Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 21, 2018 02:38

TheflyingDutchman
I was actually looking for the unedited SCB version with good stereo audio quality (or even footage) that later appeared on Yaya's. If that pops up we know for sure: Keith didn't change guitars during Taylor's solo on the original. This interesting SCB version seems to be missing on youtube, actually it's nowhere to be found.

Yep the elusive tape from nov 28th 1st show will prove everything.

Date: February 21, 2018 09:41

TheflyingDutchman
I was actually looking for the unedited SCB version with good stereo audio quality (or even footage) that later appeared on Yaya's. If that pops up we know for sure: Keith didn't change guitars during Taylor's solo on the original. This interesting SCB version seems to be missing on youtube, actually it's nowhere to be found.

Is there an easter egg I missed here, or something? smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2018 10:53

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

No easter egg is missing, It would just be great to hear both the original and the edited (?) version.

Date: February 21, 2018 11:12

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

No easter egg is missing, It would just be great to hear both the original and the edited (?) version.

You mean the version without overdubs in great quality?

I had to check my Ya Yas Deluxe-copy, to check if there was a bonus track on there that I missed grinning smiley

Date: February 21, 2018 11:25

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

You mean the version without overdubs in great quality?

I had to check my Ya Yas Deluxe-copy, to check if there was a bonus track on there that I missed grinning smiley

Damn, you're telling me you have that version without overdubs? Post it right now!smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 11:26 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 21, 2018 12:09

Sounds much the same on other live versions, so even if there are overdubs it's just done in standard tuning imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 12:46 by His Majesty.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 7, 2018 17:50

listening now the japanese London CD from 1989, great record in every edition they release!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 26, 2018 08:36

i was led to this thread by floodonthepage who responded to my questions in the OK, for All You Ya Yas and Gimme Shelter Film Experts Out There, thread.

So I have one question, maybe already answered somewhere in this 16 page thread, but what is the highest quality audio source for Get Yer Ya Yas Out? I would assume it is either on the SACD 2002 edition or on the 2009 40th anniversary edition.

plexi

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 27, 2018 22:05

Review by Rob Patterson here:

[bestclassicbands.com]

He compares the live and studio versions and then goes on to say:

"The studio majesty of “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Gimme Shelter” and their stripped-down live verve on this set ..."

So has a version of Ya-Yas with "Gimme Shelter"? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-28 13:51 by Rank Stranger.

Get Yer Ya Ya's Out
Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: October 28, 2018 20:26

Must apologise 'cause I thought I had asked this previously however I cannot find it in my " searches"
In 1969 at MSG which guitars did Keith use for them?

1. 00:00 Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. 04:00 Carol

3. 08:00 Sympathy For The Devil

4. 14:40 Stray Cat Blues

5. 18:25 Love In Vain

6. 23:40 Prodigal Son

7. 27:25 You Gotta Move

8. 29:50 Under My Thumb - I'm Free

9. 36:10 Midnight Rambler

10.45:10 Live With Me

11.48:15 Little Queenie
Thanks. I appreciate the help.
BP

Re: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out
Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: October 29, 2018 01:45

Nevermind. Upon further research will go with the semi hollow body Ibanez AS73 loaded with SD Antiquities For Open G tunings and an LP for Standard tunings.
BP

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: October 29, 2018 11:06

Keith used a Ampeg/Dan Armstrong Plexi and a Gibson ES for standard Tuning and a Gibson LP Standard and LP Custom for open Tuning.
In 1971 he used the Dan Armstrong for open Tuning as well. I don not know when he started doing so.

Date: October 29, 2018 11:50

RockingLonestar
Keith used a Ampeg/Dan Armstrong Plexi and a Gibson ES for standard Tuning and a Gibson LP Standard and LP Custom for open Tuning.
In 1971 he used the Dan Armstrong for open Tuning as well. I don not know when he started doing so.

He had two Dan Armstrongs in 1971. Not sure if he started to use both on the 1970-tour, but I believe he did.

Date: October 30, 2018 07:18

RockingLonestar

I thought Plexi was only associated with drums, Charlie's drums specifically. Be careful in using that word.

plexi

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: October 30, 2018 11:26

timbernardis
RockingLonestar

I thought Plexi was only associated with drums, Charlie's drums specifically. Be careful in using that word.

plexi

For all know-it-alls: The correct Name of material is lucite!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 30, 2018 13:38

RockingLonestar
timbernardis
RockingLonestar

plexi

For all know-it-alls: The correct Name of material is lucite!

The correct name is acrylic. All other names are trade names.

Mathijs

Date: October 31, 2018 02:30

lucite or acrylic both sound acceptable to me, NEVER use Plexi to describe a guitar or anything else!!

plexi

Instruments used on Ya Yas?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:40

I’m specifically talking about the guitars they used to record Little Queenie with. I know KR used a Dan Armstrong on this tour, but did he use it for this recording as well? I mean he must’ve changed guitars a few times.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Instruments used on Ya Yas?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:51

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 7, 2019 23:19

Awesome video. Great stuff.

Date: February 7, 2019 23:21

Keith played a ES 335 on Queenie and Satisfaction while Taylor played his SG on all the songs except for Love In Vain. He played slide on a Les Paul tuned to open g for that one.

Date: February 7, 2019 23:58

Thanks for the video. A pity they edited that final Taylor lick out on the YaYa's release, I like it.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: February 8, 2019 00:00

Without wishing too appear too nit-picking - it's a Gibson ES355.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 23:54 by xke38.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 8, 2019 00:55

During the single shot of Bill we see the headstock of the Armstrong guitar so that is a throw in.

I disagreed that Taylor played in open G. He played in standard through out.

Date: February 8, 2019 10:09

dadrob
During the single shot of Bill we see the headstock of the Armstrong guitar so that is a throw in.

I disagreed that Taylor played in open G. He played in standard through out.

His Love in Vain solo is in open G, on the same Burst that Keith used for HTW.

Mathijs

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: February 8, 2019 13:05

vudicus
[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, I can't stand these videos. The guitarist plays a solo and the camera
is most of the time still on the singer who is just prancing around or it shows the drummer.
A good or better say very bad example for this is the video of Cream's FarewellConcert at the Royal Albert Hall.
While Eric is playing his ass off the camera is on Ginger or Jack.
Most of the cameramen back then obviously did know nothing about was was going on on stage.

Though still thanks for posting.
I see it as a historic document.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 8, 2019 16:38

Mathijs, I am not here to argue ( God I hate that crap on boards) but I am sure MT is is standard. He played it is standard on Ladies n Gents and when he plays without a slide during the 69 tour on this song the licks are very clearly in standard. he has the country style bend that needs the high E string. I worked out those solos ages ago. You can of course continue to hold your opinion but my eyes and ears tell me otherwise. There are low string runs that have to be standard and since the song is in G MT can work those three middle strings like crazy ..I am assuming you play guitar so this is not gibberish to you.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 8, 2019 17:34

I've always been in awe of players who can play such sublime slide in standard tuning.

My attempts always resemble a tone deaf string quartet trying to to tune up.

[In open tunings I'm fine. I expect its the damping I haven't been able to master]

Date: February 8, 2019 17:45

dadrob
Mathijs, I am not here to argue ( God I hate that crap on boards) but I am sure MT is is standard. He played it is standard on Ladies n Gents and when he plays without a slide during the 69 tour on this song the licks are very clearly in standard. he has the country style bend that needs the high E string. I worked out those solos ages ago. You can of course continue to hold your opinion but my eyes and ears tell me otherwise. There are low string runs that have to be standard and since the song is in G MT can work those three middle strings like crazy ..I am assuming you play guitar so this is not gibberish to you.

There are versions were Taylor plays slide on LIV in in standard tuning, I think the '72 tour (nasty music boot). Listen to that and notice the difference with the YaYa's version. That is played in open G, by Taylor.

Date: February 8, 2019 17:59

dadrob

Yeah I play guitar once in a while. Taylor played both solo's in open G in '69 (the double stops on the B and E string, 15th fret, are give-aways) on Keith's Bigsby burst with a chrome slide, Gibson SG standard tuning without slide in 1970 and 1971, in 1972 and 1973 Gibson Les Paul standard tuning first solo slide (glass), second solo without slide.

Mathijs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home