Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: February 8, 2021 23:43

Hairball
Wondering what his next fake persona will be...

Maybe a yodeler living up in the Alps?

Or a big kahuna surfer from Hawaii?

How many rock stars don't have a fake persona? How many fake personas did Dylan or Bowie adopt throughout their careers? Or what of Keith's chic pirate image?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:28

Bungo
I didn't hear this sentiment for the last 4 years. NOW they want everybody to "unify" and "meet in the middle". The hypocrisy makes me wanna puke.

Interesting that this has angered both those on the far right AND the far left.

Normally that's a good sign.
Good on Bruce for the attempt and the sentiment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-09 01:55 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:54

Sorry to be the voice of "unreason" in regards to the BOSS--
BUT-- I was the most excited fan of Springsteen in 72,73,75,78 his shows were phenomenal ! I attended many at that time-some the best I had ever seen! His recorded outut from 72-78 was incredible--- but somewhere the line he became Woody Guthrie and lost then plot

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:59

Bungo
I didn't hear this sentiment for the last 4 years. NOW they want everybody to "unify" and "meet in the middle". The hypocrisy makes me wanna puke.

If you'd've heard it it would've gotten drownt out anyway.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 9, 2021 02:33

When I saw the ad, I was just waiting to see what he was selling. I was not expecting Jeep. But, to me, I see it as nothing more than an ad. He was paid who knows how much to sell a product, bottom line. It means little what the “message” is, Jeep is trying to sell their product. I don’t resent anybody for being paid to be a paid spokesperson for a product. What I don’t like is when is wrapped in a pseudo-social message. It is no different than Matthew McConaughey pitching Lincoln, or Dorothy Hamill hawking Crepe Erase.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 9, 2021 05:11

Geez, that burns a lot of gas, and I'm not talking about the Jeep.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2021 22:32

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 10 February 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:11

From the New York Post: >"The Boss"

"The most nausea-inducing moment of Sunday night’s Super Bowl came not during the public spanking of the Chiefs by the Bucs.
It was during a tone-deaf, two-minute TV commercial starring New Jersey’s own Bruce Springsteen, in which the mega-wealthy musician
and leftist sage revealed that his longtime working-class grift is as phony as his cowboy hat".

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 10, 2021 00:48

The Jeep ad, for me, was Bruce the Poseur. He's been this over the past few years, IMHO. I have no doubts he cares about his country and what goes on it, but the Jeep ad is nothing more than a play on the Springsteen speaks for the everyday man/woman, the people who keep the country humming, image associated with him. If you dig Springsteen and this image, the ad was great. If you don't dig this image of Springsteen, the ad was boo-shee. I'm more interested in knowing what and who is Stellantis, the company that now makes Jeep(s). Never heard of them before reading the article above.

Date: February 10, 2021 19:39

Apparently, this is an accurate source. The Boss was arrested for a DWI in Novemebr 2020. Kinda funny timing, seeing this just a few days after his Jeep commercial.

TMZ Source

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 11, 2021 02:22

I find it surprising a person of 70 + years is getting their first DWI. I really hope he is doing well health wise.

Date: February 11, 2021 02:45

From Billboard:

Jeep Removes Bruce Springsteen’s Super Bowl Ad From YouTube After November DWI Arrest

BOSS

Jeep took down its Super Bowl ad featuring Bruce Springsteen from YouTube on Wednesday (Feb. 10),
following news that the star was arrested at New Jersey's Gateway National Recreation Area in November
for driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area.

“It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter we have only read about and we cannot substantiate,”
Jeep said in a statement to Variety. “But it’s also right that we pause our Big Game commercial until the actual facts can be established.
Its message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned.”

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 11, 2021 03:04

In Bruce's excellent autobiography he discusses his substance use, namely alcohol, and his depression (and the antidepressants he desperately relies on), and I was left unconvinced he had it all under control. The ad was weird indeed. I didn't watch the SB, but I saw that ad. Love Bruce. Sounds like an error in judgment on his part. Both the DWI and the ad!

Date: February 11, 2021 04:24

Hope this turns out to be the case...

Springsteen blew 0.02 - quarter of legal limit, source says
New Jersey rock icon Bruce Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 - just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit - when he was arrested on Sandy Hook in November and charged with driving while intoxicated, a source familiar with the case told the Asbury Park Press.

The legal threshold indicating intoxication for driving purposes in New Jersey is .08, which calls into question why Springsteen was even charged with driving while intoxicated, the source said.
[www.app.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 11, 2021 05:26

Am I missing something here? Why would Springsteen be charged if he blew a .o2 if the legal limit is .08?

Date: February 11, 2021 05:35

Sighunt
Am I missing something here? Why would Springsteen be charged if he blew a .o2 if the legal limit is .08?

Suppose there could be a variety of reasons, or substances, involved.
Or he had an open container, drove erratically and pissed the officer off.
Or..?

None of the info so far is from real reputable sources or complete.
I wouldn't pass any judgements until the facts come out, or even then really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-11 05:36 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2021 05:45

Hairball
From Billboard:

Jeep Removes Bruce Springsteen’s Super Bowl Ad From YouTube After November DWI Arrest

BOSS

Jeep took down its Super Bowl ad featuring Bruce Springsteen from YouTube on Wednesday (Feb. 10),
following news that the star was arrested at New Jersey's Gateway National Recreation Area in November
for driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area.

“It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter we have only read about and we cannot substantiate,”
Jeep said in a statement to Variety. “But it’s also right that we pause our Big Game commercial until the actual facts can be established.
Its message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned.”

Actual facts?

Isn't that just like saying "very unique"?

Oh. Right. It's 2021 - another of several years after alternative facts became a thing.

Nevermind.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 11, 2021 10:56

There'a song or two in here.

Date: February 11, 2021 14:08

Blunder Road: Bruce Springsteen busted for DWI after one shot of tequila

Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the cops, a music industry insider said.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, had been riding his motorcycle on the peninsula on Nov. 14 when he “was spotted by fans who asked him to pull over and take some pictures,” according to a source close to Springsteen.

“Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

“Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Post has not been able to immediately verify this account with law enforcement.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, a spokesperson for the National Park Service said.

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.
[nypost.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 11, 2021 15:51

(Only one shot)

You can get arrested just for drinking...

(Only one shot)

Get arrested just for drinking...

(Only one shot)

Date: February 11, 2021 16:07

Was it Hornitas?

Was it Patron?

It ain’t no secret!

(It ain’t no secret)

No secret, my friend

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 11, 2021 17:17

MelBelli
(Only one shot)

You can get arrested just for drinking...

(Only one shot)

Get arrested just for drinking...

(Only one shot)

Everything you are saying is correct. However, it still does not make sense that Springsteen was charged with DWI when his blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested. The legal intoxication level was .08.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 11, 2021 18:14

I got some beer and the highway's free....

Date: February 11, 2021 18:45

MelBelli
Was it Hornitas?

Was it Patron?

It ain’t no secret!

(It ain’t no secret)

No secret, my friend

She says, "On this beach, Charles" / You've got to understand the rules

If a park ranger stops you / Promise me, you'll always be polite

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 11, 2021 18:50

Yeah I can just picture bruce springfield shoveling horse manure in his muck boots in below zero temps...NOT!! Even us country folk know when it’s cold you wear a cover on your head and sure as hell don’t ride around with the top down. Typical elitist poser and panderer.

Date: February 11, 2021 19:03

Damn... and they figured they thought of everything hoss.
A simple hat and the top up would have fooled even the country folk apparently.

The elitist posers no doubt won't screw it up next time.
Yeeee Haw!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 11, 2021 19:20

You mean he really had a brother at khe sanh? Shucks.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 11, 2021 22:50

Re the alleged DWI, when ya thinks about it, someone was out to make a name for him/her self. Ya know, "I'm the one that popped Springsteen." If you are gonna bust him, why not the others folks who shared their bottle with him?

Date: February 12, 2021 01:31

According to this: Springsteen

The Boss reeked heavily of alcohol with eyes glazed, and refused to take the breathalyzer test at the scene.
He ultimately failed a field sobriety test by “visibly swaying back and forth", and on the walk and turn test he took "45 total steps instead of the instructed 18".
While the 0.02 result taken later at the police station is very low, looks like the police officer on scene had good cause to be suspicious based on all of these circumstances.
That said, doubt there will be any type of punishment considering his status and especially the 0.02 blood alcohol level way below the legal level.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 12, 2021 01:50

At least he didn’t come crashing down like a drunk on a barroom floor, or mixing tanqueray and wine.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home