Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where is my IORR post? Deleted? Merged?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2015 07:39

Some times you will be missing your IORR post. You feel you wrote something very important, something that really matters to you. Still it is gone. Vanished. Nowhere to be seen. So what happened? Well this is the faith of posts on IORR:

IT IS STILL HERE!

99,9% of all posts on IORR stay exactly where you posted it. Just do a search for it. Search by Author here:

[www.iorr.org]

So then may be you will find out it has been moved or merged, into a more structured section. If you post "Happy Birthday David Bowie" then it might be moved to an Off Topic thread marked "OT: David Bowie stuff" or similar. This is not a Beatles, Garth Brooks or Tom Hanks fan club site, it is about The Rolling Stones, so we don't want to have more threads about Garth Brooks than about Charlie Watts, right?

IF IT IS NOT HERE:

Then first of all, if you are not sober, get sober. If you are sober, ask yourself this question: "Did I say something that is breaking the posting policy?" The posting policy is here, as linked up on the top of every forum page through the top page link "forum help and policies":

[www.iorr.org]

Some people post stupid stuff when they are drunk. So I just delete it. No worries. People say stupid things. It is not the end of the world, and as I delete it, there is no harm. I don't have time to discuss, to ask why people post stupid things, if they are drunk and so on.

You might have posted something that was not stupid at all, like 2+2=4, or may be you posted something great about religion or politics. May be that was important to you, but you have to ask yourself this: Is this the right place for mathemathical equations? Is IORR a political or religious arena? Is your opinion the scientifically only right solution to world problems?. Would every single person on planet Earth agree with your post? Is it right for you to discuss politics and religion on IORR, even if the "licence to post" here says differently?

SO MAY BE IT IS HERE STILL!

This is where I will place most of the "where is my post" threads, unless I delete them. If it is not here, you know why. No offense. Nothing personal. I don't even look who is posting. If Mick Jagger or Charlie Watts posted about religion on IORR, then may be I would keep it open here, because it is On Topic, but if President Obama or The Prince of Wales or Mark Zuckerberg or any other VIP posted about politics or religion here I would delete it, sorry folks.

If you wonder how to find this very thread in say 5 months, 5 years or in 50 years, then use this IORR home page link for the most important forum links:

Forum links
of interest

And if you want to discuss the IORR posting policy, you do know where I am. Please do not start an "I am going crazy" thead. There are thousands of people posting on IORR. This is not a madhouse. Please contact me. I do respect every person, but I can't have anything going on here really. This is the way to contact me:

E-mail: iorr@arena.no

Bjornulf
IORR Editor & Moderator

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 15:03 by bv.

BV, please delete all my posts and my ACCOUNT; PLEASE!!!!
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 21, 2015 00:59

BV, please delete all my posts and my ACCOUNT; PLEASE!!!!

Re: BV, please delete all my posts and my ACCOUNT; PLEASE!!!!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:25

Why?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:30

Naturalust
Why?

Maybe they's being hunted for sport?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:33

Heh Highwire..........I remembered something Andy Warhol said...."You can never tell anybody anything"...........and withdrew.

And, even if a consensus could be reached on this board on who's responsible - directly or indirectly - for this shit storm , who we gonna tell? Ghostbusters?

I've reverted to a thing I learnt as a cab driver many years ago........."Never talk about, sex, religion or politics with people you don't know well".............and take it easy..

I certainly wouldn't bugger off voluntarily for the sake of a handful of pugnacious people who shout loudly about "Long live freedom" but then don't even allow other people the freedom to have an opinion that's different from theirs without getting abusive...............................Keith said something about that.....oh yeah, Talk is cheap.......

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 05:39 by EddieByword.

Date: November 21, 2015 01:42

Don't leave, HighwireC!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:44

Highwire, stay!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:48

Munichhilton
Naturalust
Why?

LOTS of turkeys round these parts...easy shootin if ya know where to find em.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 21, 2015 02:09

shadooby
Munichhilton
Naturalust
Why?

LOTS of turkeys round these parts...easy shootin if ya know where to find em.

Agreed....turkeys, jackassess just about any game you need...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 21, 2015 04:11

I hate to say this but I saw it coming... Look, in the current climate it is impossible to state any opinion without being labelled "left-wing" or "right-wing" which is usually an excuse for people to not listen any further for what you're actually trying to say. Therefore, probably BV's advice is probably the best one could follow - don't start political discussions here, they usually end in a fight. It's sad, but true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 04:41 by alimente.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 21, 2015 06:33

Maybe he got caught posting on message boards on his work computer. In some work places, that can get you into trouble.

Re: Where is my IORR post? Deleted? Merged?
Date: November 21, 2015 08:00

Regarding this thread:

OT: Paris terror attacks
[www.iorr.org]

Normally I just delete posts about terror. It does not belong here, and terrorists do not have the right to dominate our brain. The reason why I allowed this thread to live is because:

1. I really hate to delete any thread
2. I love France
3. I love life

I knew that thread would be like a lamp in the hot summer night to some, asking for personal posts, very appropriate, risking some political posts, accepted within limitations, but with the risk of political and religious fights. It took a week, then I had to delete may be 10-20 very out of line posts that were surely political, religious or unusual aggressive.

Surely we can not have such posts on IORR. We are all sorts of people here. We are two million different people here! We are hindu, catholics, atheists, muslims, methodists, some are even Keithists, and I want to keep it that way. You may believe in Thor or Odin, you might believe in miracles, and you might have the real solution to world peace. But please do not start your campaign or your crusade here. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: November 21, 2015 09:07

bv
Regarding this thread:

OT: Paris terror attacks
[www.iorr.org]

Normally I just delete posts about terror. It does not belong here, and terrorists do not have the right to dominate our brain. The reason why I allowed this thread to live is because:

1. I really hate to delete any thread
2. I love France
3. I love life

I knew that thread would be like a lamp in the hot summer night to some, asking for personal posts, very appropriate, risking some political posts, accepted within limitations, but with the risk of political and religious fights. It took a week, then I had to delete may be 10-20 very out of line posts that were surely political, religious or unusual aggressive.

Surely we can not have such posts on IORR. We are all sorts of people here. We are two million different people here! We are hindu, catholics, atheists, muslims, methodists, some are even Keithists, and I want to keep it that way. You may believe in Thor or Odin, you might believe in miracles, and you might have the real solution to world peace. But please do not start your campaign or your crusade here. Thanks!

Delete my account, BV, please!

HighwireC.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 21, 2015 09:19

You are so scary HighwireC, and you have always been. What a shame. Du wirst doch die paar rechten Trottel aushalten?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 09:20 by silkcut1978_.

Delete my account, BV, immediately!
Date: November 21, 2015 09:45

... and without any more delay!

HighwireC

Re: Delete my account, BV, immediately!
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2015 10:01

HighwireC
... and without any more delay!

HighwireC

He won't do it ... so the only way out of your predicament is to end it all, throw yourself off a tall bridge over a fast flowing river !! He's tricky is this moderator. Bans you when don't wanna be banned, doesn't delete you when you wanna be deleted .... it's truly a hard life huh ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 21, 2015 11:36

Grand Torino. Closing scene. Walt Kowalski - Clint Eastwood - brilliant scene. Says it all in this case.

Bjornulf

BV: Is getting banned the only way to get out of Your place?
Date: November 21, 2015 12:18

So BV, ban me, please.

I just don't want to be Your slave!

HighwireC

Re: BV: Is getting banned the only way to get out of Your place?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 21, 2015 12:21

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 23:02 by vudicus.

Date: November 21, 2015 12:27

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 23:01 by vudicus.

Date: November 21, 2015 12:36

What's the benefit of getting one's account and messages deleted? Sorry, I don't get it. If someone wants to go - just stop logging in and posting! It's easy. No need to play the drama queen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 12:37 by alimente.

Date: November 21, 2015 12:37

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 23:02 by vudicus.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 21, 2015 12:43

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 21, 2015 12:45

vudicus
alimente
What's the benefit of getting one's account and messages deleted? Sorry, I don't get it. If someone wants to go - just stop logging in and posting! It's easy.

What does it matter if you don't get it?
People have their reasons, that really should be enough.

Sorry, but you sound like a drama queen.

Of course it does not matter if I get it or not because I am not important. I am not the master of ceremonies here. But if someone wants BV to spend his time for something like this, at least he should understand why. Otherwise it's just kindergarden and fully understandable that he just gives a f...!

Date: November 21, 2015 12:49

alimente
vudicus
alimente
What's the benefit of getting one's account and messages deleted? Sorry, I don't get it. If someone wants to go - just stop logging in and posting! It's easy.

What does it matter if you don't get it?
People have their reasons, that really should be enough.

Sorry, but you sound like a drama queen.

Of course it does not matter if I get it or not because I am not important. I am not the master of ceremonies here. But if someone wants BV to spend his time for something like this, at least he should understand why. Otherwise it's just kindergarden and fully understandable that he just gives a f...!

No drama.
I asked BV a question. Simple.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 12:52 by vudicus.

Date: November 21, 2015 13:16

If you don't like it on a place then you are free to leave. There is a button on every browser saying BACK. Taking you to the previous page you visited. And there is Google. And Bing. And your favorite bookmarks. Millions of web sites are there if you think IORR is not for you. But please don't waste out time telling us you are bored here. It makes no sense.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 21, 2015 13:45

vudicus
BV, The dude wants to leave.

Why can you not just delete his posts and close his account like he's asked you to several times?

You've clearly been posting on here so you must've seen the several requests.
What's the deal?

Because that would affect the threads he/she posted in.

Date: November 21, 2015 14:01

Say you have an intersting life and you talk to many interesting people and your post on internet and you send letters to New Your Times and you post on Youtube and Facebook and the local paper and many other places. Then suddely after many years you want to be another person and you contact all these people and want them to ersase the memory of anything you said, same with all the other media online and offline, present, previous wifes, husbands, parents, everything.

May be you will succeed on such a project but surprise surprise people do not erase their memory and Google and Bing and Facebook and the libraries and so on have copies of everything published online and offline. Unless you are the head of a fundamental total state controlling and censoring and rewriting history like it never happened, there are really very few states where you are able to make what you said and what you told and what you wrote dissappear like it never happend.

My advice to anytone is don't say anything unless you mean it, and if it is not nice, don't say it. Be responsible a nd care of other people. I have lived a long life and I never regret anything. I might have said many stupid things, I might have offfended many, no intention, but I don't expect friends to erase their memory of what I said or did.

Bjornulf

Date: November 21, 2015 14:42

bv
Say you have an intersting life and you talk to many interesting people and your post on internet and you send letters to New Your Times and you post on Youtube and Facebook and the local paper and many other places. Then suddely after many years you want to be another person and you contact all these people and want them to ersase the memory of anything you said, same with all the other media online and offline, present, previous wifes, husbands, parents, everything.

May be you will succeed on such a project but surprise surprise people do not erase their memory and Google and Bing and Facebook and the libraries and so on have copies of everything published online and offline. Unless you are the head of a fundamental total state controlling and censoring and rewriting history like it never happened, there are really very few states where you are able to make what you said and what you told and what you wrote dissappear like it never happend.

My advice to anytone is don't say anything unless you mean it, and if it is not nice, don't say it. Be responsible a nd care of other people. I have lived a long life and I never regret anything. I might have said many stupid things, I might have offfended many, no intention, but I don't expect friends to erase their memory of what I said or did.

I've been for over ten years on this board. I don't regret any of my posts.
I've tried to post deeply grounded statements and valid news, hardly working in a foreign language, btw.

But some post of mine were deleted already, some of them yesterday.

The picture of me. my identity, painted by myself, is incomplete and demolished, it's wrong now.

So I'll have to stop it now.

Peace.
HighwireC

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2015 14:47

Calm down, HighwireC. You're not the only one who had posts erased. Just let it go. Not a big deal. You have been here for 10 years; it would be only stupid to leave for a minor upset like this one.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home