Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: June 30, 2021 00:12

jbwelda
FredStones
daspyknows
coffeepotman
I saw the anti-vax protesters outside the theater and all I thought was oh boo-hoo for you. You poor pathetic, delusional people. You have every right in the world not go get vacinated, and you know what I hope you don't. Keep screaming until Covid gets you and then when you are on your death bed you can wear your MAGA hat and pray to Trump.

Someone with Covid needs to cough on these idiots.

Cough on me and watch what happens to you

You start to cry and beg for your mommy to stop the mean man?

jb

HA HA HA HA!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 30, 2021 05:51

Thanks, bye bye johnny for your articles, and bakersfield for your reaction to the Netflix show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: June 30, 2021 07:36

You are welcome Angee smiling smiley

I like by your well-timed post, and I hope the mud-slingers see your point but I wouldn't bet on it. Last time I commented on the rudeness and silly conflict on a forum (it was either IORR or Backstreets) I was sarcastically asked if I needed a tissue, as if common decency was a weakness, lol.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 30, 2021 10:24

Oh, Backstreets is a tough crowd. Hostile, even, at times. I find IORR much more civilized winking smiley

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 30, 2021 14:38

Jon Landau On Bruce Springsteen's Return To Broadway: 'The Show Feels New, Even More Profound'

by Andy Gensler
June 29, 2021

[www.pollstar.com]

Date: July 1, 2021 17:13

Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon to perform at Clive Davis’ Central Park Concert

By Carlos Greer
June 30, 2021

Clive Davis has snagged Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon as headliners for Mayor Bill de Blasio’s post-COVID Central Park concert, Page Six has learned.

“Bruce will do a duet with Patti Smith,” an insider added, “Jennifer Hudson is also slated [to hit the stage].”

The concert — which is intended to celebrate New York City’s revival after the COVID-19 lockdowns — is set to take place on the Great Lawn on Aug. 21.

We’ve also learned that it will air on CNN. Davis — who is helping to produce the event — has previously said that eight “iconic” stars will perform a three-hour show to a crowd of 60,000.

“There will likely be … a sizeable percentage [of] artists of color. It’s likely going to be a four-hour show now,” the insider said.

Multiple sources told Page Six that Diana Ross had been approached in hopes of her repeating her iconic 1983 concert in Central Park, but she is not performing again until 2022. The diva is set to tour the UK and headline the Glastonbury Festival next summer.

Paul Simon, of course, also had an iconic concert at Central Park with Art Garfunkel in 1981.

Meanwhile, another source told us some celebrities were “a little uncomfortable” after they found out Davis had briefly hired Erich Bergen to handle the mega-concert. Bergen was sued in May for allegedly jeopardizing the “AIDS Walk: Live at Home” virtual telecast by holding a video he produced of honoree Sir Elton John’s acceptance speech “hostage.” A rep for the “Madame Secretary” actor — who’s also a video producer — told Page Six it was a “lie” at the time, but apparently, he’s still being buzzed about in the industry.

“Everyone [was] dealing with Erich … Celebrities [were] talking to Eric and getting emails from him. No one knows him. All they know is the Elton story,” the source said.

The insider confirmed that Bergen had been involved after helping Davis with his Grammy Zoom parties earlier this year. “One kind of led to the other,” they said. But now he’s been bumped from the project and “more major players are running it now” like Dick Clark Productions vet Patrick Menton and Live Nation.

Reps for Davis and the mayor’s office did not immediately get back to us.

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 1, 2021 17:51

>> “There will likely be … a sizeable percentage [of] artists of color. It’s likely going to be a four-hour show now,” the insider said.<<

Likely?

Is it necessary to say this?

Presumably "artists of color" means African-American musicians.

As if any event like this that did not include a "sizeable percentage" of African-American musicians wouldn't totally suck.

As if you don't end up with whatever the insider considers a sizeable percentage by picking the best artists and bands. No effort is necessary.

On the other hand, we will see how much Latino music, reggae, Afro-pop Asian music, etc. will be included, from artists of other colors.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 1, 2021 21:15

I'd like to see Springsteen and Simon kicked off the ticket.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 1, 2021 21:33

bye bye johnny
Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon to perform at Clive Davis’ Central Park Concert

By Carlos Greer
June 30, 2021

Clive Davis has snagged Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon as headliners for Mayor Bill de Blasio’s post-COVID Central Park concert, Page Six has learned.

“Bruce will do a duet with Patti Smith,” an insider added, “Jennifer Hudson is also slated [to hit the stage].”

The concert — which is intended to celebrate New York City’s revival after the COVID-19 lockdowns — is set to take place on the Great Lawn on Aug. 21.

We’ve also learned that it will air on CNN. Davis — who is helping to produce the event — has previously said that eight “iconic” stars will perform a three-hour show to a crowd of 60,000.

“There will likely be … a sizeable percentage [of] artists of color. It’s likely going to be a four-hour show now,” the insider said.

Multiple sources told Page Six that Diana Ross had been approached in hopes of her repeating her iconic 1983 concert in Central Park, but she is not performing again until 2022. The diva is set to tour the UK and headline the Glastonbury Festival next summer.

Paul Simon, of course, also had an iconic concert at Central Park with Art Garfunkel in 1981.

Meanwhile, another source told us some celebrities were “a little uncomfortable” after they found out Davis had briefly hired Erich Bergen to handle the mega-concert. Bergen was sued in May for allegedly jeopardizing the “AIDS Walk: Live at Home” virtual telecast by holding a video he produced of honoree Sir Elton John’s acceptance speech “hostage.” A rep for the “Madame Secretary” actor — who’s also a video producer — told Page Six it was a “lie” at the time, but apparently, he’s still being buzzed about in the industry.

“Everyone [was] dealing with Erich … Celebrities [were] talking to Eric and getting emails from him. No one knows him. All they know is the Elton story,” the source said.

The insider confirmed that Bergen had been involved after helping Davis with his Grammy Zoom parties earlier this year. “One kind of led to the other,” they said. But now he’s been bumped from the project and “more major players are running it now” like Dick Clark Productions vet Patrick Menton and Live Nation.

Reps for Davis and the mayor’s office did not immediately get back to us.

[pagesix.com]

African-Americans constitute about 12% of the total US population so having 1 out the 8 acts (Jennifer Hudson) representing that minority group should be sufficient for the racial quota for this event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-01 22:15 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 1, 2021 21:49

"Exclusive" posted by Roger Friedman of Showbiz411 has Santana performing with Rob Thomas:

[www.showbiz411.com]

Friedman also takes a swipe at Page Six:

[www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 1, 2021 21:52

Racial quotas for concerts wtf is that about.What is wrong with just having the best musicians you can get regardless of skin colour.
What’s next a percentage of the acts must consist of a man that has breast implants and calls himself a woman.

I only wish there were a hell to go to for the idiots that dream this stuff up.

Nate

Date: July 1, 2021 22:06

NYC mayor Bill de Blasio confirms Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon and Jennifer Hudson:

Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson Set for Central Park ‘Homecoming’

Paul Simon will also perform at this summer’s concert on the Great Lawn as part of a weeklong celebration of the city’s reopening.

By Ben Sisario
July 1, 2021

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: July 2, 2021 03:52

Patti Hansen and Jane Rose, June 30:

It was thrilling being back on Broadway last night seeing @springsteen. The show was magnificent and he is such an amazing storyteller. It was great to see him bring his book to life. Of course seeing my dear friend @michaelkors was another highlight and being with my dinner and show date Jane Rose. I love NYC and can’t wait for more.

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-02 03:54 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 7, 2021 02:33

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 7, 2021 04:01

Another Famous Name at the Olympics: Springsteen

Jessica Springsteen, the daughter of Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, is ranked 27th in the world in show jumping and has a good chance to win a medal at the Tokyo Olympics.

Kent Farrington, Laura Kraut and McLain Ward were named to the American show jumping team for the equestrian events at the Tokyo Olympics.

The announcement of the team on Monday drew special interest on social media. Perhaps that was because of the team’s fourth member: Jessica Springsteen.

Farrington, Kraut and Ward have impeccable jumping credentials. All three have gone to the Olympics before, and Ward has won two gold medals. None of them, however, has a parent who recorded “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.”

Springsteen has achieved quite a bit in her sport at age 29, young by equestrian standards. Two of her teammates are in their 40s, and Kraut is in her 50s.
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: July 13, 2021 22:38

Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon both vying to close Central Park concert

By Nick Gostin
July 12,2021

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 18:42

For once Bruce needs to bow to his elder statesmen.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 15, 2021 19:37

Paul Simon could close any concert his music is as thrilling as a sock.

Nate

Date: July 15, 2021 20:10

Completely disagree, and he's already done the Concert in the Park twice.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 19:26

Highway to Hell with Tom Morello, Bruce Springsteen & Eddie Vedder :

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 19:28 by Massimo68.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 5, 2021 00:16

Bruce should just let Simon have it, that way he can leave after his own set and not have to listen to Paul Simon. Win-Win baby.

jb

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 5, 2021 13:25

I am personally put off by all the covid sniping here. I think it's inappropriate personally and reveals an attack ugliness that is better left to the sewer of weaponized Social Media than a rock and roll fan site. Just my feeling. Pretty ugly stuff. I'm surprised Any of it's here.
You get a Doctor who you trust is my feeling regarding this
As far as Bruce, I never listen which was a tough crucible for me. From Born to Run through the Next ten years at least, which is a startling major accomplishment in writing and even Guitar playing on his solo Lucky Town band tours...
So I was a huge fan and admirer. His politics and Anti depressant pushing on CBS and Etc.
I can't listen to anything by him.
And won't. Black Crowes carrying the rock and roll this Summer imo. I hope everybody stays well or gets well soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 13:27 by hopkins.

Date: August 5, 2021 16:58

hopkins
I am personally put off by all the covid sniping here. I think it's inappropriate personally and reveals an attack ugliness that is better left to the sewer of weaponized Social Media than a rock and roll fan site. Just my feeling. Pretty ugly stuff. I'm surprised Any of it's here.
You get a Doctor who you trust is my feeling regarding this
As far as Bruce, I never listen which was a tough crucible for me. From Born to Run through the Next ten years at least, which is a startling major accomplishment in writing and even Guitar playing on his solo Lucky Town band tours...
So I was a huge fan and admirer. His politics and Anti depressant pushing on CBS and Etc.
I can't listen to anything by him.
And won't. Black Crowes carrying the rock and roll this Summer imo. I hope everybody stays well or gets well soon.

The Robinson Brothers perhaps, but the Black Crowes it ain't...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 22, 2021 23:46

Saw the show, excellent mix of words and music.

I finally "get" the guy, not a big fan before.

I was in the fourth row, and lucked out with an empty seat in front of me.
For most all of it, the house (St. James Theater) stayed quiet when Bruce
sang or talked, reacting with laughter or applause when appropriate.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 11, 2021 21:46

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 11, 2021 23:20

bye bye johnny
(Springsteen playing today)

Thanks for posting that.

Date: September 30, 2021 00:11

Date: September 30, 2021 17:41

bye bye johnny

Absolutely LOVE this!! But is it just me or is Bruce looking much different lately? Like he's lost weight, and has gone thru some sort of battle. He doesn't quite look the same, something about his head seems very different.

Date: October 26, 2021 15:31

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 26, 2021 16:10

Rumors on some Springsteen fan sites saying next year's tour could get announced as early as this Thursday.

We'll see.

Dang, 2022 is going to be a busy concert year!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home