Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 23:41

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 2, 2022 02:15

Thanks, custom!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 2, 2022 02:34

24FPS
Face it, Bruce has become like all the rest. Highest prices sufferable for Greatest Hits for the rubes. They want Glory Days in the encore. The real Glory Days was the Tunnel of Love tour, 1988, with Bruce doing solo work and appearing with the E Street Band.

Greatest Hits? Did you know that he changes his setlists from show to show a lot, sometimes even taking requests from fans?

Sure, he is going to play (most of) the hits as well, but he mixes it up as he goes. Often times he even calls "audibles", playing something entirely different than what was on the handwritten setlist. That has the band members scramble to get the right instruments and, at times, the right key!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-02 02:43 by Topi.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2022 07:31

Topi
24FPS
Face it, Bruce has become like all the rest. Highest prices sufferable for Greatest Hits for the rubes. They want Glory Days in the encore. The real Glory Days was the Tunnel of Love tour, 1988, with Bruce doing solo work and appearing with the E Street Band.

Greatest Hits? Did you know that he changes his setlists from show to show a lot, sometimes even taking requests from fans?

Sure, he is going to play (most of) the hits as well, but he mixes it up as he goes. Often times he even calls "audibles", playing something entirely different than what was on the handwritten setlist. That has the band members scramble to get the right instruments and, at times, the right key!

Well, you must have the money to blow to know such things. Look, I loved Bruce, just like I loved other great rock artists. But there's no reason to see them now. Get the DVD of Bruce and the E Street Band at the No Nukes Concert 1979. Or the late 80s performance from The Human Rights Concert. Better yet get the Born To Run boxset. A bonus disc DVD of them playing the Hammersmith Odeon in London in 1975. The band sizzles.

Date: November 2, 2022 10:24

Got 'em. And going to four shows in Europe next summer.

It's only money. winking smiley

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 2, 2022 14:36

Same here. Money is just money, no big deal.

Date: November 2, 2022 18:12

I mean, they pay you each month.

But when the Stones and Bruce are done, that's it. No money in the world is gonna bring them back.

I got all the time to watch DVD's and listen to El Mocambo when it's all over. For now, I like to experience the live shows while I still can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-02 22:06 by Topi.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 9, 2022 21:24

Appearing November 14, 15, 16 & 24.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 10, 2022 20:12

The new album is fantastic. It plays to Bruce & band's strengths. Gary Tallent is a revelation on bass. I always thought that guy was way underrated.

Date: November 10, 2022 20:39

Producer Ron Aniello gets the bass credit, not Garry Tallent.

He also played guitar, drums, keyboards "and more".

[www.app.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 10, 2022 20:51

bye bye johnny

[www.app.com]

I haven’t loved everything he and Bruce have come up with going back to Wrecking Ball, but Aniello is a great talent.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 10, 2022 21:03

How...exciting...one man karaoke band...If Letter to you (2020) was blood, sweat and tears - this is plastic...cool smiley

Date: November 10, 2022 21:24

bye bye johnny

[www.app.com]

I didn't have the credits available. I enjoyed listening to it & the material should play well live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-10 21:58 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 10, 2022 21:59

Bjorn
How...exciting...one man karaoke band...If Letter to you (2020) was blood, sweat and tears - this is plastic...cool smiley

Have you heard it yet? I went into it without any preformed opinions. I thought it could go either way & was happy that it turned out to be good. Will be an excellent cruising record in the summer. Definitely happy music. Can't wait for the tour this winter.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 10, 2022 22:11

crholmstrom
The new album is fantastic. It plays to Bruce & band's strengths. Gary Tallent is a revelation on bass. I always thought that guy was way underrated.

I'm listening now and enjoying it very much. Bruce's version of "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" is great!

Date: November 10, 2022 22:17

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

I'm listening now and enjoying it very much. Bruce's version of "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" is great!

The material really lends itself to Bruce's voice. He sounds great to my ears. I haven't loved everything he's done but I've been a fan since Darkness on the Edge of Town. I've seen him a lot over the years, & again haven't loved everything. The show I saw on the River tour a few years ago was amazing. It was like going back to the original River tour. He played almost 4 hours & it looked like he wanted to keep going but the band was wore out, haha.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: November 10, 2022 22:39

Bruce is a guest on Questlove's podcast. Says he cut 40 tracks during the sessions for the new album.

[www.iheart.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 10, 2022 23:22

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

The material really lends itself to Bruce's voice. He sounds great to my ears. I haven't loved everything he's done but I've been a fan since Darkness on the Edge of Town. I've seen him a lot over the years, & again haven't loved everything. The show I saw on the River tour a few years ago was amazing. It was like going back to the original River tour. He played almost 4 hours & it looked like he wanted to keep going but the band was wore out, haha.

This is a very enjoyable record, and its songs will surely sound great when played live.

I've only seen Bruce once, in Rio in 2013 and it was a great concert. He opened with his version for a Raul Seixas song (a great Brazilian musician) and played for almost 3 hours, including the whole "Born in the USA" album.

Date: November 11, 2022 01:58

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

This is a very enjoyable record, and its songs will surely sound great when played live.

I've only seen Bruce once, in Rio in 2013 and it was a great concert. He opened with his version for a Raul Seixas song (a great Brazilian musician) and played for almost 3 hours, including the whole "Born in the USA" album.

Glad you like it Cristiano. I hope you get to see him again sometime soon. A lot of shows I've seen by him have been like rock n roll church.

Date: November 11, 2022 04:28

He's an amazing performer.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: November 11, 2022 11:36

Love Bruce but this new album does nothing for me. I'm a big soul fan and while Bruce's voice sounds good, he never outdoes the original singers. Musically, some tracks sound downright dreadful, without exaggeration like karaoke tracks. Given that he did not do anything original with the arrangements either to make it interesting, it's a hard pass for me.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: November 11, 2022 12:04

I'm a big Springsteen fan but don't really see the point of this release. He cannot possibly better any of these classics and doubt even if the E street band will play any of this next year.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 11, 2022 13:04

24FPS

Oh please. His shows vary by about 1/3rd from night to night. 8-11 different songs every night, including ACTUAL rarities. And he plays for 3 hours. The Stones play for 2 hours and vary by perhaps 2 songs. MIGHT SHUFFLE A SONG FROM ENCORE TO OPENING, and a song from opening to encore. Hardly a new show.

The Stones, the worlds most expensive land-locked cruise band. As great as they are, that’s pretty much all they are.

Rod

Date: November 11, 2022 13:21

hickorywind
I'm a big Springsteen fan but don't really see the point of this release. He cannot possibly better any of these classics and doubt even if the E street band will play any of this next year.

I think E Street will do a few songs from the new record. A lot of them are right in the E Street wheelhouse. They've always done stuff in that vein. (Devil With A Blue Dress, Raise Your Hands, etc. There are plenty of examples. Time will tell.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 11, 2022 15:18

The sun ain´t gonna shine anymore. Something´s missing. But then I found John Mellenchamp (on Spotify, new releases) and Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong...and have played it on repeat the whole day...Sorry... cool smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:35

Nightshift last night was hard to watch. His pretentious faces and grandpa dancing were hilarious. Lounge act vibes. Lots seemed to like it, however.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:54

NashvilleBlues
Nightshift last night was hard to watch. His pretentious faces and grandpa dancing were hilarious. Lounge act vibes. Lots seemed to like it, however.

[www.youtube.com]

This is so sad. Pull this Bruce, and burn all the master tapes.

Date: November 18, 2022 10:20

I thought the performance was good, but weird to see him wearing a jacket!

Date: November 18, 2022 19:32

Springsteen's take on dynamic pricing:

Dynamic Pricing - the explanation.
It caused a bit of an uproar in the fan community because some of the tickets used dynamic prices, and some tickets hit $5,000. Did you know in advance about those price points and dynamic pricing, and do you have any regrets about that?
What I do is a very simple thing. I tell my guys, “Go out and see what everybody else is doing. Let’s charge a little less.” That’s generally the directions. They go out and set it up. For the past 49 years or however long we’ve been playing, we’ve pretty much been out there under market value. I’ve enjoyed that. It’s been great for the fans.
This time I told them, “Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.” So that’s what happened. That’s what they did [laughs].
But ticket buying has gotten very confusing, not just for the fans, but for the artists also. And the bottom line is that most of our tickets are totally affordable. They’re in that affordable range. We have those tickets that are going to go for that [higher] price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, “Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?”
It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans. But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 18, 2022 19:43

Topi
Springsteen's take on dynamic pricing:

Dynamic Pricing - the explanation.
It caused a bit of an uproar in the fan community because some of the tickets used dynamic prices, and some tickets hit $5,000. Did you know in advance about those price points and dynamic pricing, and do you have any regrets about that?
What I do is a very simple thing. I tell my guys, “Go out and see what everybody else is doing. Let’s charge a little less.” That’s generally the directions. They go out and set it up. For the past 49 years or however long we’ve been playing, we’ve pretty much been out there under market value. I’ve enjoyed that. It’s been great for the fans.
This time I told them, “Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.” So that’s what happened. That’s what they did [laughs].
But ticket buying has gotten very confusing, not just for the fans, but for the artists also. And the bottom line is that most of our tickets are totally affordable. They’re in that affordable range. We have those tickets that are going to go for that [higher] price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, “Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?”
It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans. But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.

Money back? Not without ticket insurance or without reselling, Boy, he knows even less about all of this than I do, it seems.

And, there wouldn't be resales if they went the Pearl Jam route or the Rage Against the Machine route. So that argument falls flat.

At least he finally addressed it himself.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home