Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 'Phil Collins must be stopped'
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:49

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Hairball
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
never been much of a fan but who cares...let the poor guy do what he wants.

Enough people like his stuff, let them enjoy it.

Really. I agree. It's like, against all odds, Phil Collins has made a comeback.

indeed, there is something in the air tonight creating all this negativity.

What? But seriously, you gotta take this stuff at face value.

I don't care anymore...no more, no more,....no more, no more....

'Phil Collins must be stopped' – has been set up by Brian Pee

With a name like Pee, I'd be upset about everything also.grinning smiley

HAHAHA!!!! Now that's really funny!! If you don't care for Collins (I love alliteration), then don't listen to his music. But to start a campaign seems stupid and mean spirited to me, unless you're just an attention whore. Look at me, my name is Pee!! HAHAhaaaa!!

Sorry...I probably just need to take a bathroom break now....

Please wash your hands thoroughly before typing on your keyboard please. IORR is a sanitary zone.

Right, no one ever gets dirty around here....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:19

What is thing with Phil Collins? I mean all that odd negativity around him, of which the topic of this thread is just the latest. Like when he retired he said something to the effect that he did it because people don't like him. He might have a thin skin, but probably he also have some point. How it all happened? From where it all began?

That seems to be an international phenomenon. For example, some years ago there was this Finnish cartoon comedy called "Pasila", made for adults, in which they described different levels of hangover. And the worst - a real nightmare - was that of "Phil Collins hangover" - a state in which all the faces will look like Phil Collins and all one hear is that "Paradise" song...

An example here (subtitled n English):

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry to say but I find it very funny...

- Doxa

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:57

Papo
This is pointless and sad.
Phil Collins can do whatever he wants do.

There is far too much suffering in the world to waste time and energy on a petition like this.

It's a good example of negativity and hate on the internet, as Björnulf recently and rightly pointed out.

I'd like to see this thread deleted.

Where do people like you come from? You take music and many other things i would bet way to seriously. Its a joke, do you really think they are going to get enough people to sign and stop Collins from making music.

I don't think it really needs to be explained why so many people don't like his music. Its cheesy and he represents 1980s cheese ball. IF people want to listen to that fine but other people have the right to their opinion also. Do you get upset when people say they hate tv shows also.

You remind me of the people that try to shut down threads about One Band vs Another. Control freak I just remembered his video to Easy Lover and signed the petition twice.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 02:16 by stanlove.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:33

Mean

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:37

We have a local classic rock station that has some Phil Collins tunes on the playlist. I like them all. Especially "In the Air Tonight".
If you add together the U2, Bruce Springsteen and Beatles tunes I like they are less than the number of Phil Collins tunes I like.

SuSuSudio!!!! Just say the word..... SuSuSudio _______so there!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 02:39 by triceratops.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:42

stanlove
I just remembered his video to Easy Lover and signed the petition twice.

LOL Definitely the funniest thing you have posted on this board stanlove.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:41

Back in the day, Phil Collins was a helluva prog rock drummer. Blame Peter Gabriel for him ever getting out from behind the kit. If Gabriel hadn't left Genesis, the beast that Phil Collins became might not have ever existed.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2015 05:02

Stopped!!!! .... Geeezzzzz did he ever really get started?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 8, 2015 08:59

Some inspiration from rocksoff.org here

"Do we still hate the Eagles?"
[rocksoff.org]

These guys are mean.

Rocksoff.org is a splash in your eyes. Seems everbody is stoned, there.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 09:23

This made me laugh. Never liked his "music", though judging by his sales, millions probably do. Of course he can do whatever he wants...

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 8, 2015 09:28

Wouldn't stopping Phil Collins' comeback violate his constitutional rights or something?

...or do Brits not have a constitution?

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: November 8, 2015 11:50

Although all publicity is normally good I think that this bit is neg for him. It gives off a subliminal message! I remember in the early days of Genesis John Peel quipped "I can think of nothing more hellish than a singing drummer"!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 8, 2015 12:41

BreakingBlues
Wouldn't stopping Phil Collins' comeback violate his constitutional rights or something?

No we don't, at least, not a written one.

[en.wikipedia.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 12:44 by Deltics.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 14:11

I think people sometimes take too seriousely things like these . The petition against collins made me laugh. I could also sign it..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:54

Deltics
BreakingBlues

No we don't, at least, not a written one.

[en.wikipedia.org]

I thought the Brits got their constitution from that early 80s American TV show.

What was it called again, Magnum Carter?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 8, 2015 17:07

Triceratops
SuSuSudio!!!! Just say the word..... SuSuSudio _______so there!!!

Here it is! [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: November 8, 2015 17:16

Cut off his head and bury him at the crossroads,an old european ritual to stop him coming bback.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2015 17:51

DGA35
I"m sure he saw that albums aren't selling anymore so there's little royalties coming in. I didn't realize he was officially retired. Who knows, maybe a Genesis reunion?
I actually saw Phil in concert back in the late 80's in Vancouver at the Coliseum. Don't remember much about it but I do recall that his son Simon, who was living in Vancouver, came on and played drums for Easy Lover.

He gets plenty of $$$ from classic rock radio. In The Air tonight is probably his most played tune. I hear it - not by choice either - every week somewhere: someone driving buy with their windows down, someone at a job site with the radio up, cruising stations while driving.

TV commercials? I can't recall. It's like the weather: it's everywhere.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2015 21:50

If you don't like some musician for some reason then shut up and please do not post your negativity here on IORR. If you see some other people who write about their hate and/or dislike in music then please shut up and do NOT post it here. This is all hate hate hate. Please accept the fact that you are bored in life and find something better to do.

I have been away for 24 hours visiting family, ignoring internet meanwhile, that is the only reasoin why this thread made it through the past 24 hours. I don't want such hateful posts on IORR. PLease help me in getting them to go away.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home