Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Reason's why Chuck should be a full fledged member of the band....
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:36

1. He looks dangerous (OK, maybe not dangerous, but as least as dangerous as Keith these days).

2. He is an indispensable member of the touring band and IS the quarterback on stage.

3. He has actually co-written a song with the Glimmer Twins, and it forms the cornerstone to the stones mid-80s output.

4. He travels with his own coffee machine/grinder and beans when on tour, as it gets expensive always ordering from the hotel...showing he's cut from the Jagger cloth.

5. He's been in the band for longer than Brian Jones, Mick Taylor AND EVEN BILL WYMAN now!

6. He's genteel, a gentleman, a nod to the US roots-based music that has defined the Stones for over half a century.

7. He can use the money.

8. With a name like Chuck, he could modify it back to Charlie, thereby having 2 Charlie's in the band, which would harken back to the glory days when there was two Mick's in it. In fact, if Mick Taylor were invited back, in a band of 6 people there would be two Mick's and two Charlie's. A mind blow.

9. It would be a simultaneous homage and bitch slap to Stu, who recommended him to the band in the early 80s (and who was himself kicked out of the band for not looking like them)....50 years later, here's a guy that doesn't look like them that is INVITED into the band.

10. It's just the right thing to do....plus, in interviews Chuck already acts like the spokesperson for the band...MICK, just throw in the towel and give it to the guy already.

....that's all I got. anyone else?! Discuss.

Re: Reason's why Chuck should be a full fledged member of the band....
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:42

Rock and Roll

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:42

Chuck wants to get the worlds biggest wooden plane The Spruce Goose out of retirement to use as The Stones Tour plane ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 7, 2015 02:44

Rockman
Chuck wants to get the worlds biggest wooden plane The Spruce Goose out of retirement to use as The Stones Tour plane ....

Beautiful! A whole new marketing approach!

Instead of the Steel Wheels tour, the WOOD WINGS TOUR OF THE AMERICAS!

Date: November 7, 2015 02:53

11. Plink Plonk has become a signature sound for the band.

Date: November 7, 2015 03:00

Hairball
Rock and Roll

In the stones tradition he writes children's books with pictures.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:01

The Flying Lumberyard Tour ...............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:06

treaclefingers
1. He looks dangerous (OK, maybe not dangerous, but as least as dangerous as Keith these days).

2. He is an indispensable member of the touring band and IS the quarterback on stage.

3. He has actually co-written a song with the Glimmer Twins, and it forms the cornerstone to the stones mid-80s output.

4. He travels with his own coffee machine/grinder and beans when on tour, as it gets expensive always ordering from the hotel...showing he's cut from the Jagger cloth.

5. He's been in the band for longer than Brian Jones, Mick Taylor AND EVEN BILL WYMAN now!

6. He's genteel, a gentleman, a nod to the US roots-based music that has defined the Stones for over half a century.

7. He can use the money.

8. With a name like Chuck, he could modify it back to Charlie, thereby having 2 Charlie's in the band, which would harken back to the glory days when there was two Mick's in it. In fact, if Mick Taylor were invited back, in a band of 6 people there would be two Mick's and two Charlie's. A mind blow.

9. It would be a simultaneous homage and bitch slap to Stu, who recommended him to the band in the early 80s (and who was himself kicked out of the band for not looking like them)....50 years later, here's a guy that doesn't look like them that is INVITED into the band.

10. It's just the right thing to do....plus, in interviews Chuck already acts like the spokesperson for the band...MICK, just throw in the towel and give it to the guy already.

LOL. Your posts are always so funny.

Date: November 7, 2015 03:19

Turner68
treaclefingers

7. He can use the money.

LOL. Your posts are always so funny.

condescension won't be tolerated. we require full prodescension on this thread.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:23

treaclefingers

Wrong, since he's actually not a member of the band.

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Date: November 7, 2015 03:25

#10 is usually a reason not to do something in the Stones camp...

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:29

treaclefingers

7. He can use the money.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: November 7, 2015 03:30

BreakingBlues
treaclefingers

Something tells me you're not getting the gist of this thread.

Date: November 7, 2015 03:32

treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
treaclefingers

I think that you've argued a good case for him being a 1/4-fledged member of the band. but definitely not full fledged.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:37

I love Chuck but if they strung Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood along for all those years and they actually played on full albums and wrote songs (most of which were uncredited) and Chuck is credited with one co-write of the worst song in the Stones catalog "Back To Zero"...I can't see how he should be a full member doing only two more tours than Daryl Jones...being Steel Wheels and Urban Jungle...so accepting your argument...how would you not extend that to Daryl Jones or Bernard Fowler or Lisa Fisher...or the most obvious sideman Bobby Keys who is the 7th Stone after after Ian Stewart.

It took Ronnie Wood 20 years to get the nod...and giving up songwriting credits on a Top 15 Stones classic "It's Only Rock N Roll"...which they named the album after!

So...I'm a nay...and I'm sure Chuck is living the life and making more than enough money to keep him happy tour after tour.

Great for him...we all wish we were in his shoes.

He is a great quarterback on stage being the mediator between Mick and Keith so they don't fight on stage...which is great.

And the biggest reason he shouldn't be a full member...He's American...
The Stones are a British Band and when they tried out guitar players to replace Mick Taylor...the Americans were eliminated...and I agree with that...and I am an American from NYC. The Stones are a British band and they should remain British.

PECMAN

Date: November 7, 2015 03:38

Turner68
treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
treaclefingers

I think that you've argued a good case for him being a 1/4-fledged member of the band. but definitely not full fledged.

I say if he can pull a half nanker, that should give him at least 1/2 member status.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 7, 2015 06:00

Could you imagine being in the room with both Mick and Keith and floating that
idea with a straight face? Maybe sudgest Lisa as the 6th stone too..Haha.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 7, 2015 07:01

Chuck should be a full fledged member of the band because....

Then he could afford to, and put up with the hassles of, bringing a non-electric piano on the road and have a keyboard tech to look after it, tune it, get the best mics for it, etc. Then we would hear something we haven't heard much since the 1982 tour: a mic'ed acoustic piano on HTW, YCAGWYW, GS, MM, ballads, etc.!!

Date: November 7, 2015 07:49

Reason's Chuck shouldn't be a full-fledged member of the band:

1. He looks like a roadie.

2. He played no part in writing or recording any of their classic songs.

3. He has actually co-written a song with the Glimmer Twins, and it marks a low point of the Stones output.

4. His keyboard playing detracts from the quality of the live performances.

5. The Rolling Stones have not made him a member of the band, nor anyone else since Ronnie.

6. He's genteel, a gentleman, far too polite to be considered a non-drumming band member.

7. He is doing it for the money.

8. It would confuse and throw off Mick's band introductions.

9. It would be a bitch slap to Stu and Daryl, both better musicians and more Stonesy.

10. In interviews Chuck already acts like the spokesperson for the band.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 7, 2015 07:56

What they should have done is have Chuck (reluctantly, IMHO) and Ian McLagan playing keys instead of hauling around a brass section. Blame that on Mick Jagger.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: November 7, 2015 08:01

Turner68
Reason's Chuck shouldn't be a full-fledged member of the band:

1. He looks like a roadie.

2. He played no part in writing or recording any of their classic songs.

3. He has actually co-written a song with the Glimmer Twins, and it marks a low point of the Stones output.

4. His keyboard playing detracts from the quality of the live performances.

5. The Rolling Stones have not made him a member of the band, nor anyone else since Ronnie.

6. He's genteel, a gentleman, far too polite to be considered a non-drumming band member.

7. He is doing it for the money.

8. It would confuse and throw off Mick's band introductions.

9. It would be a bitch slap to Stu and Daryl, both better musicians and more Stonesy.

10. In interviews Chuck already acts like the spokesperson for the band.

11. The Rolling Stones are a British band. Chuck is not British.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 7, 2015 13:25

Thanx treaclefingers for those ten (or eleven) reasons to hate him even more!thumbs uphot smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 7, 2015 13:37

treaclefingers

I hate his 'plink-plink-plink' style, especially during Start Me Up.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 7, 2015 14:52

I like Chuck because he helps keep our band happy and humming along to the same beat. He's a nice guy and he likes trees.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 7, 2015 14:52

treaclefingers

Noodly plink plonk! Ugh!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 7, 2015 15:03

Chuck, has been the soul of the band for over 20 years keeping the band together while Keith was falling off trees on a drug stupor,and Mick was carousing with young girls,Chuck was saving the trees, and practicing the piano at home, getting ready for the next tour,he deserves a full membership,l say make Chuck a full Rolling Stones member NOW...hot smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-07 15:05 by ROPENI.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 7, 2015 15:06

Stones is no GD pianoband...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 7, 2015 15:12

Come On

thumbs up
Chuck and Don Was out, Ian McLagan and Jack White in.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 7, 2015 15:47

KRiffhard
Come On

thumbs up
Chuck and Don Was out, Ian McLagan and Jack White in.

Ian McLagan? If we will add dead musicians, bring back Nicky and Stu!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: November 7, 2015 16:00

Stones is no GD pianoband…

I read this as Grateful Dead piano band and look at all the players they had.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2162
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home