Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 23:12

Topi
Tumlin73
Anybody think any more general tickets for Hyde park will come back on sale?

Most certainly. You don't sell out on day 1.

Look at what happened with the Stones shows in Hyde Park, tickets for all categories dropped along the way.

There's all kinds of time.

To be honest, I thought this would be the case.

Thanks.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 21, 2022 23:24

Music industry maven Bob Lefsetz weighs in:

The Springsteen Ticket Fracas

[lefsetz.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 21, 2022 23:42

bye bye johnny

[lefsetz.com]

Interesting opinions.

One flaw is he assumes, “You’re going to pay $500 (or x amount or whatever) anyway, wouldn’t you want the money to go to the artist?” That idea only applies to those who wait too long to buy tickets, not those that apply themselves. Buy when they go on sale and you don’t have to worry about the secondary market. It’s pretty simple. And, no, I’m not a reseller.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 22, 2022 00:12

Ticketmaster DOES NOT determine what a band charges much as you'd like to think your rock and roll heroes have your best interests in mind. As much as people like to beat up on Ticketmaster they are only providing a service priced in relation to what the (price determined BY THE ARTIST) ticket costs.

Apparently artists, management, venues and promoters sometimes have, and continue to, work in tandem to feed their own tickets to Ticketmaster resale where prices can be inflated and all involved increase their take accordingly. Why would Ticketmaster care? They make two sets of fees for each ticket that is sold in such a manner.

For decades it's been rumored that Springsteen is one of the most ruthless acts in the business structuring deals that allegedly take like 95% of the house based on a sell out, guaranteed. This leaves promoters, venues, et al, to make their nut with the last five percent based on a sell out. No sell out? Promoter loses money.

Still, at the end of day, if people will pay crazy money to see Bruce Springsteen then he is worth every penny he is charging.

Date: July 22, 2022 00:46

rbk
Ticketmaster DOES NOT determine what a band charges much as you'd like to think your rock and roll heroes have your best interests in mind. As much as people like to beat up on Ticketmaster they are only providing a service priced in relation to what the (price determined BY THE ARTIST) ticket costs.

Apparently artists, management, venues and promoters sometimes have, and continue to, work in tandem to feed their own tickets to Ticketmaster resale where prices can be inflated and all involved increase their take accordingly. Why would Ticketmaster care? They make two sets of fees for each ticket that is sold in such a manner.

For decades it's been rumored that Springsteen is one of the most ruthless acts in the business structuring deals that allegedly take like 95% of the house based on a sell out, guaranteed. This leaves promoters, venues, et al, to make their nut with the last five percent based on a sell out. No sell out? Promoter loses money.

Still, at the end of day, if people will pay crazy money to see Bruce Springsteen then he is worth every penny he is charging.

Totally understand supply and demand. How is a band like Rage Against the Machine or Pearl Jam able to charge $99 for every ticket in the house? How does that work?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 22, 2022 00:59

NashvilleBlues
rbk

Totally understand supply and demand. How is a band like Rage Against the Machine or Pearl Jam able to charge $99 for every ticket in the house? How does that work?

They use Humble Pie's 1974 lighting rig. Also many of their tickets can end up being scalped which is precisely what "dynamic pricing" seeks to curtail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 01:01 by rbk.

Date: July 22, 2022 01:11

rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk

They use Humble Pie's 1974 lighting rig. Also many of their tickets can end up being scalped which is precisely what "dynamic pricing" seeks to curtail.

Wrong about Pearl Jam. Check out their anti-reseller safeguards this tour. Almost impossible to resell. Believe it or not, they do cool things for their fans. Even with their “1974 Humble Pie lighting rig,” they could surely charge way more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 01:12 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 22, 2022 01:27

NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk

Wrong about Pearl Jam. Check out their anti-reseller safeguards this tour. Almost impossible to resell. Believe it or not, they do cool things for their fans. Even with their “1974 Humble Pie lighting rig,” they could surely charge way more.

Totally right - fair prices, fair access, many anti touting measures and first dibs for fab club (20 dollars a year for ten club). 130 quid for 2 nights golden circle at hp was outstanding value

Date: July 22, 2022 01:56

Bruce Springsteen does not care about you | Opinion

By Bobby Olivier
July 21, 2022

[www.nj.com]

Date: July 22, 2022 02:11

bye bye johnny
Bruce Springsteen does not care about you | Opinion

By Bobby Olivier
July 21, 2022

[www.nj.com]

That Pearl Jam statement about $1000 tickets could be misleading to some. From my estimate, less than 1% of the Nashville tickets were ever on the secondary market. The show had been postponed at least once and I guess a handful couldn’t find anyone to transfer them to at face value through their anti-resale policy. And yes, all of those secondary ones were/are high. Very high. But there are such a minuscule number, they make almost no impact.

One secondary market ticket currently available for Pearl Jam Nashville. Two for New York. All Canadian ones are face value. All of this is due to their anti-resale efforts. Very admirable. Don’t compare PJ to Bruce. Polar opposites on this pricing thing and anti-resale efforts or lack thereof. Talking to the article’s author, not you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 02:19 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:17

So I got the code this morning and on the notice it says to "shop for tickets visit" in the link they provide , and then for Tips it says to login to your "Ticketmaster account" ? So which one do I use ?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:47

TheGreek
So I got the code this morning and on the notice it says to "shop for tickets visit" in the link they provide , and then for Tips it says to login to your "Ticketmaster account" ? So which one do I use ?

Use the link, then sign in when you get there? The on sales are weird. Portland is going on sale today, Seattle isn't until next week.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:51

The Verified Fan sales are done through Ticketmaster so you'll have to sign in to your TM account (same email address that you used to register for Verified Fan)

You just use the link they sent you, and when searching/buying tickets it asks for the Verified Fan code, you enter it. The code is used to "unlock" the tickets, much like a presale code.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 14:24 by Topi.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 22, 2022 14:35

bye bye johnny

[lefsetz.com]

One of the most BS comments I have ever read in years. A typical example of once hippie now yuppie (except that he is not “young” anymore), so much so that his view is almost caricatural at that.

When Eric Clapton performed a series of five shows at the Budokan in Tokyo in 2016, the maximum price for the ticket was ¥13,500, much lower than that of the RAH and MSG around the same time. Asked about that in an interview, Mr. Tatsuo “Tack” Takahashi, CEO of Udo Artists who promoted the shows, answered — “Music is for the mind. I think everything has a fair price for it.” Way to go!

Date: July 22, 2022 14:48

crholmstrom
TheGreek

Use the link, then sign in when you get there? The on sales are weird. Portland is going on sale today, Seattle isn't until next week.
Thank You for your kind help -fingers crossed

Date: July 22, 2022 14:49

Topi
The Verified Fan sales are done through Ticketmaster so you'll have to sign in to your TM account (same email address that you used to register for Verified Fan)

You just use the link they sent you, and when searching/buying tickets it asks for the Verified Fan code, you enter it. The code is used to "unlock" the tickets, much like a presale code.
Thank You for your kind help -fingers crossed

Date: July 22, 2022 16:30

Good luck! Don't be duped by the Platinum prices! People have succeeded in getting face value tickets as well. For reference, GA Pit and the best seats are $399 + fees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 16:41 by Topi.

Date: July 22, 2022 17:17

My mind is completely and most pleasantly blown sky high as I just got my ducats in my chosen first level location $910 (2 ducats) Thank You Very Kindly for your most kind help . Tis really is Glory Days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 22, 2022 17:35

Good score, I imagine that's fees included?

Date: July 22, 2022 17:43

Music | Opinion

The Price of Music: Has Bruce Springsteen betrayed his fans with latest Ticketmaster fiasco?

Mick McStarkey
22nd Jul 2022

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Date: July 22, 2022 18:33

Topi
Good score, I imagine that's fees included?
Yup , roughly a hundred each . Ouch , but this had to happen and Thank God these were the regularly priced ones before they gouge . I was not going above 500 face .

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:00

The fact that you'd go anywhere near $500 face is the problem right there by the way.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:22

TheBluesHadaBaby
crholmstrom

...The last time I saw Bruce was the River tour a few years ago. Unreal good show. He played almost 4 hours with a lot of Darkness material in the non River portion. I have a hard time convincing myself that he's going to top that show....

By the time I saw "The River Tour" in Sep 2016 they'd burned out on playing The River and morphed it into The Pre-River Tour [www.setlist.fm]

Of the 32 songs -- yes, another almost 4 hr show -- 20 were from before The River, and only 2 songs (Hungry Heart and Out In The Street) were from The River itself.

We got SIX songs from Greetings From Asbury Park NJ, and another 4 from The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Which was fine with me. (Well, I had been hoping to hear Drive All Night again.) But most of those 10 from his first two albums I'd never heard live. Whereas I'd seen two shows during original River tour in 1980 and '81.

I'll do ya one better, Springsteen played Buffalo on 11/22/2009 and he played the entire "Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ" cover to cover, Christmas songs and a whole lot more:

Opening:

01 Wrecking Ball
(with Curt Ramm)
02 The Ties That Bind
03 Hungry Heart
04 Working on a Dream

Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J

05 Blinded by the Light
06 Growin' Up
07 Mary Queen of Arkansas
(First performance since 2002)
08 Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
09 Lost in the Flood
10 The Angel
(First performance since 1996)
11 For You
12 Spirit in the Night
13 It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City

14 Waitin' on a Sunny Day
15 The Promised Land
16 Restless Nights
(Live debut)
17 Happy Birthday to You
(Mildred J. Hill & Patty Hill cover)
18 Surprise, Surprise
19 Green Onions
(Booker T. & the MG’s cover)

Christmas Songs:

20 Merry Christmas, Baby
(Johnny Moore’s Three Blazers cover) (with Curt Ramm) (Tour debut, first time live since 2004)
21 Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
(Harry Reser and His Orchestra cover) (with Curt Ramm)

22 Hang Up My Rock & Roll Shoes
(Chuck Willis cover) (Sign request)
23 Boom Boom
(John Lee Hooker cover) (Sign request)
24 My Love Will Not Let You Down
25 Long Walk Home
26 The Rising
27 Born to Run
28 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
(with Curt Ramm) (Not on written setlist)

Encore:

29 I'll Work for Your Love
(Tour debut)
30 Thunder Road
31 American Land
(with Curt Ramm)
32 Dancing in the Dark
33 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
(with Curt Ramm)
34 (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
(Jackie Wilson cover) (with Curt Ramm) (also with Willie Nile)
35 Rockin' All Over the World
(John Fogerty cover)

Date: July 22, 2022 19:26

RollingFreak
The fact that you'd go anywhere near $500 face is the problem right there by the way.

You're writing this on a Stones forum! winking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:27

Topi
RollingFreak

Not when you get a complete album and a total of 35 songs.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 22, 2022 19:29

Topi
RollingFreak

Oh I'm aware! Its always been true!

Date: July 22, 2022 20:00

RollingFreak
I know and you are dead 1000% right , but this was and is a personal journey that I must complete from the last time in 2016 which I attended the Bruce and the E Street Band show (same venue ) and now this will come full circle . This is a cathartic and healing process for me . The best way to describe this without divulging personal details would be to say I fell down and now I will get up and resume the journey .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:00

TheGreek
RollingFreak
I know and you are dead 1000% right , but this was and is a personal journey that I must complete from the last time in 2016 which I attended the Bruce and the E Street Band show (same venue ) and now this will come full circle . This is a cathartic and healing process for me . The best way to describe this without divulging personal details would be to say I fell down and now I will get up and resume the journey .

Good on ya smileys with beer

I didn't get the verified option.. saved some $$ perhaps as I know I would have picked up a couple tix.. now not likely to.

What venue?

Date: July 23, 2022 19:42

Wild Bruce Springsteen Ticket Prices Calm Down, but ‘Dynamic Pricing’ Storm Isn’t Over

By Chris Willman
July 22, 2022

[variety.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:32

Bruce - one of the great actors of our generation.......... sad smiley

Acting like he cared about us.

Yeah, I camped out for tickets in 1984 and, yeah, I applied (and got selected) this go round. And yeah, I go pee during the political rants.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home