Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Any Fans Of The Quireboys?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 17, 2015 04:07

I know they have had many band members come and go. A friend at work loves them and The Black Crowes. Listening to the first album. Sex Party cracks me up. Any fans? Are their live dvds pretty good?

Re: OT- Any Fans Of The Quireboys?
Date: November 17, 2015 05:13

the first album is the best but the song you mentioned is terrible. the band has a clear faces influence

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 17, 2015 05:41

They did a great cover of Heartbreaker

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 17, 2015 08:11

I don't know their music at all, besides the song 7 O Clock which is truly excellent.

I believe we're talking about the same band.

Date: November 17, 2015 08:19

RollingFreak
I don't know their music at all, besides the song 7 O Clock which is truly excellent.

yes same band. "hey you", "I don't love you anymore", "misled", "roses and rings" and "take me home" are great too

Date: November 17, 2015 11:04

There was a thread here some time ago about Spike doing the Frankie Miller tribute release. That was a nice one, imo.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 17, 2015 18:42

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak

Yeah, great album, happened to get free tickets and see them on that tour. Still have a shirt from the show somewhere!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: November 17, 2015 20:36

YES!! I love them, i have all of their records and dvds and have seen them many many times also. The singer Spike Gray is from my neck of the woods up in Newcastle. They supported The Stones at St'James Park in 1990 also. In my opinion they haven't made a weak album but i guess my favourite is the second one Bitter Sweet and Twisted.
Check out this gig from a couple of years ago. You can buy it also alongside their last album as a set.
[youtu.be]
ps; you're friend has great taste, i am a huge Black Crowes fan too and now the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 17, 2015 21:33

I love them! Seen them a few times and am off to see them again on Saturday - great, fun band live.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: November 17, 2015 21:52

I like them a lot! My 7 inch vinyl of "I DonĀ“t Love You Anymore" is so worn out, that it makes me think my school days (when it came out) must have been quite a drama-period of time. Old school brit rock - hard to beat.

Fillmore

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 17, 2015 22:56

I've seen The Quireboys in the early 2000s. They did a really great rock show. At the end of the show, they invited people including me to come on stage during the song 'Sex Party'.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 20, 2015 20:15

geordiestone
YES!! I love them, i have all of their records and dvds and have seen them many many times also. The singer Spike Gray is from my neck of the woods up in Newcastle. They supported The Stones at St'James Park in 1990 also. In my opinion they haven't made a weak album but i guess my favourite is the second one Bitter Sweet and Twisted.
Check out this gig from a couple of years ago. You can buy it also alongside their last album as a set.
[youtu.be]
ps; you're friend has great taste, i am a huge Black Crowes fan too and now the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.

Watched the concert, loved it! Is that on dvd? I looked up the band Bonafide on youtube, pretty good. That video led me to a band called the Electric Boys. Some funk metal thing. I don't think they are on the same record label.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2015 23:04

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak

yes same band. "hey you", "I don't love you anymore", "misled", "roses and rings" and "take me home" are great too

Agree 100%

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 20, 2015 23:10

Going to see the Quireboys next month ..in Purmerend winking smiley ( Netherlands)

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 21, 2015 00:07

Great band seen them twice

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 21, 2015 13:07

Bitter Sweet & Twisted once was a favourite of mine, but it suffered a bit from the typically 80's sound mix - thunderous drums with tons of reverb, guitars that really rock but sound strangely tame, not "in your face"... All in all, a bit too clean mix for great music like this.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 21, 2015 15:36

They used to play a lot in the Marquee Club in their early days. Sounds familiar?

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 22, 2015 18:21

Saw them playing acoustically in a small club in Cardiff last night - excellent as ever!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home