Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 19, 2016 14:32

UK dates also announced by Live Nation

[www.livenation.co.uk]

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 19, 2016 15:20

Bruuuuuuce

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 19, 2016 15:21

Just now UK dates
Bruce in the UK

Date: February 19, 2016 15:31

This is a better link
Bruce

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 19, 2016 15:40

June 22 - Parken, Copenhagen
June 25 - Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg
June 29 - Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo
July 9 - TW Classic, Werchter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-19 15:42 by erikjjf.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 19, 2016 21:35

I recommend everyone see this tour. It's one of
the best concert I've ever seen. Sunrise, Feb 16.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 20, 2016 11:34

Chris Fountain

Glad you had a good time, Chris. After sitting on the fence, I'm going to the Seattle show. Missed you on the NFL thread at the end of the season. Sorry about your Panthers & looking forward to butting heads next season. I believe the Panthers are coming to Seattle again this year. A pretty good rivalry is starting between the 2 teams. Back to Bruce: I have to wait about a month. I've listened to a few tapes & I think the reason I decided to go is Bruce stripped down the band. I much prefer that. I have pretty good memories of the original River tour. I saw 2 nights in a row (Seattle & Portland). I had unreal good floor seats in Seattle & when Bruce came out in the crowd he stood on the chair directly in front of me. Mine was the last hand he shook before going back on stage. I kind of cooled a little when he became hugely popular but have always enjoyed him. You can't really go wrong with the material this tour.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: February 20, 2016 16:00

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Glad you had a good time, Chris. After sitting on the fence, I'm going to the Seattle show. Missed you on the NFL thread at the end of the season. Sorry about your Panthers & looking forward to butting heads next season. I believe the Panthers are coming to Seattle again this year. A pretty good rivalry is starting between the 2 teams. Back to Bruce: I have to wait about a month. I've listened to a few tapes & I think the reason I decided to go is Bruce stripped down the band. I much prefer that. I have pretty good memories of the original River tour. I saw 2 nights in a row (Seattle & Portland). I had unreal good floor seats in Seattle & when Bruce came out in the crowd he stood on the chair directly in front of me. Mine was the last hand he shook before going back on stage. I kind of cooled a little when he became hugely popular but have always enjoyed him. You can't really go wrong with the material this tour.

I boycotted Bruce when the E Street Band became the E Street Orchestra. Too much on stage. The stripped down version of the band is riding high. I would see the show again.

Springsteen Ticket Policy - The way forward
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 25, 2016 01:36

Bruce tickets go on sale tomorrow. I just logged on to TM and noticed this. Not difficult to do, so why not everyone. The secondary market is just smoke and mirrors.

sc uk

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band - Seated
4.9 out of 5 stars (2890)
Wembley Stadium, London,
Sun 5 Jun 2016, 16:30
Details: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Please Note: The name of the lead booker will be printed on each price level 1 ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.The lead ...more
Event Info | Onsale Times | Price Range | Delivery Info | Ticket limits

Re: Springsteen Ticket Policy - The way forward
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 25, 2016 04:29

The only problem with this method is when you, the lead booker, find yourself unable to attend and are unable to sell the ticket (without great difficulty, anyway). I recently had this issue. Not all ticket resales are nefarious or for profit.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 25, 2016 04:46

Aquamarine
The only problem with this method is when you, the lead booker, find yourself unable to attend and are unable to sell the ticket (without great difficulty, anyway). I recently had this issue. Not all ticket resales are nefarious or for profit.

...and god forbid your just buying the tickets as a gift.

Date: February 25, 2016 11:50

Going.Got two tickets for Wembleysmileys with beer

Date: February 25, 2016 12:14

Aquamarine

But MOST ARE. Do we carry on with this authorized touting ?
Looks like I won't be attending as TM are up to usual tricks. Incorrect password when I tried to buy, even though I appeared to be logged in , then sent to the password resetting page via email. Reset password but could not use the "EXISTING ONE"which it wouldn't accept 5 mins ago ! By the time I got through these delay tactics I'm in a 20 minute queue that got stuck at 8 mins DO NOT REFRESH bollocks.

To Aqua and Treacle -

So all the people that are listing tickets on GETMEIN Viagogo etc etc have just realised that they are washing their hair on 5th June ?

If you can't attend for genuine reasons it's unfortunate, but as you say there is a way around it (admittedly with great difficulty) and if I was to buy a pair of tickets at around £200 as a gift I would probably know / trust the recipient well enough to lend them my card to gain access.

I would say at least 90% of people reselling tickets are trying to rob genuine fans. It needs to stop.

I missed out on seeing Prince last year, but he did the right thing (if the ticket sales were his only reason).

The law needs to change on this. I've had enough.

PS - Anyone got a Brian Wilson Ticket for Nottingham ? sad smiley

sc uk

Date: February 25, 2016 12:18

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

...and god forbid your just buying the tickets as a gift.

Whilst the methodology may need work, you have to applaud Bruce for making an effort to take the ticket brokers out of the loop. When tickets went on sale in Seattle it was bedlam. Only some of tickets had restrictions & a large number that didn't were immediately taken by the brokers. I was in the Ticketmaster system when the sale started & there wasn't even a hint that you could get the lowest price level there. When I requested those, really bad seats at the 2nd level came up. I switched my request to a single seat & luckily was able to get a good seat at the 2nd level. There are so many parties adding a cut to tickets (not the artists), it has become almost impossible to get a realistically priced ticket to a hot show. The service & handling fees for 1 ticket from Ticketmaster were nearly $30 on a $100 ticket. It is out of control.

Date: February 25, 2016 12:21

Update - My wife managed to get a pair of standing for Wembley Thank f**k ! I was spinning on 8 mins for all eternity.

Oh wait......what if we separate /divorce / die / have a sex change before 5th June ? How will I offload my tickets ? Maybe I'll do as in the past....give them away.

Now I need to stop >grinning smiley<

BACK ON THE THUNDER ROAD smileys with beer

sc uk

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 12:24

One of the several things one can do to make life harder for the scalpers is to put the tickets on sale for all dates (or at least most of them) simultaneously. The European tour announcement has been going on for 30 days now with each date going on sale separately. I bet scalpers are happy.

After being known for playing some of the longest shows ever, maybe Bruce aims for another record.

I thought I'd wait with our vacation planning until the dates are announced,but now I am not sure whether Bruce doesn't wait for me to plan our holiday first.

For the past 4 weeks my wife has been asking me daily which week in July should she book her time off for the family holiday and I have been asking her to wait and promising that the announcement of the Austrian / German dates should be done in a couple of days. It looks like I will have to believe the rumours, plan our vacation accordingly and hope the rumours are true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 14:01 by Happy24.

Date: February 25, 2016 13:57

Sold out in 24 minutes in Norway..

A new stadium (in my neighbourhood, so to speak) this time. Will be fun!

Date: February 25, 2016 14:24

straycatuk
Aquamarine

But MOST ARE. Do we carry on with this authorized touting ?
Looks like I won't be attending as TM are up to usual tricks. Incorrect password when I tried to buy, even though I appeared to be logged in , then sent to the password resetting page via email. Reset password but could not use the "EXISTING ONE"which it wouldn't accept 5 mins ago ! By the time I got through these delay tactics I'm in a 20 minute queue that got stuck at 8 mins DO NOT REFRESH bollocks.

To Aqua and Treacle -

So all the people that are listing tickets on GETMEIN Viagogo etc etc have just realised that they are washing their hair on 5th June ?

If you can't attend for genuine reasons it's unfortunate, but as you say there is a way around it (admittedly with great difficulty) and if I was to buy a pair of tickets at around £200 as a gift I would probably know / trust the recipient well enough to lend them my card to gain access.

I would say at least 90% of people reselling tickets are trying to rob genuine fans. It needs to stop.

I missed out on seeing Prince last year, but he did the right thing (if the ticket sales were his only reason).

The law needs to change on this. I've had enough.

PS - Anyone got a Brian Wilson Ticket for Nottingham ? sad smiley

sc uk

thumbs up

Date: February 25, 2016 14:47

06/17: Munich, Germany
06/19: Berlin, Germany
07/11: Paris, France
07/13: Paris, France

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 15:48 by Happy24.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 15:55

JTHanis
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

I boycotted Bruce when the E Street Band became the E Street Orchestra. Too much on stage. The stripped down version of the band is riding high. I would see the show again.

I, too, got sick of the 'orchestra' really quickly. Just a wall of sound, without much fire. Songs that sounded great in 1980 with 2 guitars did not benefit from 4 guitars and a horn section and backuo singers. It bored me, live

But I am heading to the show in Buffalo tonite, based on the reviews I have seen of this tour. Hope they are back to the basics, working-class rock that made the band great to begin with.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 16:56

buffalo7478
JTHanis
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

I, too, got sick of the 'orchestra' really quickly. Just a wall of sound, without much fire. Songs that sounded great in 1980 with 2 guitars did not benefit from 4 guitars and a horn section and backuo singers. It bored me, live

But I am heading to the show in Buffalo tonite, based on the reviews I have seen of this tour. Hope they are back to the basics, working-class rock that made the band great to begin with.
I loved the 2014 show I saw in CT with Tom Morello and all the backup musicians, but it was getting ridiculously bloated...imagine 4 electric guitars, plus Soozie and sometimes Patti playing acoustic. Was that all really necessary?

Nevertheless, it was an AWESOME show...check this out:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 16:57 by keefriff99.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 25, 2016 17:57

Tonight, they are playing Buffalo. I've never seen him. I always avoided him in the 70's and 80's. Though I do like a few of his songs, his "Ra Ra" show never appealed to me. His band always seemed like a bunch of hokey characters. I know that is being somewhat harsh but it is absolutely how I've always viewed them, along with a few close friends. I probably should have seen him once.

That aside, I do give him a LOT of credit for performing a full setlist, album plays, rarities, extended versions, Christmas songs, audience chats, playing Buffalo often, and most important GENERAL ADMISSION for the fans on the floor!!!!!!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 25, 2016 17:59

The Sicilian
Tonight, they are playing Buffalo. I've never seen him. I always avoided him in the 70's and 80's. Though I do like a few of his songs, his "Ra Ra" show never appealed to me. His band always seemed like a bunch of hokey characters. I know that is being somewhat harsh but it is absolutely how I've always viewed them, along with a few close friends. I probably should have seen him once.

That aside, I do give him a LOT of credit for performing a full setlist, album plays, rarities, extended versions, Christmas songs, audience chats, playing Buffalo often, and most important GENERAL ADMISSION for the fans on the floor!!!!!!

You will be converted

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 25, 2016 19:01

Playing First Niagara Center in buffalo. No snow here except small random piles.

Date: February 25, 2016 19:01

reg thorpe
The Sicilian

You will be converted

I don't think so. I understand that Sicilian is not going, which is a pity, since he/she would definitely change his/her mind.

Edid: I just realized this is my 2.000th post on this board. It could have been something more substantial smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 19:04 by Happy24.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 25, 2016 21:04

straycatuk
Update - My wife managed to get a pair of standing for Wembley Thank f**k ! I was spinning on 8 mins for all eternity.

Oh wait......what if we separate /divorce / die / have a sex change before 5th June ? How will I offload my tickets ? Maybe I'll do as in the past....give them away.

sc uk

Listen, I was just pointing out that this method of selling tickets isn't 100% perfect, and saying that sometimes there are valid reasons fans need to sell their tickets. (Edit: Or to give them away, just as difficult to accomplish.) Got it? Nobody is claiming scalping doesn't exist. Sheesh. Enjoy the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 21:07 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 22:03

Aquamarine
straycatuk

sc uk

Listen, I was just pointing out that this method of selling tickets isn't 100% perfect, and saying that sometimes there are valid reasons fans need to sell their tickets. (Edit: Or to give them away, just as difficult to accomplish.) Got it? Nobody is claiming scalping doesn't exist. Sheesh. Enjoy the show.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 25, 2016 23:41

Got tickets for Gothenburg the 27th of June, very excited!

Date: February 26, 2016 00:05

keefriff99
Aquamarine
straycatuk

sc uk

I agree wholeheartedly.

That settles it then . Not 100% perfect , but better than the usual scramble. Anything to reduce the reselling con.

sc uk

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 26, 2016 00:07

For those of you who are interested Bruce has remastered the soundboard of his opening night The River Tour in Pittsburgh! The original was a little muddy in spots, this one is MUCH better! Here are WT links:

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-26 01:22 by Mr.D.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home