Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: superglen ()
Date: December 9, 2015 10:55

mtaylor
How many will play band next time - more than 20?

2007 - 11 members
2009 - 14 members
2013 - 19 members
2014 - 19 members

It says 10 members, but math would suggest 26 members smileys with beer

in 2007/2008 (Magic Tour) the ESB toured as a 9-piece (sometimes 10-piece) line up
in 2009 (Woad Tour) the ESB toured as a 11-piece (sometimes 12, sometimes 13-piece) line up
in 2012/2014 (WB and HH tours) the ESB toured as a 17-piece (sometimes 18-piece) line up

in 2016 they'll go out as a 10-piece, but as usual Patti will drop in and out as she favors, so they'll often play as a 9 piece

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 10, 2015 03:32

I will sneak my door to my office closed on Friday morning, log onto the TM website, and try for tickets to Boston. I will most likely fail,as I have every single other time I have tried to get Springsteen tickets, or possibly be offered seats way, way up high, and way, way in the back, that I cannot take. Dammit. Why dinI bother? I have seen the Stones every tour they have come to Boston since Steel Wheels, yet I can never score Springsteen tix.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: December 10, 2015 13:32

superglen
mtaylor
How many will play band next time - more than 20?

2007 - 11 members
2009 - 14 members
2013 - 19 members
2014 - 19 members

It says 10 members, but math would suggest 26 members smileys with beer

in 2007/2008 (Magic Tour) the ESB toured as a 9-piece (sometimes 10-piece) line up
in 2009 (Woad Tour) the ESB toured as a 11-piece (sometimes 12, sometimes 13-piece) line up
in 2012/2014 (WB and HH tours) the ESB toured as a 17-piece (sometimes 18-piece) line up

in 2016 they'll go out as a 10-piece, but as usual Patti will drop in and out as she favors, so they'll often play as a 9 piece

This news pleases me. I got a little tired of the E Street Orchestra.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 13:44

Sighunt
HMS
He should have retired in the early 90s. He is done.
His voice is gone, he´s not singing anymore, all he does is screaming, screaming, screaming. They should have quit touring/recording after the Big Man has been gone. The last couple of albums were extremely disappointing. The songs were so bad and this irish producer ruins everything, imo. I dont know why people still like BS, he is a pale shadow of his former self in fact.

Year after year it´s getting more embarrassing.

We could say that about the Rolling Stones too couldn't we?, but the show that I saw at Buffalo, NY this last July was arguably one of the better shows they delivered in many a year.

In the case of Bruce- I don't know what your smoking- but the guy has actually grown and challenged himself, taking risks, releasing albums with different musical tones and directions- which is more than I can say about our stagnant Stones (who-regarless will always be first in my book), but I have to call it the way it is. Right up there with the Stones- Bruce is still one the best live performers-bar none.
Springsteen, much like U2, gets ceaselessly and mindlessly bashed by many Stones fans here because:

a. He's earnest
b. He still puts on marathon shows
c. He shuffles the setlists nightly to the point that you can get 40-50 unique songs over two shows
d. He genuinely cares about his fans and audience and keeps ticket prices reasonable

In other words: he does everything the Stones DON'T do. It's pure jealousy on the part of these certain Stones fans...they'll deny it and claim they just don't like his music, but the bitterness oozes out to the point that they give their true motivation away.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: December 10, 2015 15:09

No Detroit dates. Again. The hell with him.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: December 10, 2015 17:56

I am not a fan but Springsteen has that old time work ethic plus I am sure all his musicians appreciate all the touring with all the good paychecks they take home in this lousy economy for musicians....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-10 17:57 by triceratops.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 10, 2015 18:12

Is it not unusual for both ticketbastard and AXS to sell for the same event?

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 10, 2015 18:18

Pete66
Bruce just confirmed he will play the entire River album, that's 20 tracks, at every show on the upcoming tour in sequence! Of course he will play other favorites as well.

Pete.

probably my favorite Springsteen album

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 19:33

keefriff99
Sighunt
HMS
He should have retired in the early 90s. He is done.
His voice is gone, he´s not singing anymore, all he does is screaming, screaming, screaming. They should have quit touring/recording after the Big Man has been gone. The last couple of albums were extremely disappointing. The songs were so bad and this irish producer ruins everything, imo. I dont know why people still like BS, he is a pale shadow of his former self in fact.

Year after year it´s getting more embarrassing.

We could say that about the Rolling Stones too couldn't we?, but the show that I saw at Buffalo, NY this last July was arguably one of the better shows they delivered in many a year.

In the case of Bruce- I don't know what your smoking- but the guy has actually grown and challenged himself, taking risks, releasing albums with different musical tones and directions- which is more than I can say about our stagnant Stones (who-regarless will always be first in my book), but I have to call it the way it is. Right up there with the Stones- Bruce is still one the best live performers-bar none.
Springsteen, much like U2, gets ceaselessly and mindlessly bashed by many Stones fans here because:

a. He's earnest
b. He still puts on marathon shows
c. He shuffles the setlists nightly to the point that you can get 40-50 unique songs over two shows
d. He genuinely cares about his fans and audience and keeps ticket prices reasonable

In other words: he does everything the Stones DON'T do. It's pure jealousy on the part of these certain Stones fans...they'll deny it and claim they just don't like his music, but the bitterness oozes out to the point that they give their true motivation away.

God he is so boring

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 19:59

meh, I'll go to the Chicago show because it's a 20 min bus ride away and a reasonably priced ticket, but he just ain't the Stones for me. I do appreciate Bruce taking measures to thwart scalpers, good for him...

"Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only; RESTRICTIONS APPLY: CREDIT CARD USED FOR PYMT AND ID REQ'D TO ENTER: TICKET IS NON TRANSFERABLE."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-10 20:32 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 10, 2015 21:43

I agree, Stones50. The Stones are my Number 1, but Bruce and U2 both put on most excellent shows. Hope to catch the Atlanta River show.

Date: December 10, 2015 22:28

Elmo Lewis
I agree, Stones50. The Stones are my Number 1, but Bruce and U2 both put on most excellent shows. Hope to catch the Atlanta River show.

If you agree with Stones50 that Bruce is so boring, why would you go to the show?confused smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 23:04

BluzDude
Elmo Lewis

If you agree with Stones50 that Bruce is so boring, why would you go to the show?confused smiley

I think Elmo agrees with keefriff99. Stones50 quoted keef's post before expressing his / her boredom smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-10 23:05 by Happy24.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2015 03:11

I was in the 4th row of the Phoenix show that was just released on DVD. Forgot entirely that they filmed it. Hope I make a "cameo"!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 11, 2015 20:28

I'm in. Phoenix in March. I'm gonna have to go back and listen to The River now to familiarize myself with all of the songs.

Date: December 11, 2015 20:52

Heading to the "Dump that Jumps" on March 15. There is supposed to be a second LA show added, we are waiting on that.....

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 21:40

Scored decent upper deck for 3/3 milwaukee and GA floor seats for Chicago. I like the idea of $150 priced GA floor. Allows for lively fans to get close to the action for a fair price.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 13, 2015 16:42

71Tele
I was in the 4th row of the Phoenix show that was just released on DVD. Forgot entirely that they filmed it. Hope I make a "cameo"!

Welcome back! thumbs up

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 13, 2015 17:56

My wife managed to get tickets for the Rochester, NY show by going to the Blue Cross Arena early and waiting in line. Tickets for his show sold out within an hour. Unfortunately, several friends of ours who tried to get through to Ticketmaster kept getting knocked out and were unsuccessful. Later in the day I checked Stub Hub and Vivid Seats which were selling decent seat Bruce tickets for thousands of dollars a piece. This whole ticket buying experience sucks.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 13, 2015 17:56

European gigs, when..????
jeroen

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 13, 2015 18:12

Was hard to get 2 Milwaukee tickets when the sale started so I went for just 1 for myself and got a nice one a few rows off the floor a section from the stage. Should be a good seat and I'm looking forward to this show. I've always thought that The River was that last great album that he put out. Born In The USA was good but I feel the songwriting wasn't as solid even though it had a load of hits.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 13, 2015 22:48

rbk
No Detroit dates. Again. The hell with him.

Uh, he's touring to promote The River, not The Lake. :-) I feel your pain, but can you blame anyone for not wanting to go to Michigan in the middle of winter?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 13, 2015 23:42

Got two tix for his Ft. Lauderdale show in February, 36 years to the day I saw the River tour in Lakeland, Florida!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 13, 2015 23:57

Mr.D
Got two tix for his Ft. Lauderdale show in February, 36 years to the day I saw the River tour in Lakeland, Florida!

Great, enjoy !!
Jeroen

Date: December 14, 2015 00:07

I failed to get tix, as always, but fortunately a friend came through for me. Going on Feb 4. First Bruce show, after many years of wanting to go. I'm psyched!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 14, 2015 00:33

Re Springsteen and his output, though The River is very good, don 't forget later albums such as Tunnel of Love and The Rising. Tunnel of Love is excellent, a great commentary about the relationships between men and women and men and life. It's a very much overlooked gem in Springsteen's catalog.

Date: December 14, 2015 06:08

BluzDude
Heading to the "Dump that Jumps" on March 15. There is supposed to be a second LA show added, we are waiting on that.....

March 17 - GAs at the "Dump"smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 14, 2015 15:23

dmay
Re Springsteen and his output, though The River is very good, don 't forget later albums such as Tunnel of Love and The Rising. Tunnel of Love is excellent, a great commentary about the relationships between men and women and men and life. It's a very much overlooked gem in Springsteen's catalog.

Agreed, he has produced some late era gems. Even his post-Rising albums have been decent. But the albums you mentioned are especially good.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 14, 2015 20:39

I'd love to go to either the MSG/NYC or Newark gig for this new Springsteen tour...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 15, 2015 04:25

The 2 shows I saw at the Uptown Theater in Chicago 1980 were riveting. The band was in great form, and Bruce was really feeling the power. I caught 2 shows on the Darkness tour as well as my first phenomenal E Street band gig in 75 at Grady Gammage Auditorium in Tempe. This was the famous "balcony rocking show" where you could see it bouncing up and down with people dancing. I have seen Bruce numerous times since then, but I am now pretty much done with big arena gigs now because the people have just become too obnoxious and me less tolerant.

The River is still a great album, and Bruce still brings what he has left in the tank at his gigs.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home