he will never be the new Dylan (he should know that by now)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-06 23:13 by slewan.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 6, 2023 23:35

Father Ted

That’s the fake working class passion. He’s likely dropped it down a notch since he’s come out of the piggy closet.

Date: February 7, 2023 00:03

Paddy
Father Ted

That’s the fake working class passion. He’s likely dropped it down a notch since he’s come out of the piggy closet.

That being said I must say the soundboard tape of the Tampa Bay show is fantastic! The band sounds awesome. All n' all I think I would prefer the more stripped down band like the 2016 tour. The extra singers & horns aren't used every song but 18 or 19 people on stage is a bit much. The extra percussion guy does add some good stuff to the sound. I think part of why he's gone this route is for the songs (2 at this point) from the soul covers record. Those songs are ok but the songs from Letter to You are exceptional. I'm looking forward to the show I'm seeing 3 weeks from today.

Date: February 7, 2023 00:07

slewan

whatever Springsteen does – he will never be the new Dylan (he should know that by now)

Oh, thank God! winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2023 05:15

Father Ted

grinning smiley

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: February 7, 2023 05:53

Agree that Tampa soundboard sounds great - Bruce is really singing well - hope his vocal chords remain strong for the tour!

Date: February 7, 2023 05:59

Hard Rock next. Be interesting to see if he digs out any rarities for the smaller venue.

Then again, the Stones didn't, so maybe it's just business as usual.

Got a couple of friends from Finland attending that show with pit tickets.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 7, 2023 06:10

slewan
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
slewan

I think he knew that and said so back in 1973 when the comparison was made. So not sure why you put it that way.

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 7, 2023 06:30

Father Ted

Born To Runs isn't so hard.

Date: February 7, 2023 06:36

Let's see how long until they pull the plug on live streams

[localtoday.news]

Date: February 7, 2023 07:13

...and yeah, that Tampa soundboard sounds really good for opening night.

You just cannot judge a show by YouTube clips let alone Facebook live feeds. Put a soundboard recording on, get your headphones on - and then let's talk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-07 07:14 by Topi.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 7, 2023 09:38

It's available to purchase now on the store

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2023 16:24

He had 2 changes from the opening show in Tampa to the 2nd show in Atlanta.

Added "Darlington County" and "Thunder Road", dropping "Brilliant Disguise" and "Burnin' Train".

"Burnin' Train" was back for Orlando, so he's still sorting things out.

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: February 7, 2023 17:55

Has anyone here ever requested a song and had him play it?

I know, funny right, but how would you do this? Do you just hold signs up like usual and he just reads them?

Date: February 7, 2023 18:04

He used to take signs from the crowd, yes. He actually picked a bunch of signs out and then decided which one(s) to play. Some of them might have been on the setlist already, of course...

(Example found on YouTube: a sign for "Red Headed Woman" in Melbourne)

Now, I made a request in person before my first show on the Magic tour in 2008. Met him at his hotel in Helsinki, got him to sign my CD cover, then asked "could you guys please do Youngstown tomorrow?" Bruce was like "That's a possibility, I've been thinking about that one lately".

Then on show day when the band left the hotel I stuck this tiny card that said "Youngstown, please" to his hand. He took it.

They ended up playing it - with the full band - for the first time on that tour.

That was magic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-07 18:06 by Topi.

Date: February 7, 2023 19:10

Topi
He used to take signs from the crowd, yes. He actually picked a bunch of signs out and then decided which one(s) to play. Some of them might have been on the setlist already, of course...

(Example found on YouTube: a sign for "Red Headed Woman" in Melbourne)

Now, I made a request in person before my first show on the Magic tour in 2008. Met him at his hotel in Helsinki, got him to sign my CD cover, then asked "could you guys please do Youngstown tomorrow?" Bruce was like "That's a possibility, I've been thinking about that one lately".

Then on show day when the band left the hotel I stuck this tiny card that said "Youngstown, please" to his hand. He took it.

They ended up playing it - with the full band - for the first time on that tour.

That was magic.
Nice story, Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home