Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2019 00:33

On an E Street Radio (Sirius XM) The E Street Band is getting together by end of year if not now? The songs are already written.

Lovin Western Stars.. Simply great songs. Haven't seen the movie - heard a few Film Songs on ES Channel as well. Yesterday I heard "The Long Walk Home" played acoustically from 2016 tour (Pittsburgh) Awesome!!! A favorable song to begin with.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 23, 2019 17:09

Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul's new single, a cover of "Tucson Train".

[youtu.be]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 19, 2019 02:54

Finally seeing "Western Stars" film. It's really, really good.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2019 04:01

crholmstrom
Finally seeing "Western Stars" film. It's really, really good.

No. It's STUNNING

Rod

Date: January 8, 2020 15:45

The Last Word: Steven Van Zandt on the Death of Rock and the Biggest Mistake He Ever Made

The guitarist-actor-producer also discusses his lifelong friendship with Bruce Springsteen, how he crafted his ‘Sopranos’ character, and the possibility of a 2020 E Street Band tour

By Andy Greene

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: January 8, 2020 22:52

Great Post!! Looking forward to the tour. I think he will keep the tour shows to to around 2:45.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 8, 2020 22:56

Interesting to read that Steve think the 4-hour shows are too much.

Even as a big Bruce fan, the 4-hour show I attended at Giants Stadium in 2016 tested the limits of my endurance.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 8, 2020 23:09

keefriff99

Even as a big Bruce fan, the 4-hour show I attended at Giants Stadium in 2016 tested the limits of my endurance.

I was also at one of those 4 hour shows in 2016 at Giants and as a massive Bruce fan, I'm not sure it actually being 4 hours meant anything. Don't get me wrong, was fun, and I saw a lot of things I'd never caught before, but there was no direction to the show and it seemed to only be 4 hours just to say he can play that long. it was not enhanced at all by being that long. Whereas I've seen him do 3 hour shows that feel like they have a purpose. I'd gladly take 2 and a half hour shows the rest of his career that have a theme and focus to them. Endlessly playing your stuff? When you do that there still has to be a flow, a build. Otherwise its just a random shuffle that inevitably leads to a lot of lulls, even if I love all your songs.

I'd wanna see the Stones play 4 hours, but if it was all hits I'd probably leave. I think I'd be really bored if its stuff I've heard a million times and its never ending. 2 hours of hits I can take. 4 hours, I'd only want things I'd never heard, and even then it might seem a little long to me.

Date: January 8, 2020 23:20

I think the 78 tour was his best , of course he was only 30 years old at that time. I just reaaly like the way he let Bitton jazz up the piano and of course - Isley's Bros Twist and Shout!!! (Not to be confused with You want to make me Shout)

Date: January 9, 2020 11:46

RollingFreak
keefriff99

I was also at one of those 4 hour shows in 2016 at Giants and as a massive Bruce fan, I'm not sure it actually being 4 hours meant anything. Don't get me wrong, was fun, and I saw a lot of things I'd never caught before, but there was no direction to the show and it seemed to only be 4 hours just to say he can play that long. it was not enhanced at all by being that long. Whereas I've seen him do 3 hour shows that feel like they have a purpose. I'd gladly take 2 and a half hour shows the rest of his career that have a theme and focus to them. Endlessly playing your stuff? When you do that there still has to be a flow, a build. Otherwise its just a random shuffle that inevitably leads to a lot of lulls, even if I love all your songs.

I'd wanna see the Stones play 4 hours, but if it was all hits I'd probably leave. I think I'd be really bored if its stuff I've heard a million times and its never ending. 2 hours of hits I can take. 4 hours, I'd only want things I'd never heard, and even then it might seem a little long to me.

what i would love to see the stones do is 2 shorter sets with a 20 minute or so break in the middle. eliminate opening acts & play a total of approx. 2.5 hours.

Date: January 9, 2020 20:30

RollingFreak
keefriff99

Yeah, I actually found the concert largely aimless. Although it was historic and always fun to see him in NJ, the show lacked a sense of urgency and flow.

2-1/2 or 3 hours (which is still a long show for most acts) with a tight setlist and narrative would be far preferable.

Date: January 19, 2020 14:00

Springsteen unleashes surprise set at N.J. show, jams all night

By Bobby Olivier
January 19, 2020

Matt Smith | For NJ.com

[www.nj.com]

Date: January 19, 2020 14:19

Great!! He is in fantastic shape - Looking forward to the new album and tour!

Date: January 19, 2020 14:33

Lookin' good, Mr. Boss!

Can't wait to see what he's got cooking for this year...

Date: January 21, 2020 22:28

listening to a tape of the light of day show. fantastic! bruce is totally ripping on guitar on it. IMHO he's a very underrated guitar player. some of that is his fault because he didn't really feature guitar heavy on the records (for the most part). sounds like he is having a real good time.

Date: January 21, 2020 22:31

crholmstrom
listening to a tape of the light of day show. fantastic! bruce is totally ripping on guitar on it. IMHO he's a very underrated guitar player. some of that is his fault because he didn't really feature guitar heavy on the records (for the most part). sounds like he is having a real good time.
That's been my one complaint of Bruce's sound over the years...the guitars have always competed with the keyboards and end up sounding thin in comparison. If he cranked up the distortion more and let it fly along with Stevie and Nils, WOW.

I'm not saying they don't have those moments, but I wish they were more numerous.

Date: January 21, 2020 23:39

keefriff99
crholmstrom
That's been my one complaint of Bruce's sound over the years...the guitars have always competed with the keyboards and end up sounding thin in comparison. If he cranked up the distortion more and let it fly along with Stevie and Nils, WOW.

I'm not saying they don't have those moments, but I wish they were more numerous.

Agreed - select songs are only chosen "to break Loose the guitars" such as Murder Incorporated, Prove it all Night, Because the Night etc. However, some songs have to be left as is in concert - Promised Land , Bobby Jean, etc...

Date: February 16, 2020 17:12

Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band: No tour in 2020?

[www.app.com]

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 16, 2020 23:14

Maybe Bruce is thinking about some "Vote For Change" type shows later this year.

If they were thinking about October and just pushing back until January then no need to worry...yet.

Date: February 17, 2020 17:17

Well that's a major bummer, if true. I wonder what the hell's going on?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 17, 2020 17:29

keefriff99

His mother is very old and has alzheimers. There's no real "leading" theory, but she's like 90 or something, so potentially she's taken a turn for the worse and he just wants to not make long term plans and be around her.

Date: February 17, 2020 17:35

RollingFreak
keefriff99

His mother is very old and has alzheimers. There's no real "leading" theory, but she's like 90 or something, so potentially she's taken a turn for the worse and he just wants to not make long term plans and be around her.
That didn't come to mind...very possible. Such a shame...she seemed like such a joyful, energetic woman even in her old age.

Date: February 17, 2020 18:23

Latest Live Series digital release:

“When You Walk in the Room” (The Searchers) — Los Angeles, CA, The Roxy, 10/18/1975
“Twist And Shout” (The Isley Brothers, The Beatles) — Upper Darby, PA, Tower Theater, 12/31/1975
“Summertime Blues” (Eddie Cochran) — Cleveland, OH, The Agora, 8/9/1978
“Detroit Medley” (Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels) — New York, NY, Madison Square Garden, 9/21/1979
“Can’t Help Falling In Love” (Elvis Presley) — London, U.K., Wembley Arena, 6/5/1981
“Travelin’ Band” (Creedence Clearwater Revival) — Los Angeles, CA, Memorial Coliseum, 9/27/1985
“Boom Boom” (John Lee Hooker) — New York, NY, Madison Square Garden, 5/23/1988
“Higher And Higher” (Jackie Wilson) — Buffalo, NY, HSBC Arena, 11/22/2009
“I Don’t Want To Go Home” (Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes) — Helsinki, Finland, Olympiastadion, 7/31/2012
“Stayin’ Alive” (The Bee Gees) — Brisbane, Australia, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 2/26/2014
“Highway To Hell” (AC/DC) — Brisbane, Australia, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 2/26/2014
“Purple Rain” (Prince) – Brooklyn, NY, Barclays Center, 4/23/2016
“Lucille” (Little Richard) — Milan, Italy, Stadio San Siro, 7/3/2016
“Brown Eyed Girl” (Van Morrison) — Adelaide, Australia, Adelaide Entertainment Centre, 1/30/2017
“I Fought The Law” (The Bobby Fuller Four, The Clash) — Hunter Valley, Australia, Hope Estate Winery, 2/18/2017

[open.spotify.com]

Date: April 7, 2020 21:49

April 8 on SiriusXM:

10:00 am - 11:00 am ET

Bruce Springsteen From His Home, To Yours…

Bruce Springsteen takes over his own channel, E Street Radio, to play songs and share thoughts about the times we are living in. Hear Bruce select songs from Roy Orbison, Sam Cook, Don Henley, Lucinda Williams, Bob Dylan, Patti Scialfa, Wyclef Jean, and more!

[www.siriusxm.com]

Date: April 8, 2020 19:43

Springsteen talks ‘edge of the apocalypse,’ coronavirus fears on radio

[www.nj.com]

Date: April 9, 2020 11:40

Here was the playlist-

End of the Innocence was a great choice - mmmm Cover Me is not one of my favs,

[backstreets.com]

Date: April 14, 2020 18:58

Tune in April 22 for #JERSEY4JERSEY, a one-night broadcast fundraiser to fight the medical, social and economic impact of COVID-19 on New Jersey’s most vulnerable communities with appearances from Bruce, @jonbonjovi, @halsey, @itstonybennett & more. [njprf.org]

[twitter.com]

Date: April 14, 2020 19:18

bye bye johnny
Tune in April 22 for #JERSEY4JERSEY, a one-night broadcast fundraiser to fight the medical, social and economic impact of COVID-19 on New Jersey’s most vulnerable communities with appearances from Bruce, @jonbonjovi, @halsey, @itstonybennett & more. [njprf.org]

[twitter.com]

Will this be a television or XM broadcast?

Date: April 18, 2020 17:39

I just saw Blinded by the Light Movie- Great Stuff. I was surprised how good it was.

Date: April 23, 2020 13:43

Jersey 4 Jersey - Bruce Springsteen & Patti Scialfa

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home