Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:08

Gotta love the Boss and the E Street Band !

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2020 15:38

OT - Bruce Springsteen timeless
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 2, 2020 20:38

[youtu.be]

There's a reason I'm posting this

Re: OT - Bruce Springsteen timeless
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 2, 2020 20:55

Yes, timeless.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 07:58

... Bruce’s song is about an event of 21 years ago... wish things were better.

I’m lucky to be white. I grew up on a ranch near LA, yes with guns.... but ...

At the age of 62 I walked around a corner in a parking garage in Long Beach CA to face two policemen with rifles pointed at me. I dropped like a rock and to this day I’m convinced my silver gray hair saved me. They apologized and told me an African american suspect was in the garage. He got away.

different policing and fewer guns are just some reasons why I love visiting Europe ....

BV - trying really hard to be non-political, just describing a first hand account in the USA.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 3, 2020 22:38

Yeah, I didn't mean to be political but this really depressed me, and I really felt disappointed, upset, angry. So my apologies to BV, or anyone who feels I'm being contentious over this.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 4, 2020 23:02

This is actually what I thought of this weekend too. Also not making it political here, we're all just talking.

But all my friends were like "can you believe this?" and I'm like "Yeah, I can". Not in some holier than thou way, and not because its happened before obviously, but people said this was different and my first response was "have you ever heard Bruce's 41 Shots?" Its the exact same incident, and sure it wasn't a massively popular song, but it was a huge artist talking about how you can get killed for living in your American Skin. It was powerful then and it was the first thing I thought now. How in 20 years, nothing has changed.

And actually its more than 20 because its been like this forever. In the early 90s, Pearl Jam had WMA where "police stopped my brother again" about a real life incident they encountered. Dylan had Hurricane in the 70s about the Carter Rubin incident where the cops were shifty. Stevie Wonder had Living For The City where the whole middle is about a black man arriving in New York City and immediately getting mugged and thrown in jail because he's black. This is NOT anything new, and while I hope the protests and strife now do something, this becomes a fad every few years or decades and nothing ever happens. I hope this is different but there's reason to believe it won't and there's also no excuse for white people (myself included) to not have understood the severity at this point.

Also thought it was a great touch of Bruce to host his DJ show and open with 41 Shots right into Murder Incorporated. He's not @#$%& around.

OT: Forthcoming E Street Band Album
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:38

Nils Lofgren Reveals Details of New Bruce Springsteen Album

July 9, 2020|Michele Amabile|News

E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren recently made a virtual appearance as part of Monmouth University’s new online series, What’s Up on E Street? from The Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for Music .

When asked about the forthcoming E Street Band album, Lofgren said it is one of Bruce Springsteen’s best, stating it’s “as great a record…as I ever heard Bruce make, and that’s saying a lot.”

Re: OT: Forthcoming E Street Band Album
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:46

hot smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 11, 2020 09:20

Chris Fountain
Nils Lofgren Reveals Details of New Bruce Springsteen Album

July 9, 2020|Michele Amabile|News

E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren recently made a virtual appearance as part of Monmouth University’s new online series, What’s Up on E Street? from The Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for Music .

When asked about the forthcoming E Street Band album, Lofgren said it is one of Bruce Springsteen’s best, stating it’s “as great a record…as I ever heard Bruce make, and that’s saying a lot.”

Did he also say it’s a lot like Exile on Main st? smoking smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 11, 2020 12:01

hot smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 11, 2020 14:02

Rubbish talk. I WANT a new ESB album, but it’s not imminent imo.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-12 17:29 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 11, 2020 20:24

Great news.

Bruce seems quite the visionary deciding not to tour in 2020 just before everything happened.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 11, 2020 21:54

I hope he's in a rockin' mood, not a folkie mood.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 12, 2020 19:20

It'll be interesting to see what Springsteen and the band come up with. I can only hope it doesn't sound like typical Bruce, whether rock or folkie. Outside of "Tunnel of Love", "The Rising" and "Western Stars", there's no Springsteen album, with or without the band, that he's done since the late 1980s that's stuck with me. I can say this about many bands and music artists.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 12, 2020 19:29

dmay
It'll be interesting to see what Springsteen and the band come up with. I can only hope it doesn't sound like typical Bruce, whether rock or folkie. Outside of "Tunnel of Love", "The Rising" and "Western Stars", there's no Springsteen album, with or without the band, that he's done since the late 1980s that's stuck with me. I can say this about many bands and music artists.

I really liked "Lucky Town" too. Underrated record.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 12, 2020 19:38

Chris Fountain

Mmmm... sounds familiar! Why does Lofgren starts quoting Don Was or Chuck Leavell?

Date: July 12, 2020 21:04

You would have to take your issues up with the E Street Band - Not me.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2020 13:17

Maybe a tune about slipping and falling on ice ?

Date: July 13, 2020 13:33

A frozen river?

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 13, 2020 17:24

dmay

Good for artists that people like different stuff. Me? I think Magic is far better than The Rising, but I understand others can mean the opposite.

Date: July 13, 2020 18:19

Agree on Magic.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 13, 2020 20:00

His last several records have at least one great song and one very good song on them. The rest of the songs however are quite forgettable.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2020 22:35

[www.amazon.co.uk]

[nailcityrecord.com]

New album coming. Announcement expected tomorrow.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 9, 2020 22:39

Apparently its an E Street album too which is cool

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: September 10, 2020 02:22

Seen this on the web.

Letter to You (23/10/2020). Don’t know if it’s a teaser and it’s the actual title.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 02:26 by thunderball.

Date: September 10, 2020 07:27

Looks like both Nail City Records and Amazon UK jumped the gun and put the item online too soon. Then, Bruce Inc. reacted and both links are now taken down.

See here:

[www.blogness-brucespringsteen.net]

[www.njarts.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 07:31 by Topi.

Date: September 10, 2020 12:54

Looks like the listing is back up on Amazon UK

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: September 10, 2020 15:04

Here's the first single

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 10, 2020 15:11

Topi
Here's the first single

[www.youtube.com]

Wow - Yep let's rock this year out!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home