Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: IORR changes - suggestions please!
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2015 00:32

Posting videos without sending the clicker to more steps would be nice.

Everything is else fine by me..
A way to "like" or "dis-like" a post might be fun..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2015 00:37

Periscope for Ole tour 2016?
Okay, settle for detailed blog, pictures,
and thank you very much,
continued ease of use.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 11, 2015 00:55

with sssoul
EddieByword
NICOS
open-g
Please make You Tube videos embedding possible again.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up and absolutely +1 for mr_dja's idea of a "go to first unread post" option in each thread.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Also, a private message function would be great. smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 11, 2015 01:06

Elmo Lewis
The site is the so easy to operate and get around in - unlike many others.

Please maintain this ease-of-use quality. cool smiley

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 02:14 by Beast.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 11, 2015 01:12

I'm surprised so many people are commenting on the video embedding feature. Just like before when the "s" is removed from the URL the video does embed. It's a matter of changing your browser settings to be able to view them. I'd say that's a pretty minor trade off for having the additional security and choice to view unsafe content or not.

I think having the ability to post pictures in a thread without the need to link to an URL would be nice, I know it would take up more server space but it would certainly be easier and prevent the loss of so many pictures when the original link goes bad. Memory is cheap, the loss of classic Stones content frustrating.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 11, 2015 01:16

The first page looks like a data sheet from 1985. But I don't know whether that's a bad thing or not?

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2015 01:45

Stoneage
The first page looks like a data sheet from 1985. But I don't know whether that's a bad thing or not?

Well, in a world filled with bright, loud colors, it's nice to have something soothing to look at.

Also, to back up what an earlier poster said, can there be a bit more... openness to the banned? Like maybe set up a trial by jury to decide when someone should be banned. smiling smiley (ok, so I'm kidding but maybe it's not such a bad idea??) Or at least like, when clicking on a banned person's name, instead of seeing

This user doesn't exist or has been deactivated.

Maybe a log of why they've left the website?

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 11, 2015 02:32

Turner68

Welcoming back long time posters who were banned. Some people posted on here for years and then got banned because of one or two posts. They should be welcomed back.
thumbs upthumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 11, 2015 02:53

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:38 by colonial.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 11, 2015 03:41

Please make the site responsive, so it will look and navigate great on all screen sizes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 03:42 by Koen.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 11, 2015 04:15

BreakingBlues
Stoneage

Well, in a world filled with bright, loud colors, it's nice to have something soothing to look at.

Also, to back up what an earlier poster said, can there be a bit more... openness to the banned? Like maybe set up a trial by jury to decide when someone should be banned. smiling smiley (ok, so I'm kidding but maybe it's not such a bad idea??) Or at least like, when clicking on a banned person's name, instead of seeing

Or at least a kinder sounding message. That one is especially traumatic to the people who have been banned, I speak with some experience on this issue. grinning smiley

Perhaps something like "Posting privileges have been suspended". Of course they still exist!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 11, 2015 04:45

Would like to see way to sort (rank) the list of all threads according to the number of views (and number of posts) .

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 11, 2015 05:02

ROPENI
Turner68

Welcoming back long time posters who were banned. Some people posted on here for years and then got banned because of one or two posts. They should be welcomed back.
thumbs upthumbs up

no

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2015 05:23

Naturalust
BreakingBlues
Stoneage

Or at least a kinder sounding message. That one is especially traumatic to the people who have been banned, I speak with some experience on this issue. grinning smiley

Perhaps something like "Posting privileges have been suspended". Of course they still exist!

I would comment on that last line, but I don't want to be the next person BV causes to cease to exist...

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 11, 2015 06:02

How about sorting threads into topics with access buttons located in a bar at the top of the page. Still maintain maybe 48 hours or three pages of main page posts and after that they get filed under appropriate tabs.

Examples of topic threads:

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards etc..
Stones albums
Stones 1969 tour
Stones 1972 tour etc..
Sports
Movies
Stones instruments
Setlist
RIP's
Other Music
etc...

Then the question of whether to bump a topic to the top of the topic tab only if commented on, or back to the top of the main page. I say bump it only to the top of the new topic tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 06:06 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 11, 2015 06:13

Eliminate the "Edited 1 time(s)" message at the bottom of the thread. Nobody cares and it is a waste of space. However, if need be put it next to the date at the top of the page in parentheses.

Also eliminate those annoying moniker messages or whatever they are called, that people use as quotes from songs.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 11, 2015 06:38

The ability to easily post photos.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 11, 2015 06:53

Naturalust
I'm surprised so many people are commenting on the video embedding feature. Just like before when the "s" is removed from the URL the video does embed. It's a matter of changing your browser settings to be able to view them. I'd say that's a pretty minor trade off for having the additional security and choice to view unsafe content or not.

I think having the ability to post pictures in a thread without the need to link to an URL would be nice, I know it would take up more server space but it would certainly be easier and prevent the loss of so many pictures when the original link goes bad. Memory is cheap, the loss of classic Stones content frustrating.

It depends which browser you have for the videos - some work, some require you to muck about changing settings every time you log in, some never work no matter what you do - and of course all embedded videos from before the change are now invisible.

I agree about the pictures though - it's sad to see what used to be classic picture threads b ut are now just a wilderness of "picture removed" logos.

I hope that you don't introduce either private messages or content which is only available to registered users - both of these give the feeling of a closed clique where much of the real life of the site is invisible to "outsiders". iorr feels like a public service rather than a private club, and I like it that way.

It would be nice to have some sanction short of permanent banning - "posting access suspended for one month" or whatever - and it would be good if the person concerned was told what rule they had broken or why they had been reported.

I love the speed and simplicity of iorr, and I'm very glad to hear that is not about to change.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 11, 2015 06:59

The Sicilian

Also eliminate those annoying moniker messages or whatever they are called, that people use as quotes from songs.

- or at least have some kind of divider so that you don't keep wondering whether the last line is a signature or part of the post.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 11, 2015 07:03

Naturalust
BreakingBlues
Stoneage

No, no...should make the word deactivated EXPLODE when you click on it...BOOM!

HAHhaaaa...sorry, just couldn't resist. grinning smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 11, 2015 07:29

Hi, and thanks for the forum. I'd like to see some categorization for thread topics. A track talk section, a concert section, band members sections, photo section, videos, and a wide ranging off topic section allowing any discussion other than political and religious (and a few other exceptions.)

I think this would make it easier to browse topics of interest.

Also, please don't discourage restarting of old threads. I think it can be very interesting and bring fresh discussion to dormant topics. Threads should have a lifespan of their own.

Thanks again.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 11, 2015 08:54

a better way to post photos and videos,in stead of using photobucket.if you want to upload a photo from your computer it kinda sucks having to go through photobucket.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 11, 2015 10:12

Green Lady

I hope that you don't introduce either private messages or content which is only available to registered users - both of these give the feeling of a closed clique where much of the real life of the site is invisible to "outsiders". iorr feels like a public service rather than a private club, and I like it that way.

At the moment, though, the only way to contact other members is via email, and in many cases the email address is hidden. It would be nice to have a way to contact people who (for good reasons) don't want their email address to be public. This option exists on every other forum I've been involved with. I don't like the idea of a clique, either, but sometimes two people want to discuss an issue that's only of interest to them, and that thousands of other people don't need to read.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 11, 2015 11:20

I think this forum is working great. Thanks for all your efforts to maintain it. I liked Turner68's suggestion of a Like button.
Cheers!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 11, 2015 12:37

latebloomer
Elmo Lewis
The site is the so easy to operate and get around in - unlike many others.

Please maintain this ease-of-use quality. cool smiley

Ditto for me. I also agree with embedding youtube vids again. I disagree about an off topic section. One of the charms of IORR Tell Me is that you never know what you're going to find here, and I don't really like segregating conversations or having to float around to other sections. Also, like buttons always seem so immpersonal to me, again I like seeing encouraging comments and if there's nothing to be added, the thumbs up works well.

Thanks for asking, Bjornulf. thumbs up grinning smiley

All of the above, exactly! Thank you

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 11, 2015 13:24

thecitadel
an Android app please - especially for tell me. easier to use at gigs.

easy....not!

I'm aware that BV already dismissed this suggestion, but if by chance this app will ever be released, I'd be the first to install it!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 11, 2015 14:18

BreakingBlues
Stoneage

About that..

Why not create a sort of twilight zone for small truancy

This user has been deactivated three weeks for bad behaviour.

After that, if she or he offends twice, it's a real ban...

Like in "Three strikes, you are out"

I also wished we had a virtual IORR Hall of Fame for notable members who passed (no joking)

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 11, 2015 15:16

If you can't make another area for OT threads, why not ban them altogether?

Apart from music-related topics, I can't see any reason for discussing anything other than the Rolling Stones on a site for hardcore Stones fans.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 11, 2015 15:43

Harlem Shuffler
If you can't make another area for OT threads, why not ban them altogether?

Apart from music-related topics, I can't see any reason for discussing anything other than the Rolling Stones on a site for hardcore Stones fans.

It's a personal view, but IORR is cosy like a bar.. Sometimes you wind down talking about other topics than the Stones... Like Stones fans do in the real life.. Two of my friends are hardcore Stones fans, and we may have a drink or a meal without mentionning the Stones one second.. We don't have to.. It's an internal connexion that has lasted 40 years..

This is has to be a cool place.. We are Stones maniacs, but we don't have to act like consultants or librarians..

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: November 11, 2015 15:49

A mobile app and a twitter page

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home