Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: IORR changes - suggestions please!
Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: November 23, 2015 16:46

Hi Bjornulf,

I've always enjoyed your stories from the road and reviews. I would like to see these compiled chronologically in one section, closed to comments. It would give others a chance to live vicariously through your eyes and see the band/tours from another perspective. I understand you are a private person and might not like the attention, but I think it would be a fantastic read. Thanks for all you do.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 23, 2015 17:27

Didn't Bjornulf do that for the last tour?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 23, 2015 18:53

I am looking into doing a travel log for South America. It is quite time consuming but I am working on the tools to make it possible. Sort of next generation travel log. Within time limits.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 23, 2015 23:17

Make it easier to quote a post. Often you see someone adding a response inside the part that is quoted. Maybe use a different background color for whatever is quoted.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 24, 2015 05:54

You're the best Bjornulf.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 24, 2015 19:37

bv
I am looking into doing a travel log for South America. It is quite time consuming but I am working on the tools to make it possible. Sort of next generation travel log. Within time limits.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading that log. The one you did for the United States was excellent indeed.smiling smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 28, 2015 14:00

Have it so a post may be quoted a certain amount times. It's annoying when a whole page is just posts of quotes.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 29, 2015 23:44

Bjornuff,

Thanks for asking for our input. I would like to see all off topic threads removed from this website. I enjoy coming here to talk about the Stones and their lives and music, not to hear about acts of terror, political news, and other depressing stuff I hear about every day, in the newspaper or news websites and TV channels.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 1, 2015 02:17

All off topics?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 1, 2015 04:18

NICOS
All off topics?

But, I love the weather thread...and what are you listening to...and the YouTube thread...and the Holiday threads...and all the off topic music threads. I've learned so much about so many different things from the OT threads.

But still, most of all...I love the Stones threads. smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 1, 2015 04:36

flilflam
Bjornuff,

Thanks for asking for our input. I would like to see all off topic threads removed from this website. I enjoy coming here to talk about the Stones and their lives and music, not to hear about acts of terror, political news, and other depressing stuff I hear about every day, in the newspaper or news websites and TV channels.

I don't come here to read about those topics either.
So I don't.

Not clicking on them has worked really well so far for me cool smiley.

Date: December 1, 2015 05:48

MisterDDDD
flilflam
Bjornuff,

I don't come here to read about those topics either.
So I don't.

Not clicking on them has worked really well so far for me cool smiley.

Some of us have poor impulse control...

Posted by: Mainman ()
Date: December 1, 2015 17:53

...re-instate Barn Owl.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 1, 2015 18:14

Koen
Make it easier to quote a post. Often you see someone adding a response inside the part that is quoted. Maybe use a different background color for whatever is quoted.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: December 1, 2015 20:15

Quoting is difficult (at least for me) here. Also, I have just given up ever posting a picture. I am sure there is a good reason to limit picture posting, but I would actually post a picture, if I could just cut & paste into my message.

Also, a monthly Stones-Todd update would be good smiling smiley

Date: December 1, 2015 20:53

Posting pictures on IORR:
This is explaied in detail in the "forum help and policies" link, as found on top of all the forum pages:

How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages

There are MANY reasons why you would not allow a stranger into your house, right? An image is a stranger. It might be offending, it might be a copyright violation, it might be taking up too much space and so on. IORR is a non-profit fan club site running on servers I pay for personally out of my own pocket.

Every week - EVERY WEEK - I get contacted by some copyright owner saying I have to remove images they own, posted on IORR. Because I DO KNOW nothing is ever stored on IORR as images, unless I do it myself, it is a quick job for me to tell these people to take a hike, i.e. right-click the image and see the server of the image is NOT iorr. If I allowed storage of pictures on IORR then I would be swamped by legal disputes on copyright. Not my cup of tea.

How is it possible for Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon and other sites to store images? Because they make millions of dollars in income and they can afford a large staff of full-time employees and lawyers dealing on copyright issues.

So there will never be possible to store your images on IORR, but remember there are numerous of OTER places where you may store and reference these images. Not a big deal really. Remember IORR is non-profit, many other sites are for profit, i.e. they do have advertisement income.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 2, 2015 17:36

The Stones
bv

I'm definitely looking forward to reading that log. The one you did for the United States was excellent indeed.smiling smiley

I also thought the blog BV did on the North America tour was great.

It must be so time consuming though and I always think that BV must get so tired with the travelling, exercise,working,talking to fans and much more as well.

I would be quite happy to read a blog and see the pics after the tour has ended, but I guess the meaning of a blog is writing it as you go along.

Date: December 2, 2015 23:07

Funny thing is you do get more energy by exercising. For one month now I have been office working overtime, not exercising, but this week I started one hours plus hard workout every day. More energy at the end of the end of every day. Perpetuum mobile as it seems. My countdown is now at 63 days until tour start today. That is 63 days on the mill, on the bike or in the woods. But I will be off to Chile a bit before that. Getting excited indeed as we get closer to the great Olé tour!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: December 3, 2015 16:41

flilflam
Bjornuff,

Yes!!! At last! Thank you, Bjornulf.

One other thing, it's probably me but I don't find the Search facility easy to use. By that I mean that I find it hard to find old threads, the subject matter of which I remember, but it appears that the thread won't be found unless you enter the EXACT name of it. Am I missing something?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 3, 2015 16:47

Make sure change to the field at the bottom to "All Dates" or "Last Year", otherwise you may miss some results as well.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 3, 2015 17:09

Good point for the "default" on the search function.
As a couple of people have mentioned, the "all dates" would work better there than the more current label
here now, imo.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2015 18:34

If this isn't too challenging...it would be nice to be able to go to one's "My Control Centre" and have a list of threads you've personally created.

Please name your favorite report from the Zip Code Tour
Date: November 14, 2015 22:32

Please name your favorite report from the Zip Code Tour. Just name the show city and the name of the person who wrote it. Then I will pick the top three or so reports and add them to a special gallery section of IORR. Example:

City name
Name of person who wrote the report

Only one favorite per post please. Thank you!

Bjornulf

Re: Please name your favorite report from the Zip Code Tour
Date: November 14, 2015 23:03

Fun idea, Bjornulf! There were lots of great reports from Zip Code tour. Have to do a little research and give it some thought.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 14, 2015 23:05

Milwaukee.
Dean Goodman.

Olly.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 23:10

I think people should have to give the Zip code of where the concert took place, in keeping with the theme of the tour.

Example:

Milwaukee (53202)
Dean Goodman

The Stones went to the trouble to make this a Zip Code tour, we should do them the courtesy of incorporating the zip code into our voting.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 14, 2015 23:24

My own report from San Diego! I don't want to post my name, yet considered posting a pic my husband took of me with my back against the stage.
That's right: back against the stage!
Finally! First time live!
Zip code: BLISS777

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2015 01:22

The one show I attended:

Opening night San Diego.
Dean Goodman

With lines like:

"Why on earth are they still playing "Doom and Gloom"'?

and:

'"Midnight Rambler" barely clocked in at 11-12 minutes. Where have you gone Mick Taylor? The Stones nation turns its lonely eyes to you"

(there's a couple other choice lines in their as well - see Gimme Shelter)

I believe Dean spoke for many of us that night, and probably many for the entire tour!!!thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 15, 2015 02:24

You know what tho? Believe it or not, there are golden oldies like me (ha ha) who for whatever reason, perhaps unable to travel due to obligations or financial restrictions/ who knows,

who ARE NOW getting to see the Rolling Stones in the recent 2014/2015/ and now 2016 outer stadium shows/ non-major city markets-

and the setlist I got for my 1st show?
Moonlight Mile
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
All Down the Line
Tumbling Dice
In fact, to hear YCAGWYW with a choir,
Sympathy For the Devil with fire and red lights

BLEW MY MIND.
We are out there.
God bless the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-15 02:59 by 35love.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 15, 2015 03:02

I totally agree with Hairball about Dean Goodmans San Diego review, and since it was the only show I attended, perhaps the only review I can truly support.

Others were great for the accompanying photographs, certainly some of Bjornulf's should make the list. That one shot of Keith crouched down looking straight into the camera with an awesome smile and a twinkle in his eyes sticks with me still!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home