Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Where is my IORR post? Deleted? Merged?
Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 21, 2015 14:54

The Theo to rehab thread getting deleted was pretty lame.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2015 15:12

HighwireC

But some post of mine were deleted already, some of them yesterday.

The only posts I delete are those posts who are political, religious or offensive in some way. Some people started a fight on the "Paris" thread and those posts were NOT about Paris so I took them away. Feel free to post anything within the IORR policy.

If you have been around here for years then I am sure you know that 99.9% stay, and you would also know what 0.1% I do delete, because someone else on IORR has taken offence and reported it. And if I deleted one or two posts too many, harmless posts, by accident, then feel free to post again, given it is not political or religious...

PS. A post is just a post. It may be re-posted. It is not like I killed your cat or something. If I were to take these "where are my posts" discussions every time something was deleted, when some started or maintained a fight here on IORR, with or without accident, I would have to close down IORR completely, which is not the plan yet. I have a normal life too, outside IORR. Don't take every post of your seriously. If it was submitted to New York Times may be they would have rejected it too.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 15:17 by bv.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 21, 2015 16:13

Waaaa ...

Delete them all yourself!

Waste your own time, not the moderator's time or our time.

You'll have to use "edit" on one post at a time. Erase whatever text you want, then "save changes".

And when you're finished with that, you can write something so offensive that the moderator bans you permanently... then you're done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 16:18 by schillid.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 21, 2015 16:15

bv
HighwireC

But some post of mine were deleted already, some of them yesterday.

The only posts I delete are those posts who are political, religious or offensive in some way. Some people started a fight on the "Paris" thread and those posts were NOT about Paris so I took them away. Feel free to post anything within the IORR policy.

If you have been around here for years then I am sure you know that 99.9% stay, and you would also know what 0.1% I do delete, because someone else on IORR has taken offence and reported it. And if I deleted one or two posts too many, harmless posts, by accident, then feel free to post again, given it is not political or religious...

PS. A post is just a post. It may be re-posted. It is not like I killed your cat or something. If I were to take these "where are my posts" discussions every time something was deleted, when some started or maintained a fight here on IORR, with or without accident, I would have to close down IORR completely, which is not the plan yet. I have a normal life too, outside IORR. Don't take every post of your seriously. If it was submitted to New York Times may be they would have rejected it too.

BV, you don't want any political statements here on a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones.

I've chosen my nickname because of this very political statement, done by my favorite band:

If your intentions would by grounded by any kind of logic, you'll have to delete my account.

And done with that:

Quit all relations to The Rolling Stones, a band better known by many political statements ...

HighwireC

Date: November 21, 2015 16:19

waaaaaa

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 21, 2015 17:19

This is the weirdest thread ever.

you can simply never click on the IORR link anymore and then it will disappear from your life, as if you never heard of the place. In effect, you can ban yourself.

Instead, you keep posting obsessively about your desire to not be here anymore.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2015 17:26

Rokyfan
This is the weirdest thread ever.

you can simply never click on the IORR link anymore and then it will disappear from your life, as if you never heard of the place. In effect, you can ban yourself.

Instead, you keep posting obsessively about your desire to not be here anymore.

Nah...there's plenty that could take that title. I nominate the . thread.

Anyway, to HighwireC...I expect when you calm down you'll feel a little foolish over all your delete me posts. But, don't worry about it, we love you anyway. If I had a nickle for everytime I regretted something that came out of my mouth or keyboard, I'd be rich by now.

One love, ya'll. cool smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 21, 2015 17:48

schillid
Waaaa ...

You'll have to use "edit" on one post at a time. Erase whatever text you want, then "save changes".

And when you're finished with that, you can write something so offensive that the moderator bans you permanently... then you're done.

That's also my take on this....if you want to change history do it your self................
And if you don't want to post anymore.....(which is a pity)........ just close the door silently and please don't slam it I got a headache grinning smiley

Come on HighwireC take a rest and join in a couple of weeks................

Date: November 21, 2015 17:58

An enlightening take on the role that social media plays in our complaining about our small, first world problems. Not intended as a rebuke to you HighwireC, just thought it would give some needed perspective. I complain as much as the next one about all the small things in my world that cause me discomfort or some unhappiness. We would all do well to heed Lou Holtz's words at the end of this article. cool smiley

I pulled out some of the more interesting quotes below the link.

The Microcomplaint: Nothing Too Small to Whine About

[www.nytimes.com]

The authors of the paper assert that we are now in a culture that valorizes victimhood. “The moral status of the victim, at its nadir in honor cultures, has risen to new heights,” they write, which “increases the incentive to publicize grievances.” Instead of pursuing violent or legal confrontation or letting the insult slide, the victim now appeals for support from third parties while “emphasizing one’s own oppression,” often through social media.

So pervasive is this sentiment that it breeds “competitive victimhood,” infecting even those who have relatively little standing to cite their persecution — for instance, white people who bring up reverse racism, or various Fox News broadcasters. (As one may expect, the paper has been endorsed by social centrists and conservatives such as Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist who has written about discrimination in his field against conservatives.)

Although microcomplaints are an apolitical phenomenon and distinct from complaints arising from microaggressions, there may be a connection. Since whatever the microcomplainers have endured casts their adversaries as villainous (whether it’s a tardy cable technician or inclement weather), it correspondingly raises their own moral status as innocent victims.

Bellyaching for sympathy is not new behavior. But on social media, in an era in which everyone, as per Tony Soprano, is “crying and confessing and complaining,” it is being legitimized and rewarded in ways we have never seen. Gary Cooper probably would not have grumbled about the Starbucks barista misspelling his name in order to gain points.

“Never tell your problems to anyone,” the legendary football coach Lou Holtz said. “Twenty percent don’t care, and the other 80 percent are glad you have them.”

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2015 18:07

NICOS
schillid
Waaaa ...

That's also my take on this....if you want to change history do it your self................
And if you don't want to post anymore.....(which is a pity)........ just close the door silently and please don't slam it I got a headache grinning smiley

Perhaps you could contract out DandelionPowderman to do the job for you? winking smiley

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would think it was the moderators responsibility to delete all your posts, that requires a bit of time and effort but I can't understand why someone couldn't have their account deleted if they requested it. confused smiley But I do think such requests should be made to Bjornulf via email instead of a public post, only he is going to be able to help you out. Perhaps an "everybody please report me" post would do the job if you insist on such a public event.

Date: November 21, 2015 18:08

latebloomer
The Microcomplaint: Nothing Too Small to Whine About

So true. A guy doesn't like the paper coffee cup he gets .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2015 18:09

I understand why there are so many wars in the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2015 18:11

This thread is turning into a Python sketch... grinning smiley

And HighwireC reminds me of Eric Idle in the "dirty fork" skit :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2sUcVkm9E

BV of course is the innocent customer. winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 18:18 by dcba.

Date: November 21, 2015 18:12

bv
I understand why there are so many wars in the world.

It's all the fault of those coffee cups, Bjornulf. grinning smiley

Date: November 21, 2015 18:17

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2015 18:17

Maybe his computer was hacked by those he was being so critical of - aka 'the enemy' - and/or a bit of paranoia is sinking in.

As EddieByword said - "Never talk about, sex, religion or politics with people you don't know well."

Posts can be self-deleted, but not ones that have been quoted - sorry charlie too late.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 18:26

dcba
This thread is turning into a Python sketch... grinning smiley

And HighwireC reminds me of Eric Idle in the "dirty fork" skit :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2sUcVkm9E

BV of course is the innocent customer. winking smiley
lol

it's fortunate he didn't say anything about the dirty knife !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2015 20:13

I for one would like all my posts merged into one ginormous post, just so I have all that great content in one HTML page.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 21, 2015 21:29

Naturalust
NICOS
schillid
Waaaa ...

Perhaps you could contract out DandelionPowderman to do the job for you? winking smiley

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would think it was the moderators responsibility to delete all your posts, that requires a bit of time and effort but I can't understand why someone couldn't have their account deleted if they requested it. confused smiley But I do think such requests should be made to Bjornulf via email instead of a public post, only he is going to be able to help you out. Perhaps an "everybody please report me" post would do the job if you insist on such a public event.

NL your a genius

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 21:32

There is a rumor that IORR only goes back 12 or so years because 13 years ago someone wanted to have their account and posts deleted, and was mocked and ridiculed so much they just hired some hackers and took down and erased the whole server?

There's another rumor that this was actually the first act of "cyber crime".

Date: November 22, 2015 00:50

keithsman

NL your a genius
I guess that's a backhanded compliment, being called a genius in a misspelled comment.

Date: November 22, 2015 01:48

Rokyfan
keithsman

NL your a genius
I guess that's a backhanded compliment, being called a genius in a misspelled comment.

Your kidding...what has he misspelt?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 22, 2015 01:49

treaclefingers
Rokyfan
keithsman

NL your a genius

You're.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 22, 2015 01:50

Deltics
treaclefingers
Rokyfan
keithsman

NL your a genius

You're.

Your kidding?!!!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 22, 2015 16:32

Question - is it possible for someone to leave the blog on their own?

Date: November 22, 2015 16:34

nightskyman

No...you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 22, 2015 16:41

Were you writing under your own name I would understand this urge to have your posts deleted and your account closed. But almost all of us are using pseudonyms so I don't understand the deal here.

Date: November 22, 2015 16:46

latebloomer
nightskyman

grrr! you usurped my intended post!

Date: November 22, 2015 16:50

treaclefingers
latebloomer
nightskyman

Gotta pick up the speed, my friend.

Date: November 22, 2015 16:59

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
nightskyman

Gotta pick up the speed, my friend.

you have a 3 hour jump on me! I'm still working on my first cuppa!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home