Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Lisa Fischer: Not this time
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2015 17:38

KRiffhard
Stoneage
Why not just close this thread since no one seems to know the real reasons behind this except for Lisa's short statement? Otherwise this thread will be ten pages of pure speculation. Do we need that?

thumbs up

If you're using that as your metric, IORR would have ten threads. I see no problem with people having a discussion about this as long as it's civilized which with a few exceptions it looks like it is.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 9, 2015 17:47

PhillyFAN
Lisa Fisher is a very talented singer that also sings other genres of music beautifully. She is regulated to what Mick Jagger and Keith Richards want her to sing and how. Obviously they like it, no matter what people criticizing her think. It only matters to the Stones ears. She was not able to select her own material, even from the Stones catalogue. She was trotted for decades to duet on " Gimme Shelter". As hardcore Rolling Stones fans that scurtize every aspect of their lives and music people were tired of her singing Gimme Shelter. I am sure she was bored with it as well. But, their are thousands of fans that never heard her live are impressed with her voice. It's obvious from the You Tubes I've watched. She is incredibly talented with a five octave range that no doubt wants to do different things. In the end it only mattered what Mick Jagger and Keith Ricards wanted. It's their music and they trusted her with their music for over 2 decades. Like Liza, its time to move on.I wish her the best in whatever she does!

I agree!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 9, 2015 18:42

Not reading thru the entire thread. I am guessing many are sad about this. Not me. First, as much as I love Gimme Shelter, I don't need to hear it every single show. 2nd, as stated many times, I much prefer just Stones themselves on all the other songs ... I want to hear Keith singing backup, or even Ronnie. Not Lisa or Bernard. I don't care if they have nice voices. I don't like the Stones for "nice" voices. I like my Stones for not singing with perfection. I like the gruffness, etc.

Great news for me.

Re: Lisa Fisher: Not this time
Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: November 10, 2015 20:26

Cristiano Radtke
Sad news. Lisa is a great singer and a very lovely lady, very friendly with the fans. I wonder who can replace her.

Mick Taylor can do it on Gimme Shelter...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:08

Maybe they'll bring back Blondie to sing and play third guitar.

I'm going to miss Lisa.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:19

LeonidP
Not reading thru the entire thread. I am guessing many are sad about this. Not me. First, as much as I love Gimme Shelter, I don't need to hear it every single show. 2nd, as stated many times, I much prefer just Stones themselves on all the other songs ... I want to hear Keith singing backup, or even Ronnie. Not Lisa or Bernard. I don't care if they have nice voices. I don't like the Stones for "nice" voices. I like my Stones for not singing with perfection. I like the gruffness, etc.

Great news for me.

Probably not. Lisa will most likely be replaced by another female back up singer. New face, same song.

Date: November 10, 2015 21:26

kevinkamphuis
Cristiano Radtke
Sad news. Lisa is a great singer and a very lovely lady, very friendly with the fans. I wonder who can replace her.

Mick Taylor can do it on Gimme Shelter...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Can he reach the high notes? winking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:28

Cindy Mizelle?

suddenly being tweeted by Bernard.

Date: November 10, 2015 21:41

thecitadel
Cindy Mizelle?

With the question mark?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 10, 2015 22:08

DandelionPowderman
thecitadel
Cindy Mizelle?

With the question mark?

replacing Lisa?

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 23:10

Love her but she should she be fairly easy to replace. Maybe we will all like a different "take" on some of the songs

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: November 11, 2015 04:10

When I heard Lisa sing on Twenty Feet From Stardom, I turned to my wife and said, "What the hell is she doing singing with the Rolling Stone?" To which my wife, who is a very good singer, replied, "She got a set of pipes on her."

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 11, 2015 04:24

TornAndFried
I texted Lisa the other day and asked if the decision not to go on the Latin American tour was her's or the band's and last night she replied with a one-word answer: "mine." So, there is the definitive answer and you can now all end the speculation that it was because of money, her age or the quality of her singing, etc.

Cool. "Not this time" means maybe next time. Have to take opportunities when they present themselves, or there may not be another chance. She has a great gig right now with the ballet, which doesn't interfere with the SA tour, but must be so fulfilling artistically. The rest of her schedule will also be a great opportunity for personal and artistic challenge and growth. (If people here get bored with the same 5 shows a tour, wonder how Lisa may feel having to do all of them, over and over, year after year, mostly the same show.)

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 11, 2015 05:18

"Not This Time" should be the title of Lisa's next CD.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 11, 2015 10:57

1969Fan
When I heard Lisa sing on Twenty Feet From Stardom, I turned to my wife and said, "What the hell is she doing singing with the Rolling Stone?" To which my wife, who is a very good singer, replied, "She got a set of pipes on her."

Maybe LF pulled a "Wyman" on the band : she realized she had sucked everything she could from the band ($$$ + fame) and she picked the best time to say "goodbye".

Can't really blame her : she's 56. Like any person with an artistic talent she's dying to have her own independant career. The movie "Twenty Feet From Stardom" probably gave her the final motivation to leave the Stones circus.

Maybe one morning she looked at herself in the mirror and said to herself "girl you'll soon be 60 and you'll still be hooting behind Mick on GS. Time to move on girl!" thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 11, 2015 15:49

Perhaps Cindy Mizelle could replace her. One hot sexy lady , i observed while watching From the Vault.. Tokyo.

Jeroen

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 11, 2015 17:16

I prefer Lisa singing Gimme Shelter with Mick and I usually don't like the " guests" that attempt to do the song justice....and usually fail miserably. I hope South America is the only scheduling conflict.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: November 11, 2015 17:54

dcba
1969Fan

Maybe LF pulled a "Wyman" on the band : she realized she had sucked everything she could from the band ($$$ + fame) and she picked the best time to say "goodbye".

Can't really blame her : she's 56. Like any person with an artistic talent she's dying to have her own independant career. The movie "Twenty Feet From Stardom" probably gave her the final motivation to leave the Stones circus.

Maybe one morning she looked at herself in the mirror and said to herself "girl you'll soon be 60 and you'll still be hooting behind Mick on GS. Time to move on girl!" thumbs up

Anything we may guess is just that, a guess. I would think singing backup (frontup?) for the Stones is a good gig (another guess). All I know is that Ms Fisher is one hell of a singer. Regardless of why she isn't joining them on this tour, or if she'll join them again further down the road, I'm sure she's had a hell of a ride.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 12, 2015 01:36

Bring in Sarah Dash. She's got the pipes for Gimme Shelter and anything else they could throw at her. She did an amazing Time Is On My Side when Keith toured in '88.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 12, 2015 07:55

dcba
1969Fan

Did the Stones really work 365 days a year in the past decade or were there other factors that prevented her from pursuing a solo career?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 12, 2015 08:05

GAFF
Bring in Sarah Dash. She's got the pipes for Gimme Shelter and anything else they could throw at her. She did an amazing Time Is On My Side when Keith toured in '88.

Wow, that was 27 years ago. Hopefully time is really on her side....

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:24

alimente

Did the Stones really work 365 days a year in the past decade

More like 365 days in the past decade...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:29

swimtothemoon
GAFF

Wow, that was 27 years ago. Hopefully time is really on her side....

Sara Dash for me, too. Quite confident for her pipes...

Date: November 12, 2015 13:01

RoughJusticeOnYa
alimente

Or in a past decade...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 16:45

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
alimente

Or in a past decade...

That's funny, and true :-)

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 12, 2015 16:55

regarding who would be brought on to sing for this tour...

surely they wont just drop Gimme Shelter..?

somebody will get a nice gig, singing that famous part, but at the moment I cant imagine who it might be.

a temporary replacement for Lisa? whoever it is has to sing on several songs, with Bernard..

or could it turn into a new addition to the touring band, we'll see..not clear if Lisa has bowed out.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 17:15

The whole thing was getting "old"/time for a change

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 13, 2015 00:04

alimente
dcba
1969Fan

Did the Stones really work 365 days a year in the past decade or were there other factors that prevented her from pursuing a solo career?

It's all a matter of when. And she lined up her own work. That's it. Nothing else. As it's been said, time to move on. Or for her, professionally, up.

Date: November 13, 2015 00:10

No worries,she's an amazing singer but she can be replaced. Enough good looking talent out there.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 13, 2015 00:39

GAFF

my thoughts exactly

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home