Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:27

TornAndFried
I wonder if Bruce will do the exact same show he was doing before? (the one filmed for Netflix). He will likely extend this engagement to December and possibly into the winter. It's a huge money maker. The first run of 236 shows grossed $115 million. With limited production costs most of that goes directly to him. He's planning to tour with the E Street Band in spring/summer 2022.

Most likely the same cookie-cutter performance. I mean, it's ready, just fire up the teleprompter! winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2021 21:45

TornAndFried
I wonder if Bruce will do the exact same show he was doing before? (the one filmed for Netflix). He will likely extend this engagement to December and possibly into the winter. It's a huge money maker. The first run of 236 shows grossed $115 million. With limited production costs most of that goes directly to him. He's planning to tour with the E Street Band in spring/summer 2022.
Why wouldn't he ? Easy money and he is close to home as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 21:07 by TheGreek.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 01:36

I can see Bruce playing the Central Park show in August with the E St. Band. Probably people like Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Paul Simon too.

Date: June 9, 2021 11:16

TheGreek
TornAndFried
Why wouldn't he ? Easy money and he is close to him as well

It's the easiest money for him like ever. Rumor had it that the Walter Kerr Theatre didn't even charge him rent during the first run.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 9, 2021 12:37

Topi
TornAndFried

Most likely the same cookie-cutter performance. I mean, it's ready, just fire up the teleprompter! winking smiley

Like Mick does?

Date: June 9, 2021 13:30

Yeah, I suppose! winking smiley

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Bruce (seen him 22 x) and I loved the Broadway performance (went in November 2017). Was just pointing out that it's scripted and for obvious reasons (time) he keeps to the script.

And yeah, he delivers it pretty well.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 9, 2021 17:23

TornAndFried
He will likely extend this engagement to December and possibly into the winter. It's a huge money maker. The first run of 236 shows grossed $115 million. With limited production costs most of that goes directly to him.

St. James Theater has nearly twice the capacity of the Walter Kerr Theater, which housed the original run.

Date: June 9, 2021 21:08

Topi
TheGreek
TornAndFried
Why wouldn't he ? Easy money and he is close to him as well

It's the easiest money for him like ever. Rumor had it that the Walter Kerr Theatre didn't even charge him rent during the first run.
wow that just makes me want to hurl chunks

Date: June 9, 2021 21:09

Topi
Yeah, I suppose! winking smiley

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Bruce (seen him 22 x) and I loved the Broadway performance (went in November 2017). Was just pointing out that it's scripted and for obvious reasons (time) he keeps to the script.

And yeah, he delivers it pretty well.
It's an hour and a half show ?

Date: June 9, 2021 21:33

From the FAQ:

The show runs approximately 2 hours 20 minutes. There is no intermission.

[www.jujamcyn.com]

Date: June 10, 2021 16:15

Proof of US FDA approved vaccine is required upon entry on Springsteen on Broadway.

Good luck everybody hunting tickets today!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:50

He couldn't get Dino Danelli.
Just sayin.
Garfield.
NORTH Jersey
The BOSS?
Eddie Brigati

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: June 10, 2021 17:52

hopkins
He couldn't get Dino Danelli.

But Steven Van Zandt could.

Date: June 10, 2021 18:20

Bruce apparently was on E Street Radio this morning.

Said the Broadway Show will be pretty much the same, slight changes, tighten it up. He has not rehearsed yet. Will look at the script soon.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 10, 2021 21:51

Scored a ticket. Going. August. Haven't been near NYC since I moved west about six years ago.
Anyone else?

What did you enjoy most about the show, Topi?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 22:19

Topi
Bruce apparently was on E Street Radio this morning.

Said the Broadway Show will be pretty much the same, slight changes, tighten it up. He has not rehearsed yet. Will look at the script soon.

Topi, I didn't hear it on E Street Radio but read on BTX that he had to be asked by his manager, the theater producer, and close friends to bring it back before he finally agreed.

I'm a huge Springsteen fan and get the sense that once he moves past a chapter in his career, he doesn't like to go backwards. At least that's always how I've seen it.

That being said, after being stuck inside for 1.5 years, this is a chance to get out and play to audiences and I'd bet he has considered the job creation aspect too in terms of helping bring back work to that corridor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 22:20 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: June 10, 2021 22:23

Yes - and it's easier for him to come back on stage this way.

Date: June 10, 2021 22:26

angee
Scored a ticket. Going. August. Haven't been near NYC since I moved west about six years ago.
Anyone else?

Congratulations!

I guess the best part was the intimacy (I happened to be 2nd row, corner right near his piano!). It's basically his life story. Again, he tells it really well. Did you read his autobiography?

Date: June 10, 2021 23:05

Listened to Bruce's call to Jim Rotolo on SiriusXM's Live From E Street Nation:

Besides the upcoming Broadway run, he talked about "something" being released in the Fall - but not a new album.

Also said he guested on three tracks with John Mellencamp for JM's next album, along with a song with Brandon Flowers of The Killers that should be out next week.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 23:35

bye bye johnny
Listened to Bruce's call to Jim Rotolo on SiriusXM's Live From E Street Nation:

Besides the upcoming Broadway run, he talked about "something" being released in the Fall - but not a new album.

Also said he guested on three tracks with John Mellencamp for JM's next album, along with a song with Brandon Flowers of The Killers that should be out next week.

Hopefully Tracks 2, with an E Street tour to support Letter to You in 2022.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2021 00:27

Topi
angee
Anyone else?

Congratulations!

I guess the best part was the intimacy (I happened to be 2nd row, corner right near his piano!). It's basically his life story. Again, he tells it really well. Did you read his autobiography?

Topi, nice!
I am in the fifth row on the left.

I only read part of his autobiography.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 00:28 by angee.

Date: June 11, 2021 06:46

Well, the Broadway performance obviously is largely based on the autobiography.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 07:30

I saw the show 3x on Broadway. I loved hearing him talk, tell stories but it was insanely emotional to see him in such an intimate setting. You could hear a pin drop at times and other times it rocked. Like a revival, man. I absolutely loved it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2021 08:15

VoodooLounge13
stickyfingers101
bye bye johnny
Full vaccination required for Springsteen On Broadway

[www.jujamcyn.com]

or a fake-Vax card that says you are....same, same.

how does one get one? I find it appalling that our HIPA rights are being so violated.

It's private, not what HIPAA is for. Your PHI is their business in regard to a show. If you feel appalled or violated then don't buy a ticket, don't go and be the emptiness that allows vaxxed people to go. Or get vaxxed and get on with it, bigger picture and all that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 18:26

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
stickyfingers101
bye bye johnny
Full vaccination required for Springsteen On Broadway

[www.jujamcyn.com]

or a fake-Vax card that says you are....same, same.

how does one get one? I find it appalling that our HIPA rights are being so violated.

It's private, not what HIPAA is for. Your PHI is their business in regard to a show. If you feel appalled or violated then don't buy a ticket, don't go and be the emptiness that allows vaxxed people to go. Or get vaxxed and get on with it, bigger picture and all that.

Diagree all around GasLight. Whether one is vaccinated or not, is NO ONE's business, and treating those who CHOOSE not to get vaccinated because one actually questions the authenticity of a vaccine so quickly rushed to the market without proper testing for side effects like common criminals and alienating those same people is a violation of civil liberties and rights. This is going to lead to much bigger problems. And those who think it's OK are probably also the same ones who think radically about 90% of the rest of the sh-- going on in the US these days.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 11, 2021 18:52

VoodooLounge13

Diagree all around GasLight. Whether one is vaccinated or not, is NO ONE's business, and treating those who CHOOSE not to get vaccinated because one actually questions the authenticity of a vaccine so quickly rushed to the market without proper testing for side effects like common criminals and alienating those same people is a violation of civil liberties and rights. This is going to lead to much bigger problems. And those who think it's OK are probably also the same ones who think radically about 90% of the rest of the sh-- going on in the US these days.

Yeah.. next thing you know they won't let people in without vax proof for polio or whooping cough or measles or rubella or... oh, wait.

All those diseases eradicated (or nearly) by vaccines, and then people needing proof of that for school et al, didn't lead to any slippery slopes, just healthier, alive, humans. Some of them very paranoid, but still.. winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 11, 2021 19:08

MYTH: Researchers rushed the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, so its effectiveness and safety cannot be trusted.

FACT: Studies found that the two initial vaccines are both about 95% effective — and reported no serious or life-threatening side effects. There are many reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines could be developed so quickly. Here are just a few:

*The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.

*China isolated and shared genetic information about COVID-19 promptly, so scientists could start working on vaccines.

*The vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.

*Vaccine projects had plenty of resources, as governments invested in research and/or paid for vaccines in advance.

*Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), which allows a faster approach than the traditional way that vaccines are made.

*Social media helped companies find and engage study volunteers, and many were willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine research.

*Because COVID-19 is so contagious and widespread, it did not take long to see if the vaccine worked for the study volunteers who were vaccinated.
[www.hopkinsmedicine.org]

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: June 11, 2021 19:52

All 30 Broadway shows sold out in an hour.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Date: June 11, 2021 20:27

Yeah. Resale tickets available only.

There is, however, a Facebook group of Bruce fans dedicated to help those who got shut out. Face value tickets available.

If interested, email me for details.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 21:10

MisterDDDD
MYTH: Researchers rushed the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, so its effectiveness and safety cannot be trusted.

FACT: Studies found that the two initial vaccines are both about 95% effective — and reported no serious or life-threatening side effects. There are many reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines could be developed so quickly. Here are just a few:

*The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.

*China isolated and shared genetic information about COVID-19 promptly, so scientists could start working on vaccines.

*The vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.

*Vaccine projects had plenty of resources, as governments invested in research and/or paid for vaccines in advance.

*Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), which allows a faster approach than the traditional way that vaccines are made.

*Social media helped companies find and engage study volunteers, and many were willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine research.

*Because COVID-19 is so contagious and widespread, it did not take long to see if the vaccine worked for the study volunteers who were vaccinated.
[www.hopkinsmedicine.org]

Yeah, I choose not to believe anything the media and/or big bro says/prints these days. I've lost all faith and trust in the steerage. And I refuse to be a lemming.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home