Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 27, 2016 18:27

Yoko Ono is a great artist, a unique singer and a wonderful person. I love her. John Lennon loved her too I am told.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2016 21:32

keefriff99
BluzDude
There are some pretty nasty voice isolation tracks that I've heard of Linda. As for Patty, her "moment" in the live 10th Ave. Freeze Out is pretty irritating IMHO.
That's exactly what I'm talking about...that weird warbling was awful. That entire extended 15-minute version of 10th Ave is awe-inspiring except for that.

I especially love the buildup to introducing Clarence. Absolutely epic.

thumbs up

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 27, 2016 23:12

New dates announced:

March 19 — Los Angeles, CA — Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (On Sale Jan. 29, 10 a.m.)
TBD — Portland, OR — Moda Center (On Sale TBD)
TBD — Seattle, WA — KeyArena at Seattle Center (On Sale TBD)
March 28 — New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena (Jan. 24 Rescheduled)
March 31 — Denver, CO — Pepsi Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 3 — Oklahoma City, OK — Chesapeake Energy Arena (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
April 5 — Dallas, TX — American Airlines Center (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
April 7 — Kansas City, MO — Sprint Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 10 — Greensboro, NC — Greensboro Coliseum (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
TBD — Columbus, OH — Schottenstein Center (On Sale TBD)
April 14 — Auburn Hills, MI — The Palace of Auburn Hills (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 18 — University Park, PA — Bryce Jordan Arena (On Sale Feb. 6, 10 a.m.)
April 20 — Baltimore, MD — Royal Farms Arena (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 23 & 25 — Brooklyn, NY — Barclays Center (On Sale Jan. 29, 11 a.m.)
May 19 — Lisbon, Portugal — Rock in Rio Lisboa

[brucespringsteen.net]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 27, 2016 23:32

Why only one European date on that list,surely more to be announced very soon?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2016 06:31

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Almost without a doubt.

Setlist for MSG tonight very similar to night 1. Candy's Room the only tour premiere. And ONLY 3 hours as opposed to the other 3 and a half hour show so far.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 28, 2016 10:02

Decision 2016: Iggy Pop with Josh Homme or Springsteen? I'm afraid this one isn't even close for me. Iggy all the way. I saw 2 of the River shows in 1980 (actually shook Bruce's hand when he came out in the crowd in Seattle). I don't think he's going to top that. This is about budgetary considerations. It's essentially Queens of the Stoneage backing Iggy. I'm real down with that. Iggy is getting older now & the show is in a cool old theater. Bruce is playing an outdated arena. Iggy presale is today....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 15:12

crholmstrom
Decision 2016: Iggy Pop with Josh Homme or Springsteen? I'm afraid this one isn't even close for me. Iggy all the way. I saw 2 of the River shows in 1980 (actually shook Bruce's hand when he came out in the crowd in Seattle). I don't think he's going to top that. This is about budgetary considerations. It's essentially Queens of the Stoneage backing Iggy. I'm real down with that. Iggy is getting older now & the show is in a cool old theater. Bruce is playing an outdated arena. Iggy presale is today....
I listened to a few of the Iggy/Josh tracks and they didn't blow me away. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but it just didn't grab me.

Honestly, Josh Homme has never blown my socks off. I have a friend who's obsessed with everything he does, and I keep trying to get into his work, and it doesn't work for me. I LIKE him just fine...Kyuss and QOTSA both have great songs, but I just don't get the hard-on some people have for him.

Date: January 28, 2016 15:53

keefriff99
crholmstrom
I listened to a few of the Iggy/Josh tracks and they didn't blow me away. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but it just didn't grab me.

Honestly, Josh Homme has never blown my socks off. I have a friend who's obsessed with everything he does, and I keep trying to get into his work, and it doesn't work for me. I LIKE him just fine...Kyuss and QOTSA both have great songs, but I just don't get the hard-on some people have for him.

This one for me is more about Iggy. @ age 68, I don't imagine there are going to be many more chances to see him. He sounded real good on Colbert. I was lucky I got to see the Funhouse (with Mike Watt) Stooges lineup twice when they reformed. Both were amazing shows & different. One was at a large outdoor festival & the other in a small auditorium. The original Stooges are all gone now except for Iggy & that's a sad thing. I'd like to see him with James Williamson but it doesn't feel like the Stooges without the Asheton brothers. I don't think it does for Iggy either. According to the email I got from QOTSA, they are going to perform music from Iggy's entire catalog in addition to the new stuff. In regards to Bruce, I still like some of his music but I'm not really hard core into it anymore. I got to see him twice on the original Darkness tour & twice on the original River tour. After that, he's been hit & miss for me. Part of that is the fans. It's become pretty ritualized. I always thought the River would've been a great single album but was too long as a double. I think I would get restless going through the whole thing. I do like that he's stripped down the band some. I may relent & go but it will depend on ticket prices & what night of the week. Those work night shows are rugged & a 3.5 hour show would be tough getting up at 4 the next morning. The Iggy show is at the Paramount Theater. Much better venue. I tend to prefer the smaller shows nowadays for the most part. Iggy is definitely one of my all time faves & I'm looking forward to this. Not many dates & we're lucky to get one in Seattle. One last note: I saw one QOTSA show in a small club with Dave Grohl on drums. That was mighty!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 28, 2016 16:09

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Most likely more european gigs in the month of May.!!!
Hope to catch Bruce in Amsterdamhot smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: January 28, 2016 16:17

crholmstrom
keefriff99
crholmstrom

This one for me is more about Iggy. @ age 68, I don't imagine there are going to be many more chances to see him. He sounded real good on Colbert. I was lucky I got to see the Funhouse (with Mike Watt) Stooges lineup twice when they reformed. Both were amazing shows & different. One was at a large outdoor festival & the other in a small auditorium. The original Stooges are all gone now except for Iggy & that's a sad thing. I'd like to see him with James Williamson but it doesn't feel like the Stooges without the Asheton brothers. I don't think it does for Iggy either. According to the email I got from QOTSA, they are going to perform music from Iggy's entire catalog in addition to the new stuff. In regards to Bruce, I still like some of his music but I'm not really hard core into it anymore. I got to see him twice on the original Darkness tour & twice on the original River tour. After that, he's been hit & miss for me. Part of that is the fans. It's become pretty ritualized. I always thought the River would've been a great single album but was too long as a double. I think I would get restless going through the whole thing. I do like that he's stripped down the band some. I may relent & go but it will depend on ticket prices & what night of the week. Those work night shows are rugged & a 3.5 hour show would be tough getting up at 4 the next morning. The Iggy show is at the Paramount Theater. Much better venue. I tend to prefer the smaller shows nowadays for the most part. Iggy is definitely one of my all time faves & I'm looking forward to this. Not many dates & we're lucky to get one in Seattle. One last note: I saw one QOTSA show in a small club with Dave Grohl on drums. That was mighty!
Completely understand that. I've never seen Iggy before so maybe I'll try to make either the NYC or Boston show depending on which day it is.

QOTSA with Grohl on drums? Now THAT I'd pay to see.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2016 16:20

I can't really speak to Iggy, but I can speak for Bruce. I've seen him 10 times now I think. This is the first tour in awhile that I'm missing. I saw him do The River in 09 when he did it ONCE on the Working On A Dream tour. It was incredible. One of the best shows I ever saw. Then again, The River's my favorite album, and it was a one off, so it was very special.

Now that he's doing a whole tour of it, I feel the specialness (not of my night, but of doing the record) is kind of gone. The great thing about MSG is it felt like it was all hardcores there, and specifically there to see that album. It made for a great energy. When it becomes the focal point of a tour, you get the typical casual fans that are just going cause its Bruce. I don't really wanna see The River with them, but I'm being picky. Its a combination of a lot. He raised his ticket prices to be about $170 after all the fees, which is a lot to go an 11th time. On top of it, I already saw him do this album, so I basically saw this show. Thirdly, I don't think he could top what I saw in 09. And even if he could, I have that memory of that amazing show. I don't really need to match it.

So thats how I see it. I REALLY wanted to see him this tour. I hadn't seen him since 2012 so its been a while. But as soon as he announced the album, I kind of checked out. For what its worth, I've heard the shows have been really good, and I'm sure they are. I'm happy for others if they really love this album to get that experience. If he can do that "great night" I had all over the country, thats certainly a cool thing. Also, if you happen to JUST be a fan of 1980 and earlier Bruce, this is kind of the tour for you. I can't help you if you don't love all of the River, but this is definitely the most he's played ONLY BITUSA and back setlists. There's really not much room for anything else, so you really are getting The River, and then hits. So you should know most of the show, if that factors into the decision.

But again, the way I see it is Bruce will be around. I don't think this is the last E Street Band tour, as it seems like a bad farewell, so you should have that chance again. Bruce himself isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so I didn't go this tour and I'm fully certain he'll be back again some other time still doing great shows. Iggy is older, and his brand of performing can only last so long. So I understand you wanting to catch him, and for the money which I assume is WAY cheaper than Bruce, he's probably the better choice. By no means is this tour a bad Bruce show, but he'll be back and Iggy is less so on that front in my mind.

Date: January 29, 2016 13:37

RollingFreak
I can't really speak to Iggy, but I can speak for Bruce. I've seen him 10 times now I think. This is the first tour in awhile that I'm missing. I saw him do The River in 09 when he did it ONCE on the Working On A Dream tour. It was incredible. One of the best shows I ever saw. Then again, The River's my favorite album, and it was a one off, so it was very special.

Now that he's doing a whole tour of it, I feel the specialness (not of my night, but of doing the record) is kind of gone. The great thing about MSG is it felt like it was all hardcores there, and specifically there to see that album. It made for a great energy. When it becomes the focal point of a tour, you get the typical casual fans that are just going cause its Bruce. I don't really wanna see The River with them, but I'm being picky. Its a combination of a lot. He raised his ticket prices to be about $170 after all the fees, which is a lot to go an 11th time. On top of it, I already saw him do this album, so I basically saw this show. Thirdly, I don't think he could top what I saw in 09. And even if he could, I have that memory of that amazing show. I don't really need to match it.

So thats how I see it. I REALLY wanted to see him this tour. I hadn't seen him since 2012 so its been a while. But as soon as he announced the album, I kind of checked out. For what its worth, I've heard the shows have been really good, and I'm sure they are. I'm happy for others if they really love this album to get that experience. If he can do that "great night" I had all over the country, thats certainly a cool thing. Also, if you happen to JUST be a fan of 1980 and earlier Bruce, this is kind of the tour for you. I can't help you if you don't love all of the River, but this is definitely the most he's played ONLY BITUSA and back setlists. There's really not much room for anything else, so you really are getting The River, and then hits. So you should know most of the show, if that factors into the decision.

But again, the way I see it is Bruce will be around. I don't think this is the last E Street Band tour, as it seems like a bad farewell, so you should have that chance again. Bruce himself isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so I didn't go this tour and I'm fully certain he'll be back again some other time still doing great shows. Iggy is older, and his brand of performing can only last so long. So I understand you wanting to catch him, and for the money which I assume is WAY cheaper than Bruce, he's probably the better choice. By no means is this tour a bad Bruce show, but he'll be back and Iggy is less so on that front in my mind.

I got 11th row center for Iggy! He's only doing 20 dates world wide. Good article from the NY Times here:

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 30, 2016 03:06

I wrote earlier in this thread I scored tix for his show in Phoenix. Funny, now, I have no interest in seeing the show. Have lost my interest in seeing Springsteen live and don't know exactly why. I know the band will play well, he'll put on a helluva performance, but I go, "Meh, nothing I haven't seen or heard before in some way shape or form". The missus and daughter are looking forward to it. So, what happened? I have this same view toward a number of groups/performers, including the Stones...been there, done that, show me something new. Anyone else experience something like this? How do you get excited to see someone or some band where you know almost every note or gesture they will make? What makes him/her/them worthwhile?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 30, 2016 05:11

dmay
I wrote earlier in this thread I scored tix for his show in Phoenix. Funny, now, I have no interest in seeing the show. Have lost my interest in seeing Springsteen live and don't know exactly why. I know the band will play well, he'll put on a helluva performance, but I go, "Meh, nothing I haven't seen or heard before in some way shape or form". The missus and daughter are looking forward to it. So, what happened? I have this same view toward a number of groups/performers, including the Stones...been there, done that, show me something new. Anyone else experience something like this? How do you get excited to see someone or some band where you know almost every note or gesture they will make? What makes him/her/them worthwhile?

The way I look at it, virtually everyone I see anymore is in their 60s or beyond. I keep going because one of these days it will be the last time I'll ever see them. Glad I saw the Eagles two years ago (only time ever)...wish I had seen Bowie back in 2004 when I had the chance (would have been my first and only time).

My favorites won't be around forever, so it's worth the predictability. Someday in the not-too-distant future, I won't be going to any concerts, because they'll all be retired or dead!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 30, 2016 10:12

I'll be there for both Iggy and Bruce--and also for many newer bands. Looks to be a great musical spring and summer! smiling smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 31, 2016 17:32

Aquamarine
I'll be there for both Iggy and Bruce--and also for many newer bands. Looks to be a great musical spring and summer! smiling smiley

Indeed. I'm going to the Springsteen show in Newark tonight and yesterday got tickets to see Ig in Philadelphia in April. Woo-hoo!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 31, 2016 18:47

crholmstrom
Decision 2016: Iggy Pop with Josh Homme or Springsteen? I'm afraid this one isn't even close for me. Iggy all the way.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
I wanted to score a ticket for the Paris show. The 2800 tickets sold in like two minutes... Enjoy the Popomme for me! >grinning smiley<

Date: January 31, 2016 20:15

dcba
crholmstrom
Decision 2016: Iggy Pop with Josh Homme or Springsteen? I'm afraid this one isn't even close for me. Iggy all the way.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
I wanted to score a ticket for the Paris show. The 2800 tickets sold in like two minutes... Enjoy the Popomme for me! >grinning smiley<

Will do! It was my bday Thursday. Celebrated by getting the Iggy tix & new copies of "The Idiot" & "Lust for Life". My music collection took a severe beating about 10 years ago. Was out of steady work for 2 years. Am more than good now. I also picked up some of the 1999 Bowie remasters. They sound real good. Can't wait for the "Popomme" cd! It is shaping up to be a fine spring musically. At this point I have tix for Iggy, the Who & the Cure. Not too sure about which I'm most excited about. Most likely the Cure as I have never seen them & have wanted to for 25+ years but Iggy is a real close 2nd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-31 20:17 by crholmstrom.

Date: February 1, 2016 16:56

Jah Paul
dmay

The way I look at it, virtually everyone I see anymore is in their 60s or beyond. I keep going because one of these days it will be the last time I'll ever see them. Glad I saw the Eagles two years ago (only time ever)...wish I had seen Bowie back in 2004 when I had the chance (would have been my first and only time).

My favorites won't be around forever, so it's worth the predictability. Someday in the not-too-distant future, I won't be going to any concerts, because they'll all be retired or dead!
I know how you feel.

I never got to see the Eagles even though I had several opportunities, and I'm kicking myself for putting it off. You just never know...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 19:50

According to La Republica Bruce will be playing at the Circo Massimo in Rome on 16 July and at Milan San Siro on 13 July. Sorry at work so no time to give a complete translation.

Bruce in Italy

Date: February 2, 2016 23:13

desertblues68
According to La Republica Bruce will be playing at the Circo Massimo in Rome on 16 July and at Milan San Siro on 13 July. Sorry at work so no time to give a complete translation.

Bruce in Italy

Wow that's great and if it happens I will go.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 23:16

It seems Bruce in Milano july 3rd, San Siro stadium. Not 13 th

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 2, 2016 23:19

HMS
Yoko Ono is a great artist, a unique singer and a wonderful person. I love her. John Lennon loved her too I am told.

oooh,she's a unique singer alright, that's one way of putting it.

Date: February 2, 2016 23:20

andrea66

Yes I just checked Bruce's own website and it says Milan 3rd July and Rome 16th July.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: gallagher ()
Date: February 2, 2016 23:50

corriecas
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Most likely more european gigs in the month of May.!!!
Hope to catch Bruce in Amsterdamhot smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Pinkpop (Netherlands) and Werchter (Belgium) are rumoured. Nothing confirmed

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: February 3, 2016 03:35

On the other hand, we won't be around forever (well, I will - somebody has to keep Keef company), so why not take a dance with other acts? We saw All Them Witches a week ago and they were fun, as were Bully, Lucero, and Birdcloud. All enjoyable in their own way and band members like to talk to codgers like us who have been around the block.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 05:56

Nate
andrea66

Yes I just checked Bruce's own website and it says Milan 3rd July and Rome 16th July.

Nate thumbs up
I really need to visit the optician againgrinning smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 10:59

it will be a long tour, there are 2 months between Lisbon and Rome. good news for Springsteen fans. If he is not going to change the setlist (the first 22-23 songs are always the same) i will go to Milano only ( 1 hour from my house).

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 3, 2016 11:04

He won't change setlist beacuse this is The River tour - he's playing the whole album.

Date: February 3, 2016 13:57

keefriff99
Jah Paul
dmay

I know how you feel.

I never got to see the Eagles even though I had several opportunities, and I'm kicking myself for putting it off. You just never know...

I saw them in May & it was a fine show. Do yourself a favor & if you get a chance to go see Joe Walsh, do it. He blew me away. & it looked like he was amazing the band, too. Best parts of the show were his songs. & not just the rocking stuff. "Pretty Maids All in a Row" was stunning.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home