Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 20, 2020 20:29

I finally got around to purchasing "The Ties That Bind" Boxset with the BluRay option, it took me nearly 18 months to work through the Darkness Boxset...

These Concert films are exhausting to watch, they lead of with the Hits which is just confusing to my expectations, but I didn't grow up in NJ in the Mid 70's, perhaps this was the norm among House Bands etc..

But the sheer energy is borderline overwhelming, myself and a great friend had to have two breaks while watching the 1978 Houston Gig

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 20, 2020 20:51

Great Read!! Thanks!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 20, 2020 21:18

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 22, 2020 02:37

Reading the RS interview got me to wondering: If Springsteen and the E Street Band can knock out an album in five days (so they allege) doing live recording, with few overdubs, what's the issue with the Stones knocking out an album quickly? Ya think about it, doing retakes, remakes, tweaking the sound, etc., helps kill the immediacy of the music. This brings us to the point - hey Stones guys, where in the hell is the new album? Your only excuse for no new music is you've either run out of gas or out of ideas or both. So, where y'all at?

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 24, 2020 17:39

“‘Ghosts’ tries to speak to the spirit of the music itself, something none of us owns but can only discover and share together. In the E Street Band, it resides in our collective soul, powered by the heart." - Bruce

[twitter.com]

Date: September 24, 2020 17:46

bye bye johnny
“‘Ghosts’ tries to speak to the spirit of the music itself, something none of us owns but can only discover and share together. In the E Street Band, it resides in our collective soul, powered by the heart." - Bruce

[twitter.com]

POW!!!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 24, 2020 18:21

iconic Bruce perfects the wall of sound in the studio again with Need You By My Sidesmiling smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 24, 2020 18:43

Brilliant!!! Thank you Bruce!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 25, 2020 01:43

Average at best, where is the hook.

Date: September 26, 2020 10:50

Bruce Springsteen likes to sing about rivers!

This is a very disturbed river!!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-26 10:53 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 14, 2020 19:13

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 14, 2020 19:16

Lol Joni Mitchell's back? I didn't even know.

Date: October 15, 2020 21:43

Bruce Springsteen Confronts His Ghosts on the Rousing 'Letter To You'

by Kory Grow
October 15, 2020

Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: October 15, 2020 22:10

If I Were The Priest and Janey Needs A Shooter are @#$%& fantastic. Play them loud, as per Let It Bleed.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 15, 2020 22:15

more of the same and the same and the same
sorry to say, love the guy but: boooooring

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 15, 2020 23:53

Just listened to the most recent live release "Fox Theater Atlanta 9/30/1978". Rock and roll church! New record up after baseball.

Date: October 15, 2020 23:56

maumau

Oh I feel largely the same about the album. There hasn't really been an album since Magic I truly liked. I don't think this is different but I think the spirit of it is encouraging. They definitely sound like a band that they haven't in awhile. But the only songs on the album I liked were those 2. The others I thought were largely forgettable lyrically, although not terrible musically.

Date: October 16, 2020 01:29

RollingFreak
maumau

Oh I feel largely the same about the album. There hasn't really been an album since Magic I truly liked. I don't think this is different but I think the spirit of it is encouraging. They definitely sound like a band that they haven't in awhile. But the only songs on the album I liked were those 2. The others I thought were largely forgettable lyrically, although not terrible musically.

Unfortunately, there is no objective evidence on your part musically to make any kind of of judgement. Do me a favor , if a song is forgettable never listen to it again. That way you do not offend fans..... and then subject is over.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: October 16, 2020 01:40

Superb album by Bruce Springsteen Letter to you, here's our review at Dirty Rock Magazine in Spain!

[www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: October 16, 2020 06:28

Chris Fountain
RollingFreak
maumau

Unfortunately, there is no objective evidence on your part musically to make any kind of of judgement. Do me a favor , if a song is forgettable never listen to it again. That way you do not offend fans..... and then subject is over.

LOL what??!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 16, 2020 07:03

Chris Fountain
RollingFreak
maumau

offend fans?!?!? eye popping smiley eye rolling smiley

oh my, and what would be the punishment against an opinion in the Church Of The Boss Fanatic Wisdom?

a fan opinion i would add

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-16 07:04 by maumau.

Date: October 16, 2020 09:38

Letter to You will be released on October 23. Let's refrain from judgement.

He's the Boss.

Date: October 16, 2020 12:21

Chris Fountain
Letter to You will be released on October 23. Let's refrain from judgement.

He's the Boss.

It's out all over the internet if you know where to look. Judging by the amount of reviews already appearing on music sites, I suspect some starving journalist made a few quick dollars. I haven't heard it yet.

Date: October 16, 2020 13:40

Not the entire album-

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2020 13:49

The entire album has indeed been leaked, Chris.

I have many Bruce fan friends on social media saying they already listened to it. I actually received a download link too, but didn't use it yet. Out of respect to the artist, I guess. I'll wait when it's officially released next week.

But for those who would like to listen to it already, it's actually not that hard to find if you do a little Googling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-16 13:54 by Topi.

Date: October 16, 2020 13:51

Ok I'm surprised I'll check YouTube for other songs from album. Thanks

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2020 13:56

I don't think they are on YouTube yet. The link I was given just included a ZIP of mp3 files.

If somebody tried to post the songs on YouTube, I bet Sony would take them down pretty quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-16 13:56 by Topi.

Date: October 16, 2020 14:02

Topi
I don't think they are on YouTube yet. The link I was given just included a ZIP of mp3 files.

If somebody tried to post the songs on YouTube, I bet Sony would take them down pretty quickly.

I've seen lossless files of the whole album on a few sites. Usually those sites have stuff a day or 2 in advance or release. More than a week early isn't the norm but not unheard of.

Date: October 16, 2020 14:11

Hey CR or Topi have yall heard other tracks from new album? Good??

Date: October 16, 2020 15:02

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home