Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2023 01:14

Topi
He rarely plays BITUSA in North America. It's featured more often in Europe & elsewhere.

Even Thunder Road or a song like The River aren't regulars, despite being some of his most popular songs.

And yes, there will be changes.

I think he's done "Thunder Road" every time I've seen him. I've seen quite a few shows going back to 1978. Shook his hand when he came out in the crowd during 1 of the shows I saw on the original "River" tour. He stood on a chair directly in front of me. I was lucky I got to see 2 shows each on the Darkness & original River tours.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2023 01:18

That must have been lights out good!

This is back when he used to have intermissions at shows, right?

Date: February 3, 2023 01:58

Topi

Yes. Darkness came out when I was in high school. Early in the tour he played a 2200 seat theater. I became a fan for life. Then he came back at the end of the tour to a 5000 seat arena. I had great seats. That show he came back out long after the lights came on & half the crowd had left. Said "this if for all you die hard crazies out there". It was the last night of the tour. They did "Rave On" & "Twist & Shout" with the lights on & then trashed the stage. The original "River" tour I saw back to back nights in Seattle & Portland, both in arenas. The Seattle show was when I shook his hand. The Portland show the next night featured a minor eruption of Mt St Helens the day of the show. The band did "On Top of Old Smokey" in honor of that. It was quite an adventure driving home through the volcanic ash. I must say that the River show in 2016 was really close to the glory days. Fantastic show! It's nice that I only have less than a month to wait for the show this year. I don't go to a lot of shows these days for financial & health reasons. I got lucky & got pretty good tickets for $100 each. I'm 4 rows up behind the stage which for Bruce isn't bad. Kind of like the view from the live stream last night except I won't have people standing in front of me. Sadly, I have to sit in the seating for diabled people.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 3, 2023 02:09

crholmstrom
Topi
He rarely plays BITUSA in North America. It's featured more often in Europe & elsewhere.

Even Thunder Road or a song like The River aren't regulars, despite being some of his most popular songs.

And yes, there will be changes.

I think he's done "Thunder Road" every time I've seen him. I've seen quite a few shows going back to 1978. Shook his hand when he came out in the crowd during 1 of the shows I saw on the original "River" tour. He stood on a chair directly in front of me. I was lucky I got to see 2 shows each on the Darkness & original River tours.

Darkness was hands down Bruce's greatest tour IMO

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 3, 2023 19:01

crholmstrom
Topi

Yes. Darkness came out when I was in high school. Early in the tour he played a 2200 seat theater. I became a fan for life. Then he came back at the end of the tour to a 5000 seat arena. I had great seats. That show he came back out long after the lights came on & half the crowd had left. Said "this if for all you die hard crazies out there". It was the last night of the tour. They did "Rave On" & "Twist & Shout" with the lights on & then trashed the stage. The original "River" tour I saw back to back nights in Seattle & Portland, both in arenas. The Seattle show was when I shook his hand. The Portland show the next night featured a minor eruption of Mt St Helens the day of the show. The band did "On Top of Old Smokey" in honor of that. It was quite an adventure driving home through the volcanic ash. I must say that the River show in 2016 was really close to the glory days. Fantastic show! It's nice that I only have less than a month to wait for the show this year. I don't go to a lot of shows these days for financial & health reasons. I got lucky & got pretty good tickets for $100 each. I'm 4 rows up behind the stage which for Bruce isn't bad. Kind of like the view from the live stream last night except I won't have people standing in front of me. Sadly, I have to sit in the seating for diabled people.

Love your experience on that! Happened once for me (not with Bruce tho) at a Delbert McClinton show most had left lights were up and he and band came back out, said there’s not many of you left so come on down and we all hung around the stage, some sitting on it, as they rocked out a couple more tunes.. On the Bruce note hoping to see him at least once this tour, maybe Cleveland

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 3, 2023 19:58

crholmstrom
Topi

Cool story Chuck. Thanks for sharing.

My initial Springsteen show was 10/31/1980 at the old LA Sports Arena aka “the Dump that Jumps”; IIRC Bruce was brought on stage in a coffin and first song was Haunted House. Been to 15-20 shows since then, mostly in LA. Most memorable, though, was seeing Bruce and E St at MSG in 2009 for the initial “The River” show; also last time with Clarence.

Haven’t seen him since 2012 (missed the 2016 tour since the LA stop was same time as a trip to Australia for F1) so looking forward to seeing him again. Since he’s bypassed SoCal on this leg (rumors are he’s doing a second Desert Trip at Coachella in the fall), we’re taking a roadie to Houston later this month. (Thought about Seattle and/or Portland, but got skunked in the Verified Fan game…).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 3, 2023 20:04

I saw Springsteen only once: Bremen 1999 (the same venue where the Stones recored Bridges to Bremen). I didn't like Springsteens show. In fact it somehow got better when I closed my eyes. After that show I had no inclination to see him again.

Date: February 4, 2023 00:45

Soundcheck Atlanta:

- Thunder Road full band
- Land of a 1.000 Guitars
- Badlands
- My Hometown

Date: February 4, 2023 01:15

Topi
Soundcheck Atlanta:

- Thunder Road full band
- Land of a 1.000 Guitars
- Badlands
- My Hometown

Thunder Road full band thumbs up

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 4, 2023 01:37

Christopher Phillips, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief of the long running fan site Backstreets.com has announced the website is shutting down.

[www.backstreets.com]

Date: February 4, 2023 02:42

Yeah, sad news despite of all the toxicity on that board.

Date: February 4, 2023 04:14

Live stream of Atlanta show:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 4, 2023 04:19

Topi
Live stream of Atlanta show:

[www.facebook.com]

thanks Topi

Date: February 4, 2023 04:23

No worries. This patron knows better not to sing along!

The guy in Tampa couldn't carry a tune in a goalie bag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-04 04:23 by Topi.

Date: February 4, 2023 04:40

Topi

Not much change in the setlist so far. A bit.... & no Patti

Date: February 4, 2023 04:44

Topi

& no drunk chicks distracting him!

Date: February 4, 2023 04:53

Ahhhhhh....Thunder Road!

Date: February 4, 2023 04:54

Mary's dress sways!

Date: February 4, 2023 04:55

crholmstrom

Not much change in the setlist so far. A bit.... & no Patti

Playing it safe the first few shows. Gonna happen.

With all those horns, maybe Kitty, Shuffle and 99 become semi-regulars. 99 was a staple on the Working On A Dream tour.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-04 05:04 by Topi.

Date: February 4, 2023 05:10

Surprised Burnin' Train got dropped.

Please, Jungleland for our boy Terry here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-04 05:14 by Topi.

Date: February 4, 2023 05:17

Little Steven is like a cartoon character. I keep waiting for Paulie Walnuts to come out, haha. >grinning smiley<

Date: February 4, 2023 05:33

Steve is back to his Sopranos season 1 weight.

Date: February 4, 2023 05:37

Topi
Steve is back to his Sopranos season 1 weight.

Ya, he's looking good. I really like that last song of the night. Bruce's voice sounded great on that. Excellent song.

Date: February 4, 2023 05:39

Thanks again, Topi. Get some sleep! smileys with beer

Date: February 4, 2023 06:09

2 hours 46 minutes tonight.

1 No Surrender
2 Ghosts
3 Prove It All Night
4 Letter To You
5 The Promised Land
6 Out in the Street
7 Candy's Room
8 Kitty's Back
9 Nightshift
10 Don't Play That Song
11 The E Street Shuffle
12 Johnny 99
13 DARLINGTON COUNTY
14 Last Man Standing
15 House of a Thousand Guitars
16 Backstreets
17 Because the Night
18 She's the One
19 Wrecking Ball
20 The Rising
21 Badlands
22 THUNDER ROAD

23 Born To Run
24 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
25 Glory Days
26 Dancing In The Dark
27 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
28 I'll See You In My Dreams (solo)

Date: February 4, 2023 06:12

crholmstrom

I really like that last song of the night. Bruce's voice sounded great on that. Excellent song.

I'll See You In My Dreams is an excellent song indeed, but it sounds better as the full band studio version IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-04 06:19 by Topi.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 4, 2023 06:26

Topi
crholmstrom

I really like that last song of the night. Bruce's voice sounded great on that. Excellent song.

I'll See You In My Dreams is an excellent song indeed, but it sounds better as the full band studio version IMO.

I can understand why its more sentimental with just him solo. I think its great either way.

Date: February 4, 2023 06:32

As a show closer, the solo is a better fit.

Date: February 4, 2023 15:16

Date: February 4, 2023 15:29

Heh, I just watched that one and two other songs filmed by the same guy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home