Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Lisa Fischer: Not this time
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 6, 2015 19:56

I posted this on the big Latin America Tour thread, but thought it needed a place of its own. Lisa will not be on the upcoming tour.

[twitter.com]

How many years has she been touring with the Stones? This is the first one she's missed. I wonder if that means they will skip Gimme Shelter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 20:21 by latebloomer.

Re: Lisa Fisher: Not this time
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:08

Sad news. Lisa is a great singer and a very lovely lady, very friendly with the fans. I wonder who can replace her.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:09

This sucks massively.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:10

Thanks bloomer, many of us have suspected as much due to her published tour dates conflicting with the Stones dates. I think it may be a bit more than just the scheduling conflicts, she obviously could have scheduled shows that didn't conflict. I think this was probably a Jagger decision. Why would she intentionally do something to cause her heart to ache? In any case, I think the Stones will do fine without her. Ole will be a historic and amazing tour. The real question is will they keep Gimme Shelter in the set list? And who if anyone is going to replace her?

Date: November 6, 2015 20:11

Cristiano Radtke
Sad news. Lisa is a great singer and a very lovely lady, very friendly with the fans. I wonder who can replace her.

I wonder too. Bernard will miss his partner, they've been in the backup line there together for years. At the same time, I'm glad for her that her solo career seems to be flourishing.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:12

Even though I think Lisa is kick ass, I hope they don't replace her. Same with Bernard. Leave the backing vox to the guitarists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 20:12 by MingSubu.

Naturalust
Thanks bloomer, many of us have suspected as much due to her published tour dates conflicting with the Stones dates. I think it may be a bit more than just the scheduling conflicts, she obviously could have scheduled shows that didn't conflict. I think this was probably a Jagger decision. Why would she intentionally do something to cause her heart to ache? In any case, I think the Stones will do fine without her. Ole will be a historic and amazing tour. The real question is will they keep Gimme Shelter in the set list? And who if anyone is going to replace her?

What makes you think that?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()

Feline Fion >grinning smiley<

Date: November 6, 2015 20:16

Ok...throw rocks at me or whatever. But it was time for her to be done.

Mix it up a bit.

Never get off the Stones boat...
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:16

Dean Goodman is going to cry in his beer tonight... >grinning smiley<

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 20:21 by dcba.

Re: Never get off the Stones boat...
Date: November 6, 2015 20:22

dcba
Dean Goodman is going to cry in his beer tonight... >grinning smiley<

@ Latebloomer :
you might want to change the title of your thread to "Lisa Fischer: Not this time" winking smiley

Done, thanks dcba. That's what happens when you post at work. grinning smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:22

If Jagger replaces her with someone younger and hotter, I don't think we'll see her back unfortunately .I still can't believe that he thought it was a good idea to have guests on Shelter in 2012
His recent duet with the wrong Taylor in front of a load of screaming teens says it all sad smiley

sc uk

Re: Lisa Fischer: Not this time
Date: November 6, 2015 20:27

Is it too much to ask that we refrain from blaming Mick Jagger until at least page 2?

It could very well be that Lisa is committed to her current tour schedule and has decided that it is more important to her than the LA tour...or it could be she's tired of Bernard's bad breath. Who knows?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:31

latebloomer
Is it too much to ask that we refrain from blaming Mick Jagger until at least page 2?

It could very well be that Lisa is committed to her current tour schedule and has decided that it is more important to her than the LA tour...or it could be she's tired of Bernard's bad breath. Who knows?

It could be any of those, or something else, including what some have speculated, that it was Mick's decision, which would have been for reasons of looks, not sound, no? Nobody blamed Mick, a few people wondered because it does seem strange that she would want out (she could easily have scheduled her tour for a different month), but as you say, who knows?

Date: November 6, 2015 20:33

Didn't Lisa miss the 1990 tour as well? I think she was replaced with Lorelei McBroom, or something..

Date: November 6, 2015 20:37

DandelionPowderman
Didn't Lisa miss the 1990 tour as well? I think she was replaced with Lorelei McBroom, or something..

I recall she was not on Urban Jungle. She has been with them since then, no? Over 20 years of tours.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:37

latebloomer
At the same time, I'm glad for her that her solo career seems to be flourishing.

Let's just hope that the folks attending her solo shows aren't all Stones fans and travelling to Latin America...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:38

Not a big miss

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:39

Lisa has slightly lost some of her vocal power. Still great, mind you, but not like, say, Paradisio "Gimme Shelter".

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:45

Sad news. Anyway gimme shelter is a must. They have to play this song.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:45

From her responses to people on social media, it sounds very much like it was her decision not to cancel her upcoming shows to join the Stones this time.

Good for her that she has that many booked gigs coming up, I saw her show in Seattle last year and it was vey entertaining..

A little disappointing in her decision in that her statements last tour when she had to cancel a bunch of dates were along the lines of "When the Rolling Stones come calling.." and "They are family".. etc.

I love her, but I believe the live show could benefit from some new female vocals.. Love to see someone as talented as Judith Hill get a shot.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:53

Naturalust

Maybe she just got tired of singing the same songs over and over again.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:54

latebloomer

Hahaha smiling smiley

Seeing that she just sang with Keith at the Apollo, it does come as a bit of a surprise - to me at least.
She's paid her dues with the Stones for a LONG time, so perhaps you're right about her giving more importance to solo gigs.But since when has she done that?

Anyways, Gimme Shelter will take on a new life if played, and not to knock Lisa, but she pretty much destroyed the tune with her melodramatic theatrical wailings imo.
Talented for sure, but just really WAY over the top.

For the most part though, she will be missed.

Date: November 6, 2015 20:57

Rik
Not a big miss

I disagree. I agree with MisterDDDD's last line totally but it may take two to fill her shoes.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:23

latebloomer
Naturalust

Per your own request I'll wait till at least page 2 before giving a proper response to your question. smoking smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:43

Naturalust

Why should they kill Gimme Shelter" from the setlist because Lisa Fisher should not be there. It's a Rolling Stones song, not a Fisher one. Did you noticed that they kept the songs recorded under the Taylor's era after he left the band. smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:49

Jeez. Is it that big a deal, for whatever reason? 26 years is a long f-ing time to be on any one gig. Maybe she's made enough dough that she can afford to do her own thing, finally. Were making such a big thing over something so insignificant to the overall history of the band. The people who REALLY mattered spent much shorter periods of time with them. Honestly, I see backup singers as interchangeable. I think they can find somebody new to go 'Woo Woo' over Sympathy every night.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:51

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust

Per your own request I'll wait till at least page 2 before giving a proper response to your question. smoking smiley

Are we on page 2 yet?
Will be interesting to hear your reasoning on this one.

edit: dang it, I guess not on page 2 yet. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 21:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:52

If it's Celine Dion then I'm buying a front of stage ticket and a water pistol filled with something other than water.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 6, 2015 22:16

Not many people turn down the Stones. Maybe this is a nice way to part ways. Politics

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home