Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LET IT BLEED - The Greatest [Stones] Album Of All Time ?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:47

Ok go through the Stones albums

Out Of Our Heads
Aftermath
Exile
Some Girls.....

Is there not one Album that has been forgotten - LET IT BLEED - if ever there was an album that needed an upgrade LIB is that album. Just look at the track listing.

Maybe forgotten is not the correct adjective, as Stones fans we all rate this highly. but in my opinion LIB needs to be talked in the same vain as Exile & Sticky if not higher - a masterpiece !! That needs a decent release - my CD is a one page Front Cover insert with absolutely no information at all.

Re: LET IT BLEED - The Greatest [Stones] Album Of All Time ?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:54

Hey, you forgot BEGGARS BANQUET...

Seriously, I think LET IT BLEED is rated damn high generally, as any of The Big Four, and not just by us die-hards.

- Doxa

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:58

IMO, Beggars Banquet is better than Bleed.

Date: November 8, 2015 01:03

Doxa
Hey, you forgot BEGGARS BANQUET...

Seriously, I think LET IT BLEED is rated damn high generally, as any of The Big Four, and not just by us die-hards.

- Doxa

Oh Shit!! Doxa you are correct ok I'll bang on about BB next week - Please excuse me the red Merlot is limiting my thought process !! - Ok I would love to see LIB given a decent worthwhile release.

Date: November 8, 2015 01:07

Ok single Malt - another great call !!! maybe we need decent releases for these classics - don't you think that Beggars and LIB need definitive releases in our lifetime? by the way mine is a Drambuie !!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:03

Tonstone
Ok single Malt - another great call !!! maybe we need decent releases for these classics - don't you think that Beggars and LIB need definitive releases in our lifetime? by the way mine is a Drambuie !!

yes, i agree.

i prefer BB and LIB to Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:05

Turner68
Tonstone

yes, i agree.

i prefer BB and LIB to Sticky Fingers.

BB is a bit like Exile in that the album as a whole is a wonderful listen, whereas Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers are more of a disparate collection of songs.

Just happens that each of those disparate collection of songs themselves sound like greatest hits collections they're so damn good.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:08

Played LIB like crazy when it first came out. Stayed on the turntable for weeks. But, over time, I found BB to be a much tighter album with one of, if not the best collection of songs put together by the Stones. I listen to BB over just about anything done by the Stones. Interestingly, in a guitar magazine I read an article where BB was considered one of the best Stones albums for guitar lovers. I think so also, but LIB has its own guitar sound. So....

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 8, 2015 04:39

LET IT BLEED is in the Top 4 discussion and any way you want to rate the Top 4 would be Okay with me.

LET IT BLEED
STICKY FINGERS
EXILE ON MAINSTREET
SOME GIRLS

Those 4 are the Stones in a nutshell.

I know there are a lot of Beggars Banquet fans out there...but that album just doesn't compare to the 4 above...as matter of fact..I would put Tattoo You 5th
and Beggars Banquet 6th...Still a very good ranking considering how many albums they have recorded.

PECMAN

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 8, 2015 08:05

I think Bleed is the best, yes.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 8, 2015 08:11

There is no universal "best" Stones album. Everyone has their own personal favorite. My favorite is LIB, but BB is a close second for me, then SF and Exile. But that's just my list.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 8, 2015 15:00

I think LIB is very over rated.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: November 8, 2015 15:39

Some Girls is the most over rated Stones album, by a mile! Doesn't come close LIB, BB, Exile and SF. Big 5 if you count Ya-Ya's. Why Stones fans rate this record so high is beyond me.

Miss You - just ok. Better live
When the Whip comes Down - very good rocker
Just My Imagination - Temptations version so much better
Some Girls - love this one. my favorite track on the record
Lies - another very good rocker
Far Away Eyes - love it. funny as hell. Second fave
Respectable - best rocker on the record
Before They Make Me Run - one of Keith's best, but wouldn't call it great
Beast of Burden - catchy, ok song
Shattered - one riff through the entire song. never cared for it

Some Girls is a very good album, but nothing on this record compares with the classics tunes on their masterpieces. IMHO.

Posted by: SuperC ()
Date: November 8, 2015 15:41

Prefer SF, then EOMs, followed by BB, then LIB. Oddly, it's not so much I find the songs from LIB to be any less compelling, rather the "flow/vibe" of the tracks running order seems off - more like a greatest hits compilation that doesn't feel natural. I know, strange knock but to me that's the difference in LIB v the other big 4.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:20

Pound for pound Let It Bleed is the greatest Stones album. Exile, Beggars Banquet and Sticky Fingers are all incredible albums but nothing matches the sheer majesty of having Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, You Got The Silver, Monkey Man and You Can't Always Get What You Want on one album. Absolutely nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 22:45 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:44

Silver Dagger
Pound for pound Let It Bleed is the greatest Stones album. Exile, Beggars Banquet and Sticky Fingers are all incredible albums but nothing matches the sheer majesty of having Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, You Got The Silver, Monkey Man and You Can't Always Gte What You Want on one album. Absolutely nothing.

This.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:57

Gimme shelter is just simply one of the greatest songs in the world ever.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 17:03

pepganzo
Silver Dagger
Pound for pound Let It Bleed is the greatest Stones album. Exile, Beggars Banquet and Sticky Fingers are all incredible albums but nothing matches the sheer majesty of having Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, You Got The Silver, Monkey Man and You Can't Always Gte What You Want on one album. Absolutely nothing.

This.

...and this:

Let It Bleed, Love In Vain, Country Honk, Live With Me

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: November 9, 2015 00:41

Pound for pound, song for song - Let It Bleed probably is the best Stones album - the song listing is incredible.....but I personally don't listen to it as much as SF, EOMS, GHS, GYYO, SG....because. Country Honk is "cute" but a poor subsitute for Honky Tonk Women, Midnight Rambler is FAR superior live on GYYO, as is Live With Me. In fact Midnight Rambler is downright poor compared to the live version. When I hear Let It Bleed (and I'm not a huge fan of the title track as well), I miss the live versions too much on GYYO. By the way same with Out of Control and Saint of Me on BTB compared to No Security....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 9, 2015 02:25

I quite deciding what record is the best, as I can not make up my mind about Beggars and Bleed, so I like them both as much as I can and they are followed up by Exile and Sticky with no order and then the rest released from '63 till Tatoo You.........and the rest didn't enter my list (with exceptions of some songs)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-09 10:26 by NICOS.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 9, 2015 09:46

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 9, 2015 13:52

Who can say out of the big four which is their best. To me, it just depends on the mood Im in. All great songs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home