Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 23, 2019 21:13

desertblues68
I am a total Bruce girl. This is the video that did for me as a teenager
I am on fire
Good call...I love that damn song. Sexy and atmospheric.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 26, 2019 19:48

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ Album To Accompany Bruce Springsteen’s Directorial Debut On October 25th

Columbia Records will release ‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ on October 25th, featuring each of the live performances captured in Bruce Springsteen’s directorial debut ‘Western Stars.’ The soundtrack includes every song from Springsteen’s most recent studio album of the same name, as well as a cover of Glen Campbell’s “Rhinestone Cowboy.”

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ pulls the audio from the film co-directed by Bruce Springsteen and longtime collaborator Thom Zimny. Springsteen and Ron Aniello produced the soundtrack, and its audio was mixed by Bob Clearmountain and mastered by Bob Ludwig, the same legendary duo behind ‘Springsteen on Broadway.’ Pre-orders for the album begin Friday, September 27th here.

The ‘Western Stars’ film is a cinematic retelling of Springsteen’s first studio album in five years, as he plays the album backed by a band and full orchestra at Stone Hill Farm in Colts Neck, NJ. The film premiered at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival and is written and performed by Bruce Springsteen, with special guest Patti Scialfa. Zimny, Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, and George Travis produced the film, with Springsteen serving as executive producer. The original score is by Springsteen.

The ‘Western Stars’ album has become a global success by nearly every measure, reaching #1 on charts in every continent on earth and hailed by critics as some of the finest music of his career. The album also placed Springsteen alongside David Bowie and the Rolling Stones one of the Top 5 acts with the most #1 UK albums.

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ track list:

Hitch Hikin’
The Wayfarer
Tucson Train
Western Stars
Sleepy Joe’s Café
Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
Chasin’ Wild Horses
Sundown
Somewhere North of Nashville
Stones
There Goes My Miracle
Hello Sunshine
Moonlight Motel
Rhinestone Cowboy

All songs written by Bruce Springsteen, except “Rhinestone Cowboy”

[brucespringsteen.net]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 27, 2019 00:52

Grrrrreat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 27, 2019 01:36

so are a bunch of these songs not on the western stars album?

Date: September 27, 2019 01:39

they are all there except Rhinestone Cowboy -

Date: September 27, 2019 20:23

Boss has staed that he has already written songs for a new E. Street Band album.

Incredible.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: September 29, 2019 17:46

Bruce Springsteen plays ‘His Hometown’ party in Freehold

by Chris Jordan, September 28, 2019

Michael Kravetsky

[www.app.com]

--

"Light Of Day" with Joe Grushecky & The Houserockers

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-29 17:46 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 27, 2019 14:33

bye bye johnny
‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ Album To Accompany Bruce Springsteen’s Directorial Debut On October 25th

Columbia Records will release ‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ on October 25th, featuring each of the live performances captured in Bruce Springsteen’s directorial debut ‘Western Stars.’ The soundtrack includes every song from Springsteen’s most recent studio album of the same name, as well as a cover of Glen Campbell’s “Rhinestone Cowboy.”

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ pulls the audio from the film co-directed by Bruce Springsteen and longtime collaborator Thom Zimny. Springsteen and Ron Aniello produced the soundtrack, and its audio was mixed by Bob Clearmountain and mastered by Bob Ludwig, the same legendary duo behind ‘Springsteen on Broadway.’ Pre-orders for the album begin Friday, September 27th here.

The ‘Western Stars’ film is a cinematic retelling of Springsteen’s first studio album in five years, as he plays the album backed by a band and full orchestra at Stone Hill Farm in Colts Neck, NJ. The film premiered at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival and is written and performed by Bruce Springsteen, with special guest Patti Scialfa. Zimny, Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, and George Travis produced the film, with Springsteen serving as executive producer. The original score is by Springsteen.

The ‘Western Stars’ album has become a global success by nearly every measure, reaching #1 on charts in every continent on earth and hailed by critics as some of the finest music of his career. The album also placed Springsteen alongside David Bowie and the Rolling Stones one of the Top 5 acts with the most #1 UK albums.

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ track list:

Hitch Hikin’
The Wayfarer
Tucson Train
Western Stars
Sleepy Joe’s Café
Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
Chasin’ Wild Horses
Sundown
Somewhere North of Nashville
Stones
There Goes My Miracle
Hello Sunshine
Moonlight Motel
Rhinestone Cowboy

All songs written by Bruce Springsteen, except “Rhinestone Cowboy”

[brucespringsteen.net]

My wife and I who are big Bruce fans saw the concert movie last night. Although I liked a couple of the tunes from the movie, I don't see myself going out and buying the soundtrack. Just not my cup of tee, as this was at least for me, a big departure from what Bruce has produced previously. At the same time, I got to hand it to the man, he certainly knows how to take risks and grow as an artist. I mean, what an incredible last couple years this guy has had. Writes a best selling book, turns it into a successful Broadway show, pulls out this new album (with great orchestral touches) and accompanying movie. I am just astounded that he can be so prolific! Bruce's contributions to the world are many and the dude shows no signs of slowing down. You gotta love the Boss!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-27 23:24 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2019 18:09

I saw the trailer of the movie last month, and it seemed a bit odd to see that Bruce has transformed into a cowboy.

Date: October 27, 2019 19:03

Well, he owns horses and his daughter is an equestrian competitor-

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 27, 2019 21:49

Devils and Dust was a great western themed album, as well as some of Ghost of Tom Joad and Nebraska. Bruce has had a fascination with the American west most of his life. The Western Stars album is influenced by “70’s California AM radio songs.” Let the man write what he wants, he’s earned it. I like the album and look forward to the E Street Band record whenever it comes our way.

Date: October 27, 2019 22:58

The concert movie is playing in theaters now

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 27, 2019 23:31

Tate
Devils and Dust was a great western themed album, as well as some of Ghost of Tom Joad and Nebraska. Bruce has had a fascination with the American west most of his life. The Western Stars album is influenced by “70’s California AM radio songs.” Let the man write what he wants, he’s earned it. I like the album and look forward to the E Street Band record whenever it comes our way.

AS much as I enjoyed Devils and Dust and Tom Joad (I saw Bruce on both of those tours), as far as solo work, apart from the E Street Band, Nebraska in my opinion, is simply Bruce's best solo work to date. It has got so many outstanding tunes: Atlantic City, Johnny 99, Mansion on the Hill, My Father's HOuse, Reason to BElieve...Great, classic record.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Date: October 28, 2019 01:08

[www.youtube.com]

"Rhinestone Cowboy"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 28, 2019 06:14

Well, Bruce, I gotta thank you. Listening to you do "Rhinestone Cowboy" - which I haven't heard since Glen Campbell had a hit with it - reminded me of what I concluded back in the day - the song sucks.

As for Springsteen solo, the Rodney Dangerfield of his solo efforts once again gets overlooked. I will take "Tunnel Of Love" over "Tom Joad" and "Devils" any day of the week. Give it a spin if you haven't heard it or heard it for awhile. There's some great stories in the Tunnel songs.

Date: November 2, 2019 02:13

Hey. For you folks out there that get Turner Classic Movies (TCM), Springsteen is a guest programmer on the channel tomorrow afternoon - November 2nd. He'll be screening "The Searchers" with John Wayne and "A Face In The Crowd" with Andy Griffith. Both are excellent movies, IMHO, and if you've never seen the Griffith movie, you'll be blown away by his performance and the story line. So, break out the popcorn, pretzels and libations and enjoy an an afternoon at the picture show.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 2, 2019 03:41

dmay
Hey. For you folks out there that get Turner Classic Movies (TCM), Springsteen is a guest programmer on the channel tomorrow afternoon - November 2nd. He'll be screening "The Searchers" with John Wayne and "A Face In The Crowd" with Andy Griffith. Both are excellent movies, IMHO, and if you've never seen the Griffith movie, you'll be blown away by his performance and the story line. So, break out the popcorn, pretzels and libations and enjoy an an afternoon at the picture show.
Face In The Crowd is a fantastic film. I'd never heard about it until about 10 years ago, when Keith Olbermann used to repeatedly feature it on his MSNBC show in relation to how the Lonesome Rhodes character (Andy Griffith) was eerily similar to right-wing con artist Glenn Beck, who had a depressingly popular show on Fox News at the time.

It was truly ahead of its time.

Date: November 2, 2019 04:54

Might be fun to see Springsteen host a weekly variety show - maybe an updated reboot of Hee Haw.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 2, 2019 18:17

I can see him hosting Family Feud, dressed as a cowboy.

Date: November 3, 2019 00:45

Regarding Hairball's mention of Hee Haw, I have to confess I watched it occasionally. The comment made me wonder what ever happened to the Hagar twins and where are the Hee Haw Honeys today. And, no, Bruce would not be a good host of Family Feud. The show belongs to Steve Harvey whose comments and faces at the stupidity of some of the contestant's answers make it an inane pleasure regarding forgetting the world for awhile.

Date: November 3, 2019 14:21

Bruce lives in Colts Neck, daughter is an equestrian competitor, and he has a horse farm down here near the Treasure Coast.

He is more than qualified to host Hee Haw. If he ever had the chance to play with Buck Owens and Roy Clark they would have burn down the barn!!!!!

Date: November 3, 2019 19:50

dmay
Regarding Hairball's mention of Hee Haw, I have to confess I watched it occasionally. The comment made me wonder what ever happened to the Hagar twins and where are the Hee Haw Honeys today.

My love for country music can partially be traced back to watching Hee Haw with my family back in the day when I was very young. winking smiley
And this song from season one, episode one, 1969: Where Are You Tonight

The silly ending of the song became sort of a popular "catchphrase" amongst all us kids at school.
The song also became a running gag on Hee Haw with many of the special guests taking part in it - including Johnny Cash. Where Are You Tonight compilation

I imagine Springsteen and his new cowboy persona could do it justice! Wearing overalls and a straw hat, I can hear it now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-03 19:54 by Hairball.

Date: November 3, 2019 19:58

Hairball
dmay
Regarding Hairball's mention of Hee Haw, I have to confess I watched it occasionally. The comment made me wonder what ever happened to the Hagar twins and where are the Hee Haw Honeys today.

My love for country music can partially be traced back to watching Hee Haw with my family back in the day. winking smiley
And this song from season one, episode one, 1969: Where Are You Tonight

The silly ending of the song became sort of a popular "catchphrase" amongst all us kids at school.
The song also became a running gag on Hee Haw with many of the special guests taking part in it - including Johnny Cash. Where Are You Tonight compilation

I imagine Springsteen and his new cowboy persona could do it justice! Wearing overalls and a straw hat, I can hear it now...

Yeah I used to love the silly one liner jokes in the Corn Field and one would raise their head with with a silly question and the other would raise his theirr her head.....

Example .... What did da rite eye say to the the left eye? "Ya know wut smells is between us ?? Reply: No Whut smeels? ------ the damn NOSE

Date: November 3, 2019 20:08

And can't forget good ole boy Junior:

Junior Samples - It Ain't Gonna Rain No More

"How the heck can I wash my neck when it ain't gonna rain no more" smiling smiley

Date: November 3, 2019 20:23

Love it!!! Great Stuff ....Wikipedia is a source that has all, the great starts regardless of genre or crimes hot smiley whom have appeared on Hee Haw

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 18, 2019 22:34

Anybody seen The Struts covering Dancing in the Dark?

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 19, 2019 04:07

This past weekend in Asbury Park.
Bruce played the Pony!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 19, 2019 09:42

dmay
Well, Bruce, I gotta thank you. Listening to you do "Rhinestone Cowboy" - which I haven't heard since Glen Campbell had a hit with it - reminded me of what I concluded back in the day - the song sucks.

As for Springsteen solo, the Rodney Dangerfield of his solo efforts once again gets overlooked. I will take "Tunnel Of Love" over "Tom Joad" and "Devils" any day of the week. Give it a spin if you haven't heard it or heard it for awhile. There's some great stories in the Tunnel songs.

Me too dmay, I love the man but prefer ‘other’genres, Cars , girls, fathers and mothers please.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 19, 2019 10:12

Just heard from my pal in Dublin. She said Bruce is coming back to Eire next year.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 19, 2019 21:17

babyblue
Just heard from my pal in Dublin. She said Bruce is coming back to Eire next year.

He's touring next year. Thats absolutely confirmed. We just don't know when. I think thats cause Bruce doesn't yet. He needs his album finished and doesn't know when thats happening yet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home