Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Lisa Fischer: Not this time
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2015 06:46

DancelittleSister
No worries,she's an amazing singer but she can be replaced. Enough good looking talent out there.

I don't mind the replacement talent being "good-looking" as long as she can sing!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 13, 2015 20:56

A real shame Lisa is otherwise engaged.Pretty sure she will perform with them again.There is plenty of support from within the Stones camp for her talents.Keef's recent performance and her excellent vocals there are evidence of that.
Pity" has been journalists" write "sad to see her decline",what a load of crap!

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: November 17, 2015 15:26

I will always remember the amazing job she did on Night Time is the Right Time.I have been listening to it since the Albany show in 2005 and it's still great!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 17, 2015 19:32

Jeeeeez, all sentimentality aside, the Stones are the Fab Four: Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie. Everybody else on stage is a hired gun and as such, ultimately replacable. In fact I would applaud any change in this backline because it would bring a much desired change of the routine. Seen Lisa doing the "Shelter thing" many a times in the past decades (!!!) now, it's time for something fresh. Sorry if I sound harsh, but Rock'n'Roll is no family meeting.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 17, 2015 22:58

'Gimme Shelter' is one of my favorites in a Rolling Stones concert and not only because of the voice of Mick Jagger. Its a big shame when Lisa is not with them on tour. Who will be her replacement?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 17, 2015 23:08

Ladykiller
Who will be her replacement?

Adele?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 18, 2015 01:17

Anouk, a great Dutch singer and ....looking hot and sexy. Mick will like her.
jeroen

Date: November 18, 2015 02:58

corriecas
Anouk, a great Dutch singer and ....looking hot and sexy. Mick will like her.
jeroen

Just what the doctor ordered, right?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 18, 2015 07:13

Bungo
24FPS
Jeez. Is it that big a deal, for whatever reason? 26 years is a long f-ing time to be on any one gig. Maybe she's made enough dough that she can afford to do her own thing, finally. Were making such a big thing over something so insignificant to the overall history of the band. The people who REALLY mattered spent much shorter periods of time with them. Honestly, I see backup singers as interchangeable. I think they can find somebody new to go 'Woo Woo' over Sympathy every night.

Ditto for me. She had a good run. It's time for her to pursue her other interests. I'm sure she socked away some of that money and life is too short to not enjoy yourself in your later years. Good on ya Lisa. You were a consummate professional.

Have any of you seen "20 Feet From Stardom"??? She's not exactly living the high life from these years of working with The Stones.

This is about prior commitments, or money, or she did something to piss Mick off (a la Bobby Keys or Matt Clifford, who it took years to get back in the fold).

If it wasn't Latin America I would have thought Mick would go with Grace Potter, proving he did, indeed, sleep with her. But they won't care for that skinny white girl down there. winking smiley

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:28

I have read most of the posts here about Lisa Fischer not being on this tour. Some seemed really cruel others wished her well! I believe as much as people on this board were tired of her Gimme Shelter, I am sure she was tired of having to scream rape and murder for 25 years. Not that she had a choice of what to sing. She sang what she was told by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. They paid her to sing what they wanted her to sing. Can you imagine Lisa telling them " no I am tired of singing Gimme Shelter". I'm not going to sing it tonight. We really should stop blaming her for Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pay her to do. Then again that maybe what happened this time. Lisa has her own band and wants to do things her way before its too late.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:40

If Lisa would have wanted a solo carrier she shouldn't have signed up for more than one tour. Now it's 25 years to late. Of course she can to some degree capitalize on her Stones past. But how big is that audience?

Date: November 18, 2015 16:17

Actually she did have a solo career. Her first album won a Grammy. Lisa's voice rivaled her contemparies like Whitney Houston. After the initial fame and glamor Lisa for whatever reasons was really put off and settled for back up singing. Maybe in her late 50's she is ready for a solo career. I am not expert here. Just offering my very humble opinion after following her career online. Maybe I need to get a real life and stop obsessing about an elderly rock and roll band. Lol

Date: November 18, 2015 16:51

PhillyFAN
I have read most of the posts here about Lisa Fischer not being on this tour. Some seemed really cruel others wished her well! I believe as much as people on this board were tired of her Gimme Shelter, I am sure she was tired of having to scream rape and murder for 25 years. Not that she had a choice of what to sing. She sang what she was told by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. They paid her to sing what they wanted her to sing. Can you imagine Lisa telling them " no I am tired of singing Gimme Shelter". I'm not going to sing it tonight. We really should stop blaming her for Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pay her to do. Then again that maybe what happened this time. Lisa has her own band and wants to do things her way before its too late.

Actually, she said she didn't want to sing it anymore, but it was back in the setlist for 50 & Counting...

Lisa will probably be back, and I hope she will.

Date: November 18, 2015 16:55

Yes, Philly. I knew that. I can't really understand why she gave up her promising solo career so fast and settled with backup-singing.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 18, 2015 21:34

DandelionPowderman
PhillyFAN

Actually, she said she didn't want to sing it anymore, but it was back in the setlist for 50 & Counting...

Just curious .... Did sh publicly say she didn't want to sing shelter?
This surprises me.

Date: November 18, 2015 21:37

swimtothemoon
DandelionPowderman
PhillyFAN

Just curious .... Did sh publicly say she didn't want to sing shelter?
This surprises me.

It was posted here at the time. Will see if I can find it..

Date: November 19, 2015 01:01

She will be back, at the European leg in 2016 or 2017, or 2025.

Jeroen

Date: November 19, 2015 01:04

In 2025 she'll be 67, Charlie will be 84 and Sir Michael 82...

Date: November 19, 2015 04:40

Stoneage

And?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 19, 2015 05:39

Stoneage
Yes, Philly. I knew that. I can't really understand why she gave up her promising solo career so fast and settled with backup-singing.

Lisa had a minor hit in 1990, & didn't rejoin the Stones till 1994.In the pop world, that is an eternity not to have a follow up hit.That time done past.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2015 09:34

alimente
Stoneage

And?

They won't be performing that late in life.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 19, 2015 10:32

Lisa must have her reasons not to be on this tour. I don't mind if they don't play Gimme Shelter on this tour. Enough great songs they've never played live to replace it.

Date: November 19, 2015 10:44

Stoneage

and they will play the Ziggodome, Amsterdam in 2035.

Jeroen

Date: November 19, 2015 11:08

corriecas
Stoneage

and they will play the Ziggodome, Amsterdam in 2035.

Jeroen

To celebrate Bill's upcoming 100th birthday? That would be something...

Date: November 19, 2015 11:10

Mack Jigger
Lisa must have her reasons not to be on this tour. I don't mind if they don't play Gimme Shelter on this tour. Enough great songs they've never played live to replace it.

Reasons she already have shared with the world.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 19, 2015 11:35

Stoneage

She was caught up in really brutal regime change @ Elektra. Basically, they brought in new label head & all that were not superstars were basically axed & given no support in favor of new acts.

Date: November 19, 2015 11:44

Didn't know that. Thanks, fellow Swede!

Date: November 19, 2015 18:04

crholmstrom
Stoneage

She was caught up in really brutal regime change @ Elektra. Basically, they brought in new label head & all that were not superstars were basically axed & given no support in favor of new acts.

I believe there was more to it then the regime change. Lisa was a new artist with them and her first album "So Intense" garnered a Grammy and a hot single called " How can I ease the pain". Whatever the reasons I think they were personal and probably not wanting to be packaged and marketed in a particular style. Lisa seems to be a kind and good person, a least that's what I have always read about her. She was young and extremely good looking. I think the wanted to stylize her and what she sang. She certainly has a incredible voice. It's a shame what happens to the women amazing talent that wind up singing back up, but Lisa said that what she preferred.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 19, 2015 18:44

crholmstrom

Interesting. Was this when Bob Krasnow was ousted, replaced by Sylvia Rhone? Elektra has had a strong female R&B heritage over the years, including Patrice Rushen, Angela Winbush, Klymaxx, and En Vogue. I guess it got a little too crowded.

Date: November 19, 2015 19:30

Bring back Grace Potter cool smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home