Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: birdie ()
Date: December 17, 2015 23:24

Rumors of a Las Vegas show at The Joint,(4,000 seat capacity), to be aired on HBO!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 20, 2015 08:11

Springsteen's appearance on SNL was pretty darn good. 1 new/outtake song (Meet Me In The City), 1 from The River album (Ties That Bind) and the finale was Santa Claus is coming to town with all the cast joining in PLUS PAUL McCARTNEY.

(Meet Me In The City) v

[www.gossipcop.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-20 21:37 by mighty stork.

Date: December 20, 2015 20:11

I couldn't fall asleep after that finale!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 20, 2015 21:42

Videos of first two songs:

Bruce Springsteen - Meet Me in the City

[www.youtube.com]

Bruce Springsteen - The Ties That Bind

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 20, 2015 21:59

BBC4 tonight at 11pm two programmes about Bruce and the river tour.

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 17, 2016 15:58

Great opening night in Pittsburgh!

1. Meet Me In The City
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Sherry Darling
4. Jackson Cage
5. Two Hearts
6. Independence Day
7. Hungry Heart
8. Out In The Street
9. Crush On You
10.You Can Look....
11.I Wanna Marry You (Here She Comes intro)
12.The River
13.Point Blank
14.Cadillac Ranch
15.I'm A Rocker
16.Fade Away
17.Stolen Car
18.Ramrod
19.The Price You Pay
20.Drive All Night
21.Wreck On The Highway
22.Badlands
23.Wrecking Ball
24.Backstreets
25.Because The Night
26.Brilliant Disguise
27.The Rising
28.Thunder Road

encores
29.Rebel Rebel (Tribute To Bowie)
30.Bobby Jean
31.Dancing In The Dark
32.Born To Run
33.Rosalita
34.Shout

3hrs 24 min.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 17, 2016 18:00

european gigs, please !!
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 17, 2016 22:23

I never cared much for The River. All issues and re-issues sound lousy, most songs are rather mediocre, the rockers more or less sound all alike and so do the ballads. The title track, Stolen Car & Point Blank are the only songs I really dig.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: January 17, 2016 22:36

These songs from the Tempe 1980 concert film sound and look fantastic. It's a pity this dvd is only included in the deluxe version of The Ties That Bind.

"Ramrod":

[www.youtube.com]

"Out in the street":
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 17, 2016 23:42

birdie
Great opening night in Pittsburgh!

1. Meet Me In The City
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Sherry Darling
4. Jackson Cage
5. Two Hearts
6. Independence Day
7. Hungry Heart
8. Out In The Street
9. Crush On You
10.You Can Look....
12.The River
13.Point Blank
14.Cadillac Ranch
15.I'm A Rocker
16.Fade Away
17.Stolen Car
18.Ramrod
19.The Price You Pay
20.Drive All Night
21.Wreck On The Highway
22.Badlands
23.Wrecking Ball
24.Backstreets
25.Because The Night
26.Brilliant Disguise
27.The Rising
28.Thunder Road

encores
30.Bobby Jean
31.Dancing In The Dark
32.Born To Run
33.Rosalita
34.Shout

3hrs 24 min.

Awesome set list and nice touch with the Bowie tribute.

Date: January 19, 2016 11:04

Fade Away (Thanks, Gazza):

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 19, 2016 16:46

Wow. Seeing this show in Boston in a couple weeks. I would be delighted with a similar set!! But it is Bruce Springsteen, so who knows? Psyched. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 19, 2016 18:18

He's doing the entire "The River" album at every show on the tour. Bruce has the best setlist diversity of any major artist.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: January 19, 2016 18:22

I wouldn't be surprised if he also adds "Take it Easy" to the setlist now...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 19, 2016 18:52

keefriff99

Springsteen, much like U2, gets ceaselessly and mindlessly bashed by many Stones fans here because:

a. He's earnest
b. He still puts on marathon shows
c. He shuffles the setlists nightly to the point that you can get 40-50 unique songs over two shows
d. He genuinely cares about his fans and audience and keeps ticket prices reasonable

In other words: he does everything the Stones DON'T do.

Yeah but 3+ hrs of so-so perfs of good songs is tedious and heartbreaking. He may chnage the setlists he may pick song requests from the audience during a show, the fact is Brooce IS tired.

He's trapped in is "mammoth gigs" reputation so he can't do the logical thing : an 18-songs gig plus a 3-songs encore and "goodnight!".

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 19, 2016 19:19

Yeah he is indeed TIRED.

Date: January 19, 2016 19:53

dcba
keefriff99

Springsteen, much like U2, gets ceaselessly and mindlessly bashed by many Stones fans here because:

a. He's earnest
c. He shuffles the setlists nightly to the point that you can get 40-50 unique songs over two shows
d. He genuinely cares about his fans and audience and keeps ticket prices reasonable

Yeah but 3+ hrs of so-so perfs of good songs is tedious and heartbreaking. He may chnage the setlists he may pick song requests from the audience during a show, the fact is Brooce IS tired.

He's trapped in is "mammoth gigs" reputation so he can't do the logical thing : an 18-songs gig plus a 3-songs encore and "goodnight!".

Not at all. Springsteen loves to play live, and he respects and appreciates his audience. He is at the stage in his career where he completely calls the shots without any fear or worry about what critics or even his fans think. He has long lived his life on his own terms. Like him or not, he is the best live act out there in terms of what he delivers for the (reasonable) cost of a ticket to one of his shows. I saw him for the first time on The River tour in 1980 and I'm looking forward to seeing him again this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-19 20:20 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 19, 2016 20:06

TornAndFried
dcba
keefriff99

a. He's earnest

Not at all. Springsteen loves to play live, and he respects and appreciates his audience. He is at the stage in his career where he completely calls the shots without any fear or worry about what critics or even his fans think. He has long lived his life on his own terms. Like him or not, he is the best live act out there in terms of what he delivers for the (reasonable) cost of a ticket to one of his shows. I'm looking forward to seeing him again on this tour.

I agree. Also, after forty-plus years of doing this (similar to the Stones), chances are he doesn't even NEED the money he earns, that's probably just a nice bonus... Also, why don't the Stones do audience requests (other than their pre-determined song vote winner)? winking smiley

On a somewhat unrelated note, I was crushed when I tried to get tickets to the tour opener, and failed... freaking scalpers... I was disappointed, but just imagine how decimated I was when I saw he covered 'Rebel Rebel'!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 19, 2016 21:39

His music has gotten pretty boring over the past three decades. He was a good live act in former years, but now his voice has gone, all he delivers is boring screaming and he needs 25 musicians to back him. He once might have been "Boss" but now he´s done. Whats the use of a boring three hours-plus concert, I´d prefer 1 1/2 hours of exciting music.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 19, 2016 22:01

birdie
Rumors of a Las Vegas show at The Joint,(4,000 seat capacity), to be aired on HBO!

Saw he Stones there

Date: January 19, 2016 22:26

HMS
His music has gotten pretty boring over the past three decades. He was a good live act in former years, but now his voice has gone, all he delivers is boring screaming and he needs 25 musicians to back him. He once might have been "Boss" but now he´s done. Whats the use of a boring three hours-plus concert, I´d prefer 1 1/2 hours of exciting music.

When is the last time you have been to a Springsteen concert?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 20, 2016 00:00

I found his concert at the Emirates a joy; it was three hours well spent, yet I loathe the Working On A Dream album.

Date: January 20, 2016 00:46

HMS

Thanks for the review, I'll have to sell my ticket for Newark!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 20, 2016 00:56

HMS

I find you become boring HMS. All this negativity about everyone.
Jeroen

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 20, 2016 01:46

HMS
He should have retired in the early 90s. He is done.
His voice is gone, he´s not singing anymore, all he does is screaming, screaming, screaming. They should have quit touring/recording after the Big Man has been gone. The last couple of albums were extremely disappointing. The songs were so bad and this irish producer ruins everything, imo. I dont know why people still like BS, he is a pale shadow of his former self in fact.

Year after year it´s getting more embarrassing.

And now for something completely different...

HMS
He can easily change setlists night after night, he has a band that knows all the songs... For him the challenge isnt that great, no matter which songs they play, he is just screaming the lyrics... Do you remember that horrible "Born In The USA Live" - he was just screaming and screaming and... screaming. He just slaughtered the album in front of the audience.

And now for something completely different...

HMS

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 20, 2016 17:08

Springsteen's live prowess is unmatched. Looks to me like HMS does not like the latter day Bruce Springsteen, which is ok... but to say his "voice is gone," and, "What's the use of a three hours plus concert," well, his voice is absolutely, unequivocally NOT gone, and, ermmm... Three hours plus = more music = more joy..

This is not the same band as it was in 1980... Some members are not with us, and everyone else has aged. Bruce has aged!! His voice has aged. But... not that much. I really like the later albums. Maybe not as much as I like a few of the early classics, but hey, the man is putting out good stuff, still, imo. I'm very excited for the 3 hour+ River revival show.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 20, 2016 17:17

1. Meet Me In The City
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Sherry Darling
4. Jackson Cage
5. Two Hearts
6. Independence Day
7. Hungry Heart
8. Out In The Street
9. Crush On You
10.You Can Look....
12.The River
13.Point Blank
14.Cadillac Ranch
15.I'm A Rocker
16.Fade Away
17.Stolen Car
18.Ramrod
19.The Price You Pay
20.Drive All Night
21.Wreck On The Highway
22.Badlands
23.Wrecking Ball
24.Backstreets
25.Because The Night
26.Brilliant Disguise
27.The Rising
28.Thunder Road

encores
30.Bobby Jean
31.Dancing In The Dark
32.Born To Run
33.Rosalita
34.Shout

3hrs 24 min.

[we.tl]

Shout wouldn't fit on the WT file so I have it on Dropbox, email me and I will send it to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 19:38 by Mr.D.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 20, 2016 17:42

Bobbyb98
I wouldn't be surprised if he also adds "Take it Easy" to the setlist now...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 21, 2016 00:49

I saw Bruce's show in Chicago last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. "The River"
section was very good and refreshing to hear tunes which are not commonly played.
My only disappointment was "Rebel Rebel"was dropped and replaced with "Take it Easy" as a tribute to Glen. Would have been sweet to keep both tunes in the set.

Bruce does try to keep ticket prices low for his fans. He could certainly charge more. He also releases tickets the day of the show - his fan base knows this which cuts back on the scalping (I assume).

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 22, 2016 14:08

At this moment I'm listening to "Point Blank" from Pittsburgh, must be one of the saddest versions I've ever heard from Bruce! Great! Thanks!

Up to now, I was listening to a lossy source, so thanks Mr.D!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-22 17:14 by Rank Stranger.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home