Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 4, 2023 18:52

Like our boys the Stones, Bruce and the band are wonders of nature - defying age...

Great show in Atlanta - not much talk, just smoking hot playing and singing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 4, 2023 19:27

Yeah, no banter between songs or pulling up ladies to dance on stage.

And hey - no Sunny Day!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 4, 2023 19:43

Topi

And hey - no Sunny Day!

I'm good with no Sunny Day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 4, 2023 19:51

God, I hate that song.

Could live without DITD and The Rising too, but those two just get played every night, no two ways about it.

Date: February 4, 2023 20:20

Topi
God, I hate that song.

Could live without DITD and The Rising too, but those two just get played every night, no two ways about it.

Ya, Sunny Day is insipid. I can see why the other 2 get played. DITD was his biggest hit & I think it sounds better now than it did at first. I go back & forth about The Rising. It's a pretty powerful song lyirically. When the band is "on" like they have been these first 2 shows it sounds good. Wonder why Patti was a no show. Maybe she disappeared so Bruce could go get his gentleman's club fix in Atlanta. Kind of weird routing. Going to Atlanta then back to Orlando. Might've had something to do with the NHL All Star game festivities. Looked like Bruce pulled on audible last night & decided to drop Burning Train. Aside from Rosalita he seems to be staying away from the long epic songs like Jungleland & The River.

Date: February 4, 2023 21:21

Jungleland is a rarity post-Clarence.

Date: February 4, 2023 21:53

Topi
Jungleland is a rarity post-Clarence.

Not the same with Jake

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 4, 2023 22:00

"Backstreets has reached the end of the road" !

[www.backstreets.com]

Date: February 5, 2023 00:55

Rank Stranger

[www.backstreets.com]

This is like if BV pulled the plug on this forum because the Stones tickets are high. It's kind of dumb. There were affordable Springsteen tickets available. Some of these people are delusional as to expectations. It's unrealistic to expect that front row tickets are going to cost the same as seats in the rafters. Perhaps if Bruce had done something like Lucky Dip it would've quieted the noise. He is playing arenas in the US though, not stadiums. Springsteen had 19 people onstage in Tampa & that's not even counting roadies, drivers, etc. The costs of keeping the circus on the road are high. & I'm sure Bruce is taking care of the musicians & roadies who have been with him for decades.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 5, 2023 03:44

crholmstrom
Rank Stranger

[www.backstreets.com]

This is like if BV pulled the plug on this forum because the Stones tickets are high. It's kind of dumb. There were affordable Springsteen tickets available. Some of these people are delusional as to expectations. It's unrealistic to expect that front row tickets are going to cost the same as seats in the rafters. Perhaps if Bruce had done something like Lucky Dip it would've quieted the noise. He is playing arenas in the US though, not stadiums. Springsteen had 19 people onstage in Tampa & that's not even counting roadies, drivers, etc. The costs of keeping the circus on the road are high. & I'm sure Bruce is taking care of the musicians & roadies who have been with him for decades.

Reading the post & one of the posts linked re the ticket price hikes it sounds like they feel betrayed. The working class hero has let them down.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 5, 2023 04:18

Topi

I wonder if Bruce shied away from interacting with the audience, feeling awkward in the aftermath of last year’s ticket sales fiasco and the intense repulsion that caused in the fan community.

Date: February 5, 2023 04:58

I think that's got more to do with Covid than shyness, really.

He did give a few high fives and handshakes but not as much as he did before.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2023 05:03

Paddy
crholmstrom
Rank Stranger

[www.backstreets.com]

Reading the post & one of the posts linked re the ticket price hikes it sounds like they feel betrayed. The working class hero has let them down.

Kind of sad to read, and overall it sounds like a terrible situation for the Boss and (most of) his followers.

Date: February 5, 2023 06:49

It will be interesting to see how he prices his US stadium shows which are rumored to take place after the summer Europe leg.

Less aggressive "dynamic pricing"? And maybe bit of a lower ATP, given the bigger venues?

Date: February 5, 2023 06:58

Hairball
Paddy
crholmstrom
Rank Stranger

[www.backstreets.com]

Kind of sad to read, and overall it sounds like a terrible situation for the Boss and (most of) his followers.

Me being no more than a casual fan of Bruce, I had never visited the Backstreets website before. Sad indeed to read an ultimatum from an obviously dedicated fan.

Fact is, Bruce has always been a famous, rich rock star, in that he is no different from Paul, Mick and a number of others in the rock aristocracy. However, the ticket prices of his concerts were always within the reachable range for the wider general public, at least. By giving a tacit approval for the bloody dynamic pricing, Bruce has fallen from the ‘people’s rocker’.

Nobody expects that front row tickets are going to cost the same as seats in the rafters. People are not that naive. Yes, there were affordable Springsteen tickets available — not in great number, though, and for a very limited time. Come the day, just a few hours into the initial ticket sales, dynamic pricing goes into action, and every remaining unremarkable seat morphs into what Ticketbastard calls ‘Official Premium Ticket’ that fetches literally thousands of bucks! To call it rip-off would be an understatement.

“Call it what you like: market pricing, dynamic pricing, surge pricing, Platinum pricing. Just don't call it The New Normal.”
( — from the Backstreets article, FREEZE-OUT Lord won't you tell us, tell us what does it mean? [www.backstreets.com] )

Date: February 5, 2023 07:05

It should be noted that for a lot of Bruce shows, resellers are taking a beating. You can get in the door in places like Tulsa and Houston for like 10-15 bucks.

This obviously doesn't apply in a market such as MSG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-05 07:06 by Topi.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 5, 2023 14:02

RisingStone
…Come the day, just a few hours into the initial ticket sales, dynamic pricing goes into action, and every remaining unremarkable seat morphs into what Ticketbastard calls ‘Official Premium Ticket’ that fetches literally thousands of bucks! To call it rip-off would be an understatement.

“Call it what you like: market pricing, dynamic pricing, surge pricing, Platinum pricing. Just don't call it The New Normal.”
( — from the Backstreets article, FREEZE-OUT Lord won't you tell us, tell us what does it mean? [www.backstreets.com] )

And yet, on show day in Atlanta, good seats were available on Ticketmaster for $59.

I’m not defending dynamic pricing as being wonderful. Far from it. But gee, 2014, The Stones in Australia, AUD$99 for a few Lucky Dip tickets to every show, ALL other tickets, from row and top of the rafters, AUD525 plus fees. Bruce in Australia, 2014, every ticket AUD$235 plus fees.

BOTH acts cost me a fortune that year!

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-05 14:03 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2023 14:32

Yes, ticket prices were high, but I feel I got my money's worth.

Like the Stones, I would tweak the setlist a little. That said, we got "Darlington" and "Thunder" in Atlanta - an improvement over Tampa.

Still one of the best live performers out there. And we're really getting low on the classic rockers of the rock and roll era. Go if ya get a chance.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 5, 2023 14:33

RisingStone
(…)

Fact is, Bruce has always been a famous, rich rock star, in that he is no different from Paul, Mick and a number of others in the rock aristocracy.
(…)

well, the difference is: Neither McCartney, Jagger etc. have ever build their reputation on being a 'working class hero'

Date: February 5, 2023 15:16

But he's still running Bruce Inc.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 5, 2023 20:19

bye bye johnny
Christopher Phillips, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief of the long running fan site Backstreets.com has announced the website is shutting down.

[www.backstreets.com]

--

Bruce Springsteen Fanzine ‘Backstreets’ to Shut Down: ‘End of an Era’

By Michele Amabile Angermiller
February 3, 2023

In a statement to Variety, Springsteen manager Jon Landau expressed sadness over the news.

“We are very sorry to hear the news of Backstreets closing and want to thank Chris Phillips for his 30 years of dedication on behalf of Springsteen fans everywhere,” he said.

Full article > [variety.com]

Date: February 5, 2023 21:22

bitusa2012
And yet, on show day in Atlanta, good seats were available on Ticketmaster for $59.

I have a guess, most likely they were tickets offered with last-minute price reduction. It sometimes happens when there are a good number of tickets left unsold close to or on show day. For instance, I recently snatched up a best seat in the arena for Florence + the Machine at Glasgow OVO Hydro at £56.35 including fees one day before the gig on Ticketmaster. The price for the section I was in before the discount was introduced had been around 169 quid (and yes, price hike by dynamic pricing had been going on for this show, too).

You can’t strike it lucky often, though.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2023 00:52

Date: February 6, 2023 01:31

“Et tu, Bruce?”

Date: February 6, 2023 04:02

Orlando live stream:

[www.facebook.com]

No setlist changes so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-06 04:31 by Topi.

Date: February 6, 2023 04:45

Topi
Orlando live stream:

[www.facebook.com]

No setlist changes so far.

Thanks. I tuned in for a bit. Bad sound on feed tonight. Watching the Grammys. Couple of good bits on that. Not many, haha

Date: February 6, 2023 04:57

Glad Burnin' Train made it back in.

He's going through this set in a rush. Barely takes a breath between songs.

Date: February 6, 2023 05:13

Topi
Glad Burnin' Train made it back in.

He's going through this set in a rush. Barely takes a breath between songs.

I like Burnin' Train plenty, too.

Date: February 6, 2023 05:44

It's gotta be my favorite out of Letter To You, which is a solid album by the way.

Date: February 6, 2023 06:37

Topi
It's gotta be my favorite out of Letter To You, which is a solid album by the way.

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home