Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: IORR changes - suggestions please!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 12, 2015 16:28

... signatures were they use a complete sentence and you think it's part of the post

Yes, that's confusing.

"I hope that you are reading this""No I'm not"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 12, 2015 17:33

Mobile friendly

Thread Preview, hover over the thread title and the first few sentences appear.

Keep everything else the same. This place is full of substance, so no flash is needed.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 12, 2015 17:35

Naturalust
Olly
Naturalust
confused smiley Maybe I am missing something here. All I have is a Goto Page at the top of the threads. Where is Last Post column you are talking about? Do we have a different interface? Thanks.

To the right of Started By.

Thanks Olly! I had no idea that link was actually two links and that the "Last Post" took you directly to the last post. Sweet.

Ulp. Well, hey, I was in the same boat as you, NL. All this time, I've been just going to the last page and scrolling down. I guess I thought the "Last Post" was just an informational part along with who made the post. So, if nothing else, I will save myself some effort in reading IORR in the future, thanks to Olly and NL. As others have mentioned, even better would be a way to see last post since you read or posted, but hey, status quo works too.

On the format, I find I prefer the condensed, boxed-up layout of the Emerald one on my FireFox browser to the original.

On sigs, I have the line above the sig, so I hope it's clear when my post stops.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 12, 2015 17:52

Maybe BV can also add a Help function smiling smiley did you know you can also add a horizontal lines
or
text in a box:  Sample.........

"I went to shoot the Stones in Jamaica ahead of their Japan tour. They were recording Goat's Head Soup. They said (removed part)—Koh Hasebe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-13 23:58 by NICOS.

Date: November 12, 2015 18:03

BV, what are your ideas for changes / improvements?
Where do you see iorr in five years and when the stones career is finally finished?

Date: November 12, 2015 18:18

BV,
Maybe display signatures flush right and/or with a thin line or box by default to help readability.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 18:23 by schillid.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 12, 2015 19:45

schillid

... signatures were they use a complete sentence and you think it's part of the post

Yes, that's confusing.

"I hope that you are reading this""No I'm not"

Please don't mock my signature like this in the future schillid... my signature is at least a Stones reference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- < happy?!

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:09

Boognish
How about making the signatures a different font or colour to make the posts a little less confusing? Or maybe make it so they're automatically italic?

How about no signatures at all?

Date: November 12, 2015 20:10

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2015 00:56

Koen
Boognish
How about making the signatures a different font or colour to make the posts a little less confusing? Or maybe make it so they're automatically italic?

How about no signatures at all?

How about no usernames... just an endless flood of anonymous posts. grinning smiley

Date: November 13, 2015 01:22

Yeah and let's forget the smiley's too.........in that way you can figure out yourself if it's joke or not..........

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 13, 2015 02:19

Come On
Limit the number of characters to a maximum of 25 per post .... people who like to write letters can get pen pals ... ... ... ...smoking smiley

And maybe people who aren't able to digest more than tweet-length thoughts can skip the posts they don't like? tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-13 02:20 by swiss.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 13, 2015 03:46

swiss
Come On
Limit the number of characters to a maximum of 25 per post .... people who like to write letters can get pen pals ... ... ... ...smoking smiley

And maybe people who aren't able to digest more than tweet-length thoughts can skip the posts they don't like? tongue sticking out smiley

Go girl! (I think that was <25)

Date: November 13, 2015 03:49

NICOS
Yeah and let's forget the smiley's too.........in that way you can figure out yourself if it's joke or not..........

Are you joking?!!!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 13, 2015 05:38

Would be great to upload our own photos without sending them to another source first.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2015 06:25

NICOS
Maybe BV can also add a Help function smiling smiley did you know you can also add a horizontal lines
or

"I went to shoot the Stones in Jamaica ahead of their Japan tour.   etc etc....

NICOS, I know you can do that, but please don't. The effect on my browser is that the screen width gets reset to accommodate the overlength line, and every other post on the page gets shrunk to unreadably small text. Very big pictures have the same effect, but at least they're good to look at.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 13, 2015 09:01

schillid
[youtu.be]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 13, 2015 10:06

I suppose a special section for us who likes to discuss news, current events and politics is to much to ask for? Or political satire and comedy? Or even linguistics or glottology?

Date: November 13, 2015 14:12

Green Lady
NICOS
or

NICOS, I know you can do that, but please don't. The effect on my browser is that the screen width gets reset to accommodate the overlength line, and every other post on the page gets shrunk to unreadably small text. Very big pictures have the same effect, but at least they're good to look at.

Greenlady I'm not intended to use this option just want to show this (b.t.w. I think it's better that it will be removed as it seems not compatible with some browsers or settings).....on my screen a scrollbar appears in under the text box.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2015 16:05

NICOS
Green Lady
NICOS
or

Greenlady I'm not intended to use this option just want to show this (b.t.w. I think it's better that it will be removed as it seems not compatible with some browsers or settings).....on my screen a scrollbar appears in under the text box.

Yes, it's OK on my desktop. But on my tablet...

Date: November 13, 2015 16:48

How about an easy way to find your own posts? Maybe a direct link from my profile page, instead of using the search function?

Date: November 13, 2015 17:00

Koen
How about an easy way to find your own posts? Maybe a direct link from my profile page, instead of using the search function?

That would be nice indeed.....just a button that you can find if someone react on your post or has a question........sometime I check old post and see that they ask me something and I never answered............(so yes Swiss you ask me back in 2010 if I come from the Netherlands ...answer is yes grinning smiley )

Date: November 13, 2015 17:37

Green Lady
NICOS
Green Lady
NICOS
or

Yes, it's OK on my desktop. But on my tablet...

This can be solved if the site is made responsive as I have requested earlier in this thread. Basically it is a technique that will make the site readable on any screen size, including tablets and smart phones.

Date: November 13, 2015 17:39

Discovered this fairly recently, but if you click on your username (or anyone else's) there's a link to 'Show all posts'.
The posts are listed in the order they were made - from most recent to your very first. Kind of interesting to see posts from 11 years ago.
Maybe if they were catalogued by month and year it could be easier to zero in on a particular period.
Sadly, nothing prior to the changeover from 11 years ago is listed - would like to read all the setlist complaints from the Licks Tour.winking smiley

Date: November 13, 2015 17:46

Thanks Hairball, I must have overlooked that function.

Date: November 13, 2015 19:20

I use this option for years.......but never used it to check out my own post confused smiley thanks for the tip Hairball

Date: November 13, 2015 19:34

You're both welcome, but I never even knew about it until someone brought it up about a month ago in a thread for some reason .
Was fun to see some of my earlier posts - and for the most part I stand by all of them. cool smiley
I guess the pre- c.2004 changeover posts are IORR's 'Dark Ages'...buried in the past.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 13, 2015 21:27

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I think there should be a way of restricting the huge embedded replies in posts. It is unnecessary and cumbersome. People can quote whatever it is they're replying to, without including the entire string of previous posts.

Also - if private messaging isn't to be included - it's very easy for users to set up an email account just for IORR and put it in their Control Center.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 13, 2015 22:39

NICOS
I think it's better that it will be removed as it seems not compatible with some browsers or settings

..... or just edit your message yourself smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 13, 2015 23:56

Rolling Hansie
NICOS
I think it's better that it will be removed as it seems not compatible with some browsers or settings

..... or just edit your message yourself smiling smiley

You mean I have to adjust the layout of my post jut because some operating systems can't handle it !!!!! grinning smiley
Bug fixing starts the other way around...let BV check it out and wrap the text instead of make one long line.......

I will remove a just of part the line...............

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home