Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: Ronnie: Studio in December..
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 27, 2015 11:14

HMS
Jagger/Richards are the twins, they do not need help from anybody when it comes to songwriting.

Well...history shows they did and they do. Not always of course but more than I thought.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 28, 2015 00:28

Ronnie: Studio In December + Bernard Fowler Gig in London = Keith Richards: New ROLLING STONES Record Comes Next Year.

1+1+1=3. thumbs up thumbs upsmileys with beer

Makes me think of the Coming Together session in LONDON dec. 2011. Three days of jamming/playing/laughing...and MICK JAGGER joining the last day...

Hope BILL WYMAN, MICK TAYLOR and BEN WATERS are invited for new recordings.
Ben Waters as a replacement for STU. Getting back to the roots.

Edit: On second thought maybe they could use these 2011 recordings for the NEW ALBUM!
Make it a triple album:
1.Back To The Roots (BLUES etc.)
2.60-70-80's-90's-00's- 2010 ROLLING STONES outtakes finished.
3.NEW SONGS 2016.

Invite everybody who made a contribution to the recordings (1961-NOW) to play on this NEW ALBUM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-28 00:47 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 28, 2015 00:36

Willy Weeks will be there, meanwhile enjoy his bass playing winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 28, 2015 20:05

jlowe
Another possible scenario:
Business meeting:
-Review latest accounts and sales figures
-Sign contracts for the forthcoming SA tour
-Agree date and location for pre tour rehearsals (?3 days sufficient?)
-Get an update from their people on Exhibitionism
-Decide on wether Bill and Mick Taylor (but not ALO) should be invited to the pre opening event
-Future Vault series releases.....open discussion
-Consider inviting Jody Klein to next meeting
-Swap Christmas pressies

No discussion on studio time....defer till ???

So... Bill and or Mick Taylor won't be invited for the opening event for Exhibitionism, just the pre-opening event? And what exactly is that since it's in pre-opening now (as it has been since announced) and until it opens?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 28, 2015 21:38

Why should they invite Bill and Taylor? Bill wouldnt show up anyway. They humiliated him in 2012 to such a degree that he will never ever enter a room with Mick or Keith in it.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 28, 2015 21:41

...And if next monday they'll go into a London studio?!winking smileycool smileythumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 28, 2015 22:07

mailexile67
...And if next monday they'll go into a London studio?!winking smileycool smileythumbs up

...would be great, especially without Don Was!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 28, 2015 22:43

GasLightStreet
jlowe
Another possible scenario:
Business meeting:
-Review latest accounts and sales figures
-Sign contracts for the forthcoming SA tour
-Agree date and location for pre tour rehearsals (?3 days sufficient?)
-Get an update from their people on Exhibitionism
-Decide on wether Bill and Mick Taylor (but not ALO) should be invited to the pre opening event
-Future Vault series releases.....open discussion
-Consider inviting Jody Klein to next meeting
-Swap Christmas pressies

No discussion on studio time....defer till ???

So... Bill and or Mick Taylor won't be invited for the opening event for Exhibitionism, just the pre-opening event? And what exactly is that since it's in pre-opening now (as it has been since announced) and until it opens?

Pre opening, like pre-sale, usually means that it isn't open to the public at large, but selected guests.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 28, 2015 23:48

I heard Doom and Gloom on a classic rock station today while driving. Like a train wreck, it's just really bad no matter what.
To make amends, they followed that with Street Fighting Man - classic by anyone's standards.

Strange to hear what a difference there is between then and now.
Once daring, menacing, cutting edge, and blazing new trails, to now...regurgitating crappy generic riffs and sterilized with a sanitary napkin.
If it weren't for Mick's oddball vocals, I'd be hard pressed to say this was really the Stones.

Things can only get better I suppose as this has almost set a new low (Streets of Love wins that dismal title).

Looking forward to something new! thumbs up

Date: November 29, 2015 02:50

"Looking forward to something new!"

Got a Hairball in the way?
This was the main subject of DANCE, the opening song of the Emotional Rescue album in 1980. Get into something nieeeeeuwww....

DOOM AND GLOOM is a STONES classic, especially lyric wise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-29 02:57 by RipThisBone.

Date: November 29, 2015 03:02

I really love Dance (Pt.1)as well as If I Was A Dancer (Dance Part 2) ! thumbs up

As for D&G, as someone said when it was first released, sounds like a ZZ Top mid '80s leftover.
Listen to 'Legs' or 'Gimme all Your Lovin' and the similarities are definitely there.

Hoping for something really new!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 29, 2015 05:10

Hairball
As for D&G, as someone said when it was first released, sounds like a ZZ Top mid '80s leftover.
Listen to 'Legs' or 'Gimme all Your Lovin' and the similarities are definitely there.

Yeah there are definite similarities! The guitars and arrangements especially. One major difference is Charlie's style though, hardly no fills or rolls, just straight ahead simple rock beat. The overall production sound is a bit different too, Jaggers vocal is way too out front on D&G where ZZ tends to keep the guitars at the same level as the vocals.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 05:17

Naturalust
Hairball

Yeah there are definite similarities! The guitars and arrangements especially. One major difference is Charlie's style though, hardly no fills or rolls, just straight ahead simple rock beat. The overall production sound is a bit different too, Jaggers vocal is way too out front on D&G where ZZ tends to keep the guitars at the same level as the vocals.

ZZtop in the 80s was pretty blatantly ripping the stones off, i was just thinking that earlier today when "sharp dressed men" came on the radio; it's sad but true that one of the few songs the stones have recorded in the past 10 years actually sounds like a band copying the stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 29, 2015 05:31

Turner68
Naturalust
Hairball

ZZtop in the 80s was pretty blatantly ripping the stones off, i was just thinking that earlier today when "sharp dressed men" came on the radio; it's sad but true that one of the few songs the stones have recorded in the past 10 years actually sounds like a band copying the stones.

confused smiley Seriously? Not that I liked the new ZZ Top sound much, I'm more of a Tres Hombres fan, but I certainly didn't see it as a blatant rip of the Stones. Hell the Stones were arguably in their worst period and I just thought ZZ was redefining themselves with more modern production and a push toward the more pop sensibilities of the day.

You will have to point me to a Stones tune that sounded like the new ZZ Top stuff prior to D&G.

Date: November 29, 2015 05:32

Turner68
Naturalust
Hairball

Never really thought of ZZ Top ripping off the Stones in the '80s Turner - can't really make the connection with Sharp Dressed Man either.
They were basically continuing on with their Texas style boogie woogie they'd been doing since they formed, but with a crisper/glossier production (for better or worse).

I do agree with Naturalust regarding the production differences between D&G vs. ZZ - especially Mick being WAY to out front vocally vs. the low key ZZ Top.
As for Charlies drumming on D&G, it's hard to tell it's even Charlie imo - sounds like a machine.

At any rate, although the '80's ZZ Top songs have become classic rock anthems, not really my favorite period from ZZ Top , and to hear the Stones try and replicate that sound is a mystery.

edit: Naturalust - Looks like we were writing/thinking/posting very similar replies nearly at the same time! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-29 05:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 29, 2015 09:36

HMS
Why should they invite Bill and Taylor? Bill wouldnt show up anyway. They humiliated him in 2012 to such a degree that he will never ever enter a room with Mick or Keith in it.

I don't think that's correct. Didn't Mick recently say Bill is a "lovely man", and that he has dinner with him when he's in London?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 30, 2015 19:42

24FPS
HMS

I don't think that's correct. Didn't Mick recently say Bill is a "lovely man", and that he has dinner with him when he's in London?

Bill's a bit of a weirdo oddball, isn't he (stands clear)?

Date: November 30, 2015 19:47

No news about studio acticity in London?!Does anybody here that has seen "the boys" all together in London?!

Date: November 30, 2015 19:47

...Activity...Sorry!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 30, 2015 20:19

Great news for the tour, always warms my heart to think they are playing somewhere and people are experiencing a Stones concert for the first time....not so good news about going into the studio. I'd love to see a great album, but I have a feeling it might be another ABB which would be so sad and disappointing. Maybe they could do a covers record that would work with maybe one or two new stones tracks. Let's face it, they haven't put out a decent record since Tattoo You!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 30, 2015 20:35

EDIT: Moved the original post to the right thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-30 20:58 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: November 30, 2015 22:19

exhpart
24FPS
HMS

Remember Bill is from before World War II. Most interesting reading in his book Stone Alone (...yes indeed) is about his childhood, upbringing, poverty, war etc. This formed him before he became famous. Mick and Keith were born later (in a Crossfire Huricane) and were brought up after the war, with positive vibes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-30 22:20 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2015 04:57

World War II?

Do you mean World War 2?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 1, 2015 05:15

RipThisBone
exhpart
24FPS
HMS

Remember Bill is from before World War II. Most interesting reading in his book Stone Alone (...yes indeed) is about his childhood, upbringing, poverty, war etc. This formed him before he became famous. Mick and Keith were born later (in a Crossfire Huricane) and were brought up after the war, with positive vibes.

Which continued into his next book, that big picture one. It detailed more of his World War 2 experiences. Yes, Bill is older than the others, and had a different experience, and went through some hardships the others didn't. Plus he served his country in uniform and got out of London before the others and heard American rock and roll and blues on Armed Forces Radio where he was stationed in Germany. I think he was too old to be star struck and just looked at the Stones as a good gig with a side order of young girls. Hello! I've always found Bill and Charlie to be the most normal of the group. The most grounded and real. And the best goddamn rhythm duo rock and roll will ever see.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2015 08:13

Pierre de Beauport posted on Facebook a few hours ago: "Flying to London".

Date: December 1, 2015 09:52

Thanks, Erik thumbs up

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 1, 2015 10:26

Saw Pierre's post as well. Not a bad sign that music is going to be played.

Date: December 1, 2015 10:56

Chris Kimsey posted to Pierre: «Call me».

THAT is a good sign, imo thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 1, 2015 14:01

All I want for Christmas is....smiling smiley

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 1, 2015 14:16

exhpart
24FPS
HMS

Of all the 5 original members + Mick T + Ronnie I would say Bill is the most normal and grounded.
Charlie certainly has his share of idiosyncrasies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home