Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2022 19:26

crholmstrom
TheGreek
crholmstrom
Dan
BFR
Dan
TheGreek
Does it get any better than this ?

It only gets worse. Has anyone here actually tried verified fan?

I successfully purchased Harry Styles tickets at MSG through Verified Fan, though the buying process wasn't any better than a regular TicketBastard sale. Could be because the demand was off the charts (he originally had 10 shows slotted for MSG, then added 5 more after the first 10 sold out).

I signed up for Atlanta tickets. Happy that it's on a Friday night.

I only got chosen once, ever, but then I have been known to violate the terms of service.

I've used verified tickets & have done ok. Most memorably for Pearl Jam the last time they played Seattle. Got the tickets I wanted without any trouble. The demand for those 2 shows was insane. I picked night 2 & that was the right one for me.
So are the ticket prices jacked up like on a secondary site such as Stubhub ?

No, they are the normal prices. The last time I saw Bruce was the River tour a few years ago. Unreal good show. He played almost 4 hours with a lot of Darkness material in the non River portion. I have a hard time convincing myself that he's going to top that show. That's why I'm hesitating on this time around. Fixed income & all that.
I hear you and know the ducats will be at least 2 Benjamins

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:39

UK Dates 2023

[www.livenation.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 11:40 by Mirko.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 14, 2022 16:37

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 17:04

Are Hyde Park concerts a regularity in London? It seems that they have a summer concert series, is that correct? For how many years has this existed? For some reason, when the Stones played originally, and then again for their 2nd appearance, I thought that these shows were exceptions. Now everyone seems to play the Park.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 14, 2022 17:05

crholmstrom

...The last time I saw Bruce was the River tour a few years ago. Unreal good show. He played almost 4 hours with a lot of Darkness material in the non River portion. I have a hard time convincing myself that he's going to top that show....

By the time I saw "The River Tour" in Sep 2016 they'd burned out on playing The River and morphed it into The Pre-River Tour [www.setlist.fm]

Of the 32 songs -- yes, another almost 4 hr show -- 20 were from before The River, and only 2 songs (Hungry Heart and Out In The Street) were from The River itself.

We got SIX songs from Greetings From Asbury Park NJ, and another 4 from The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Which was fine with me. (Well, I had been hoping to hear Drive All Night again.) But most of those 10 from his first two albums I'd never heard live. Whereas I'd seen two shows during original River tour in 1980 and '81.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: July 14, 2022 17:12

I am signed up for 2 shows . Fingers crossed big time !

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 14, 2022 17:20

VoodooLounge13
Are Hyde Park concerts a regularity in London? It seems that they have a summer concert series, is that correct? For how many years has this existed? For some reason, when the Stones played originally, and then again for their 2nd appearance, I thought that these shows were exceptions. Now everyone seems to play the Park.

Yes - maybe 10 or so I think - usually 4 weekends fri-sun night tho looks like Bruce doing a Thu

Date: July 14, 2022 17:36

BST Hyde Park started in 2013.

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 14, 2022 19:39

yorkshirestone
VoodooLounge13

Yes - maybe 10 or so I think - usually 4 weekends fri-sun night tho looks like Bruce doing a Thu

used to be 2 weekends but this year 3. Maybe two or three for 2023.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 15, 2022 14:44

Bruce headlining BST next year was a no-brainer.

Date: July 15, 2022 14:45

bye bye johnny
BST Hyde Park started in 2013.

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

And in 2006-2012, there was "Hard Rock Calling" in Hyde Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 14:46 by Topi.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 14:55

Does anyone know if you can buy family tickets (1 adult plus 1 kid under 9) for the Gold circle in Hyde Park??

Date: July 15, 2022 17:04

The family ticket description only mentions GA.

General Admission entry through the main entrance
• Access to an extensive range of bars, food traders and toilets in the main arena
• Family Tickets are sold in pairs (one ticket permitting entry to one guardian aged 18 or over and one ticket permitting entry to one child aged 2-9yrs).
• Please note: children under the age of 2 will be admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket. All children aged 2 and over must have their own ticket.

It probably can't hurt to reach out to BST and ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 17:05 by Topi.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:03

Roll73
Does anyone know if you can buy family tickets (1 adult plus 1 kid under 9) for the Gold circle in Hyde Park??

In the past the "deal" was for GA only.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:07

I live in New Jersey but I don't care for Bruce Springsteen's music.
Is that wrong?

Don't even get me started about Jon Bon Jovi.
I nearly puked recently when I was driving south on the Garden State Parkway and saw that they actually renamed the well-known Cheesequake Rest Area. It's now the "Bon Jovi Rest Area" ! Ridiculous.

At least Bruce turned down the offer to hang his name on a rest area:
[www.msn.com]

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 15, 2022 20:33

schillid
I live in New Jersey but I don't care for Bruce Springsteen's music.
Is that wrong?

No. And -- as yet --still not encoded in NJ state law that you must be a Bruce fan to remain a resident there.

I get that he doesn't fit every rock fan's tastes. Too much the over-earnest romantic, he strikes many as self-important as an artist, and cheesy.

If any of us shared our top-ten list of favorite bands or acts, we'd all find several on the other person's list that we're either totally indifferent to, or even outright dislike.

schillid
Don't even get me started about Jon Bon Jovi.
I nearly puked recently when I was driving south on the Garden State Parkway and saw that they actually renamed the well-known Cheesequake Rest Area. It's now the "Bon Jovi Rest Area" ! Ridiculous.

There's a good example right there. I have the same reaction to Bon Jovi that you do. But many people love him.

Every time he gets mentioned along with Sinatra and Springsteen as part of some holy trinity of Jersey musicians it makes my skin crawl.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: July 20, 2022 04:45

Are the US Spring 2023 concerts General Admission Floor?

Or does it depend.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 07:14

TheBluesHadaBaby
crholmstrom

...The last time I saw Bruce was the River tour a few years ago. Unreal good show. He played almost 4 hours with a lot of Darkness material in the non River portion. I have a hard time convincing myself that he's going to top that show....

By the time I saw "The River Tour" in Sep 2016 they'd burned out on playing The River and morphed it into The Pre-River Tour [www.setlist.fm]

Of the 32 songs -- yes, another almost 4 hr show -- 20 were from before The River, and only 2 songs (Hungry Heart and Out In The Street) were from The River itself.

We got SIX songs from Greetings From Asbury Park NJ, and another 4 from The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Which was fine with me. (Well, I had been hoping to hear Drive All Night again.) But most of those 10 from his first two albums I'd never heard live. Whereas I'd seen two shows during original River tour in 1980 and '81.

Oh man I woulda loved to have heard 6 songs from Greetings!!! That’s still one of my very favorite albums of his!! Possibly Top 3 even. Not sure.

Date: July 20, 2022 11:37

Got verified for Seattle (twice, actually, with two different addresses) and Portland.

Thing is though, since Hyde Park was announced I might be abandoning my USA arena show plans and just do the 2nd Hyde Park - Copenhagen - Copenhagen - Hamburg, four consecutive shows.

Date: July 20, 2022 13:26

So I got chosen in the Verified Fan thing . My question is do some folks that get the code not necessarily wind up getting tickets ? As do they give out more codes that exceed the seating capacity ?

Date: July 20, 2022 14:03

I don't think they give out more codes than the capacity for a given show is, but the code really just gives you a chance to try buying - it does not guarantee you tickets (much less the exact tickets you want)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 14:03 by Topi.

Date: July 20, 2022 14:58

Topi
I don't think they give out more codes than the capacity for a given show is, but the code really just gives you a chance to try buying - it does not guarantee you tickets (much less the exact tickets you want)
Thank You for the info . Fingers crossed .

Date: July 20, 2022 15:07

Best of luck!

Just saw the pricing for Philly which may indicate US pricing across the board.

Floor GA (No Seat) $399.50
Floor Reserved Seat $399.50
Lower $399.50
Club $399.50
Floor Reserved Seat $299.50
Lower $299.50
Club $299.50
Lower $249.50
Club $249.50
Upper $249.50
Upper $199.50
Upper $149.50
Upper $129.50
Upper $99.50
Upper $59.50

Source: BTX

Date: July 20, 2022 15:20

Bruce Springsteen tickets for 2023 tour go on sale Wednesday, but their cost is a mystery

Chris Jordan
July 19, 2022

[www.app.com]

Date: July 20, 2022 15:31

Topi

No ticket prices are listed on the venue website:
[wellsfargocenter.evenue.net]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:37

bye bye johnny
Topi

No ticket prices are listed on the venue website:

The guy that posted the prices above has some kind of Wells Fargo Center "Premium" membership (notice the highlighted gold lettering at the bottom)that allowed him to see the the ticket prices. He copied and pasted that page but us plebeians can't get to it through the normal links.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:47

Topi
Best of luck!

Lower $399.50
Club $399.50
Lower $299.50
Club $299.50
Lower $249.50
Club $249.50
Upper $249.50
Upper $199.50
Upper $149.50
Upper $129.50
Upper $99.50
Upper $59.50

Say what you will about Pearl Jam, but ALL tickets on their current tour (apart from festivals) were $99. That is what a band that represents and respects the common man does.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:51

NashvilleBlues
Topi
Best of luck!

Lower $399.50
Club $399.50
Lower $299.50
Club $299.50
Lower $249.50
Club $249.50
Upper $249.50
Upper $199.50
Upper $149.50
Upper $129.50
Upper $99.50
Upper $59.50

Say what you will about Pearl Jam, but ALL tickets on their current tour (apart from festivals) were $99. That is what a band that represents and respects the common man does.

They also employ the the equivalent of Humble Pie's 1974 lighting rig. That said, Bruce IS indeed a hypocrite.

Date: July 20, 2022 15:58

Updating earlier post, Wells Fargo Center ticket prices are indeed $59.50 - $399.50

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 20, 2022 17:02

bye bye johnny
Updating earlier post, Wells Fargo Center ticket prices are indeed $59.50 - $399.50

Thanks. I can’t think of anyone other than The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney who charge that much for face value tickets. Am I missing someone?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home