Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2022 17:10

+ The Eagles.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 20, 2022 17:16

NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny
Updating earlier post, Wells Fargo Center ticket prices are indeed $59.50 - $399.50

[wellsfargocenter.evenue.net]

Thanks. I can’t think of anyone other than The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney who charge that much for face value tickets. Am I missing someone?

Recently? The Who, Eagles, Clapton and Genesis for starters.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 20, 2022 18:14

Ouch! That being said I might go for tickets in the bottom 3 categories. Haven't decided. I have a week to make up my mind. That's a lot of baseball tickets.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 20, 2022 18:45

NashvilleBlues
Topi
Best of luck!

Just saw the pricing for Philly which may indicate US pricing across the board.

Floor GA (No Seat) $399.50
Floor Reserved Seat $399.50
Lower $399.50
Club $399.50
Floor Reserved Seat $299.50
Lower $299.50
Club $299.50
Lower $249.50
Club $249.50
Upper $249.50
Upper $199.50
Upper $149.50
Upper $129.50
Upper $99.50
Upper $59.50

Source: BTX

Say what you will about Pearl Jam, but ALL tickets on their current tour (apart from festivals) were $99. That is what a band that represents and respects the common man does.
Since the last tour in 2016 tickets have doubled as far as the top seats go ? I seem to remember paying $200 for first level in 2016 .

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:22

rbk
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny
Updating earlier post, Wells Fargo Center ticket prices are indeed $59.50 - $399.50

Thanks. I can’t think of anyone other than The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney who charge that much for face value tickets. Am I missing someone?

Really? Seven price levels $299 and above? Upper level seats for $249? Proof?

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:25

I got the Verified Fan approval but rethinking this plan entirely now that I see the prices.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:45

BFR
I got the Verified Fan approval but rethinking this plan entirely now that I see the prices.

Everybody got the code Everybody! TM and their BS….

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:57

Hyde park = 100 quid general admission (same as stones this year, Bruce’s gold circle cheaper at 220gbp give or take. Albeit this is a big field rather than an arena
I’m happy with my Paris tickets (La defense arena) 40k capacity, roofed venue and ‘gold’ lower tier seats 130gbp
Looking at those prices, I’d be passing in the states

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: July 20, 2022 20:30

More Hot Rocks
BFR

Everybody but me I guess.

Lots of disillusionment and angst on the BTX boards about ticket prices this morning. Who knew Springsteen was a capitalist after all?

I was considering a roadie to either Denver, Pacific NW, or Texas for a show given Bruce and ESB are passing on CA on initial leg. We’ll see how it goes…

Date: July 20, 2022 20:39

jmd
More Hot Rocks
BFR

Several pages worth of posts on BTX from people that didn't receive a code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 20:39 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 20, 2022 21:56

I don't know how the selection process works but I think it may have something to do with your billing zip code's proximity to the show in some cases (though I have been selected for some shows in New York and I live in Alabama). For Bruce, the emails made it sound like there might not even be a general sale. Even though I could drive to the Atlanta show and back same night if I needed to, something about these prices makes me not even want to make the effort.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2022 22:27

I am in Helsinki, Finland, nowhere near Seattle or Portland and I was verified for both (actually twice for Seattle).

And there is a general sale (started today at 3 PM) for what's left after the "verified" buyers have had the first dibs.

Looking at the Platinum prices they are trying to charge, it seems the best strategy here is to wait.

Date: July 20, 2022 22:29

BruceCo might want to take a page out of the Stones ticket playbook and offer Lucky (Town) Dips.

Date: July 20, 2022 22:46

Date: July 21, 2022 00:57

NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

$300 to $500 as the previous poster referred regarding Springsteen prices. JFC, relax.

Date: July 21, 2022 02:07

rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

$300 to $500 as the previous poster referred regarding Springsteen prices. JFC, relax.

Huh? I asked for proof that those artists had ticket prices that steep and that is your response. So you have no proof? Got it!

Date: July 21, 2022 02:31

Springsteen fans furious as ticket prices skyrocket to $4K on Ticketmaster

Bobby Olivier
July 20, 2022

[www.nj.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 03:03

It’d be awesome if everyone boycotted all these exuberant prices and then the artists would be forced to lower their prices. Of course that’ll never happen.

Date: July 21, 2022 03:40

VoodooLounge13
It’d be awesome if everyone boycotted all these exuberant prices and then the artists would be forced to lower their prices. Of course that’ll never happen.

If fans could cooperate on that level, it would be interesting to see how it'd pan out.

Springsteen tickets aren’t shocking to me at the high end of $399, but the fact that there are 10 price levels $249 and up. Upper level tickets are as high as $249 and maybe higher due to dynamic pricing from Ticketmaster. This is face value. Before fees.

Many artists charge a lot for close seats, understandably, but after a price tier or 2 you’re in the $100 range. For Bruce, 13 of the 15 price ranges are at least $129. I know he’s not most artists, but he’s not The Stones. My $92 Roger Waters ticket would be $399 if it were a Bruce ticket. That is out of whack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 03:44 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2022 03:52

bye bye johnny
jmd
More Hot Rocks
BFR

The code will be sent the day before the tickets go on sale. Check if there is a confirmation email. The 5 friends of my that submitted all got the same email including me. If you didn’t then I was wrong. Hope you did

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: July 21, 2022 04:47

More Hot Rocks
bye bye johnny
jmd
More Hot Rocks
BFR

The code will be sent the day before the tickets go on sale. Check if there is a confirmation email. The 5 friends of my that submitted all got the same email including me. If you didn’t then I was wrong. Hope you did

Yes, I know the drill. Received a generic “you’re on the waiting list” email as opposed to the “Verified Fan” email with the code. Not sure whether that applies only to Denver (the one venue I specified that had an on-sale date today) or all five venues I selected. Guess we’ll see.

Regardless, plenty of time between now and tour start in 7 months for drops and softer prices…

Date: July 21, 2022 06:06

NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

Huh? I asked for proof that those artists had ticket prices that steep and that is your response. So you have no proof? Got it!

You’re welcome to check Ticketmaster yourself. All but Genesis are still on sale. Good grief.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 21, 2022 13:30

Booked tickets for Edinburgh and Birmingham this morning. Both £65, the cheapest category — £73.10 and £79.20, respectively, including charges. The opposite stands of the stage, up the rafters. I’m not an FOS person.

Also considering the BST Hyde Park dates depending on the lineups which will be announced in the future.

Date: July 21, 2022 13:47

rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
rbk
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

You’re welcome to check Ticketmaster yourself. All but Genesis are still on sale. Good grief.

Really? You make the claim then tell me to do the research?

You asked for it. Here you go:
The Who: Face value floor tickets can be had for $150-200 (Detroit) while Bruce floor tickets are $399. Not even close.
Clapton: Similar to Bruce. Good call.
Eagles: Yikes! Also similar to Bruce. Another good call.
2/3 ain’t bad! My apologies. I am officially out of touch. Haha!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 15:25 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: July 21, 2022 14:22

Got a pair of tix for the Hyde Park Saturday show.

So it's gonna be a four-show run of Hyde Park #2 - Copenhagen - Copenhagen - Hamburg for me.

That's enough, I won't be going to the US at those prices.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 17:40

Anybody think any more general tickets for Hyde park will come back on sale?

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: July 21, 2022 17:42

Bruce Springsteen fans experience sticker shock over 2023 U.S. tour tickets cost

By Chris Jordan
July 20, 2022

[www.app.com]

--

Bruce Springsteen Fans Furious at Ticket Prices Going as High as $4-5K, Due to Ticketmaster’s ‘Dynamic Pricing’

By Chris Willman
July 20, 2022

[variety.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 21, 2022 20:04

Wow oh my goodness what has happened ? What a challenging process ? First to sign up to get "Verified" -check, next to get the invite that I will maybe get a code -check. Next I thought fingers crossed that I get a code tonight ? So I thought that would be the end of the challenge -wrong ! Dynamic Pricing - Don't you just love this concert entertainment industry ? At first I thought that was a big money grab to double the cost of his tickets . I was wrong as that's just the proverbial hook to get you lathered up to open your wallet up . As hey it's been 7 long years since I have been around with E-Street Band . Now I fully understand why TM or should I say TB has to give up more codes as a lot of folks will just throw there arms up and walk away from prices like this and Dynamic Pricing . Got to give TB a shout out as just when I thought I had seen all there plays from there most evil Playbook they called on audible at the line of scrimmage with the refs gun .

Date: July 21, 2022 20:21

TheGreek
Wow oh my goodness what has happened ? What a challenging process ? First to sign up to get "Verified" -check, next to get the invite that I will maybe get a code -check. Next I thought fingers crossed that I get a code tonight ? So I thought that would be the end of the challenge -wrong ! Dynamic Pricing - Don't you just love this concert entertainment industry ? At first I thought that was a big money grab to double the cost of his tickets . I was wrong as that's just the proverbial hook to get you lathered up to open your wallet up . As hey it's been 7 long years since I have been around with E-Street Band . Now I fully understand why TM or should I say TB has to give up more codes as a lot of folks will just throw there arms up and walk away from prices like this and Dynamic Pricing . Got to give TB a shout out as just when I thought I had seen all there plays from there most evil Playbook they called on audible at the line of scrimmage with the refs gun .

Unfortunately they’re an unbeatable monster (partly because fans won’t stop buying overpriced tickets). Pearl Jam couldn’t tour without TM and they tried. Even went to Congress. Anti-trust suits didn’t take them down (but we got a few $2.25 vouchers, we could only use 1 per show). The pandemic didn’t stop TM. They’re undoubtedly a monopoly. TM is a big, gross beast. No shame. A dollar at any cost. Supply and demand at its most cunning. Dynamic pricing is the epitome of squeezing out every penny at any cost. There used to be something called business ethics. TM doesn’t have to make you happy because they’re too big to fail.

Date: July 21, 2022 20:27

Tumlin73
Anybody think any more general tickets for Hyde park will come back on sale?

Most certainly. You don't sell out on day 1.

Look at what happened with the Stones shows in Hyde Park, tickets for all categories dropped along the way.

There's all kinds of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 20:36 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home