Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Levon Helm, Keith Richards, Scotty Moore, D. J. Fontana & The Band: Deuce & A Quarter
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 26, 2015 19:07

Keith is fantastic here with Levon.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Levon Helm, Keith Richards, Scotty Moore, D. J. Fontana & The Band: Deuce & A Quarter
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 26, 2015 19:52

Ronnie is also on this cd

Re: Levon Helm, Keith Richards, Scotty Moore, D. J. Fontana & The Band: Deuce & A Quarter
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 26, 2015 20:42

Pretty cool thanks for the post OpenG! Some great pictures on that video, looks like they were all having a good time. RIP Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Richard Bell and Paul Burlison.

Strange that THREE guys are credited with bass on that track. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 26, 2015 20:51

this is so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 26, 2015 21:02

Here's a page about the session on Scotty Moore's site: [www.scottymoore.net]
Someone once pointed out that everyone's got a blond Telecaster *except* Keith :E

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 26, 2015 21:27

Nice stuff ...sad ta see Rick Danko in there but it makes no difference now

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 27, 2015 12:49

Rockman
why is it so sad to see Rick Danko in there ? He was a heck of a guy!

Date: October 27, 2015 12:55

Nice one!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 27, 2015 15:46

That is f....ing awesome. Just realised how much Immiss Levon Helm.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 16:05

TheGreek
Rockman

I presume it's sad because it's a reminder that another great one is no longer with us?

Off topic slightly but has anyone seen the Netflix show, Narcos? One of the DEA characters, Javier is a dead ringer for Rick...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 27, 2015 18:00

This is so great...Keith really should do a country covers album, and throw in a few new songs.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 27, 2015 18:12

Rockman

sad also that apparently nobody caught your song reference, Rockman..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2015 18:21

Roll73
TheGreek
Rockman

I presume it's sad because it's a reminder that another great one is no longer with us?

Off topic slightly but has anyone seen the Netflix show, Narcos? One of the DEA characters, Javier is a dead ringer for Rick...

Also Sean Penn closely resembles him as seen in Falcon and the Snowman movie (1985) .

That would have been the coolest session to witness.
RIP to all of those who are no longer with us.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 27, 2015 18:26

duke richardson
Rockman

Actually it was pretty hard to miss! I certainly share a sense of sadness that Rick Danko is no longer with us. What a character and amazing musician and singer. For some reason he always stands out to me in both The Last Waltz and Festival Express. That scene on the train in FE where they are all inebriated and Rick sings parts of verses separated by howling laughter by him and everyone else is just classic. RIP Rick.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 12:35

Naturalust
duke richardson
Rockman

Actually it was pretty hard to miss! I certainly share a sense of sadness that Rick Danko is no longer with us. What a character and amazing musician and singer. For some reason he always stands out to me in both The Last Waltz and Festival Express. That scene on the train in FE where they are all inebriated and Rick sings parts of verses separated by howling laughter by him and everyone else is just classic. RIP Rick.

Seeing as we're singing the praises of Rick Danko thought it might be appropriate to share this little beauty - a so called 'deep cut' from one of the Band's less celebrated albums - one of my favourite vocal performances of Rick.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 7, 2017 10:50

Nice to see !

Ronnie Wood, Scotty Moore & Jeff Beck videoclip of Unsung Heroes & conversations ;

[youtu.be]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 7, 2017 11:04

OpenG
Keith is fantastic here with Levon.

[www.youtube.com]

wow that's sweet stuff thanks for this. thumbs up

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 7, 2017 13:39

The whole "All the King's Men" album of Scotty Moore & DJ Fontana is very enjoyable. Sweetfish Records definitely had a very good run when they brought these guys and gals together for this album and Paul Burlison's "Train Kept A-Rollin'" a year later. The label soon went under, though, which is rather unfortunate when you think they could have produced even more records of this caliber at the time.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 7, 2017 14:27

TheGreek
Rockman

..hey Greek..this should help you understand Rockman's very nice post...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 7, 2017 18:13

Fantastic stuff!
Thanks for posting those links!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 7, 2017 19:54

with sssoul
Here's a page about the session on Scotty Moore's site: [www.scottymoore.net]

Interesting how they misspelled the word 'deuce' in the url smoking smiley

Date: February 8, 2017 15:30

Here's more great footage - a trailer for the docu «Return of the Blue Moon Boys» – which never materialised, unfortunally.

I asked around for the docu and a friend pointed me this way thumbs up

Return Of The Blue Moon Boys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home