Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2022 20:47

Yeah, good luck getting the money back, lol.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 18, 2022 21:03

Bruce Springsteen Breaks Down His R&B Covers LP — and Responds to Fan Outrage Over Ticket Prices

"I know it was unpopular with some fans," Springsteen says of his ticket prices. "But if there's any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back"

By Andy Greene
November 18, 2022

Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 18, 2022 21:08

Money back? Very presumptious comment. Anyhow, I hope nobody is that disappointed at the concerts.

Date: November 18, 2022 21:08

Here's more of the "ticket issue":

"As you said, the fans were pretty upset. Backstreets said it caused them to suffer a “crisis of faith.” They wrote an op-ed where they said that dynamic pricing “violates an implicit contract between Bruce Springsteen and his fans.” How did you feel about all that blowback against you?

Well, I’m old. I take a lot of things in stride [laughs]. You don’t like to be criticized. You certainly don’t like to be the poster boy for high ticket prices. It’s the last thing you prefer to be. But that’s how it went. You have to own the decisions you have made and go out and just continue to do your best. And that was my take on it. I think if folks come to the show, they’re going to have a good time.

Do you think in the future you’ll avoid using dynamic pricing, where the prices change in front of your eyes during the initial on-sale?

I don’t know. I think in the future, we’ll be talking about it, of course [laughs]. It changes from tour to tour. We will be coming back. I’m sure we’ll be playing outside somewhat. That’ll be a whole other discussion when that comes around."

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 18, 2022 21:11

Topi
Here's more of the "ticket issue":

Credit to Andy Greene of Rolling Stone.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 18, 2022 21:20

Yep, glad he asked Bruce about it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 20, 2022 06:31

NashvilleBlues
Nightshift last night was hard to watch. His pretentious faces and grandpa dancing were hilarious. Lounge act vibes. Lots seemed to like it, however.

[www.youtube.com]

Terrible - he sucked the soulfulness right out of that tune.

Date: November 20, 2022 09:26

He should do Happy and You Got The Silver.

And Rambler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2022 12:57

Topi
Yep, glad he asked Bruce about it!

yeah, but Springsteen didn't really answer (and didn't say 'sorry' or anything alike)

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 20, 2022 14:48

Bruce Springsteen to Release Box Set of Five Unheard Albums

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Bruce Springsteen confirmed he was preparing a box set of five previously-unreleased albums, mainly recorded during the '90s.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone he added detail to comments he'd previously made, saying the collection would follow the spirit of Tracks, his 1998 set of unheard and alternative songs.

Date: November 20, 2022 14:50

What should he be sorry for?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2022 15:08

bye bye johnny
Bruce Springsteen Breaks Down His R&B Covers LP — and Responds to Fan Outrage Over Ticket Prices

"I know it was unpopular with some fans," Springsteen says of his ticket prices. "But if there's any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back"

By Andy Greene
November 18, 2022

Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

Good interview and I'm really looking forward to the tour.

That said, Bruce seems a little weird these days.....

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2022 16:58

Topi

ripping off fans or let Ticketmaster do so

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 20, 2022 17:01

Elmo Lewis
bye bye johnny

By Andy Greene
November 18, 2022

Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

He's getting up there in age. & he's always been a little weird, it just wasn't publicized. There's some stories out there in the realm of gossip so no need to repeat them.

Date: November 20, 2022 17:50

slewan
Topi

Nah, instead, he said it just like it is: he's only doing what "his peers" are doing (and that on previous tours, he priced his tickets a bit lower than said peers.) Now he's saying he deserves to be paid the same - and that he's pocketing the "extra" money above face value instead of it going to the scalpers.

Ticketmaster isn't really the one to blame here, they're just the middle man, the marketplace. Bruce and his management knew exactly what they signed up for when they went for the dynamic pricing model.

Look, his guarantee is 4 mil USD a night. The promoters probably weren't going to give him that without dynamic pricing.

With no money in record sales these days, artist are bound to milk every possible penny out of touring.

Between the lines he hinted that he may opt out of dynamic pricing for the US stadium shows rumored to take place in the fall of 2023, but let's see.

But saying he's sorry for going for the money after the fact would have sounded weird. Even weirder than the part about "refunds" if patrons aren't happy with the product.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-20 17:55 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 20, 2022 20:26

crholmstrom
Elmo Lewis
bye bye johnny

By Andy Greene
November 18, 2022

Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

He's getting up there in age. & he's always been a little weird, it just wasn't publicized. There's some stories out there in the realm of gossip so no need to repeat them.

From what I've heard, very weird might be a better description.
Interesting to see him try and squirm out of this ticket fiasco along with the backlash he faces from some of his fans ( a “crisis of faith.” lol).
For those who want to, a great opportunity to see him for free though if he sticks to his word and gives back the money he promised.
"But if there's any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back" - we shall see about that.

slewan
Topi

...and the terrible covers album he just released....

Date: November 20, 2022 22:22

I still find it funny that we're outraged about Springsteen's ticket prices on a Rolling Stones board.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2022 22:55

eeeeerrr so who's site should we be on ???

Usher ... Elton's .... Bad Bunny ... Jimmy Buffet ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 20, 2022 23:39

Rockman

Jimmy Buffet would steal our salt shakers >grinning smiley<

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: November 21, 2022 00:23

Topi
I still find it funny that we're outraged about Springsteen's ticket prices on a Rolling Stones board.

HILARIOUS §§§ grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 21, 2022 02:53

Topi

While the ticket prices are comparable, consider how many times greater the Stones catalog and performance's are than Springsteens.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 21, 2022 03:46

Topi
slewan
Topi

Nah, instead, he said it just like it is: he's only doing what "his peers" are doing (and that on previous tours, he priced his tickets a bit lower than said peers.) Now he's saying he deserves to be paid the same - and that he's pocketing the "extra" money above face value instead of it going to the scalpers.

Ticketmaster isn't really the one to blame here, they're just the middle man, the marketplace. Bruce and his management knew exactly what they signed up for when they went for the dynamic pricing model.

Look, his guarantee is 4 mil USD a night. The promoters probably weren't going to give him that without dynamic pricing.

With no money in record sales these days, artist are bound to milk every possible penny out of touring.

Between the lines he hinted that he may opt out of dynamic pricing for the US stadium shows rumored to take place in the fall of 2023, but let's see.

But saying he's sorry for going for the money after the fact would have sounded weird. Even weirder than the part about "refunds" if patrons aren't happy with the product.

That's the deal: it's not the artist, it's the promoter/manager. People like to lay into the artist when that's not the way it works, never has, never will.

He's being coy about refunds. No one gets a refund after a show. To my knowledge, anyway.

I recall some quip Mick said about people complaining about ticket prices in 1999 and how if one can afford season tickets for an NBA team... a Stones ticket is cheap.

He said this about the secondary market in 2013:

Q: People are already fretting that the secondary ticket market will gobble up most of the best seats and resell them at several times face value. What is your attitude toward these secondary market sellers and are the Stones participating at all in those profits?

A: I'm very much against the secondary ticket market. I don't know anyone who isn't. We have a lot of secondary market problems in the U.K., it's really bad there. And lots of artists are starting to participate in it, because they put the tickets up at a certain price, then the tickets get marked up by the secondary sellers and someone else gets twice as much as you. Personally, we don't participate in it. That's the view we take. I think it should be illegal, and in the U.K. it would be very easy to stop it. It's a very concentrated operation you could stop immediately. It's a bigger problem in the U.S., more difficult to contain, but they don't even try. It should be made completely illegal. If people don't like it, don't complain to the artists. Each state should make secondary reselling illegal.

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Date: November 21, 2022 05:42

MKjan
Topi

While the ticket prices are comparable, consider how many times greater the Stones catalog and performance's are than Springsteens.

Insert Big Lebowski quote here smiling smiley

And if you take a look at Springsteen's ticket prices for his European stadium dates, you'll see that the Stones charged more on average here in Europe.

(You could get front of stage tickets to some of Springsteen's Europe shows for about 150 Euro, even less. Sure, his pit is bigger, but still.)

Now, US arenas? A whole different animal. I'd really like to see how the Stones (promoters) would price a tour like that, given that the Stones' fixed fee has to be more than the reported 4 mil a night Bruce is getting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-21 07:14 by Topi.

Date: November 21, 2022 05:44

Rockman

Cold Chisel's! Cheap whine!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2022 07:39

Barnseeee is doin a Xmas album ..... Blue Christmas

ROCKMAN

Date: November 22, 2022 11:05

Does Mary's dress "sway" or "wave"?

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 25, 2022 16:53

I like the new record but watching Bruce perform them on Fallon reminds me of the Rod Stewart show in Vegas. Not horrible but not what you really want. This line-up seems ready made for a Vegas residency.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 25, 2022 17:09

crholmstrom
I like the new record but watching Bruce perform them on Fallon reminds me of the Rod Stewart show in Vegas. Not horrible but not what you really want. This line-up seems ready made for a Vegas residency.

I can definitely see why you'd say this. It did kind of have that feel. Gave the album a listen the other day, and it was OK. Nothing that really caught my attention. I'll get it eventually just to keep the collection complete, but I can tell that it's one that one be getting much spinning.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 26, 2022 09:59

Topi
Does Mary's dress "sway" or "wave"?

[www.instagram.com]

It's waved, for me, since I bought BTR and started playing the hell out of it in 1975 about the time of the Time-Newsweek covers confluence. (He was a welcome new phenom, since, to my ears and my shock, the Stones had essentially collapsed into mediocrity after Exile... and they'd stay tragically ordinary until 1978.)

Mary's dress will, for me, forever wave, not sway.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 26, 2022 10:40

He managed to ruin everyone of those wonderful soul songs… they sound like Springsteen‘s voice on top of a generic Late Night house band.

And concerning ticket prices. I think people are more outraged with Bruce‘s prices than with the Stones because the Stones - at least in the last 40 years - never pretended to connect with the „working class“. Obviously everything about the Stones is otherworldly…from the stages, their hotels, their backstage wishes to their entourage, personas and myths. Nobody expects common sense with them, which is part of the deal. But Bruce makes it his thing to be down to earth, which I think will make this whole situation very disappointing for some fans…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-26 14:41 by MonkeyMan2000.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home