Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Lisa Fischer: Not this time
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: November 7, 2015 23:33

When I interviewed Lisa earlier this year, she alluded to perhaps working on an album of her own. She also states openly that she doesn't come here and read all the negative comments about herself. I don't blame her, because all the people who bitch here are just a bunch of bitches. Unless you are an African-American backup singer around the same age, you should not criticize her. Just because someone is in the public eye, doesn't mean that your comments don't hurt. You get out there and see how hard it is.

Interview with Lisa Fischer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:18

roller99
When I interviewed Lisa earlier this year, she alluded to perhaps working on an album of her own. She also states openly that she doesn't come here and read all the negative comments about herself. I don't blame her, because all the people who bitch here are just a bunch of bitches. Unless you are an African-American backup singer around the same age, you should not criticize her. Just because someone is in the public eye, doesn't mean that your comments don't hurt. You get out there and see how hard it is.

roller99, with all due respect, this forum is very well-moderated and any hurtful or insulting posts are usually deleted. It is ridiculous to say that anyone who is not an "African-American backup singer the same age" is not entitled to an informed opinion on how they feel about Lisa. Does that rule of thumb also apply to commentary about other members of the band? Are African-Americans in their 20's or 30's, who don't play keyboard prohibited from criticizing Chuck, etc.? If one does not care for Lisa's current state and can express his or her opinion in a diplomatic, courteous manner, they should be permitted to do so. My ears and eyes function very well, despite my not matching your criteria. I personally think Lisa's inability to hit the high notes, her (and Bernard's for that matter) distracting, over-the-top hijacking of Mick's vocals, and her general stage moves are distracting and no longer enhance the show. If others (no matter their background, race, etc.) disagree, that is their right and they are entitled to feel that way and express their opinion. I personally look forward to how this decision will affect the Stones future performances.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:27

bleedingman
roller99

roller99, with all due respect, this forum is very well-moderated and any hurtful or insulting posts are usually deleted. It is ridiculous to say that anyone who is not an "African-American backup singer the same age" is not entitled to an informed opinion on how they feel about Lisa. Does that rule of thumb also apply to commentary about other members of the band? Are African-Americans in their 20's or 30's, who don't play keyboard prohibited from criticizing Chuck, etc.? If one does not care for Lisa's current state and can express his or her opinion in a diplomatic, courteous manner, they should be permitted to do so. My ears and eyes function very well, despite my not matching your criteria. I personally think Lisa's inability to hit the high notes, her (and Bernard's for that matter) distracting, over-the-top hijacking of Mick's vocals, and her general stage moves are distracting and no longer enhance the show. If others (no matter their background, race, etc.) disagree, that is their right and they are entitled to feel that way and express their opinion. I personally look forward to how this decision will affect the Stones future performances.

If it's done respectfully, it's fine. But there are tons of people on here posting all kinds of hurtful comments. I'm a firm believer in "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". All these people criticize Chuck and Matt and they have no idea what they're talking about. People should put themselves in their position, using thier own profession.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:29

roller99
bleedingman
roller99

If it's done respectfully, it's fine. But there are tons of people on here posting all kinds of hurtful comments. I'm a firm believer in "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". All these people criticize Chuck and Matt and they have no idea what they're talking about. People should put themselves in their position, using thier own profession.

Alright I'll give it a shot: Chuck is a very good pianist... [rest of post censored to comply with roller99's request]

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:06

Being a celebrity has many pros and cons. In fact more pros than cons. You will be paid more, invited to this and that, recieve VIP-treatment and things like that. The cons are also obvious. Even more so in these internet days. But that is a price every celebrity has to pay. It comes with the deal so to speak. Whether you like it or not. We had a case in Sweden with a (stupid) celebrity who accepted invitations to celebrity occasions but refused to be photographed there! He wanted the pros but refused the cons! He didn't understand the basic deal...

Date: November 8, 2015 01:10

Yeah... Chuck can laugh at my broke arse all the way to the bank... regardless of what I say about his plinking. Oops, sorry roller99, I said something not nice about somebody, please excuse me and forgive me... and I'll ignore this very "not nice" comment by Mr. Roller99...

roller99
I don't blame her, because all the people who bitch here are just a bunch of bitches.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:29

I agree but this is the internet after all. The phrase "That's show biz" has never been more apropos.

Like I said, bv does a very thorough job of keeping his board civil. Lisa is a beautiful person and a major talent. So are Bernard, Chuck, and Darryl. But I would be thrilled to see them all gone and see an all new, stripped-down, rebooted Rolling Stones. I do miss Bobby though. And Mac. And Stu.

roller99
bleedingman
roller99

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:32

Looks like she's got an amazing gig going on right now with the dancers. Her voice is amazing, like a feather floating in the wind, to quote her. She said she's trying to be "the best me I can be" today. Sounds like a great plan, LF! Keep growing and moving and taking new challenges.

Date: November 8, 2015 01:37

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 8, 2015 01:39

It's another case of life imitating Spinal Tap: she'll be no more missed than Ross McLoughness or Ronnie Pudding or Denny Upham.

But seriously, Lisa Fischer has made an important contribution. But the show goes on. And I'm sure it will be just fine. The Stones have survived other personnel changes, and they'll survive this one. This ship's unsinkable!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 21:16 by ab.

Date: November 8, 2015 01:41

Her greatest advantage was, after all, her looks and presence. Sure, she could sing. But so could thousands of other back-up singers out there. She was, sort of, a show within the show.
I know it's not politically correct to mention this but looks and appearance has always been a vital part of showbiz. Remember why Stu was put aside in the sixties?

Date: November 8, 2015 01:46

ab
It's another case of life imitating Spinal Tap: she'll be no more missed than Ross McLoughness or Ronnie Pudding or Denny Upton.

But seriously, Lisa Fischer has made an important contribution. But the show goes on. And I'm sure it will be just fine. The Stones have survived other personnel changes, and they'll survive this one. This ship's unsinkable!

That's what they said about the Titanic...

Date: November 8, 2015 01:49

ab
It's another case of life imitating Spinal Tap: she'll be no more missed than Ross McLoughness or Ronnie Pudding or Denny Upton.

Haha! Always great to be reminded of Spinal Tap. The distorting mirror of rock and roll!

Date: November 8, 2015 01:57

AH-mazing
Wild Horses
[youtu.be]

Date: November 8, 2015 02:01

Sorry, too much wailing for me there.

Date: November 8, 2015 02:39

It's time for the world to hear Lisa's voice. It'll be a new audience--not the Stones audience, who can be a crass, unspiritual crowd-or if spiritual-on the dark side. Lisa has more of a Light and Love to share with like-minded people.lol (cackling...)

Lisa is so much better than just the Stones. She's in the background, but she can sing circles around Mick. Go for it, Lisa! Be free.

The Look Of Love with Chris Botti
[youtu.be]

Posted by: SL818 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:42

roller99

Unless you are an African-American backup singer around the same age, you should not criticize her.

you can not be serious.

like others have mentioned, her voice is gone quite a lot for years now.

it would not be too surprising that´s the reason for touring without her.

Date: November 8, 2015 02:48

so many mean people in the world

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:56

Yes, not the Stones audience. But obviously this is a Stones fan board so I imagine the feelings about her direction and style will be somewhat mixed.

I guess she's going for more of an Ella Fitzgerald kind of vibe. More power to her, let her find her muse and milk it for all it's worth.

But I hope she stays away from Stones songs for the most part with that style, more suited for the Star Spangled Banner than Wild Horses and probably best kept off the Stones board because it will just attract some rather brutal criticism. Let's remember Lisa (here) for her best work with the Stones like that Paradiso show stuff.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:08

BreakingBlues
ab

Well this isn't exactly the maiden voyage my friend. This ship's tested many a turbulent water through the decades.

Date: November 8, 2015 03:14

treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
ab

Well this isn't exactly the maiden voyage my friend. This ship's tested many a turbulent water through the decades.

Well... you got me there. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:15

BreakingBlues
treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
ab

yes.

Date: November 8, 2015 03:19

treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
treaclefingers
BreakingBlues
ab

yes.

But I wriggled out of your grasp on the Chuck Leavell thread! winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 8, 2015 10:54

firebird
I don't know how much the Stones pay her

She gave an interview to a French mag and when asked how much she made as a backing singer she replied "up to 50K a week".

So I assume "50K a week" is what she gets when she tours with the Stones...

Methinks she thought it's time to make the big jump and launch her own career/be her own boss.
"Better run your own small biz than be an employee of a huge corporation" and all that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 10:56 by dcba.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 8, 2015 11:27

for me Lisa is a great singer.
Perhaps, it's the occasion for our beloved Rolling Stones to hire backing singer from South America ? So may great voices there too !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 8, 2015 11:28

bleedingman
Lisa is a beautiful person and a major talent. So are Bernard, Chuck, and Darryl. But I would be thrilled to see them all gone and see an all new, stripped-down, rebooted Rolling Stones.

Perfect example of a civil and respectful comment.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 8, 2015 11:37

roller99

What a load of crap. I guess if your not an African American woman of her age you cant praise her either.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 8, 2015 11:38

Rolling Hansie
bleedingman
Lisa is a beautiful person and a major talent. So are Bernard, Chuck, and Darryl. But I would be thrilled to see them all gone and see an all new, stripped-down, rebooted Rolling Stones.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 8, 2015 12:38

Aquamarine
Rolling Hansie
bleedingman

thumbs up smileys with beer
smileys with beerhot smiley

A stripped down Stones band would be perfect!! Love to see that version in europe, 2017.
One Love jeroen

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 8, 2015 13:48

A pity. She's a great singer, great performer and seems a fantastic person.
But I wish her all the best for her career.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home