Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

R.I.P. Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:17

[www.jambands.com]

The drummer for the classic original Motörhead line-up.

A Rock 'n Roll lifer.

Re: R.I.P. Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:19

RIP- a great drummer. Hard to top the original Motorhead lineup....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:20

Sad - he certainly was an animal on the drums.

Ace of Spades....

RIP.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 12, 2015 21:39

Aw, thats sad. I wasn't even a fan of the band, but thats sad to hear. Always thought that was a great name. Really legendary three-piece, that actually just played together recently. Actually, not surprisingly, I don't think Phil played but the guitarist did. Just to sad to see guy's getting older. Lemmy's 70th birthday is in a month.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 12, 2015 22:10

RIP Animal Taylor

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 12, 2015 22:19

from Wikipedia: "Fast Eddie Clarke said of his former bandmate via Facebook "My
dear friend and brother passed away last night. He had been ill for sometime but
that does not make it any easier when the time finally comes. I have known Phil
since he was 21 and he was one hell of a character. Fortunately we made some
fantastic music together and I have many many fond memories of our time together.
Rest in Peace, Phil!"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 22:26

He was an AMAZING drummer...one of the originators of that relentless speed metal style of double bass, but beyond that, an incredibly inventive, tasteful drummer with great chops.

It's very sad news considering how frail and sickly Lemmy is nowadays.

Date: November 12, 2015 22:27

RollingFreak
Aw, thats sad. I wasn't even a fan of the band, but thats sad to hear. Always thought that was a great name. Really legendary three-piece, that actually just played together recently. Actually, not surprisingly, I don't think Phil played but the guitarist did. Just to sad to see guy's getting older. Lemmy's 70th birthday is in a month.
Fast Eddie and Philthy both attended Motorhead's show in Birmingham in November last year.

Eddie played guitar on Ace of Spades, but Philthy declined to play drums and just walked out onstage. He looked ill then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 22:28 by keefriff99.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 23:07

Sad news. I saw Motorhead in March 82 in Vancouver, their first show after Fast Eddie left the band a week or so prior but no one knew. They did an autograph session at a record store that afternoon and I had no idea that Brian Robertson was now their guitarist. Got Lemmy's autograph as well as Phil's, who signed it Philthy Animal!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 12, 2015 23:21

keefriff99

Not that Lemmy's condition is much of a surprise to anyone. The guy walks the walk as well as any hard living rocker out there....and seems to have few regrets about it. But yes sad news here, RIP Phil.

Any comments from Lemmy about Phil's passing?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 12, 2015 23:24

keefriff99
RollingFreak
Fast Eddie and Philthy both attended Motorhead's show in Birmingham in November last year.

Eddie played guitar on Ace of Spades, but Philthy declined to play drums and just walked out onstage. He looked ill then.

He was hospitalized in Los Angeles with an anuerysm about 4 years ago.

Around 1993 me and a friend caught him staring intently at the packaged meat in a 7-11 in Hollywood and cornered him for autographs. Also saw him in 2007 playing drums for Whitey Kirst opening for the Stooges at the Wiltern.

Date: November 13, 2015 00:52

what a loss. a great drummer

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 13, 2015 19:07

Sad news. RIP Phil Taylor.

First time I saw them was 1979 in Kantkino, Berlin. a former cinema.
I was very delighted to find the best seats in the house empty. 1st and 2nd row. so I sat right in the middle.

until.... the Hells Angels marched in and told me to move my a&& and get lost, punk!
I did not start an arguement. heh.

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: November 13, 2015 19:15

RIP Mr. Taylor.

I just love Motorhead.

Date: November 13, 2015 19:38

Naturalust
keefriff99

Not that Lemmy's condition is much of a surprise to anyone. The guy walks the walk as well as any hard living rocker out there....and seems to have few regrets about it. But yes sad news here, RIP Phil.

Any comments from Lemmy about Phil's passing?
Certainly not. The way Lemmy appears, I'd be surprised if he was alive by this time next year. I hate saying that, but I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable sad news.

He is "devastated" about Phil in his own words:

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 13, 2015 20:43

He was a great drummer.Loved his drumming on the LP "Ace of Spades".RIP Phil.

Date: November 15, 2015 00:36

RollingFreak
Now he's died and it really pisses me off that they take somebody like him and leave George Bush alive. So muse on that."

Gotta love Lemmy LOL! As for Lemmy's health, I could see him dying tomorrow or living for another 20 years. For what its worth, the guy is essentially heavy metal's Keith Richards, albeit a little worse for wear at this point. But he's been this weak before and miraculously pulled through. Certainly hoping for the best for him, but I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
The situation is darkly ironic because Lemmy has repeatedly attacked Keith over the years for using heroin, even going as far as saying that Keith looked like he'd been dead for 20 years because of it.

Lemmy has always been stridently anti-heroin because his girlfriend OD'd and died on it back in the '60s, and he ended up discovering her body. It traumatized him to the point that it's the one drug he preaches against anyone even trying.

But now we see Keith looking healthier and sharper than he has in decades, while Lemmy looks increasingly feeble and weak.

As far as the odds that Lemmy will live a long life...I don't see it. He may be suffering from congestive heart failure. Look at how thin his legs are in this video:

[www.youtube.com]

That is not the look of a man who is long for this world, particularly if he refuses to take better care of himself.

As a huge Motorhead fan who's seen them live many times and who met Lemmy back in 2003, it breaks my heart. I know he brought it on himself with his extreme lifestyle, for which he has no regrets, but it doesn't make it any easier for his fans to witness his decline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-15 00:37 by keefriff99.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 00:44

RollingFreak
Now he's died and it really pisses me off that they take somebody like him and leave George Bush alive. So muse on that."

Gotta love Lemmy LOL! As for Lemmy's health, I could see him dying tomorrow or living for another 20 years. For what its worth, the guy is essentially heavy metal's Keith Richards, albeit a little worse for wear at this point. But he's been this weak before and miraculously pulled through. Certainly hoping for the best for him, but I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

and it REALLY pisses me off that you are bringing George Bush into this!! WHat a disgrace are you!

Date: November 15, 2015 00:46

potus43
RollingFreak

and it REALLY pisses me off that you are bringing George Bush into this!! WHat a disgrace are you!
Excuse me, but LEMMY is the one who said it. It's a direct quote, so getting mad at the original poster is pointless.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 00:51

Still posted it with intent

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 16, 2015 10:38

RIP.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 16, 2015 19:33

potus43
Still posted it with intent
Lol what? No, I just thought it was a hilariously great quote from comedian Lemmy Kilmister.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home